Free golems getting shadow realmed code peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Free golems getting shadow realmed code peanut

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636484

lavalands lame. stay there ghost roles and make it interesting or something

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/65991
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Free golems getting shadow realmed code peanut

Post by datorangebottle » #636489

Not sure there's much to discuss here, other than losing out on possible 'diplomatic meeting' RP and axing a lot of grief. I don't see what's so hard about just not leaving the lava planet, but it's apparently a struggle for a lot of players. Sort of how "literally do not interact with the antagonist shit going on around you" was impossible for drone players.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #636511

we should have nuked golems from orbit

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #636517

Why people actually would want to go to the station as a free golem is beyond me.

It's way more fun to build a trading post outside the mining base and get killed by dickhead miners trade minerals with spacemen.
► Show Spoiler
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #636519

i wonder if golems being properly locked out of the station means they might get buffs/more things to play with in the future
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #636521

would be cool. that's one of the hopes behind the lavaland mech changes for instance--if we're sure things don't get on station, then we can do some wicked cool stuff
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #636524

we could have alot of cool stuff, but lavaland loot transfers to the station...
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636532

when the golem eats ash drake bone ore and is now breathing fire??
► Show Spoiler
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #636569

Mothblocks wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:06 am would be cool. that's one of the hopes behind the lavaland mech changes for instance--if we're sure things don't get on station, then we can do some wicked cool stuff
My only concern is with the station deciding to invade/kill the golems and the golems being completely unable to retaliate. I really wish we had proper conflict between entire factions in ss13.

EDIT: I know that this never happens in practice, but i have this vision of strike squads being equipped and sent down to lavaland while security tries to prevent runite golem saboteurs from destroying vital infrastructure or stealing teleportation technology with which to perform hit and run raids on departments.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #636685

remove hazardous area
if you are going to bar golem from consoles, they still can get invited and trade, but can't invade station, and the slowdown is cripplling
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #636694

Weird Idea: Give Free Golems a "Freedom Meter"

Spending time on the station of would-be golem enslavers takes a toll on the free golem's innermost desire for liberty. The longer they spend on the station, the more their freedom meter drains. When the freedom meter drains to zero, they revert into a regular, inert golem shell. Returning to lavaland/icemoon will slowly replenish the freedom meter.

Why would this be a super solution?
1. It prevents free golems from being used as an "extra life" for stationside shenanigans.
2. Allows brief visits to the station for trade, roleplay, very brief revenge raids, etc.
3. More natural and lore-friendly than just making free golems too dumb to use technology.
4. Serves as a persistent UI element reminding players that they are not meant to remain on the station.
5. Can easily be tweaked. Golems still spending too much time on station? Just increase the rate of freedom meter drain. Want golems to have time to chat with the QM and order from cargo? Decrease the rate of freedom meter drain. Easy peasy!
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636714

Farquaar wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:31 am Weird Idea: Give Free Golems a "Freedom Meter"

Spending time on the station of would-be golem enslavers takes a toll on the free golem's innermost desire for liberty. The longer they spend on the station, the more their freedom meter drains. When the freedom meter drains to zero, they revert into a regular, inert golem shell. Returning to lavaland/icemoon will slowly replenish the freedom meter.

Why would this be a super solution?
1. It prevents free golems from being used as an "extra life" for stationside shenanigans.
2. Allows brief visits to the station for trade, roleplay, very brief revenge raids, etc.
3. More natural and lore-friendly than just making free golems too dumb to use technology.
4. Serves as a persistent UI element reminding players that they are not meant to remain on the station.
5. Can easily be tweaked. Golems still spending too much time on station? Just increase the rate of freedom meter drain. Want golems to have time to chat with the QM and order from cargo? Decrease the rate of freedom meter drain. Easy peasy!
This idea isn't weird, it's fucking amazing
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #636786

Golems are inherently limiting and stick out like a sore thumb. They shouldn't be prevented from going pn the station, the station should just be empowered to punish them for it if they want to. If the players can be lead into mindlessly lynching talking mimes to the point they'd rather let somebody murder them than break their vow of silence calling for help they can be lead into mindlessly lynching free golems on the station. They would just have to have different names to xenobio golems.