Reverse Asimov for traitors peanut thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Reverse Asimov for traitors peanut thread

Post by The Wrench » #635623

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31381
>>Traitor does traitor shit on Manuel
>>In maints out of the way to do valid shit
>>Assistant finds you in maints doing valid shit
>>Not allowed to protect yourself
The absolute state of Manuel
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Re: Reverse Asimov for traitors peanut thread

Post by Boot » #635628

Can a Manuelmin explain what the proper protocol is for a traitor being caught dead to rights by someone in maint?
Image Image
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #635633

1) The AI ratting out a human traitor seems exceptionally S U S to me unless it took precautions to get at least a verbal guarantee of the traitorous human's safety.

2) A wanted dude who previously subverted the AI and fought command staff got caught with an AI Upload just having subverted the AI again, how tf is that not actively threatening his safety
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #635643

Another trialmin strikes again, but don't worry guys, it's only natural they'll do some mistakes along the way. Let's hope the team is able to iron this one out, and we'll call it an one-time oopsie.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #635651

BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:29 pm Another trialmin strikes again, but don't worry guys, it's only natural they'll do some mistakes along the way. Let's hope the team is able to iron this one out, and we'll call it an one-time oopsie.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
Optimistic indeed, but it is a bad sign that some of the admins we are onboarding have the notion that this is how the game is intended to be played.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #635709

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:17 pm 1) The AI ratting out a human traitor seems exceptionally S U S to me unless it took precautions to get at least a verbal guarantee of the traitorous human's safety.

2) A wanted dude who previously subverted the AI and fought command staff got caught with an AI Upload just having subverted the AI again, how tf is that not actively threatening his safety
The AI was told it would be a non-lethal arrest, and informed me over binary that it had told security about me.
And yes, i used that exact argument when Flaming bwoinked me. It didn't really seem to sink in.