busted too hard peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

busted too hard peanut

Post by toemas » #650720

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: busted too hard peanut

Post by wesoda25 » #650721

Needlessly draconic enforcement of rule 8 imo. I think omega needs to chill way out with their approach to these things
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #650728

Soyoboyo wrote: Busting just like jizz and cum all over my face
I mean, I'd have bwoinked him and told him to cut it, and I can see how Potato might have come to the conclusion to hand out a note or ban as a thin-ice holdover from Slavik's "my previous ticket," but a perma raises a few eyebrows. That ice could've probably been a lot thinner.
Spoiler:

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #650729

slaviik back with a vengeance
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #650731

Overswang because I'm a little irritated with sybil culture rn and I'm used to people acting a little more normal on a heavier-RP server.
Said it in the official response, I'll say it here too :P

Doesn't mean I can't remember LRP culture after I sit back and think about it, but it also doesn't mean that I'm 100% a-ok with this sort of stuff being said.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #650732

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #650733

Code: Select all

We also found that slippery slope beliefs predict intolerance of debated behaviors
"people who believe that bad behavior will lead to worse behavior will be intolerant of said bad behavior"
really?
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #650735

Fourth, and I do apologize for letting this factor into your specific ban, as it's a server issue and not one that applies to you alone, but sybil currently has what I'd consider a fairly large ooc in ic problem. "Busting it down sexual style, goated with the sauce" is a meme that isn't necessarily meme of the month tier, but it's still ooc in ic - and it contributes to a "nrp atmosphere". Granted, it's not just one person, and one person alone doing this doesn't "ruin the server", but every little negative contribution hurts.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #650736

Slavik probably had a perma coming for plenty of reasons but this ain't it.

The many-times quoted "we take rule 8 very seriously" should not be taken to mean handing out permabans because someone said the word jizz and cum. Rule 8 was created to prevent ERP and to prevent players from getting creepy sexual advances/comments made to them, not as some bizarre word policing.
Spoiler:
Soyoboyo
Byond Username: Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #650754

I sit in atmos all day anyways now lmao what am I even gonna eat a perma for
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #650763

Soyoboyo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:19 am I sit in atmos all day anyways now lmao what am I even gonna eat a perma for
Sex.

With dry regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #650775

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:49 am

We also found that slippery slope beliefs predict intolerance of debated behaviors
"people who believe that bad behavior will lead to worse behavior will be intolerant of said bad behavior"
really?
Typical academia makework
Soyoboyo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:19 am I sit in atmos all day anyways now lmao what am I even gonna eat a perma for
More than anything else you deserve a perma for looking like this guy
Attachments
bloom_steve_dallas.jpg
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #650779

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:30 am
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:49 am

really?
Typical academia makework
stating the obvious = free citations
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #650784

I kinda hate the "hard" stance on rule 8. Why don't we just have a normal stance on it, where you can warn and note people without just perma banning everyone.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #650793

CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:03 pm I kinda hate the "hard" stance on rule 8. Why don't we just have a normal stance on it, where you can warn and note people without just perma banning everyone.
Normal stances on rule 8 lead to last month's drama. In this situation a perma was very heavy handed but I can fully understand the reasoning for it.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #650795

Capsandi wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:53 pm
CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:03 pm I kinda hate the "hard" stance on rule 8. Why don't we just have a normal stance on it, where you can warn and note people without just perma banning everyone.
Normal stances on rule 8 lead to last month's drama. In this situation a perma was very heavy handed but I can fully understand the reasoning for it.
Which one of Last Month's dramas?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #650816

The one with the erp
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #650841

i miss woody got wood, i said it.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #650861

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:10 am Rule 8 was created to prevent ERP and to prevent players from getting creepy sexual advances/comments made to them, not as some bizarre word policing.
Sinfulbliss takes I actually agree with. This is a rare moment.
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:46 am i miss woody got wood, i said it.
It was getting rather tired when it got shelved. At least read a different form of smut on the radio. Gotta have some variety.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #650866

I wonder if that comment from oranges will force either a headmin response or a policy discussion thread.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #650873

mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #650882

I'd have given them some kind of ban given the history of this behavior. Maybe not a perma, but i'd still have shit canned them for some period of time. Plus it is kind of just fucking gross in general, who wants to play with people like this?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #650905

mindstormy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:08 pm who wants to play with people like this?
hippiestation containment zone isnt around anymore unfortunately
Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #650911

mindstormy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:08 pm who wants to play with people like this?
guh I can't believe this guy uses the words cum, penis, jizz, piss, shit, ass, cock, splooge, bile, sewage, feces, crap, kaka, bustin, cumming, orgasm, vomit, goo, detritus, filth, scum, hemorrhoids, and diarrhea I mean seriously who on an LRP server would wanna play with this guy
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #650921

Based on that level of response I assume you're 14 years old, give or take a year.

I understand, my dude. Puberty sucks and you're just trying to express yourself by talking about cum and jizz over your face. After all, you just learned these words and want to try and use them so you sound like a real adult. We've all been there, we can empathise with your plight.

However it would be really wonderful if you also simply just didn't, incase anyone was second guessing your age and has since concluded you are actually two children in a trenchcoat that enjoys doing grown up things.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #650930

NSFW:
P*nis
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #650934

iwishforducks wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:58 pm
NSFW:
P*nis
MODS MODS HELP MOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #650937

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:31 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:58 pm
NSFW:
P*nis
MODS MODS HELP MOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!
Who jannies the jannie?
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #650939

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:38 am Based on that level of response I assume you're 14 years old, give or take a year.
Unfortunately, I am above the minimum required age to play this video game. I hope we meet each other in whatever restaurant I happen to work at so I can grace your ears with these beautiful words just as I have your eyes.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #650942

Soyoboyo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:38 am Based on that level of response I assume you're 14 years old, give or take a year.
Unfortunately, I am above the minimum required age to play this video game. I hope we meet each other in whatever restaurant I happen to work at so I can grace your ears with these beautiful words just as I have your eyes.
That truly is very unfortunate, as it significantly reduces the probability of you ever ceasing to be such a massive wanker.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #650965

Soyoboyo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:16 am
guh I can't believe this guy uses the words cum, penis, jizz, piss, shit, ass, cock, splooge, bile, sewage, feces, crap, kaka, bustin, cumming, orgasm, vomit, goo, detritus, filth, scum, hemorrhoids, and diarrhea I mean seriously who on an LRP server would wanna play with this guy
Positive contribution to TG or anyone by saying cum and jizz in ss13:
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #650975

Kind of disappointing to see only one headmin response when headmin review was requested. Would have also been cool to see a ruling on the issue brought up in the appeal (i.e., is saying raunchy words against rule 8).
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #650985

you pretty much only ever see one headmin response for headmin review, we agree on it beforehand. every so often when it's something not huge we just ping the other two, wait a bit, then shoot. if anyone disagreed i think you would've heard it by now
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #650986

especially with how literally everyone requests headmin review on their appeals
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<