2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by cedarbridge » #345418

Bottom post of the previous page:

CosmicScientist wrote: Sooo this vid and thinking back on some national/personal experiences... what's up with Murica? Is this what happens when you poison your sea with tea?

To be on topic though, I'm yet to hear toxic masculinity outside Murican internet or Murican jokes. I'm still crossing my fingers people don't say it unironically as a problem to be solved since I don't venture towards gender politics on the web.
Its an academia problem. We get stories from your side of the pond as well. The last couple years, at least, have had a few social justice flavored dustups at Oxford (the exclusion of white students from a public campus meeting by its student "diversity" advocate comes to mind off hand.) Essentially, professors in large amounts live in tenure enforced leftist echochambers and use their courses as a bully pulpit to preach "resistance" and social justice dogma until the students get embroiled into it and come out of their first year or so with a motivation to either be (or LARP as) communists/issue of the week "activists"/etc. I suppose the professors long for their glory days of protesting Nixon in the same way I pine for days of neon past. The difference is I don't go around demanding that everything that isn't neon be torn down in the process.

The above is combined with a lot of rhetoric we're hearing out of the campuses now conflating speech with violence. The laws in most states protect an act of violence against another done in self defense or in defense of another subject to imminent violence, but legally those states don't protect you from mean or contrary words in the same way. The campuses have turned this into a sort of topsy-turvey. If you say something I don't like or that I believe is politically harmful to somebody or some group, then I can attack you to protect myself from your "violent" speech. That has, in turn, created the artifact known widely as "hate speech." Here in the states, we have no definition for this because its not really a thing. The law is generally silent on it because we have the in-built protections against improper policing of speech. Professors and students, however, are not shy about defining things however best suits the need. I believe your country has actually started defining and policing that sort of thing (to my great amusement at pissing off their official twitter accounts.)

Another, similar issue is the modern concept of "intersectionality." That is, we must weigh each type of oppression experienced by each group who may or may not be oppressed and stack them into a sort of web or totem pole of most to least oppressed and then view the world through that criterion to some end. The end isn't always clear but it usually comes down to "blame whitey" in the States.

tl:dr College is a huge mistake. Send your kid to a trade school.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #345419

>do liberal arts
>have professors that are politically active

wew lad never saw that coming.

ive never ever seen a STEM professor rant about anything political in any environment bar closed doors.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345421

ColonicAcid wrote:>do liberal arts
>have professors that are politically active

wew lad never saw that coming.

ive never ever seen a STEM professor rant about anything political in any environment bar closed doors.
Its starting earlier on that front now, actually.
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9187

Part of the problem, as well, is the perpetual push for students to enter colleges and universities "to have an educated populous." Expanding college admissions means expanding course offerings to meet demand for students. That means offering courses students are drawn to taking. This apparently means we have a proliferation of social "sciences" courses and liberal arts fluff. (I know, I took a few in padding out a mostly useless 4year degree enroute to law school.) So we get liberal arts professors with pet project courses about intersectional feminism in literally everything under the sun and third wave basket weaving, and pastry activism. I will go to my grave screaming that there are too many people going into university for the wrong reasons leaving with useless degrees and going into their graves with debts their parents could never imagine while blaming everyone else for their debts when society would benefit infinitely more from having 5,000 more tig welders than 10,000 liberal arts degrees.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #345432

This I agree on

A college degree in this day and age is a 100thousand dollar sheet of toilet paper for all the good it actually does those holding it

If you're not going to college for sports, just go for a trade instead
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345437

Most employers I've met and spoken to on the subject (unless they're specifically hiring you for a position directly related to your agree) view a university degree as an IQ test they're allowed by law to require. Which is comical since anyone with basic literacy (and sometimes not even that) can tapdance through most 4 year programs.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #345448

Sargon had a debate* a while ago about intersectionality, and it's a great insight into the mind of someone who supports it.

Highlights include "freedom allows white men to control everything", "collectivism makes us more individual", and the interview guy bringing up his moral outrage over Sargon telling a British MP "I wouldn't even rape you" a good 15 times over the course of the hour and a half interview.

*It was supposed to be an interview but the guy interviewing couldn't help but turn it into a debate

[youtube]mTFL0wKmsC0[/youtube]
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345450

Subjugation is liberation
War is peace
Contradiction is truth
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #345452

>sargon of akkad
lol
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #345453

cedarbridge wrote:Subjugation is liberation
War is peace
Contradiction is truth
Hilariously applicable. Like 30 minutes of the debate was Sargon explaining in agonizing detail why affirmative action is just as discriminatory as any discrimination that may or may not have existed before, and the guy just couldn't comprehend that affirmative action requires that some group to be discriminated against.

"I don't think discrimination is the answer to discrimination"
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345459

DemonFiren wrote:>sargon of akkad
lol
>germans
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #345462

cedarbridge wrote:
lol
>germans
you got a problem?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #345464

Where's your feathers
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345465

DemonFiren wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
lol
>germans
[img]
you got a problem?
How did you post that without being arrested?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345467

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Where's your feathers
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #345468

Sargon is a joke, for sure
But not as big a joke as the people he complains about and has these interview/debate things with
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #345557

So, Richard Spencer is coming to my campus.

I'm tied, I do not agree with his ideals but I want to see him speak to just see what he says. I told my roomate this and he completely advised me against it since I may make enemies he says. I don't know how to feel, we can't wear masks or anything so there is no way to hide my identify if I wanted to go (I'm not a neo nazi, but I just don't want people thinking that I am since I know they keep a database of people who go to these things). I'm not too sure what to do, it's going to be a historical event most likely: Probably similar to what happened in Charlottesville depending on how loud it gets. Alachua county is one of the only liberal strongholds in all of north Florida so I would image that there will be tons of protesting going on.

Not too sure what to do.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345559

CitrusGender wrote:So, Richard Spencer is coming to my campus.

I'm tied, I do not agree with his ideals but I want to see him speak to just see what he says. I told my roomate this and he completely advised me against it since I may make enemies he says. I don't know how to feel, we can't wear masks or anything so there is no way to hide my identify if I wanted to go (I'm not a neo nazi, but I just don't want people thinking that I am since I know they keep a database of people who go to these things). I'm not too sure what to do, it's going to be a historical event most likely: Probably similar to what happened in Charlottesville depending on how loud it gets. Alachua county is one of the only liberal strongholds in all of north Florida so I would image that there will be tons of protesting going on.

Not too sure what to do.
You go.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #345561

cedarbridge wrote:

Not too sure what to do.
You go.
but why
what about all the bad things I just listed
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #345565

CitrusGender wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

Not too sure what to do.
You go.
but why
what about all the bad things I just listed
Don't go and just watch it on youtube or osmething then
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #345566

Richard Spender is the nazi dude right
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #345572

captain sawrge wrote:Richard Spender is the nazi dude right
white supremacist

but yeah kinda
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #345573

Drive your car into him
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #345600

CitrusGender wrote:
white supremacist

but yeah kinda
Not really. White supremacist maybe bit nazi, hell no. That man sucks more kike cock than Hillary Clinton did in her DNC initiation
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #345601

CitrusGender wrote:
white supremacist

but yeah kinda
Not really. White supremacist maybe bit nazi, hell no. That man sucks more kike cock than Hillary Clinton did in her DNC initiation
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
XSI

Post by XSI » #345618

Instead of going normally, take that 'historical event' stuff as a thing

Go with a big bucket of popcorn and pack some extra drinks. If people think you've gone there just to see the riots then they'll think of you as a bystander who wants to see shit going on rather than an evil neonazi or whatever
But in all seriousness, if you want to see it, either just go or watch it on youtube later
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #345623

XSI wrote:Instead of going normally, take that 'historical event' stuff as a thing

Go with a big bucket of popcorn and pack some extra drinks. If people think you've gone there just to see the riots then they'll think of you as a bystander who wants to see shit going on rather than an evil neonazi or whatever
But in all seriousness, if you want to see it, either just go or watch it on youtube later
This is likely what I'm going to do. Though, I may sneak in and watch it for a bit. I think there's a back door I can run out of lmao
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #345636

CitrusGender wrote:
XSI wrote:Instead of going normally, take that 'historical event' stuff as a thing

This is likely what I'm going to do. Though, I may sneak in and watch it for a bit. I think there's a back door I can run out of lmao
Go, but go as rudely as possible. Bring a giant tub of popcorn. Eat it as loudly and rudely as possible. Guffaw at inopportune moments. Wear a "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" shirt. Maybe bring peanuts or crackers too. Bring a giant-ass soda and slurp it loudly. Wear oversize sunglasses. Put your feet on something. If anyone tells you you're being rude or you need to stop, scream "FREEZE PEACH" at the top of your lungs. Bring mace. Don't mace anyone, but if someone tries to hurt you for doing this, mace the fuck out of them.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345648

Look at it this way.
-If you go and disagree with literally everything he says, you've expanded yourself by having heard it, entertained it and decided otherwise.
-If you go and agree with literally everything he says, you've heard things you wouldn't otherwise have heard and found something of value to incorporate into yourself.
-If you go and agree with some things he says and reject others, you've still done more to expand yourself than anyone who would screech at you for listening.
-If you don't go you miss out on all of the above but you avoid being looked at by people who would only look down on you because you listened to somebody that they don't like.

Bonus points, if assholes show up to start shit and you get caught in the middle, you get to punch some assholes in the face. :thelaw:

Spencer's a lightweight (and I lean very far to towards the Third Position), but I could never encourage somebody to avoid listening to a speaker just because that speaker is unpopular or controversial.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #345650

Drynwyn wrote:
CitrusGender wrote:

Go, but go as rudely as possible. Bring a giant tub of popcorn. Eat it as loudly and rudely as possible. Guffaw at inopportune moments. Wear a "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" shirt. Maybe bring peanuts or crackers too. Bring a giant-ass soda and slurp it loudly. Wear oversize sunglasses. Put your feet on something. If anyone tells you you're being rude or you need to stop, scream "FREEZE PEACH" at the top of your lungs. Bring mace. Don't mace anyone, but if someone tries to hurt you for doing this, mace the fuck out of them.
Dont do any of this
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345659

Drynwyn wrote:Go, but go.
Fixed
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345795

CosmicScientist wrote:
I don't know what you mean about muh country defining and policing hate speech. I just hear, randomly, about "Muh Muslim hatepreacher not getting arrested/deported", "Muh friend arrested for saying death to blacks on digg!", "Muh Hitler saluting dog" which is backed up by the general government sentiment of "Paedophiles and terrorists use the internet, we need to control it and your phones like China!"
cedarbridge wrote:...
Bonus points, if assholes show up to start shit and you get caught in the middle, you get to punch some assholes in the face. :thelaw:
Dem bikelocks Pillz mentioned tho
To the first. I see a couple things fairly regularly. The fact that the police priority from the outside looking in when you have a bomb blow up in a tube station or busy streetside is to make sure the public isn't saying mean things on twitter is concerning to say the least. Then you get those same police departments posturing about controlling speech on twitter. Apart from wanting police to generally do a real job that isn't moderating twitter posts, squelching speech in any form puts a bad taste in many an American mouth. The fact that it is even possible under your current laws to prosecute Dankula over his fucking pug is baffling. Just within the last week we heard news that the Home Secretary over there is angling for 15 year sentences for "viewing extremist material online." wew fucking lad

To the second, that one's safe. /pol/ busted him because autism is a superpower.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #345798

calzilla1 wrote:
CitrusGender wrote:
white supremacist

but yeah kinda
Cazila always defends these types of people.

Spencer and his organization drew considerable media attention in the weeks following the 2016 US presidential election, where, at a National Policy Institute conference, he quoted from Nazi propaganda and denounced Jews.[9] In response to his cry "Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!", a number of his supporters gave the Nazi salute and chanted in a similar fashion to the Sieg heil chant used at the Nazis' Nuremberg rallies. Spencer has also refused to denounce Adolf Hitler.[11]

Spencer led the crowd in chants of "You will not replace us" and "Blood and soil."[34]

From wikipedia

I mean really if he's quoting Nazi speach, making the Nazi salute, and has Nazi beliefs...

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck. Call it a duck.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #345800

Wuh oh.

The Catalan parliament signed a formal declaration of independence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... claration/

It's suspended, but.

I predict this will not end peacefully.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #345803

Calzilla was pointing something out, he's not defending anyone. Put your accusations and pitchforks down.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #345821

National police choppers were circling the building and the Guardia Civil was ready to storm it, what was he supposed to do, declare independence and then go out in a blaze of glory?
starmute

Post by starmute » #345831

ShadowDimentio wrote:Calzilla was pointing something out, he's not defending anyone. Put your accusations and pitchforks down.
He's not pointing anything out other than "his opinion".

He's wrong, he constantly does little to no research and that's annoying. If I debate a topic I at least try to know a little about it.

I mean I could have a "opinion" (IE made up nonesense) that Fredrick the great was a time traveler who was replaced by a reploid then fought Johan Guttenburg for the rights to the printing press... but I'd probably be wrong.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #345862

Frederick the Great was a homosexual.

Also on the Richard Spencer thing I wouldn't bother going. You aren't going to hearshit over counter protestors screaming a lot and the event will probably be canceled quickly
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #345924

Also there's always the risk of some crazy plowing through the crowd with his car, or setting off a pipe bomb. Don't go to charged political rallies unless you're seriously commited to the cause. This isn't the 2000s anymore. People die in these events. Stay safe.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #345950

Grazyn wrote:Also there's always the risk of some crazy plowing through the crowd with his car, or setting off a pipe bomb. Don't go to charged political rallies unless you're seriously commited to the cause. This isn't the 2000s anymore. People die in these events. Stay safe.
This is in America, not the Northern Caliphate.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #345956

lol

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #345958

Yeah, I am at least going to watch it. Still debating on going inside though. Gonna be a crazy day.
XSI

Post by XSI » #346032

If you do not want to go in and hear in person

There's always youtube
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #346195

idk if any of you heard about the Communist 2LT that graduated from West Point that posted a bunch of stuff violating the UCMJ online, but I recommend reading this:

in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI

Post by XSI » #346196

tl;dr

Summary?
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #346200

This LTC says that West Point has degraded below the level of the average liberal arts college.

He wrote a sworn statement in 2015 about the commie cadet when he was outright disrespectful to him repeatedly, and it was ignored. This proves that the academy leadership was lying when they said they weren't aware of CDT Rapone's actions during his time at WP.
I graduated from West Point in 1997 and have been a commissioned officer for over 18 years. I've served in various leadership positions all over the world, including a combat zone in Iraq. Never in over 18 years has any Soldier spoken to me or treated me with such extreme disrespect as CDT Rapone did on the night of 17 November.
Staff at westpoint can't do anything about cadets because if they complain about cadets they're verbally degraded at the hearings.

Honestly a TL;DR doesn't do it justice, I suggest reading it if you can find the time.
At the least read the sworn statement, which is pretty small on that image so here's a link.

This is also an extremely big deal because WP almost never sends out mass emails to all graduated members, which is what the top left of the image is (as was the one before this when he got discovered where they said they were going to start an investigation into him).
you are mom is gay
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #346218

lntigracy wrote:This LTC says that West Point has degraded below the level of the average liberal arts college.

He wrote a sworn statement in 2015 about the commie cadet when he was outright disrespectful to him repeatedly, and it was ignored. This proves that the academy leadership was lying when they said they weren't aware of CDT Rapone's actions during his time at WP.
I graduated from West Point in 1997 and have been a commissioned officer for over 18 years. I've served in various leadership positions all over the world, including a combat zone in Iraq. Never in over 18 years has any Soldier spoken to me or treated me with such extreme disrespect as CDT Rapone did on the night of 17 November.
Staff at westpoint can't do anything about cadets because if they complain about cadets they're verbally degraded at the hearings.

Honestly a TL;DR doesn't do it justice, I suggest reading it if you can find the time.
At the least read the sworn statement, which is pretty small on that image so here's a link.

This is also an extremely big deal because WP almost never sends out mass emails to all graduated members, which is what the top left of the image is (as was the one before this when he got discovered where they said they were going to start an investigation into him).
Can you give a summary of why this matters?

Because I do not see a reason why I should give a flying fuck. I just don't.

"The U.S Military doesn't like communists" and "The U.S Military isn't very nice to people they don't like" just doesn't seem like something I should be surprised by.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #346219

tl;dr

Someone who is so utterly against what america stands for

Joins the military

And goes to one of our best military academies(Edit: Former best, if the column is to be believed it's tragically wilted and useless)

And those in charge

did nothing
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #346223

disrespecting the uniform

calling for violent revolution against the US government (last line)

implying he's currently employing tactics designed for revolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_ ... stitutions

This.

Publicly insulted the vice president of the united states
http://archive.is/BYaWF

Publicly insulted the secretary of defense of the united states
http://archive.is/i7jSK

Here's a list of UCMJ violations he's done so far, I'm probably missing a few:
Violated Article 88 (Contempt towards Officials) of the UCMJ since he decided to insult both James Mattis and President Trump publicly.

Violated Article 92 (willful violation of a military regulation) with his bastardized uniform you see in the picture.

Violated Article 94 (sedition / mutiny) with his posts about infiltrating the organizations of the military.

Violated Article 107 (false statements) and article 131 (perjury) with his lie during commission that he wasn't personally opposed to or a member of a group opposed to the lawful US government (he considers himself a member of antifa / wants communism to replace the current US system)

Violated Article 133 (conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman) which is pretty self explanatory.
That last one is basically the equivalent of rule 0 btw.

I made this list of UCMJ violations before reading the sworn statement, there's quite a few more that the complaint mentions, like blatantly disrespecting a superior officer.

Here's the rank structure in the US Army:
President
VP
Secretary of Defense

Chiefs of Staff of the branches
General
Lieutenant General
Major General
Brigadier General
Colonel
LtCol <- Heffington was here
Major
Captain
1Lt
2Lt

Enlisted Personnel

Dog shit

Cadets <- Rapone was here

The thing that REALLY matters here is how bad West Point has gotten that he was allowed to remain there even while staff were fully aware of his posts online.
you are mom is gay
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #346228

lntigracy wrote: <snip>
The thing that REALLY matters here is how bad West Point has gotten that he was allowed to remain there even while staff were fully aware of his posts online.
This fills me with delight.
starmute

Post by starmute » #346244

I doubt intigracy has even seen west point...

As figures of public trust, members of the military must exhibit exemplary conduct and are prohibited from engaging in certain expressions of political speech in uniform

That being said he was a Ranger at one point and deployed to Afghanistan as a enlisted. He then was removed for standards (basically if you don't meet the standards of being a Ranger as far as fitness goes) 4 years later. He then got a public appointment to west point.

While its fair to say that he expressed political speech, this isn't the first time or the last time that people will support candidates or political officers. My dad was stationed in Korea and some tank crewman wore a nazi ring on his finger. Needless to say one day a tank hatch "accidentally" fell on his hand.

Also cadets outrank NCOs and enlisted.

As far as what has happened at west point Rasheed Hosein is on administrative leave.

PS they usually promote you if you go into the reserves. My dad finished his army career as a major. He ended up being a Col in the Reserves when he retired.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #346306

I have a buddy who went to west point before voluntarily dropping out to go to regular college ROTC because of how shitty the campus has become.
I know a different guy who went all the way through west point and had the same things to say about it not at all being what he expected of a prestigious military academy.

I doubt starmute has even seen how soldiers act at work...

As subordinates, soldiers in the military must exhibit respect when speaking to a superior, whether it be an NCO or an Officer.

That being said this Ranger Boy was incredibly disrespectful to a LtCol. He then was not removed from the campus even though he had blatantly broken the honor code cadets are supposed to live by. He then was commissioned into the active army and put in charge of soldiers while being entirely unfit to lead.

While it's fair to say political speech is acceptable in private conversation, seeing as the articles of the ucmj mention private conversation explicitly as normally being allowed, what he did wasn't private and is an embarrassment to the armed service in how public and blatant it was in support of overthrow of the current government. It's also not political speech when you're blatantly insulting your superiors.

Also (west point) cadets outrank NCOS and enlisted for the purpose of chain of command in the case of replacing someone absent, but in actual execution (west point) cadets who try taking over a group of soldiers without prior authorization will in large part be ignored. The only time this will ever even matter is if they're assigned to a unit for training. ROTC cadets are completely unmentioned in the regs and will only be at a unit if they're in the reserves already, in which case they'll be treated like an LT DURING DRILL since they're always with an LT anyway.

As far as what happened at west point LTC Heffington was berated at an honor code hearing of a student he reported for breaking the honor code, and his sworn statement about Rapone was completely ignored.

PS LTC Heffington was a LTC in active duty before retiring, he was a LTC at the time of the sworn statement if you'd even bothered to read it.
you are mom is gay