I love radiation storms (unironically)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

I love radiation storms (unironically)

Post by massa » #637514

we all get to hang out in maintenance and it's honestly really good flavor for the round. Everyone being in maint always leads to funny.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: I love radiation storms (unironically)

Post by wesoda25 » #637516

Im also a big fan
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #637517

I like events that cause disruptions, cause people to change location, and give an opening for antagonists to stealthily get their work done.
You need to steal the medal of captainship (if that's even an objective with prog tot idk), and a radstorm happens. You decide you can weather the storm and take mutadone afterwards, so you rush in and steal the medal box while the captain is cowering in his office-adjacent maint none the wiser. Unless he hears you crack the windoor that blocks the table with the medals on it.
You need to kill Runtime, and a radiation storm happens. Emergency maint is set, so you can just walk in through unlocked the maint backdoor and whack that kitty while the CMO (Who was in treatment at the time) is hiding in port maintenance.
And the openings for security with this. You look for fingerprints and nothing comes up, but you ask medical who came in to get mutadone and you've got a list of possible perps.
I wish we had more events that made this sort of thing possible.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637519

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:35 pm I wish we had more events that made this sort of thing possible.
Basically just "lights all explode" and "powernet resetting" events, I think 🤔 Half points to the Grey Tide Virus, since it rarely hits anything important or urgent to handle.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #637521

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:58 pm
Jackraxxus wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:35 pm I wish we had more events that made this sort of thing possible.
Basically just "lights all explode" and "powernet resetting" events, I think 🤔 Half points to the Grey Tide Virus, since it rarely hits anything important or urgent to handle.
I feel like the three bluespace anomalies count too. Portals that are the worlds riskiest all access, syndicate simplemobs, and an entire departments unanchored objects ending up somewhere else.

New Concepts:
Department Atmospherics Malfunction: A department loses all it's air and has to refill from the vents.
EMP: Exactly what it sounds like, just a big EMP localized in an area. Probably not that different from broken lights honestly.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #637522

I'd like to see an event that causes all players to swap places with another randomly selected players.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #637524

I agree with the OP
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #637539

I don't like radiation storms, but that's mostly holdover from me not liking ash storms, which are far more pointless.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #637547

New antag idea: hullworms.
Big robot worms that chew through walls and windows and respond to attacks by hitting the bricks. They take damage from space, but not very quickly, mostly to stop them from spacing the station, and have no means of fighting back. Instead, they secrete a sticky gel that slows pursuers, and can phase through walls for short periods of time.
Security mains need some cardio. Time to begin the age of wormhunts
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637557

yeah we need to lock everybody in a room together more
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #637558

I read dune recently so im in favor of some sort of implementation of worm creatures to the game
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #637564

chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:11 pm I'd like to see an event that causes all players to swap places with another randomly selected players.
Pretty sure that's a wizard event
Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

Post by Yulice » #637565

That is a wizard event, but it isn't place swapping, it's BRAIN swapping.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #637567

I rolled midround blob the other day + Sentient blobspores types so when the radiation storm event happened it was really good pickings for me raiding the armory
► Show Spoiler
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #637577

RaveRadbury wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:51 am
chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:11 pm I'd like to see an event that causes all players to swap places with another randomly selected players.
As Yulice said that is a wizard event but it is mind swapping.

I want to see a less disruptive event but one that is more common outside Wizard rounds.

Like anomalies.
massa

Post by massa » #637578

why did summon guns and summon magic get removed

they were truly fun
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #637583

Ok you’ve lost me
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637585

massa wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:56 am

they were truly fun
Answered your question in the same breath you asked

Jokes aside, Summon Guns, Summon Magic, and Summon Events were the funniest wizard types by far, even if they were admittedly a little... low-effort by the Wizard.

Giving up your Wizard Antag round to make everyone else's round awesome is like the height of civil service.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
massa

Post by massa » #637586

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:30 am

they were truly fun
Answered your question in the same breath you asked

Jokes aside, Summon Guns, Summon Magic, and Summon Events were the funniest wizard types by far, even if they were admittedly a little... low-effort by the Wizard.

Giving up your Wizard Antag round to make everyone else's round awesome is like the height of civil service.
They're low effort but they're fun. They're ALSO self sacrificing for the benefit of the many. A summon guns/magic wizard is the truth and the champion. The people's champion.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #637604

they were truly fun
The big reason was that they continue to disrupt the round after the wizard is dead.

If wizard events reversed after the wizard died (as his magic was keeping it all going) we'd likely see them available in dynamic.
massa

Post by massa » #637610

RaveRadbury wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:07 pm

they were truly fun
The big reason was that they continue to disrupt the round after the wizard is dead.

If wizard events reversed after the wizard died (as his magic was keeping it all going) we'd likely see them available in dynamic.
No way, they're fun for the whole crew. That's what makes them awesome, is that there are new antags. Summon guns+magic rounds are not meant to be anything but a rare self sacrifice from a fun loving and generous wizard.