Re: 2k16 /pol/

Post by Grazyn » #199380

Bottom post of the previous page:

isn't 8chan the true chan now?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #199383

I dunno, I don't use it. I only use YouTube.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #199401

Grazyn wrote:isn't 8chan the true chan now?
please go kill yourself you crippled faggot.
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #199410

So apparently there's controversy because the burger chain Byron found out that many of their workers were illegal immigrants and sacked them.

And apparently a bunch of nimrods have decided to stage a protest about this, calling them shameful and awful and terrible and calling to boycott them and the usual noise.

Meanwhile, The Daily Mash has another take on the situation:
Employer obeys employment law

BURGER restaurant Byron has been accused of acting in full accordance with UK immigration law.

The chain has angered customers by co-operating with immigration services, betraying employees who had lied about their identities, just to avoid potentially unlimited fines.

Eleanor Shaw, who has vowed never to eat in a Byron again, said: “What other laws do they obey? All of them?

“They should have hidden all the employees who weren’t legally allowed to work in an attic behind a secret door until all this immigration business blows over.

“Instead they sold out, choosing their future as a viable business over dozens of staff who weren’t legally able to work.

“If the whole chain had been shut down in a nationwide immigration investigation, with prison sentences and the loss of 1,500 jobs, I for one would have been proud.”

Shaw added: “I shall be going to a rival chain this weekend, and I shall ask for my burger to be cooked by an undocumented worker on less than the minimum wage. In solidarity.”
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #199416

Wow that's weird some businesses support anti immigration measures because strict laws keep the illegals in a near slavery state, blackmailed by their own employer.

Maybe this is a scum bag business making good on their threats to said illegal migrants? I mean it's not like you end up with a bunch of illegal workers by accident.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #199417

Is the Daily Mash the UK's version The Onion News Network?

Because if not...
"Eleanor Shaw, who has vowed never to eat in a Byron again, said: “What other laws do they obey? All of them?"
This is why women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Fucking baby making slags need shoving back in the kitchen.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #199418

Honestly this sort of illegal migrant blackmailing shit happens over and over again because the consequences for the offending businesses are kid gloves hug box nonsense. Liquidate em on the spot and put the entire management staff in jail for life.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #199444

I'm pretty sure it's their version of the Onion

That said, good on them. Less illegals is good for everyone. Except the illegals.
At least we're not in Qatar/Dubai levels of foreign labour though. Literally slavery
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #199454

It's not far away when you think about it, all you need is for it to be in a rural setting and suddenly you have enough privacy to pen them up and whoops several slavery cases in fucking Florida.

The business is not innocent by any measure typically they actively seek out the cheap labour and there is about no way they wouldn't know when you consider shit like payroll tax. There are no commendations for breaking the law and getting caught.

These sort of arrangements are abusive as fuck too they treat their bellow minimum pay guys like shit, they do it to overseas university students too.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #199471

Malkevin wrote:Is the Daily Mash the UK's version The Onion News Network?

Because if not...
"Eleanor Shaw, who has vowed never to eat in a Byron again, said: “What other laws do they obey? All of them?"
This is why women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Fucking baby making slags need shoving back in the kitchen.
yes, it is.

For a start, Eleanor Shaw is Meryl Streep's character in the Manchurian Candidate.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #199571

You think if maybe some of these "hard working individuals with big dreams who dindu nuffin" stayed behind to attempt those dreams in their own countries, said countries wouldn't be so shitty?

Maybe things might get better for those places if it wasn't so easy for everyone with enough work ethic to sneak into a better country (but not enough work ethic to actually do it legally) wasn't able to.

It's like all of us have been paying forward all the time we're growing up in a country, being taxed and employed, we're paying forward to build up this nice picnic feast for everyone who also chipped in.

...but then the time for the picnic comes and who the fuck are these guys that just snuck in at the last minute? Now there's less food and drink to go around for everyone and these guys who contributed absolutely nothing are getting a share of it. The fuck?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #199576

I'll tango with you.

Simply put, imagine I am trying to have a picnic in the Saharan desert. Sand keeps blowing in my food, there's no identifiable landmarks, nobody knows where the fuck I am, there's no fucking water and where THE FUCK is the bushery???? I'm also neo-Albert Einstein so I mean it's not like I have a lack of intelligence to try and fix this problem. Turns out it's pretty much impossible to fix this problem, Sahara will always be the Sahara, and the green park with a nice view and a well trimmed lawn (IE: Europe and America) will always, always be better. Be that due to the fact of the foundations of colonialism or just good old plain eurocentrism plus simply being an established powerhouse for centuries, the west will always be not necessarily better, but it will always, always be more attractive.

This is exactly what both my grand parents and my parents did. We could stay where we were and maybe if we worked extremely hard we could be well off. Or we could move away from the metaphorical Sahara into the metaphorical Central Park NYC where even if we work half of the intensity that we did back in our home we would still gain an exponential amount.

I mean in the end it's very easy for someone who's live in America or England or Germany or whatever top end country to go "Why do these people move to my country when they could stay and make their own country better?". Because just like communism, I and many other people don't care about the future of our national compatriots in 100 years time when we fix our problems by staying there, we care about the now, we want material wealth to support us now, not support our grandchildren. That's an afterthought. If we can support ourselves and then plan for our grandchildren that's fantastic, but first you must plan for yourself. We are social creatures but the survival instinct is hardwired into our primate brain. That's life. You can't blame me for wanting a far better education and work opportunity in England compared to the universities in Portugal. If I say that I come from Oxford university/Harvard that will make potential employers in all parts of the world perk their ears up. If I say I came from Coimbra University or The University of Lisboa nobody would give a rats ass of a damn. Where the fuck is Coimbra they will probably ask. Even if Coimbra is the oldest university in the world, nobody cares about that.

I'm thankful that I graduated from a Russel Group University, and it's not like I'm total deadweight to England. I pay taxes, I only use the NHS when absolutely necessary because I still have the habits that my parents instilled into me when I was young. In Portugal it was semi-privatised healthcare. If you went to the doctors because you stubbed your toe you best be prepared to pay. I don't go to my GP unless one of two things occur: 1) My Malaria is acting up REALLY fucking badly or 2) I have become a quadriplegic and I need someone to undo my zipper so I can piss. Are there people who entirely send their money to their native countries? Perhaps, just like there are natives in all of these countries who don't pay taxes and put their money in tax havens and are in direct ownership of companies that utilise tax havens. What demographic is easier to target? Well the big business have alot of lobby money and you as a politican kinda need that so that leaves the immigrants. Nothing like a bit of rabble rousing to get those votes by targeting an easily identifiable minority.
Last edited by ColonicAcid on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199587

I simplified it but you're right in that it's a constant picnic that most of us are constantly paying for yet a large portion of people have just climbed the fence, sat down, and are eating the food.

The "food" is not just government systems but also the very opportunity and jobs on offer. We've had to pay into this thing at intervals (be it every paycheck, yearly for property taxes and school taxes, etc.) to keep the good times going. You keep playing along with this thing and encouraging it and feeding it in hopes that when your own kids are grown it will be there for them. There will be opportunities there for them.

In my opinion a government should work for its citizens best interests and nobody else's. If you aren't willing to go through the process to become a citizen then you're a problem and need to get removed. If the system by which people are acquiring citizenship is flawed that is a separate concern that needs to be handled, definitely, but the correct solution to that problem is not to just skip the whole thing and sneak in illegally.

I don't think morality and ethics should enter into the government any more than religion or prayer. I don't care how bad the people in country B have it, country A has its own citizens and problems to work out. It's only when country B's problems are directly affecting country A that it ought to stick its nose in, and even then it should be focused on an outcome that benefits its own self the best. Survival of the fittest.

Just look at fucking Greece and the economic problems it has. Germany dumps a bunch of money into their economy to try to help them out and what do they get? Why did they do that? What could they possibly stand to gain? Look at the whole EU in general for that matter, holy shit.

America has its own "Why the fuck do we tolerate this" issues with Mexico, but also Puerto Rico and our relationships with some countries in South America. If history serves me right it's because some of these guys were chummy with us for a bit back in WW2 or the Cold War but have since just been economic drains on our resources while giving us abso-fuckin-lutely nothing back. Thanks we used you as a chess piece once in a political grief simulation that almost became real. That was 40-50 years ago though, so kindly fuck off now.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199589

Also people don't live in the Sahara you dumb shit and no place on earth is without some exploitable.

People still need food and fish. Tech industries only need space to grow. Look at all the transformation that has happened in the middle east over the last 20-30 years as they're becoming a high tech goods producer and software developers.

The "oh poor people we live in the desert with absolutely nothing" example doesn't exist.

Even if it hypothetically did that's still no excuse to not go through the proper channels to emigrate somewhere else. The only excuse to flee a country like that is if someone is putting a gun to you and yours, which we call refugees and there is still an official process for handling and integrating them.

Jesus man how many illegal immigrants do you know are running into the UK to graduate from Cambridge and go into scientific research? What the fuck are you even talking about colonic?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #199590

A government's purpose is to serve the interest of it's people first and foremost. If every government did this, everyone would be happy and illegals wouldn't exist. Sadly, a lot of governments don't do this, so its citizens go looking for places where they do, and sometimes circumvent the proper way to do so.

Anon is right, illegally alienating to a place is a crime for a reason. It's like climbing through an open window and squatting in someone's house. Sure the guy who did it might not have a house of his own, but that doesn't change the fact that he ate all your food and raped your sister.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199591

I don't want to villify illegals and blame them all sorts of crimes and shit. I'm sure like any other people most of them are probably actually really decent, and at least they do sometimes bring valuable cultural commodities and art with them. To call them all rapists and shit, that's just wrong.

It's all the unanswered for burdens they cause to the system. They consume low and mid-tier unskilled/uneducated labor positions you need to have an abundance of to keep the bottom rungs of your economy and populace happy. When they get hurt or die someone somewhere has to end up paying for that. If they do cause crimes someone has to both deal with the immediate fallout and also yes there are still monetary costs involved with that. Taxes get obliterated. It pissed people off and creates divides, racism flares up. People start lumping people together by ethnicity and not nationality and you start to get comments like "all people from country B are rapists". It tears your own people apart.

They can't be censured, accounted for. You can't adapt to them and their needs because they're constantly on the run from you or hiding out like rats in your cupboard just trying to eat your shit. They resists efforts to be domesticated, sticking to their own ways and cultures and languages driving that wedge of racism and ignorance further and further in.

It's like societal cancer.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #199592

tl;dr See: Europe
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #199593

And that is exactly what we're seeing in Europe right now

It could have been prevented, but people refused to believe it would happen
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199595

I'm all for building that fucking proverbial wall (not an actual wall but reformation of policies and security that actually works...which might mean a giant wall yeah).

I'm not for deporting people or ruining their lives because they snuck in here. I think some kind of moratorium to just get people to stop hiding so we can start hooking them up with SSN's and get a real head count and start figuring out what the fuck to do with all these people that actually works for everyone. They're already here, fuck it. It would cost us more money and effort to suddenly try to kick everyone out.

Getting people on the books protects them from abuses like sub-minimum wage labor and suffering from unreported crimes. Our world still suffers from a ridiculous human trafficking problem and the avenues through which illegals travel and prosper isn't a great distance away from that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #199833

>gf tells me I can't have an opinion on politics because I didn't vote

lol
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #199849

I wonder if one of the reasons women are so dumb is because they spend a lot of time in confined spaces breathing in nail glue and acetone, and probably other solvents too.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #199856

Mackerel wrote:>gf tells me I can't have an opinion on politics because I didn't vote

lol
>Refuses to participate at the system
>Calls the system shit

Leave.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #200130

Can we ban malkevin?
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #200131

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Mackerel wrote:>gf tells me I can't have an opinion on politics because I didn't vote

lol
>Refuses to participate at the system
>Calls the system shit

Leave.
>Literal fucking proof of voter suppression and fraud
>so fucking recent the bread is still too hot to eat

Also >shadowdimentio acting like he matters
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #200136

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Refuses to participate at the system
>Calls the system shit

Leave.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #200138

Go back to 8chan you cuck. Like you're patriotic enough to give a shit about any primary before you discovered this shitty thread or /pol/ existed in the first place.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #200150

You could argue that aligning with the libertarian party is the most patriotic

If you ignore Johnson, anyway
That guy supports the TPP
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200152

This week boys!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200159

No, I ordered one of those hats.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #200190

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Can we ban malkevin?
I'm sorry the only time your drunken welfare mum spent time with you was when she painted your toe nails.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200192

Crag is right, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #200213

Patriotism is a kind of disease.

Starts with putting piece of your country on a pedestal then loping the rest of it off.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #200220

Its okay malkevin, your mom spent enough time with me to make up for it. I honestly can't tell if you're just trying to be some sort of avant garde parody of "the alt-right insecure polack" or if you're actually so fucking devoid of the capacity for independent critical thought you base your entire fucking personality around sitting in your government subsidized shack bitching about niggers, faggots, and women. I'd love to hear your response to this, but I have a pedicure scheduled, our moms are gonna clean my feet because they're coated with shit from shoving my boot up the asses of weak squirrely clowns like you.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #200224

SAC... are you black?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #200231

Incomptinence wrote:Patriotism is a kind of disease.

Starts with putting piece of your country on a pedestal then loping the rest of it off.
>Not supporting your country
>In the year of Our Lord 2076-84+8+16
XSI

Post by XSI » #200234

Patriotism is a healthy thing

It's going "Shit, all these people with similar culture and background to me are awesome. That means I too should be awesome. Lets go be awesome!"
Just don't overdo it. But even then overdoing it is still better than not having any patriotism at all
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #200257

Black Lives Matter

hahaha.. hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAAAAA HAHAHAHA
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #200281

America is a parrotriarchy.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200305

XSI wrote:Patriotism is a healthy thing
Getting rid of the concept of nations would be healthier.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #200306

Until the entire world is equally wonderful (never going to happen) nations will always exist and be the best way to ensure the people in an areas needs are met.

Nationalism is extremely healthy if only because it gives people a reason to raise up arms to defend their country, because the only other reason anybody would do that is because you were paying them to as mercs. Having a merc army is a terrible idea because if the enemy can offer your army more you're utterly defenseless.

Globalism looks nice on paper until you look at Europe which is a case study in how it goes apocalyptically bad.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #200334

Yeah they're a good way to blind the general public to push personal agendas for money, power, or both. Then when that doesn't work, start calling for anarchy and attempt to destroy the county because you never really cared.

like trump :wetfloorsign:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #200352

Since 1980 trump's been begging for a leader to step up and said if it ever got bad enough he'd run so don't give me that shit.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200361

ShadowDimentio wrote:Nationalism is extremely healthy
As German it is my duty to banish you to the 19th century.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Sidon

Post by Sidon » #200366

Mackerel wrote:Since 1980 trump's been begging for a leader to step up and said if it ever got bad enough he'd run so don't give me that shit.
Bad enough, or just simply ripe enough? The dude's not out to help anybody, he's only in this for himself and maybe his family. That's been his life story, something you can follow and read through his career and public image. In a different world he'd be running as a Democrat right about now.

Unfortunately for him, he's not a very good businessman, yet he is an expert con-man for the middle class and poor. Trying to weasel his way our of debates and crying of a rigged system, trying to get his cemented amount of supporters to frenzy up and burn it all down like children. Turning on anyone who have realized or just started to realize what the fuck just happened. The poor Republican party, win or lose for Trump, just got conned and I'd be surprised to see the party survive. But hey! He says whats on his mind, so honest and for the people! A guy who has the wealth to jump ship if things really were as bad as the remaining fear mongering Republicans would have you believe, really cares for us!

Also he eats pizza with a fork. I'm not voting for a guy who does that, get the fuck out.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #200368

I hope you're not seriously considering voting for Hillary Clinton.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #200369

Both sides bad so vote republican.
Sidon

Post by Sidon » #200370

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I hope you're not seriously considering voting for Hillary Clinton.
I live in a solid blue state, so it doesn't matter in the end who I vote for. I'm not happy with any of the candidates and I'm just going off of the bigger picture here. I'm better off under Democrats as it is so I rather they get more justices in, senate seats, etc. Also I'm a believer of voting no matter what, so picking the less bad option is on the table as well. Despite that I wish no ill will on any Republicans, and feel bad for a lot of them who really hate what happened to their party. Losing them wouldn't be good for the country either, but it's not something you can fix with voting.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #200392

Whose willing to come colonize Antarctica with me so we can live out our post-national ideas and slowly devolve into a colder, fatter, and lonelier Lord of the Flies?
Last edited by Pybro on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #200395

DemonFiren wrote:
As a german your duty is to bend over and take Ahmed's cock so you can get culturally enriched. Cuck nations have no say in political matters.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200403

InsaneHyena wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
As a german your duty is to bend over and take Ahmed's cock so you can get culturally enriched. Cuck nations have no say in political matters.
>cuck nations have no say
Then why won't this Russian shut up?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #200420

DemonFiren wrote:
XSI wrote:Patriotism is a healthy thing
Getting rid of the concept of nations would be healthier.
ShadowDimentio wrote:Until the entire world is equally wonderful (never going to happen) nations will always exist and be the best way to ensure the people in an areas needs are met.

Nationalism is extremely healthy if only because it gives people a reason to raise up arms to defend their country, because the only other reason anybody would do that is because you were paying them to as mercs. Having a merc army is a terrible idea because if the enemy can offer your army more you're utterly defenseless.

Globalism looks nice on paper until you look at Europe which is a case study in how it goes apocalyptically bad.
Pretty much this. Nations are a must-have because as much as we may wish otherwise, without solid and strictly defined borders between different groups of people the only thing that will happen is a sliding scale from tensions, to societal breakdown, to finally ethnic cleansings as the entirety of Africa shows, and former Yuguslav in the balkans.

As nice as a world without borders must sound to some, there is a very good reason why we have them. Aside from historical reasons they are absolutely vital to keeping stability, and any project that tries to eliminate borders has led to instability and tensions, like the EU.
Nations, nationalism and borders are a good thing because different cultures under the same country never works out. Especially in democracies, as whichever culture is more numerous will be able to force the others to change through laws and the political system. Coincidentally, this is why so many people are upset and worried about the mass immigration into Europe

As for the mercs. Italy tried that in its city state phase. And that is pretty much exactly how it went, they just hired eachothers mercs and that was the war.
DemonFiren wrote:
Other way around. You may return to the 17th century where the capitalists learned that they could set up plantations in these far off nations that they forcibly removed the borders from. That certainly worked out well for those nations
Last edited by XSI on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.