2016: Year In Progress

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

2016: Year In Progress

Post by Lovecraft » #148620

How has your life been going in this new age of 2016?

Has anything significant happened to you? Is your life on the uptick, downtick, sideways tick or has it started tocking?

As far as it goes for me 2015 was the greatest year of my life, and 2016 has just kept this cocktail of bad decisions and dumb luck going.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: 2016: Year In Progress

Post by Remie Richards » #148624

So far, quite bad (but not my worst year ever, that was last year), but if some plans go well it'll be the best year of my life, if those plans go badly however, it'll probably collapse and end up WORSE than last year.

Mood for this year: Scared.
私は完璧
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #148631

So far, pretty much excellent. Just got a new job related to my bachelors degree that shows some promise of advancement. Worked what will hopefully be my last ever shift at McDonalds on thursday, so happy to have been able to quit. Might be moving out on my own in the next couple months. Also i made admin which is pretty cool. Hoping everything holds together
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #148649

As long as no more of my family members pass away this year, I think it'll be good
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #148684

Some improvements, but it seems like there's a lot of feeling like garbage.

I'm trying harder, which is, well, hard.

This heat is fucking unbearable too, makes doing anything but sitting on the computer in front of a fan drinking cold water twice as hard.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #148687

every day smells
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #148692

Mood of this Year: Disgruntled.
Incompetence and Stress abound at work. My Dad is surviving in hospice longer than we expected. sigh.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #148707

This year will be the most important year of my entire education. I have to wrap up the busiest semester I've ever had, and in the next 12 months, I'll have to write a master thesis and finish a research internship if I want any hopes of getting my MSc degree by this time in 2017.

I'm moderately freaking out but I also have a weird kind of self-confidence right now?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #148748

Ricotez wrote:This year will be the most important year of my entire education. I have to wrap up the busiest semester I've ever had, and in the next 12 months, I'll have to write a master thesis and finish a research internship if I want any hopes of getting my MSc degree by this time in 2017.

I'm moderately freaking out but I also have a weird kind of self-confidence right now?
You've come this far. You can totally pull it off m8
Game Admin
Spoiler:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #148753

it's fuckles
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #148768

Well me and my ex got back together after several months of being best friends after the break up, and I'll be moving in with her come summertime so I can go back to school.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #148791

M0nsoon wrote:Well me and my ex got back together after several months of being best friends after the break up, and I'll be moving in with her come summertime so I can go back to school.
YOU FUCKED UP
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #148793

Might need my appendix removed I dunno but I found out my once smaller kidney grew to be normal sized.Go kidney go make that piss.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #148800

My 3d modeling skills has improved, I plan on moving to orlando soon, and got a raise at work.

Bretty gud so far.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #148801

Everything is shit and I want to get off Mr Bones' Wild Ride.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #148807

2k15 was a long downhill slide and gravity is not on my side
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #148864

I got on antidepressants towards the end of 15 and it drastically improved my life, but it was too late to save my grades and I had to withdraw from last semester. I'm back now and editor of the student newspaper along with one of my friends and this semester is looking way better.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #148930

Mister_Doc wrote:I got on antidepressants towards the end of 15 and it drastically improved my life, but it was too late to save my grades and I had to withdraw from last semester. I'm back now and editor of the student newspaper along with one of my friends and this semester is looking way better.
I've been there as well. I started taking them in August, and I was able to stop taking them a few months ago.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #148931

I'm almost at my weight loss goal and have nowhere to go but down, and I'm going to get my student loan payments reduced so I can save money and pay off my credit card. Hopefully I'll have enough saved up to enter the Software Guild later this year. I think my decision to do that has been my Big Thing of the year thus far.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #148933

tedward1337 wrote:
Mister_Doc wrote:I got on antidepressants towards the end of 15 and it drastically improved my life, but it was too late to save my grades and I had to withdraw from last semester. I'm back now and editor of the student newspaper along with one of my friends and this semester is looking way better.
I've been there as well. I started taking them in August, and I was able to stop taking them a few months ago.
You... you can come off Antidepressants? I thought they were a life long commitment.
私は完璧
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #148935

I discovered waifus but no-one wants to engage in engaging discussion concerning waifus with me no matter how I try to engage

You all think you are better than me huh well how about you come here and not online huh
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #148936

Remie Richards wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:
You... you can come off Antidepressants? I thought they were a life long commitment.
Honestly, it wasn't easy, but you can. i'm working a lot now, and I feel like I have a reason to get out of bed because of it.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #149008

I learned that I'll probably be moving back to the east coast this year and I'm extremely pleased.

Except for the fact that I'll be driving a uhaul the several thousand miles to get back there.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #149036

tedward1337 wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Honestly, it wasn't easy, but you can. i'm working a lot now, and I feel like I have a reason to get out of bed because of it.
Seconding. It's possible. It's dangerous though, and there'll be times when you slip and fall. I wouldn't encourage other people to look at it as "the goal", as there's nothing wrong with lifelong pharm. treatment and that works out better in almost all cases.

The goal should be to reach a point where depression doesn't impact your quality of life. If it takes medication to get there you shouldn't feel like you haven't reached that goal yet. You're there. If you can get there without medication that's good too, but avoiding medication out of stubbornness or pride wont get you anywhere.

I feel like every one of these conversations needs the sub-clause that "None of us are medical professionals or psychiatrists, and you should probably talk to one of those and see what is best for you before you listen to ANY of the bullshit we have to say."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #149038

I used to have manic depression. Constantly would just lay in bed, thinking about killing myself. I sometimes thought about how others would feel. I was too afraid to die. Eventually got to a point where I'd let things slide so far that life lost all meaning, I just went around not doing anything but surviving like an animal. I can't really describe what happened after that, I just... went around, talked to people, made some friends, and got better. It wasn't a fast process, it took years, I just didn't think about myself. I thought about making other peoples lives better because mine was so empty. I like to hide a lot of my insecurities behind my humor. Anything to get some kind of a happy reaction out of people, whether that was making them laugh, be grossed out, or what. Some days I still find it hard to get out of bed and keep up that act around people, but that's just life.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #149067

An0n3 wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Seconding. It's possible. It's dangerous though, and there'll be times when you slip and fall. I wouldn't encourage other people to look at it as "the goal", as there's nothing wrong with lifelong pharm. treatment and that works out better in almost all cases.

The goal should be to reach a point where depression doesn't impact your quality of life. If it takes medication to get there you shouldn't feel like you haven't reached that goal yet. You're there. If you can get there without medication that's good too, but avoiding medication out of stubbornness or pride wont get you anywhere.

I feel like every one of these conversations needs the sub-clause that "None of us are medical professionals or psychiatrists, and you should probably talk to one of those and see what is best for you before you listen to ANY of the bullshit we have to say."
Completely agree with this, medication helped get through difficult times, and I was able to get through it, I did also have my family as well to support me.

Its different for everyone, but I can promise everything does get better.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #149073

post yfw admins are so young the'yre just moving out of home

Fuck I feel old
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #149117

Eh even the well paid young adults I know aren't moving out. Probably a local thing due to the Australian housing market being coco bananas and rent amounts basically being resulting mortgage payments near directly extracted from you anyway.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #149163

Buy a house. It's better to be paying a mortgage then just giving some dumbfuck rent.

Rent should have dropped everywhere us response to a shitty real estate market and declining economy, but it didn't. The upside to this: you can buy a house for cheap. The downside to this: if your credit rating sucks or you're uncertain where you want to settle down you're going to get fucked.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #149212

I bought my first house and car last year, so this year will probably be relatively tame in terms of life-changing events.

I aim to become less lonely in 2016, but it's been shitty so far with plenty of death and illness, so my mood so far is -exhausted-
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #149234

waiting to hear back from grad school programs that I don't even really want to get accepted into but the alternative is being broke as fuck, not that graduate school is going to change my state of being broke as fuck

the career I am in sucks and so does the city I am in and so do the people I know and so does the game that monopolizes my time (kidding) (or am I)

life is shit
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #149237

What career are you in?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
bandit

Post by bandit » #149240

rather not say but trust me that it fucking blows

admin feedback pls
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #149289

bandit wrote:rather not say but trust me that it fucking blows
I know it's a lot easier for me to make this suggestion than it is to actually go through with it
but...

if you already feel that way about it, you should probably get out and switch to something you find more fulfilling.

How old are you?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #149349

my job sucks

musicians that i pretend to like for old people cred keep dying

finishing a degree has never seemed further out of my grasp

the future is dark

2016's doing alright for me i guess
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #149386

I'm just planning to stick around till 2090 when we get artificial superintelligence and will all become immortal.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #149476

Well the old man is declining and his hallucinations are getting a lot worse. The anti-psychotics don't seem to be helping, but at least he's taking his painkillers.

I wish I could do something...

But Euthanasia is illegal in Florida. Yea. I said it. I'd rather he die than suffer like this any longer. But I can't do shit about it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #149482

I'm learning java
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #149507

The main benefit I've gotten out of my meds is that my mood is more stable; beforehand it was really easy for something little to spiral into a whole depressive state, being bored would usually progress into ennui and being sad would progress into feeling worthless. I'm really glad that I have a wife who knows what I'm going through because I've been dealing with this since middle school but hadn't really acknowledged it as depression until recently. Hell we are on the same meds, just different dosages and mine will probably go up. Also one of our friends moved in with us and we're all stoners so that's fun. Also I'm co-editor of the university newspaper with this friend now so yay responsibility.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
bandit

Post by bandit » #149512

mid-twenties, so long enough to have fucked shit up

admin feedback pls
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #149514

bandit wrote:mid-twenties, so long enough to have fucked shit up
Sure that's one way to look at it, but that's still like 60+ years to try again.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #149536

If all goes well, I'll be getting my CCNA certification this year
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #149545

today was a bad day

when I say the best parts of it were the two exams I had to take I am not joking at all
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #149594

Zilenan91 wrote:I used to have manic depression. Constantly would just lay in bed, thinking about killing myself. I sometimes thought about how others would feel. I was too afraid to die. Eventually got to a point where I'd let things slide so far that life lost all meaning, I just went around not doing anything but surviving like an animal. I can't really describe what happened after that, I just... went around, talked to people, made some friends, and got better. It wasn't a fast process, it took years, I just didn't think about myself. I thought about making other peoples lives better because mine was so empty. I like to hide a lot of my insecurities behind my humor. Anything to get some kind of a happy reaction out of people, whether that was making them laugh, be grossed out, or what. Some days I still find it hard to get out of bed and keep up that act around people, but that's just life.
My friend, no matter what you think, you are valuable to me and to this community. I know I don't know you personally in any way outside of this forum or this game, but I am glad that you're still around. Fighting suicidal thoughts is a difficult battle, but you came out on top, and now that you've got that victory behind you, I know you can take on whatever else life throws at you.

I've been through some really tough shit myself (although I'd rather not say what it was, as I like to keep my presence in this community lighthearted and separate from my life's tragedies), and I assure you I resonate with your sentiment on feeling worthless and taking years to recover. I'll tell you this, my friend: Optimism goes a long way. People like to say that as a sort of default response, and I know it's a very overused term, but it's true. To get better, you have to want to get better, and to find that desire to get better, you need to think positively, even if your positive thoughts are as low as "I survived myself again today."

Keep up your fighting. Life goes on, and it gets better; not every tragedy has closure, and that's okay.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #149600

Oh I'm better now. That was around 10 years ago. Haven't thought about seriously killing myself in at least 5 of those. Depression wasn't really a "disease" for me, if it's even that for other people. A lot of people I know who've said they've had depression in my life were just faking it for sympathy or were self-diagnosing themselves when they had other problems instead. My depression was more about the conditions my life was at the time. I was rather poor, slept on a mat in the living room and didn't really have any friends. I was a very awkward person, and my parents had kept me basically shut-in for my whole childhood and teenage years so I was not the most sociable of people. One day I just woke up and thought to myself that I wanted to go do something that day, so I went and volunteered in some community events and met my friends that way. I don't think they really specifically helped me get out of either, they were just kinda there. A bunch of guys I could be real with, in a way I couldn't even do with my own family.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #149607

I don't know if "disease" is really the right word for it. If Alcoholism can be a disease, in that it's hereditary, then I suppose depression can be too.

"Disorder" seems more apt, to describe biological depression stemming from a chemical imbalance in the brain (or other physical sources in the body, there's some findings that some stomach problems or GI issues can also lead to depression because of how serotonin works).

I could talk about this stuff at length forever but I think I've said enough already and would rather give other people the chance.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #149626

Assholes, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread.

Been trying not think about my own problems lately, been sort of working too.
Or maybe because I've been focused on getting past the two surgeries I've had/are having.
Last edited by Malkevin on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #149627

Zilenan91 wrote: A lot of people I know who've said they've had depression in my life were just faking it for sympathy or were self-diagnosing themselves when they had other problems instead. .
I've met too many people that did this. It got me rather upset when I hear people say they 'have' it, as opposed to the people who are really affected by it.

My experience with depression involved me not wanting to talk about it with anyone, I was ashamed to think I had depression because I thought I was generally a happy person. I was wrong, and I let my pride get in the way of me actually seeking help for it. I'm glad my mom talked me into speaking with a doctor about it, because I doubt I'd be the same person now if I didn't start anti-depressants.
This year so far has been good, but I'm not looking forward to February. It's going to be a really difficult time.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #149668

paprika wrote:I'm learning java
java's dead
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #149670

IcePacks wrote:
paprika wrote:I'm learning java
java's dead
the JRE sucks but the language itself gets used in a lot of other stuff too, like Android and JavaCard
Spoiler: