Objectively Bad Takes thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Objectively Bad Takes thread

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #643256

Bottom post of the previous page:

this thread is for your bad takes, not your hot takes.
If I see even one good take I'm closing the thread.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Re: Objectively Bad Takes thread

Post by chocolate_bickie » #643525

Lathe tax should apply regardless of whether it is your department or not.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #643542

Nanites were good
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #643543

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:59 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:58 am
Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:14 pm clock cult was a bad game mode
good take
this take belongs in this thread
It's hard to say "I hate clockcult" when it went through 20 generations like it's a bit hard to say that without clarifying the cult copy version or the tower defense version
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #643575

Atmos is not really necessary to the game
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #643577

Armhulen wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:31 pm
Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:59 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:58 am
Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:14 pm clock cult was a bad game mode
good take
this take belongs in this thread
It's hard to say "I hate clockcult" when it went through 20 generations like it's a bit hard to say that without clarifying the cult copy version or the tower defense version
I disliked the gameplay of the tower defense one. It felt like I had to learn a whole new game to play the mode especially as a cultist but even as a crewmember. Constant changes meant that you couldn't learn it once either, you had to keep up with the current meta. I didn't necessarily hate the clock cult clone but it did feel unnecessary when we had a better version, blood cult, which is a worse version of revolution. It was also still overcomplicated, but not to the point of it being like learning a whole new game. I'm sure it was frustrating for the developers to hear the criticism "it's too similar to blood cult" and then "it's too different", but like its kinda true? Just an unneeded mode, the lore behind it was cool if you like that kind of thing and it did introduce the clock cult UI which I love and still use to this day.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #643751

BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:03 pm
Armhulen wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:31 pm snip
I disliked the gameplay of the tower defense one. It felt like I had to learn a whole new game to play the mode especially as a cultist but even as a crewmember. Constant changes meant that you couldn't learn it once either, you had to keep up with the current meta. I didn't necessarily hate the clock cult clone but it did feel unnecessary when we had a better version, blood cult, which is a worse version of revolution. It was also still overcomplicated, but not to the point of it being like learning a whole new game. I'm sure it was frustrating for the developers to hear the criticism "it's too similar to blood cult" and then "it's too different", but like its kinda true? Just an unneeded mode, the lore behind it was cool if you like that kind of thing and it did introduce the clock cult UI which I love and still use to this day.
Don't put this down as a bad take but honestly blood cult's due for big changes too and copy cult was only bad because blood cult was bad... and how could it be any different yknow
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #644014

We should have never removed pubby and box
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #644015

And donut
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #644018

hitscan lasers
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #644041

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:36 am Virology is a good department, despite what everyone says.
Wrong, it's a good department because of what everyone says.

Ah fuck, I forgot what thread this is.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #644047

tail pulling is an interesting mechanic
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #644061

Stickymayhem wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:33 pm admins should ignore 50% of ahelps and spend that time running insane events
This is an objectively good take
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #644062

Also pubby is my favorite map
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #644065

Atmospherics doesn't know what it wants to be and has been suffering an identity crisis since the game was first made. You're insulted for not knowing everything and the players who figured it out are smug as fuck about knowing esoteric game knowledge. Merge engineering and atmospherics and then combine paramedics/atmos techs into an emergency response force job.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #644066

Domitius wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:53 am Atmospherics doesn't know what it wants to be and has been suffering an identity crisis since the game was first made. You're insulted for not knowing everything and the players who figured it out are smug as fuck about knowing esoteric game knowledge. Merge engineering and atmospherics and then combine paramedics/atmos techs into an emergency response force job.
You're in the wrong thread, this is a good take.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #644125

KiloStation is objectively the best station and should be the only one in the rotation
Alphanerdd
Byond Username: Alphanerdd

Post by Alphanerdd » #644136

Dynamic was a mistake and secret is more focused/fun
semi-regular sybil/terry/manuel background character Josh Hawkins
loathed and hated mime Translucency
professional bad take haver
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #644142

xenobiology is good

this is objectively a bad take but its also what i actually believe in
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #644145

Alphanerdd wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:07 pm Dynamic was a mistake and secret is more focused/fun
Bad takes only friend
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #644198

Domitius wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:53 am Atmospherics doesn't know what it wants to be and has been suffering an identity crisis since the game was first made. You're insulted for not knowing everything and the players who figured it out are smug as fuck about knowing esoteric game knowledge. Merge engineering and atmospherics and then combine paramedics/atmos techs into an emergency response force job.
I was actually thinking about this the other day. Give engineering the station maintenance portion of atmospherics as there's not much to do beyond basic roundstart optimization and fixing the AI's fuckups. Give toxins the science-y part of atmospherics since they already have half of it anyway. Give paramedics the atmospherics firesuits, fire axe, holo barriers, etc and turn them into emergency response like you said.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #644200

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:12 pm
Alphanerdd wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:07 pm Dynamic was a mistake and secret is more focused/fun
Bad takes only friend
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #644204

Oranges is a good headcoder
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #644272

BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:43 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:12 pm
Bad takes only friend
and he didnt close it wtf.
Living God

Extraordinary Person