I'm going to take a break from the game so I won't be able to post in player's club anymore.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

I'm going to take a break from the game so I won't be able to post in player's club anymore.

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651953

The game ticks me off too much and I don't want to keep lashing out at people so I'm going to go play other games.

What are some good games to play?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: I'm going to take a break from the game so I won't be able to post in player's club anymore.

Post by Kendrickorium » #651954

starsector
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Re: I'm going to take a break from the game so I won't be able to post in player's club anymore.

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651955

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:09 am starsector
that game sucks
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #651966

Bye
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #651971

Duskers is a really good game you should play it
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #651972

ss14
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #651973

Any of the paradox games are a good rabbithole to fall into. For a different flavor of autism pokemon romhacks might be a good choice. A good minecraft, starbound or terraria modpack could also work.
Image Image
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651981

Boot wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:33 am Any of the paradox games are a good rabbithole to fall into. For a different flavor of autism pokemon romhacks might be a good choice. A good minecraft, starbound or terraria modpack could also work.
i play stellaris sometimes
EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:27 am Duskers is a really good game you should play it
whats duskers
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651982

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:27 am Duskers is a really good game you should play it
whats duskers
[/quote]
Dospunk style game where you navigate drones across derelict space ships to gather resources to learn and survive

I love duskers but I still haven't beaten it because I never found the motivation to scan all 56 rooms of Doctor Bogololoty's A class 267 year old salvage ship without exposing any areas to space or whatever bullshit the later quests are
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #651983

Bloons is a good "turn your brain off" game
Inscryption is nice and atmospheric, I'm not usually into card games but I really enjoyed it
Katana Zero is all around pretty good; fun gameplay, excellent music and visuals
I got hooked on Rain World earlier this year, has some really cool enemy AI
Thumper is pretty good if you're into rhythm games (it recommends VR but honestly VR doesn't add much to it)
Everhood is another cool rhythm game; the story has a lot of flaws but everything else I enjoyed
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #651984

Peace love have fun
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651985

dragomagol wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:43 am Bloons is a good "turn your brain off" game
Inscryption is nice and atmospheric, I'm not usually into card games but I really enjoyed it
Katana Zero is all around pretty good; fun gameplay, excellent music and visuals
I got hooked on Rain World earlier this year, has some really cool enemy AI
Thumper is pretty good if you're into rhythm games (it recommends VR but honestly VR doesn't add much to it)
Everhood is another cool rhythm game; the story has a lot of flaws but everything else I enjoyed
inscryption is cool
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #651986

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:19 am
Boot wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:33 am Any of the paradox games are a good rabbithole to fall into. For a different flavor of autism pokemon romhacks might be a good choice. A good minecraft, starbound or terraria modpack could also work.
i play stellaris sometimes
whats duskers
Duskers is a game where you control a squad of drones on abandoned ships in space. Funky horror aspects and really good writing.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #651988

I always enjoy the Hitman games. If you've got someone to co-op with, Resident Evil 5 is still one of my favourite co-op experiences in gaming. I played through it with a friend a couple weeks ago, and it still holds up imo. Sucks as Resident Evil, but amazing co-op.

What kind of games do you usually prefer, and what sort of experience are you looking for? One game you can sink a fuckload of hours into, or just a few things to kill time?
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #651991

Yeah, what kind of games are you generally into? RPG? Milsim?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #652019

Dungeon of the endless is pretty fun

Terraria too
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #652021

I'm stuck on risk of rain 2 right now.
If you need a long single player campaign, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is a pretty good turn-based one.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #652023

Roblox
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #652024

Return of the Obra Dinn is an amazing puzzle game that’s bound to keep you in its tight embrace for the hours it takes to work through.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #652026

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:50 am The game ticks me off too much and I don't want to keep lashing out at people so I'm going to go play other games.

I'm sure you could request a ban from the Players Club if you really wanted to.
Hugs
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652028

There's a Minecraft modpack called GT New Horizons. Very relaxing I definitely do recommend it. :)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #652029

Misdoubtful wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:09 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:50 am The game ticks me off too much and I don't want to keep lashing out at people so I'm going to go play other games.

I'm sure you could request a ban from the Players Club if you really wanted to.
my goal is to just not play until i'm no longer allowed to post in here, i figure that gives me plenty of time to get good suggestions
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #652035

I've been playing lobotomy corporation and its sequel. They're both bullshit in different ways but I'm enjoying them.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652036

starsector
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652041

Aurora 4X
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652042

datorangebottle wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:11 pm I'm stuck on risk of rain 2 right now.
If you need a long single player campaign, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is a pretty good turn-based one.
>Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

was having a blast with that game until i got to the town fight and got my ass blown out by it. absolutely ridiculous.
THEN i found out you could lose out on actual playable characters by not being fast enough while doing shit
in what fucking world does a game dev think that putting shit on a time limit in a fucking ROLE PLAYING GAME is a good idea
/rant
might go back for more Wenduag though
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #652044

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:37 am
datorangebottle wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:11 pm I'm stuck on risk of rain 2 right now.

was having a blast with that game until i got to the town fight and got my ass blown out by it. absolutely ridiculous.
THEN i found out you could lose out on actual playable characters by not being fast enough while doing shit
in what fucking world does a game dev think that putting shit on a time limit in a fucking ROLE PLAYING GAME is a good idea
/rant
They've been doing that since at least FFVI, deal with it.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652048

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:47 am

/rant
They've been doing that since at least FFVI, deal with it.
apples and oranges
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #652049

/rant
The game's very fun but as a Pathfinder Enjoyer, seeing artificially inflated statblocks on enemies just feels awful. Add in encounters not even the most sadistic of GMs would ever put in front of their players, as well as Puzzle Encounters that are effectively an Instant TPK if you don't do them correctly in the first turn, immediately after difficult boss fights, and it just makes me sad.

They improved a lot of things from Kingmaker (my first Calamity Event that I rolled was a dude who summoned phase spiders every turn, spammed Hold Person and needed a Nat 20 for any of my dudes to hit him :T and you can ask any veteran of the launch of that game for their own stories) but just...man.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #652050

if you have gamepass play powerwash simulator, i played it on a whim and then spent 3 days zoning the fuck out to it
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Post by XII3912 » #652052

clash royale
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #652060

/rant
The town fight?
Spoiler:
You mean the one where the tavern gets attacked?
Yeah, that's a rough one on a first playthrough. Very fun event. I found it way more manageable in turn-based mode, but realtime is a fucking nightmare.
Missing playable characters for not moving fast enough is kind of annoying yeah, but having a time limit in an RPG isn't a bad thing. One of my main gripes with games is when they go, "These people need help URGENTLY!" and if you ignore them for 20 levels and come back they're still in the same position.
yeah Wendu is pretty great. I multiclassed her into barbarian on one of my playthroughs and she was absolutely terrifying.
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:33 am They improved a lot of things from Kingmaker (my first Calamity Event that I rolled was a dude who summoned phase spiders every turn, spammed Hold Person and needed a Nat 20 for any of my dudes to hit him :T and you can ask any veteran of the launch of that game for their own stories) but just...man.
My main gripe with Kingmaker is that it felt like it spent a lot of time doing not much at all, and things just kind of happened as opposed to you causing things to happen. Also that it dragged on for too long. WOTR absolutely fixed both of those problems. And the kingdom management stuff is WAY better
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #652064

Solution: play LRP

Sure you still might not get your lye on LRP but you also won’t get the rest of the shit that happened
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #652080

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:38 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:33 am They improved a lot of things from Kingmaker (my first Calamity Event that I rolled was a dude who summoned phase spiders every turn, spammed Hold Person and needed a Nat 20 for any of my dudes to hit him :T and you can ask any veteran of the launch of that game for their own stories) but just...man.
My main gripe with Kingmaker is that it felt like it spent a lot of time doing not much at all, and things just kind of happened as opposed to you causing things to happen. Also that it dragged on for too long. WOTR absolutely fixed both of those problems. And the kingdom management stuff is WAY better
Yeah, after launch a lot of the other issues of Kingmaker were fixed, and it was just the Fundamental things that aren't so easy to change or fix that were left over. And you are right that a lot of those are the things that WOTR fixed.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #652443

i got banned for 112 days
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652569

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:48 pm i got banned for 112 days
Type 112 into your phone
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #652608

dishonored is a excellent game you should play it especially the daud dlcs
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #652775

chocolate_bickie wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:03 pm Dungeon of the endless is pretty fun
Jesus, finding someone recommending dungeon of the endless is like a 1/1,000,000,000 event

You tried their other games? Endless Legend is based.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #652784

Tearling wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:09 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:03 pm Dungeon of the endless is pretty fun
Jesus, finding someone recommending dungeon of the endless is like a 1/1,000,000,000 event

Yeah, I've played both Endless Legend and Endless Space 2.

I really love the lore and quest systems of Amplitude Studios.

Have you played any of ELs dlcs?
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #652795

chocolate_bickie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 pm

You know it!
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #652797

Yo are we ENDLESS:tm:POSTING?

Hell yeah
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #652827

Tearling wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:01 am
chocolate_bickie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 pm

You know it!
Which is your favourite?
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #652865

chocolate_bickie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:32 pm
Tearling wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:01 am snip
Which is your favourite?
Hrmmm... probably the shadows one. Adding stealth and infiltration was a great choice in development imo. Wbu? My discord is Tearling#9954 if you wanna hit me up on there.
chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #652903

Tearling wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:23 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:32 pm
Tearling wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:01 am snip
Which is your favourite?
Hrmmm... probably the shadows one. Adding stealth and infiltration was a great choice in development imo. Wbu? My discord is Tearling#9954 if you wanna hit me up on there.
I enjoy shadows too. I find them to be better on higher difficulties because there are more extractors to pillage. I sent you a msg. My discord username is chocolate_bickie#0378.