Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by bman » #332359

Bottom post of the previous page:

TheColdTurtle wrote:Let's not give someone dying a lifesaving treatment. This Diabetic here doesn't need insulin as well, they did it to themselves. We shouldn't use the AED here on this arrest because they obviously ate one to many hamburgers.
You know, extremely well, that's not what I'm arguing for.

Instead of arguing against my point you decided to build a big big strawman and pretend that what I'm saying is that we shouldn't give addicts treatment - and not that addicts are in the end responsible for their own predicament.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332360

The biological processes of physical addiction don't kick in until a period of constant use.

But the draw to heroin is that it's one of the best highs you can get. Even better than crack. That's what draws so many people in. If you didn't know what it was or that you even did it you probably would put it down as a weird ass night. Problem arises when you do it and you like the feeling (to which majority of the population is going to like the feeling because that shit ABSOLUTELY loves your opiod receptors.) And you search for it more.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #332361

Hey, colonic, what do you think about DMT?
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332363

Its okay.

I stupidly smoked it in my only bowl I have for weed and forgot how long that shit sticks along for so for the next couple of days I was getting super fucked from having a bowl until I made the connection and I had to buy a new one.

I preferred salvia to dmt.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #332367

Hey colonic have you ever vaped
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #332380

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I think if its more expensive to drug test all the junkie fucks they might as well give em welfare and use the money they save not having them piss in cups to fund treatment centers to get those wastoids to stop bein' so addicted to shit
do you ever get tired of being correct
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #332386

well, when i start a discussion i start a discussion :^)
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #332417

InsaneHyena wrote:Speaking of drugs, apparently Austalia will be testing welfare recipients for drugs? digg is very pissed about that for reasons I can't possibly discern. Crackheads and other subhumans shouldn't get goverment money, if you ask me.
The plan is worse than the abandonement one you have.
It will quarantine 80% of the payment for food and necessities.

So then you have a situation like America and their food stamps bullshit, well fed undesirables with no cash to spend on their deviancy.

It's a recipe for a crime wave because they will get the dough for their shitty drugs.

Colonic is a dark mirror of my own view of drug users because I basically think here is an idiot who chose to become a robot mouse. Fat people are less fucking retarded than junkies honestly at least they got addicted to the worst aspects of an activity essential to living instead of dumb shit like taking needles from fuckwits. There is a fucking grand canyon between the illusion of choice in the face of the background activity of the unconscious mind and becoming a slave to drug dealer shitlords.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #332433

Duterte has the right idea.
Bring back papercult.

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #332436

InsaneHyena wrote:Duterte has the right idea.
I wonder if he would actually take this suggestion from Australia. Are there welfare checks in the Philippines? Mandatory drug tests to welfare recipients. If you're positive, in front of the firing squad you go. International community can't complain because Australia is already doing mandatory checks and drug use is already capital crime in the Philippines.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #332442

So sick of this Diana malarkey. When she croaked I was pissed because the news and talking heads kept preempting my fucking cartoons. It was worse than 9/11 for that. I kept asking myself "why do we care about the princess of Wales didn't we fight a war so the British crown would fuck off?"
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #332443

Super Aggro Crag wrote:why do we care about the princess of Wales
Because she was pretty.
Bring back papercult.

bman
Github User

Post by bman » #332546

/thread
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332557

read Homo Deus A Brief History of tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari.

It's like people stating that robots can't make art. David Cope made a program called Annie that using machine learning found the patterns that made all the modern classics of music the "best". He then put it to an audience test with three songs. An original of bach, a composition created by Annie that was based on Bach, and another composer that had stated prior that Annie could never make good music.

Majority of the people listening thought the digitally composed by Annie was the original bach and thus the best.

Art stands as a statement of how humans triumph over animals and how we have "souls" or whatever but in reality our brains are trained to spot patterns. The law of three etc etc.

You joke about this now, but I can assure you in half a century humans will discover that we are actually not that special and majority of our behaviour comes down to purely neurological algorithms. Art is just mathematical patterns that our brains somehow decided look good, probably through evolutionary traits back in prehistoric times. Or maybe just the side-effects of the cognitive revolution. Either way, one thing that computers are REAL fucking good at is finding patterns.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332558

Basically, your current beliefs of how our brain works is purely due to the culture of 19th/20th century liberalism where the only way for us to achieve true happiness is to be free-willed humans, because that is what we are. And that was all fine and dandy until scientists begin to really delve into neurology and discovered that is not actually the case. But it's hard for us to comprehend the fact that we simply aren't in control of our actions, that in reality our subconscious is mostly in control whilst our narrating self gives us the illusion of control. Not only is it hard to comprehend, it's fucking scary.

In the future, after the rise of automation and robots and whatever, the entire platform of liberalism will disintegrate, just like laissez faire capitalism disintegrated when we moved to a period of total war.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #332559

What makes art art is the artist's intentions.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332562

DemonFiren wrote:What makes art art is the artist's intentions.
This is the basis of liberal art, yeah.

But before that in the 16th century the basis of art being beautiful was painting religious symbols. Does that make them less of artists because they didn't have the same intentions as our current artists?

Do you think that a 16th century painter looking at our art will think its art? No, because they did not have the same values. In the future, our art will also be completely different, and it could be so different that we ourselves would refuse it because it doesn't fit our current values of "art". That being that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (This entire idea is very much a new thing, it's ingrained in the modern art rhetoric, this has never been the case for art. Kings and priests decided what things were art before the liberal era, not some stinky peasant in the middle of nowhere, and we still got beautiful pieces of art like the Sistine chapel or the statue of david etc).

It's a recent phenomena that everyone can appreciate art. Before that it was not for us simple people, it was for the nobility and gentry, and so was voting. This is not a coincidence. Liberalism toughts have painted a whole lot of our culture and its hard to see where the goalposts start and end due to it. We like to think that our society will always be the same, and to be fair, so did the medieval kings. They too thought that in 2000 years there would still be a king at the top with absolute power, followed by nobles and knights contracted to them, with peasants under contract to the knights and lords. They could not understand any other world just like we can't understand a post-humanism/post-liberalism world. Liberalism won't die with a bang, it'll die with a whimper.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #332570

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:
Wyzack wrote:You can get addicted to oxycodone by taking it as prescribed by your doctor
OMG no everyone knows that drugs prescribed by your doctor are special drugs that are addiction Free!!!!!

Did you know that Elvis used to rant about drug addicts whilst he himself was on over 20 substances prescribed by his doctor ranging from barbs to ampeths.
Didnt elvis die pooping

Thats fucked up!
Apparently he died on the toilet but wasn't pooping, no he'd actually suffered a massive cardiac arrest from snorting a line of coke whilst on the toilet.

I guess the idea that the strain of passing a hard fatty stool making his ticker explode was better for PR.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #332573

You shit when you die, it was perhaps more convenient for his dignity he was sat over a toilet first. Not to say his current state of health was very good.

Spoiler:
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #332578

colonic replied so i have to reply his points now:

ill quote incompitence here
Incomptinence wrote:There is a fucking grand canyon between the illusion of choice in the face of the background activity of the unconscious mind and becoming a slave to drug dealer shitlords.
illusion of choice due to predetermined patterns is a real thing but can not be used an excuse for your choices.

and even IF you can blame illusion of choice for picking up a needle, shoving it into your vein and injecting heroin - let's just play your game and assume that's the case - to what end? if you can blame brain patterns for something like that then surely you can also justify murder (something built in us), animalistic desire to rape, the desire to binge on sugary foods and a load of other stuff on our monkey brains.

except we don't, nor should we.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #332677

Super Aggro Crag wrote:So sick of this Diana malarkey. When she croaked I was pissed because the news and talking heads kept preempting my fucking cartoons. It was worse than 9/11 for that. I kept asking myself "why do we care about the princess of Wales didn't we fight a war so the British crown would fuck off?"
and all I can think of is mitchell and webb's take on the conspiracy bullshit

[youtube]b4meFC1ee7Q[/youtube]
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #332681

The whole free will is a lie thing besically means in my view we can look under the hood and see your decision making process before you are aware of it. Golly gee you didn't have your choice before it was thought about wow the cart didn't come before the horse what a fucking surprise

Which contrary to what colonic thinks means the modicum cost benefit analysis was run before each junky took up their slavery substance and it done multiple times if they needed repeat exposure. Which means culpability goes all the way down to their subconscious WHICH IS AN ESSENTIAL COMPONENT TO THEM. So it's idiots all the way down in the case idiots? Golly gee I am just stunned.

Now I don't support the war on drugs shit but I don't think here is anyway even insanehyena wants a (terrible) solution that aims to solve the problem with a novel approach rather than maintain a black market status quo.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #332684

the existence of free will is a subject for philosophers
not biologists

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #332687

I don't even know who this diana girl is but if it's been 20 years you really should get over it
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332690

DemonFiren wrote:the existence of free will is a subject for philosophers
not biologists
ahahaaha not really.

biologists believe it doesnt exist. they're scientists, with research grants, writing in actual peer reviewed journals.

philosphosers are working as baristas.

who are you going to listen to???

like everyone here who actually thinks we have free will, please tell me how you can fucking assure me that when scientists can with 100% accuracy tell what you're going to do before you do it by up to 7 seconds? actually read the shit i link, dont just gloss over it and carry on with your arguements. for the love of all that is holy.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #332698

bring the philosophers back into tenure I say they're still way better than gender studies tripe

Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #332703

"abstract" is certainly the right word there
XSI

Post by XSI » #332705

"Social studies" is why science is getting a bad name these days

Kick that crap out, it's even worse than creationists
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332712

some social studies is acceptable.

sociology is important.
but not that. never that.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #332723

you didn't link anything other than that one thing with the pictures

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332746

the fucking name of the first article is literally Neuroscience vs philosophy: Taking aim at free will

it can argue my point far better than i ever can because im not a fucking neuroscientist.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #332757

well, if i got that right the tests they run on you allow you only to choose when to push a button and not whether to do so
so you're already predetermined the moment you agree to their conditions
so they're not really measuring anything other than that what they told you to do is what you end up doing

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #332762

its to press a button to their left or to their right.
they ask you to spontaneously press a button whenever you want.
they can tell what button youre going to press 7 seconds before you actually do it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #332765

so you are still predetermined by agreeing to their conditions
the environment does not allow enough freedom of choice for freedom of will to significantly factor in

that's without getting into shit like the kantian concept of free will in which the entire universe is deterministic, but specific decisions motivated by specific reasoning can be free, and are in fact the only time you as a being are free

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #333656

Why haven't we gone shariah yet?

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #333666

Don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #333669

Most people never got a choice in it
Or wanted it
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #333695

Infact most people are against immigration as a purpose for brexit (amongst other things), these guys were just shipped in as fake 20 somethings.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #333743

That was Twitter, wasn't it?

So that protest most likely took place inside some right-winger's mind.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #333772

DrPillzRedux wrote:Why haven't we gone shariah yet?

literally didnt happen in the uk

i can fuckin assure you if something that big happened in the uk it would be all over the news

get your news from somewhere else that isn't twitter lmao
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #333775

Pillz knows it didn't happen, it's in Pillz's nature to spread bullshit to get the attention he craves.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #333779

its actually a muslim event from last october
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mourning_of_Muharram

which suprisingly enough had nothing to do with sharia law

nice meme friend
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #333983

DemonFiren wrote:Pillz knows it didn't happen, it's in Pillz's nature to spread bullshit to get the attention he craves.
ColonicAcid wrote:its actually a muslim event from last october
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mourning_of_Muharram

which suprisingly enough had nothing to do with sharia law

nice meme friend

Absolutely Savage

[youtube]44Q58kWAsCo[/youtube]

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #334057

Trump cares Obongo didn't
XSI

Post by XSI » #334136

This time, Japan gets a bit more scared because they´re the ones likely to get fucked if NK tries anything
Also South Korea
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #334150

They arrested some army guys for being part of a neo-nazi group here in the UK.

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #334170

Trump is repealing DACA, shocking nobody

Discuss
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #334173

>beeb shitposting

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #334268

I think the second story is far more interesting.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #334284

Stupid woman, I'm sure she would've had a nail file or something else in her bag that could've been used to break up the offending log.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #334291

I have several questions and I want answers to none of them.