Poll: Modsuit armor (just trying to gather general consensuses

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

How much armor should modsuits have?

No mod suits should have armor
9%
All mod suits available to the crew should have no armor. Only antagonist-specific modsuits (nuke op, space ninja, wizard) should have significant armor.
9%
All mod suits should have a small amount of armor by default Only antagonist-specific modsuits (nuke op, space ninja, wizard) should have significant armor.
19%
Antagonist, security, and captain mod suits should have significant armor all other civilians should have no armor, with the modsuit armor for the crew being less than alternatives (see captains carapace, helmet)
28%
All modsuits should have an equal but significant amount of armor
No votes
Antagonist, security, and captain mod suits should have significant armor that trumps other alternatives, all other civilian modsuits should have a lesser amount.
32%
Modsuits should be the most effective option for armor for everybody.
4%

Total votes: 47

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Poll: Modsuit armor (just trying to gather general consensuses

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #625922

Don't hate me because I'm opposing a design document, I'm just trying to collect data.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Re: Poll: Modsuit armor (just trying to gather general consensuses

Post by bastardblaster » #625925

armour is a crutch for bad players

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #625927

You can't try to stop powergame but then leave it as the only viable option to avoid being horizontal.

Give the modsuits armor so I don't have to concuct an emergency healing pill in my teeth
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #625933

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 am You can't try to stop powergame but then leave it as the only viable option to avoid being horizontal.

Give the modsuits armor so I don't have to concuct an emergency healing pill in my teeth
I, too, suspect that giving a small but reasonable amount of armor to the modsuits will prevent people who need to use them for one reason or another from feeling obligated to go hard on alternative forms of powergame to not get instantly wrecked for daring to use them (overwhelming arsenal of gun and baton to avoid needing the armor; the many "interesting" solutions to getting medicine into a body through the modsuit; etc.)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #626361

Conclusions:
It is totally agreed upon (100%) that modsuits should not have an equal but significant amount of armor
It is the large majority opinion (81.25%) that antagonist modsuits should have the most armor on their modsuit greater than that of the crew
It is the large majority opinion (81.25%) that all modsuits available to the crew should have some amount of armor
It is the majority opinion (61.53%) that security and captain modsuits should have more armor than crew modsuits
It is largely opposed (6.25%) that modsuits should be the most affected armor for everyone
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #626413

this data does nothing for you
oranges specifically blocked armor on modsuits and isn't budging
if you want armored modsuits, we have a downstream for that:tm: called skyrat because they didn't have a headcoder blocking it
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #626415

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:15 pm this data does nothing for you
if you want armored modsuits, we have a downstream for that:tm: called skyrat because they didn't have a headcoder blocking it
Yes, let me put on my armored suit, to protect me from ERP
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #626422

Adam Klein wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:30 pm
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:15 pm this data does nothing for you
Yes, let me put on my armored suit, to protect me from ERP
these plasteel plates let me keep what i want to keep safe, safe

that being my virginity
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #626432

Don't worry, I plan on outliving oranges by at least half a year
newZ.PNG
Lifeex.PNG
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #626448

that's what everyone says
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Post by Aeri » #626477

My specific option is, I believe, not covered by the poll. Here it is:

- Combat-facing personnel such as the captain, and sec team's modsuits should have it by default. Security got absolutely FUCKED by modsuits if you ask me, especially because you can't deploy the smegma biting things over an armor vest or anything >:((((( like, just let the fucking things deploy over vests and hats jesus christ. Like what the fuck is the point of the security modsuits? It offers all downsides no upsides.

- There should be some kind of armor module maybe? Like Halo's shields, that you could apply after-market, withstands a bit of damage (up to the game balance people) and then it goes BEEP BEEP BEEP and it needs time to reactivate, and consumes some of your suit's charge (sec's suits would have a little bit of armor and come with it by default, it would be a toggle-able module)

- Modsuits should have at least the protection that their old hardsuit alternatives provided innately, IE the engie suit having radiation protection and sheit, that shouldn't need to be a module. It's not like these things are paralell to hardsuits, they're _it_. if you, as sec, need to fight pirates or something, You might as well dress up in armor made out of tissue paper to fight them.

as the Head of Security, I literally made a civilian modsuit because hey guess what there is literally no reason to use the one made for me
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #626539

Why do security modsuits exist, couldn't they just use SWAT suits?
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #626897

just watched a captain in his modsuit get disarmed with a hellfire out, then crit with it in 4 hits.

fourth-option is a no-brainer, I think. that said modsuits shouldnt be equivalent to the strength of their hardsuit counterparts, because the slowdown removal would make them essentially worn 24/7.

what I think would be a good idea is if they sported armor modes which make them move as slow as hardsuits when the armor is activated. the activation could take maybe 5-10 seconds of standing still to prevent people gamering the toggle.

either that or just make hos/cap modsuits have half/a third the armor as their armor counterparts, and sec modsuits either none or more minimal. If sec modsuits get any armor they should be restricted to sec only, unique and unprintable.
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #626913

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:32 am just watched a captain in his modsuit get disarmed with a hellfire out, then crit with it in 4 hits.

fourth-option is a no-brainer, I think. that said modsuits shouldnt be equivalent to the strength of their hardsuit counterparts, because the slowdown removal would make them essentially worn 24/7.

what I think would be a good idea is if they sported armor modes which make them move as slow as hardsuits when the armor is activated. the activation could take maybe 5-10 seconds of standing still to prevent people gamering the toggle.

either that or just make hos/cap modsuits have half/a third the armor as their armor counterparts, and sec modsuits either none or more minimal. If sec modsuits get any armor they should be restricted to sec only, unique and unprintable.
Give 'em the full strength armour because the slowdown only doesn't apply when it's retracted. Which would, y'know. Mean you're not getting any armour.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #627538

They should just have armour modules that give them armour equivalent to the hardsuits they replaced.