Hated/Loved features thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Hated/Loved features thread

Post by The Wrench » #627591

List out a game feature you love and one you love and one you don’t.

I love the fact I can implant a clown with xeno organs and have clown xenos.

I despise how food is fundamentally pointless because of sugar pills and minor slowdown.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Hated/Loved features thread

Post by Pandarsenic » #627595

Virology is fun

Ultra hardcore reinforced windows are shit
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #627602

I really like the variety of foods available. Makes playing chef really fun compared to other servers with more elaborate cooking but fewer dishes you can make.

I really don't like toxins. I want to learn how to do it but all the guides say "change the starting setup --> make tritium maxcap lel". Like bruh- if the starting setup is so useless that nobody will tell you how to use it, just make the meta setup the default so I can actually do experiment and have fun.
► Show Spoiler
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #627603

I love toxins and the big explosions from it's bombs

I hate that I need a PhD and to have studied the code for 5 years to make one of them myself.

With banging regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #627613

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:04 pm Virology is fun
in which fucking timeline are you
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #627615

oranges wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:00 pm
Come on mister orange, there must be a feature that you like!
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #627616

The timeline where virology allows for delightfully devilish plague-spreading.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #627617

I love being able to turn into an ash drake, and lava leap. It is very cool and empowering.

Edit: I'd still get the same level of enjoyment out of it, If there was some sort of reverse Mi-Go which did the moves without any sort of damage or usefulness. It's fun!

Also Cult Blood Beam is an underrated technique.
► Show Spoiler
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #627649

I love chemistry. It's so addicting and the new system has a ton of depth.

I hate new botany. Mostly because I really, really want to be good at it and I am just completely shit.
I was great at old botany.
Now it's just somebody that I used to know.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #627654

:(

I get to be totally alone for the first 10 minutes of tide and shit + it's like gambling, but the prize is I help all the other players (and in all but the worst cases of RNG I'm guaranteed to win before I run out of plasma.)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #627679

I like medbay triage and on a more specific note I like that the friendly quirk puts hearts above people you hug at high mood. I always make sure my mood is maxed out just for that. Photographer quirk is also cute

I have never enjoyed a round of war ops
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #627683

Adam Klein wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:31 pm
Come on mister orange, there must be a feature that you like!
he likes the firelocks being annoying pieces of shit
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #627689

Coldmos making the hallways unusable is horrible.

I hate warops but they did make this meme exist
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #627703

Love: Being able to make your own mini station.

Hate: Sometimes when rounds get stale and you want to do something either it could be self antagging, or going against your job
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #627709

WineAllWine wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:11 pm Coldmos making the hallways unusable is horrible.

Say a feature you like too please
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #627719

Mothblocks wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:35 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:11 pm Coldmos making the hallways unusable is horrible.

Say a feature you like too please
You're right, terribly rude of me. Emagging a borg is the best joy this game can provide
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #627729

Love the large amount of drinks that we've got. Very pretty sprites, and I appreciate EOB's work on adding all these drinks that tie into various species and parts of lore. VERY excited for the cybersun/asian drinks that might(?) be coming soon. Bartender was the first job I really mained, alongside virology, and having new drinks every so often (that actually look great too) is a big benefit.

Can't say I truly "hate" any feature, but if I had to pick one that I would really just never interact with it's probably xenobio or cytology. Both are dreadfully boring for little interesting benefit - xenobio's great for people who wanna become powergamed gods, and cytology just pumps out annoying clowns.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #627739

i like that moisture traps come with a frog sometimes (maybe even a rare purple one) and i hate (HATE) metal foam grenades
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #627779

Love (or at least appreciate) the ability to crack someone head open on a table with a neck grab

Hate the shadow of its former self that is holding people at gunpoint (and even its former self needed some work).
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628153

Feature I dislike: Xenobio gold slimes/sentience potions. These feel very gamey and are far too easy to get ahold of. Being able to see these unique monsters all the time takes away the excitement of seeing them rarely. Plus you'd imagine that xenobio in an ideal world would study them and have to take care of them. Sentience potions also are a bit silly.

Feature I love: SWAT Medical. Newmed is a joy to work with and features a lot of depth + complexity, but also full of player agency for how to treat things, unique wound combinations, and many other endcaps to it. Virology as well I am quite fond of, as another element of medical to handle, with its transmission mechanics and everything.

(Secret answer for feature I love: admin panel + VV. No other game except for tabletops have nearly this much control for gamemasters. With some creativity and skill, admins can on the fly create a whole new entirely different unique experience for players, which is amazing.)

(Bonus secret answer for feature I love: the entire game is an amalgamation of other games, concepts, themes, genres, references, and everything else. Cargo is Sokoban + Loot Couriers. Security are mall cops but also space mercenaries. Blob is an RTS. Xenos are xenos. Deathsquads are from HL1 but also space marines. Wizard is magic in space. Lamarr, singularity, zombies. You get the idea, there's a million things you could say, these were just the first I could mention.)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #628242

loved: circuits, fun to mess around and make stuff work together. them being touted as a nanite replacement was silly at best but they're nice.
hated: toilet scanning does not spark joy, and some other experiments (e.g. "scan X machine with this specific part") are tedious drudgery. fortunately you dont HAVE to do them in a long enough round. ive also never gotten the fruit scanning thing to work but its been a while since last i tried
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel