Head of Sethcurity

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Head of Sethcurity

Post by Archie700 » #656494

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32772

I disagree with Vekter's decision.

He should have been more harsh
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Re: Head of Sethcurity

Post by Turbonerd » #656499

Not once did Seth mention about leading his department. Solo hunting antags is not a good conduct, especially as the HoS. Quite an embarrassing HoS to have. If you don't want to lead your department, don't play as a head. If you don't want to cooperate with the rest of the security team, don't play as a security officer.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #656501

Hard agree with Vekter - Because I always play on Sybil and Seth ALWAYS does this shit. He needs to stop signing up for command if he's going to keep going AFK from the start of the shift, or, as in this case, just fucking off from the station.

In fact, I REMEMBER this shift. I went back and checked the logs - I was present in this shift and he was the Acting Captain - And he still fucked off to space! My subordinate cargo tech waltzed in to the cargo bay with the nuke disk! I still don't know how he got it!

So he was hos and fucked off to space, and was acting cap and didnt secure the disk, and didnt tell anyone where he was going, so no one could recover him or have any info about where he was and what he was doing, and did not perform any of the functions of his job!

In fact, I wish this ban would be expanded to all command roles and extended for a week!
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #656502

At this point escalating punishment should apply, I have no illusions that Seth is playing in good faith or respecting the rules.
imagine disagreeing with the admin that his decision was not harsh enough
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #656509

PUNCTUATION FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I'm sething.

sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #656512

Ehh sort of an edge case here. The fact there were ~35 players says to me he is probably completely correct in that if he wasn't the HoS, no one would have been the HoS, and a HoS that fucks off to space for 20 minutes with the intention to come back later is probably still arguably better than no HoS. A bit of a stretch since there's still a chance a HoS that actually wants to play on station for 20 min comes on, but again on 35pop LRP it's extremely unlikely.

There's also the fact this rule isn't really written down anywhere. The only similar rule players see is that you need to ahelp before leaving the game or suiciding as command roles, but this isn't either of those things. That said captain players that spend the whole round in space with someone or command players that suicide after 10 min or go SSD the entire round are incredibly annoying and it should be discouraged. I'm not sure if exploring space for a bit and then dying is quite the same.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #656515

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:00 pm Ehh sort of an edge case here. The fact there were ~35 players says to me he is probably completely correct in that if he wasn't the HoS, no one would have been the HoS, and a HoS that fucks off to space for 20 minutes with the intention to come back later is probably still arguably better than no HoS. A bit of a stretch since there's still a chance a HoS that actually wants to play on station for 20 min comes on, but again on 35pop LRP it's extremely unlikely.

There's also the fact this rule isn't really written down anywhere. The only similar rule players see is that you need to ahelp before leaving the game or suiciding as command roles, but this isn't either of those things. That said captain players that spend the whole round in space with someone or command players that suicide after 10 min or go SSD the entire round are incredibly annoying and it should be discouraged. I'm not sure if exploring space for a bit and then dying is quite the same.

Code: Select all

09:35:08	ACCESS	Mob Login: Hoolny/(Seth Deces) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human		
09:35:08	GAME	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) Client Hoolny/(Seth Deces) has taken ownership of mob Seth Deces(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:35:46	ACCESS	Logout: Hoolny/(Seth Deces)		
09:35:46	GAME	Hoolny[DC]/(Seth Deces) Hoolny[DC]/(Seth Deces) is no longer owning mob Seth Deces(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:37:26	ACCESS	Mob Login: Hoolny/(Seth Deces) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human		
09:37:26	GAME	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) Client Hoolny/(Seth Deces) has taken ownership of mob Seth Deces(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:38:28	OOC	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) "sybil people think"	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:38:59	OOC	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) "there is 23 people in bagil 20 here if we all move to bagil then we can have 43 pop"	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:38:59	OOC	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) "plus bagil is crashing less"	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:39:21	OOC	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) "your loss"	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:39:59	EMOTE	Monkepower394/(Micheal Barrons) points at Seth Deces	(120, 173, 2)	Security Office09:40:09	SAY	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) "normal"	(119, 175, 2)	Security Office
09:48:04	EMOTE	*no key*/(space carp) gnashes at Seth Deces.	(122, 92, 4)	Space
09:54:44	EMOTE	Hoolny/(Seth Deces) seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless...	(135, 178, 4)	Space

Code: Select all

09:46:00	SAY	Typhnox/(Imitates-The-Lizards) "Why does my cargo tech have the disk Captain?"	(78, 141, 2)	Delivery Office
09:46:25	SAY	Typhnox/(Imitates-The-Lizards) "Can you go find the captain"	(80, 143, 2)	Delivery Office
09:47:09	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "Are you ok Captain? You're off both the crew monitor and cameras"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber
09:47:57	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "I think the Captain amy already be dead"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber		
09:50:35	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "The Captains missing in action"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber
09:53:39	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "Yah don't be like the acting Captain who's already dissapeared off of cameras and the monitor"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber	
10:07:10	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "Still no sign of the acting Captain"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber
10:09:46	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "We're not going to be able to get any ID changes until an actual Hop or Captain comes along"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber
10:09:56	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "Because the acting Captain dissapeared"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber	
10:10:54	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) (priority announcement) "Law 2 request. We have no Captain as the acting Captain instantly dissapeared into the void."	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber	
10:27:58	SAY	TagGamerGame2/(B O B) "The acting Captain vanished off suit sensors and cameras in the first ten minutes"	(214, 144, 2)	AI Chamber
Seth literally went off to space within less than 15 minutes and died in space a few minutes later. He was roundstart acting Captain and did not announce that to anyone at all.

The argument that "If I wasn't there there would probably wouldn't have being a HoS" doesn't hold water because he died in space with his ID early in the round which means now not only there is no HoS, there will never be another and since he was acting Captain no one could change IDs until the actual HoP came way later.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #656516

Archie700 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:25 pm Image
Seth literally went off to space within less than 15 minutes and died in space a few minutes later. He was roundstart acting Captain and did not announce that to anyone at all.
sinfulbliss wrote:There's also the fact this rule isn't really written down anywhere. The only similar rule players see is that you need to ahelp before leaving the game or suiciding as command roles, but this isn't either of those things.
I checked the Rule 5 precedents before I posted. "Command roles require a minimum of effort." What's a minimum of effort? "Generally considered to be not logging out at or near roundstart." This question is answered for us. We do not have to hypothesize about what a minimum of effort is because they tell us in the rule. The precedents go on to include suiciding and ghosting, but it's definitely not clear Rule 5 encompasses exploring space for a while on a lowpop round where often there's no sec or HoS anyway because of how relaxed things (usually) are.
Spoiler:
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #656523

If you want to explore space pick literally anything that's not a role with responsabilities?
Access don't matter in space anyway.

Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #656526

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:00 pm Ehh sort of an edge case here. The fact there were ~35 players says to me he is probably completely correct in that if he wasn't the HoS, no one would have been the HoS, and a HoS that fucks off to space for 20 minutes with the intention to come back later is probably still arguably better than no HoS. A bit of a stretch since there's still a chance a HoS that actually wants to play on station for 20 min comes on, but again on 35pop LRP it's extremely unlikely
Axle we didn't see him for the entire shift, no one knew where he was. It actually WOULD have been better if he didnt sign up for hos, because at least then someone else could have been the acting captain, gotten the spare and the nuke disk, and ran hopline. He was an active detriment to the shift overall.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #656528

Man Vekter can't even get this right, why give him a blanket sec ban for a note talking about him not taking command seriously? Give him a command role ban instead hello.
Image Image
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #656529

Boot wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:07 pm Man Vekter can't even get this right, why give him a blanket sec ban for a note talking about him not taking command seriously? Give him a command role ban instead hello.
Well, this is true actually, it should be a command ban instead.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #656530

Boot wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:07 pm Man Vekter can't even get this right, why give him a blanket sec ban for a note talking about him not taking command seriously? Give him a command role ban instead hello.
Fair point, I'll change it to that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #656534

If you want complete freedom to fuck around just play assistant, it's not that hard. You don't need gear for shit! I will never understand taking an actual role for when you want to do shit like this.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #656567

I don't think Seth gets it. This appeal should extend their ban.
Bjarl
Byond Username: Bjarl

Post by Bjarl » #656568

Also, are you supposed to interpret rules? aren't they supposed to be written down things
Dude....
Banished to Manuel
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #656581

i remember observing seth once, and he immediately killed a heretic with a unica, then died to a blob
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #656587

Back when I was just learning ss13 I literally did the same things and I got the same punishment.

Find it kinda cool admins are this consistent even 3 years later lol
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #656598

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:13 pm I don't think Seth gets it. This appeal should extend their ban.
As worthy of a case as this would likely be, there are numerous reasons why it's a bad idea to extend bans due to appeals.
If your ban could be extended simply for disagreeing with an admin, it would discourage everyone from appealing bad punishments.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #656599

I mean, rolling a restricted role then fucking off to another z level is never good.

Pretty consistently been cause for a job ban unless you have a good reason (chaplain getting a pet carp, CE building abandoned tele base etc).

Heads espically are supposed to be mediators, as they have final say over their department.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #656601

not a terrible thread name, not great either, but at least some thought was put into it, so I'll give this one to ya
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #656603

MooCow12 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:21 am Trying not to be peanut but what actually is the responsibility of HOS

For example, CE has the responsibility to set up the SM and they stay true to that and normally do.

But HOS players do not actually fill an informational / logistical role for the security team, at least not normally. Usually this is the responsibility of the Warden and this is what birthed the "warden out of brig" meme.

Another coordination tool that sec players tend to rely on is actually the AI itself.

Arming the sec team by opening the armory can be seen as a responsibility of the HOS but, again, usually by the time that is necessary the HOS is dead in maintenance from valid hunting and its up to the warden or someone else with access to open (Or the sec team just breaks in)

I just do not see an actual responsibility that Seth neglected to fulfill that most hos players do not also neglect to fulfill.
Then the HoS you saw must be outright terrible then
Bdudy
Byond Username: Bdudy

Post by Bdudy » #656611

sinfulbliss wrote:I checked the Rule 5 precedents before I posted. "Command roles require a minimum of effort." What's a minimum of effort? "Generally considered to be not logging out at or near roundstart." This question is answered for us. We do not have to hypothesize about what a minimum of effort is because they tell us in the rule. The precedents go on to include suiciding and ghosting, but it's definitely not clear Rule 5 encompasses exploring space for a while on a lowpop round where often there's no sec or HoS anyway because of how relaxed things (usually) are.
You cannot put in the minimum amount of effort required to fulfill your command role if you have completely vanished.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #656612

"what's a minimum amount of effort? I demand you define a minimum amount of effort!"

How about "existing on the station" and "not being SSD"

2 issues Seth constantly has as command.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #656616

My man's keyboard lost its period key
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #656638

>joins as HOS & acting captain
>goes to space only to never come back
>refuses to elaborate

Yeah, I don’t think they know what command members even do.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
johnfulpwillard
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: John Willard

Post by johnfulpwillard » #656668

reading the thread and the discussion on discord, I think of seth sec as "The Head Of Security Exists To Kill Antagonists. My Job Is To Find The Antagonist And To Kill Them As Efficiently As Possible. The Antagonist Must Die. I Must Be The One To Kill The Antagonist."
Your admin button here, coder!
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #656685

i hope the headmins wait for the ban to end before posting their headmin review
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #656760

bro just play assistant if you want to fuck off into space 90% of hops will give you EVA access and you can just break in and leave if they dont
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #656761

Qbmax32 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:43 pm …and you can just break in and leave if they dont
What’re they gonna do, arrest you?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578