he cant keep getting away with this!! peanut thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

he cant keep getting away with this!! peanut thread

Post by celularLAmp » #646756

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32105

i hate phillp thomas i want him to die and be nuggeted by plasma cutter

the captain probably didn't get banned at all lol
Last edited by celularLAmp on Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Re: he cant keep getting away with this!! peanut thread

Post by chocolate_bickie » #646888

toemas wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:08 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:25 pm Admin said you tried to stun the captain. What did you use to stun him if not a prod?
the egun he dropped after he slipped when i emptied an extinguisher, i emptied the gun at him on disable mode [like two or three shots] then just tossed it back to him
Wait, so the captain didn't just jump to lethals? He non-lethally tried to detain you?

And you prevented him from using nonlethals?

And then round removed him for using lethals?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #646890

Stunning security officers with their own weapons when they fuck up and give them away is everyone's god-given right
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #646891

chocolate_bickie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:13 pm Wait, so the captain didn't just jump to lethals? He non-lethally tried to detain you?

No, after i gave him the gun back, he came back later to keep shooting me with the same gun, at which point he succeeded, and then cuffed me, and then cut my legs off, which is what prompted the round removal
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #646892

toemas wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:17 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:13 pm Wait, so the captain didn't just jump to lethals? He non-lethally tried to detain you?

No, after i gave him the gun back, he came back later to keep shooting me with the same gun, at which point he succeeded, and then cuffed me, and then cut my legs off, which is what prompted the round removal
Now your appeal makes more sense. If the cap hacked your legs off after they cuffed you that's a violation of sec policy.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646893

chocolate_bickie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:25 pm
toemas wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:17 pm

Now your appeal makes more sense. If the cap hacked your legs off after they cuffed you that's a violation of sec policy.
This. The Captain gets security protections but he gets security rules too.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #646898

I note that there's not really any logs we can draw from the round because the logs are literally missing from melonmesa
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #646900

Archie700 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:51 pm I note that there's not really any logs we can draw from the round because the logs are literally missing from melonmesa
Make like a peanutter and form an opinion based on what Thomas and Rageguy claimed happened in the round.
Spoiler:
KniraTwo
Byond Username: Knira

Post by KniraTwo » #646901

I don't really think being slipped and shot twice with a disabler and throwing it back at them and running away is on grounds for I'm stealing your fucking legs but you do you man.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #646903

this kind of situation does really prove that escalation policy needs a revision. for starters, he didn't bring the person to medbay. he got someone else to. Although one could argue it's the same thing, I'd disagree, as I feel part of the reason it specifies to bring back your victims to medbay is as a show of good faith and taking personal responsibility for... shanking the dude. Dumping the work and effort on to someone else pretty much gets rid of any responsibility for your actions, and is a convenient loophole in the event the victim doesn't get revived due to lack of medical staff, incompetence, etc. But not only did he do that, he purposely delayed their being brought back to the round by chopping off their legs. He already had to deal with the wait to be revived and mended without that. But that's extra time out for no good reason.

Cap was in the right to shoot stuns, but so was the player for retaliating with stuns. Resorting to lethals could be argued as overescalation and the leg removal was clearly a bad faith play, but I'm more surprised that the admins don't consider this a case of the captain weaponizing the admins when something ingame, which they could've completely avoided, didn't go their way.

also in general players need to stop being overly defensive of tech storage lol. it has gear that's useful to so many people that isn't dangerous (minus the secure command only area) and honestly shouldn't have restricted access. move the traitor objectives to secure storage if you're that big of a power tripper

free philip thomas (still hate him)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #646907

Archie700 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:51 pm I note that there's not really any logs we can draw from the round because the logs are literally missing from melonmesa
literally 1984
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Post by XII3912 » #646918

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:50 pm
XII3912 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:35 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:16 am This is really a fuck around and find out on Thomas' part and it's fucking hilarious.

You greytided into somewhere that antags are gonna wanna get their hands on, acted like an antag got treated like an antag, and then Hard RR'd someone for it.

The greytide entitlement will always entertain me.
so if a assistant hacks into tech storage that makes him a antag? and you can therefore kill them for doing something as simple as breaking into tech storage? breaking into tech storage (not secure tech storage) isn't very close to a antagonistic action the most you could do is stun them then random search. but yeah i dont think its ok to say that tiding tech storage is something only antags are likely to do and is thus a antagonistic action
Greytiders have no rights.

If you choose to play the multiplayer roleplay game (remember, it's Low Roleplay not No Roleplay) as a singleplayer game, then you cannot complain when your actions have repercussions.

Perhaps consider using the Social option next time. You'll usually get good results.

actually No i don't think that justifies saying that "tiding = antagonistic" and nor would it justify using any kind of lethal force for minor trespass, you can do this in game sure but thats a stupid game with a stupid prize your prize being either bwionked (then noted or banned) or killed/maimed by the dude you were tryna kill. it also doesn't say anywhere that tiding results in a "termination of your contract" seems very made up i dont think you could somehow justify killing tiders over minor trespass because in reality its over the top.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #646930

celularLAmp wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:20 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:03 pm
From a roleplay perspective, getting caught greytiding a single time would be an instant termination of your contract. If the setting isn't dystopian, you're handed over to the authorities. If the setting IS dystopian, the Corporation just kills you. As a result, people would be a lot less inclined to do it, because there's very real repercussions to it that, at the VERY BEST, ruins their life.
So if they're going to go Ignore IC about it, then sometimes you need to Ignore IC on the punishment, to incentivize people to stop.
you are gay as fuck there's no system for firing people
(quoter's note: both the above and below are being treated as 'point 1)' )
you just get put in a little cell for 5 minutes and then you're let out to make you not do it again (but you will beacause you need the resources)

Breaking into anywhere instead of waiting for someone to come to front desk or for ai to open is annoying as fuck when you just want to do something as fast as possible (because some things in this game can take half the shift)

Oh im a secc officer I can kill anyone I want that annoys me because the setting is dystopian! no that doesn't fly lol.

Court trials are rarely seen because people just get perma'd or executed. I think court trials are fun but they take time and effort from both sides.
In order;

1) Yes, that's precisely my point. Dorsi brought up that if I believe people should be 'savaged' for the pettiest of petty crimes then I'm not on the side of roleplay. I brought up that the fact that there isn't an in-game system for that means that people completely ignore even vaguely pretending that they want to keep their job, and that if they're going to go meta about it ("it's not against the game rules, so I won't be banned, and thus I have no reason not to") then you have to give them a meta punishment for it (being taken out of the game for a while) to incentivize them to stop.

2) See, you can say that. But that just sounds like a skill issue. I remember the policy thread a while back about someone being mad that Sec was confiscating his combat mechs because 'it takes most of the shift to build one' but like. Once you've got the research, it takes like, 5 minutes tops if you know what you're doing (and I'm factoring in the Print Time). At least try to interact with people, and if that fails then sure, do whatever, but acknowledge the consequences.

3) Did I say that? No, I didn't. It was a continuation of the hypothetical of 'What would realistically happen if you greytided'. Your contract with NT is terminated, and you're also guilty of trespass and probably theft. If the setting is dystopian enough, the corpo wouldn't even bother handing you in to the authorities. Now, obviously that's not something people have to worry about because there's no continuity between rounds, but that means the only method left to combat a meta behaviour, is, itself, meta.

4) They're rarely seen because nobody wants to do them. They're cool as fuck and I enjoy them, but you rarely have the time for them because of everything else going on, and on the rare occasion when you have both the time and the interest in running them, they just wind up being griefed.

Please, take the effort to actually read what people say if you're gonna try and sass 'em.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #646956

iwishforducks wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:17 am the tragedy is that if philip had ahelped about the captain chopping off his legs then he would have probably ended with things going his way
He resolved the issue ICly, admin intervention was not necessary.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #646963

I'm of the opinion that the captain was asking for it.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #647102

On further reflection while I still think Phillip should have done things another way the captain shouldn't have cut off his legs just for breaking into tech storage.
Doesn't really explain trying to cablecuff the captain though
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #647159

Archie700 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:35 am On further reflection while I still think Phillip should have done things another way the captain shouldn't have cut off his legs just for breaking into tech storage.
cablecuffing allows you to flee easily

shove and cablecuff - more time to run away

just run away - they can catch up easily and fire at you with disabler
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #647188

celularLAmp wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03 pm
Archie700 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:35 am On further reflection while I still think Phillip should have done things another way the captain shouldn't have cut off his legs just for breaking into tech storage.
cablecuffing allows you to flee easily

shove and cablecuff - more time to run away

just run away - they can catch up easily and fire at you with disabler
Fair point, captain should have thrown him in brig for 2 minutes or hear him out while subdued.