Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by DemonFiren » #349724

Bottom post of the previous page:

cedarbridge wrote:
1g88a wrote:..
Yeah basically. We have the news media running in circles screaming about russians under every leaf like a fucking Art Bell guest hour but its legit because they're paid to talk about it.
lol
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #349736

The real joke is that everyone's in such a panic about Russia trying to recreate the Soviet Union with markedly little success they failed to notice Germany take over Europe again
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #349737

/pol/ was fun during and immediately after the election but now it's back to being uninteresting
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #349738

Ikarrus wrote:/pol/ was fun during and immediately after the election but now it's back to being uninteresting
>Not finding the first few seasons of He Will Not Divide Us interesting

Bad taste detected
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #349745

The EU will collapse, the only question is how long will it take and how violent will it be
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #349752

ShadowDimentio wrote:The real joke is that everyone's in such a panic about Russia trying to recreate the Soviet Union with markedly little success they failed to notice Germany take over Europe again
You're missing the point, but not by much.

It all goes back to WWII. Russia had 30 million dead in that war. 30 MILLION. That was the moment when every Russian promised to themselves and to the future generations to never, EVER let Germany become powerful again. And they meant it. Germany was broke, split in half and kicked into the ground. The threat seemed to be over.

Fast forward to the nineties. Russia had lost the cold war, because communism is cancer and never works. They fell into the hands of drunkards and con men. USA took charge of Europe and started to pour money into it, especially Germany, turning it into a powerhouse and propping it up as the new leader of the EU.

Enter Putin. He looks at the situation and remembers the promise. He remembers that his brother died in the siege of Leningrad, and his other family members who suffered at the hand of the Germans. He has no fear, except for the one single fear he shares with all his countrymen: Germany. So he gets to work.

First, Germany must be isolated from his powerful allies. The rest of the EU must be manipulated into hating Germany. The economic crisis works wonders for that. He bites a chunk off Ukraine to sow fear among his enemies, and make them scramble. The UK must be taken out of the picture. Cue Brexit. The USA must be set against the EU. Cue Trump. France is a setback. If he can't get EU countries to split from the EU, they must be broken up from the inside. Cue Catalunya. Next one is Italy, but you'll have to wait until February for that.

There's much work still to do. But the end goal is clear. Germany must never, EVER become powerful again.

The Russians don't forget.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #349756

Make Germany Ruins Again
-Putin 20XX
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #349801

I swear Putin is teetering on being a jewish plant. Anyways, riots in the US seem to have came down, so thats post poning the inevitable. The wall (tm) seems to be coming along nicely as its ongoing construction standing testament to the statement "Dont listen to liberals"
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #349895

When you can't go through with it and you an't go over it and you can't get around, you know that you've found - The Wall
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #349915

How can they? It's not like they're paying for it.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #349970

in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #350033

Shit's all pretty fucked

Welcome to earth
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #350107

intigracy again being captain obvious
and the reason why i don't do social networks

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #350129

I thought the reason you didn't use social networking was because no one wants to socialize with you
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #350136

big data is the only credible threat to democracy in this day and age

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #350204

DemonFiren wrote:big data is the only credible threat to democracy in this day and age
Big data is merely the latest manifestation of the age-old threat to democracy- the unequal power relationships that corrode the idea of equal representation.

Consider: if there existed no class of empowered individuals, with their own interests distinct from those of people in general, would we be concerned about the accumulation of data?

Of course not, because the existence and analysis of the data itself is not what is troubling- it is the idea that a certain class of people have exclusive access to this data, and both the means and motive to use it in their own interests against the interests of others.

One can, after all, imagine a highly transparent yet egalitarian society (a la Eclipse Phase) in which the availability of massive amounts of data about individuals is merely culturally odd to us, rather than actively troubling as is the case with big data.

Speaking more in the philosophical abstract- the notion of democracy and the notion of unequal power relationships are fundamentally opposed.

The core notion of democracy is that every person should have an equal say in government.

But an unequal power relationship, by definition, includes the ability to influence or direct how others will act- and there is no compelling reason or way to avoid this being applies to government.

It follows then that anything that gives one person power over another- whether economic, racial, informational, cultural, or forcible- ought to be avoided, or at least minimized to the greatest extent that is possible in practice, if we are committed to the notion that every person ruled over by a government ought have an equal say in that government.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
XSI

Post by XSI » #350355

Sounds about right
It's not the data you should be concerned about, thats out there anyway.
It's how it's going to be used against you to get things done that you don't want.

Not even talking big conspiracies, just simple stuff too. Like getting you the right personalized ads to manipulate you into buying things you don't want. Or cherrypicking social media posts(If you use that junk) to make you look bad.
Things like that are a problem too
XSI

Post by XSI » #350423

>Communists purge officers again

They really should work out the renewables though
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #350513

XSI wrote:>Communists purge officers again

They really should work out the renewables though
Isn't the PLA notoriously corrupt (haha, but which military isn't!)? Xi already made a big show of political corruption cleanups so this'll probably be more of that.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
XSI

Post by XSI » #350527

I'm not saying it's not a reasonable thing to do
Just saying it's not the first time communists purged their officer corps
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #350529

Well, Stalin set the trend

And by purge.... do they mean firings or firing squads?
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #351079

[youtube]FvnWkeS6NOE[/youtube]
you are mom is gay
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #351129

Headlines: Far-Right internet message board 4 Chan coordinates and executes drone strike on France
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #351256

Give Cali as petence for N.Korea
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #351271

There won't be any tanks, Rajoy will disband the regional parliament and new elections will be held.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #351278

CosmicScientist wrote:
  • 70 for (one was thought to be spoiled, I imagine literacy isn't necessary for becoming a politician but it does help!)
  • 10 against
  • 2 blank
Could someone confirm if their parliament has 135 members like wikipedia says. Because that means... a lot of members stayed home (82/135 = 53 missing), and the vote wasn't decisive.
70/135 is still over 50%
you are mom is gay
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #351356

CosmicScientist wrote:CATALONIA VOTES FOR INDEPENDENCE!

Their parliament voted on independence just a few minutes ago.
  • 70 for (one was thought to be spoiled, I imagine literacy isn't necessary for becoming a politician but it does help!)
  • 10 against
  • 2 blank
Could someone confirm if their parliament has 135 members like wikipedia says. Because that means... a lot of members stayed home (82/135 = 53 missing), and the vote wasn't decisive.

Who wants to find out when the tanks will roll in?!
Yeah well, flick to Parliament TV once in a while and count the number of empty seats (or count the amount of full ones, probably easier)
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #352091

In other news, Rajoy has disbanded the catalunyan parliament, unionist (anti-secession) parties are expected to win the new elections, and Puidgemont has fled to Belgium to avoid arrest. Seems like the whole fuss is over and honest-working citizens can go back to their lives.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #352179

[youtube]MrkoHZKMnvM[/youtube]
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #352348

>manafort indicted
>papadopoulos pleads guilty
>near silence from the usual subjects of this thread

:thinking:
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #352349

because it isn't newsworthy
it's obvious and everybody knew it

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #352351

manafort maybe but no one saw the papadopoulos shit coming

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #352352

i don't know about that

anyway
i predict a surge of "but that doesn't prove trump did anything wrong"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #352354

https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

keep in mind these aren't just charges, dude pleaded guilty

highlight: he did some of this OVER FACEBOOK

admin feedback pls
XSI

Post by XSI » #352381

So basically
Old people mis-using tech and getting in hot water?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #352382

XSI wrote:So basically
Reminds me of someone hmmm
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #352406

Kevin Spacey tried to bum a 14 year old boy who grew up to be a theatre star years later; blames it on his degenerate homosexuality.
bandit

Post by bandit » #352433

XSI wrote:So basically
nah dude's like in his late 20s/early 30s

admin feedback pls
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #352479

CosmicScientist wrote:Trump stuff is kind of as boring as brexit. Each week him, his family, his current associates or his past associates have ties with Russia, rigged the election, used their government positions to profit privately, engaged in nepotism or has a nuke 'em opinion about X country or organisation.
Would you rather talk about cocaine-fueled orgies with hookers and cheap whiskey held inside a ballistic missile submarine?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #352480

that sounds way more entertaining tbh

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #352481

Grazyn wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:Trump stuff is kind of as boring as brexit. Each week him, his family, his current associates or his past associates have ties with Russia, rigged the election, used their government positions to profit privately, engaged in nepotism or has a nuke 'em opinion about X country or organisation.
Would you rather talk about cocaine-fueled orgies with hookers and cheap whiskey held inside a ballistic missile submarine?
sounds like your average round on barotrauma
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #352497

It's even funnier when you realize that British Trident missile commanders are able to launch their missiles without authorization (they don't have "nuclear codes" or anything like that). Everyone is worried about Kim or Trump ending the world but it turns out that doomsday could've easily been triggered by a drunk british commander fellated by the XO in a drug-induced stupor.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #352619

Grazyn wrote:It's even funnier when you realize that British Trident missile commanders are able to launch their missiles without authorization (they don't have "nuclear codes" or anything like that). Everyone is worried about Kim or Trump ending the world but it turns out that doomsday could've easily been triggered by a drunk british commander fellated by the XO in a drug-induced stupor.
During the cold war the launch code was 00000000

Ruskies have a two part key system, that's not two keys that turn in separate consoles, but one key that is in two halves
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #352654

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #352658

Jogs the nog
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #352659

It appears that at least 33% of people in the two big parties are too stupid to be allowed to vote.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #352662

cedarbridge wrote:It appears that at least 33% of people in the two big parties are too stupid to be allowed to vote.
Better find a way to phrase that more respectfully or your speech rights are gonna get suspended

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #352664

Build that wall and send them back.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #352674

can i get a link to the detailed survey results

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #352683

It's amusing that the most disrespectful people support banning free speech for those who are disrespectful

Of course, the idea is that it only applies to people disrespectful against them. And not to them being disrespectful to anyone else
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #352691

XSI wrote:It's amusing that the most disrespectful people support banning free speech for those who are disrespectful

Of course, the idea is that it only applies to people disrespectful against them. And not to them being disrespectful to anyone else
This is hatespeech. We're going to have to confiscate your Internet browser.