Perma Speedrun Tales: Improptuvocateur

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Perma Speedrun Tales: Improptuvocateur

Post by Agux909 » #658244

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32903

Today I'm gonna suddenly start flashing people around for no reason like a fucking idiot, people does this all the time, must be part of the culture.

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: Perma Speedrun Tales: Improptuvocateur

Post by Kendrickorium » #658246

Has anyone really been far even as decided to why are you wlakng with me like we a gays?

ALSO MY FUCKING GOD
THIS SERVER NEEDS A FUCKING IQ TEST IN ORDER TO PLAY
THE ADMINS GIVE YOU EVERY POSSIBLE CHANCE TO FUCKING SAY "I INDEED FUCKED UP, MY UTMOST APOLOGIES TO YOU AND TO THE PLAYERS THAT ROUND" "I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS GRAVE MISTAKE SO SOON AFTER MY UNBANNING" "I WILL ENDEAVOR TO LEARN FROM THIS SEVERE LAPSE IN JUDGEMENT"
INSTEAD YOU BLATHER ON ABOUT HOW ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
I FEEL LIKE IM CHANNELING CRAG ENERGY WHEN I KEEP SEEING SHIT LIKE THIS
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #658369

I find it extremely funny how someone can write a somewhat well written appeal then they bring out the game logs and they're saying the most stupid shit I've ever seen
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #658370

Why do we keep having to ban people for this shit

It's so obviously fucking stupid, why do people keep doing it
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #658371

Vekter wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:21 pm Why do we keep having to ban people for this shit

How it plays out.

1. I'm intentionally going to fake a revolution! (Boring, but you'll probably want to try it once because it's kinda just a funny bit of you and your friends yelling Viva over the radio and yelling at people)
2. You go to flash someone to throw them out of your department because they are being a shitter. Shitter sees you with a flash yells BOB REV. You throw them out, shitter continues to be a shitter, but now has been sighted as having been flashed by you so CLEARLY they are a revolutionary because they are causing trouble. All reports of trouble are now the cause of revs. You keep using your flash, because people keep being shitters and it's an effective tool.
3. Follow 2, but somewhere along the lines you start just randomly flashing people because it's funny, those people realize the revolution is fake but it's funnier to yell VIVA after and continue on with their day. Some idiot takes it seriously and blood is shed.

I remember a time where there was a fake revolution at least daily.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #658372

Vekter wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:21 pm Why do we keep having to ban people for this shit

Maybe the lack of understanding that the game isn't just a grief simulator, but they're supposed to be putting in the bare minimum effort to roleplay and cooperate?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658373

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:10 pm Has anyone really been far even as decided to why are you wlakng with me like we a gays?

ALSO MY FUCKING GOD
THIS SERVER NEEDS A FUCKING IQ TEST IN ORDER TO PLAY
THE ADMINS GIVE YOU EVERY POSSIBLE CHANCE TO FUCKING SAY "I INDEED FUCKED UP, MY UTMOST APOLOGIES TO YOU AND TO THE PLAYERS THAT ROUND" "I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS GRAVE MISTAKE SO SOON AFTER MY UNBANNING" "I WILL ENDEAVOR TO LEARN FROM THIS SEVERE LAPSE IN JUDGEMENT"
INSTEAD YOU BLATHER ON ABOUT HOW ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
I FEEL LIKE IM CHANNELING CRAG ENERGY WHEN I KEEP SEEING SHIT LIKE THIS
People need to start reading the wiki guide to not being banned. Like, if you did shit like this as a first/second time mistake after a while of not being on the server for a long time, and you took the time to say sorry, not to just get unbanned, but to, for real, say sorry to the people in that round, then I would just get unban you.

People need to understand that ban appeals aren’t a chance to submit to our overlords, but a chance to explain yourself honestly. Like, sure, you can make the admin feel stupid if you said it wasn’t your fault, and I can see why saying sorry may make you feel stupid as well, but, saying sorry is a way more easier process than using a stupid argument.

Hey, maybe it won’t work every time and you saying sorry isn’t enough. You can’t play the same card every time, but at least it’s the best move you can play if you play it effectively.

Also isn’t this guy from a Russian server that just got unpermaed? Explains the confusion with the grammar and stuff, maybe.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658375

Ignoring the fact they could have said sorry, let’s break this down.
Xackii wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:34 pm I understand what it all led to and that it was rude to the players, but I still don't understand why this deserves a permaban. […] I didn’t even think that some serious person might come across to me who would think that we have a revolution and immediately without asking anyone would go to kill pseudo-revolutionaries.
Maybe because you were being a shitter. Flashes are a good stunning tool, yes, but using them wildly for no reason? Shitter behavior. Shitter behavior? Antag behavior. Antag behavior while using a flash? The first thing that comes into mind is a revolution, a reasonable escalation, if you took the time to read the rules and see how the game worked.

It’s also pretty funny that they said stupid stuff in say. I’m not involved in terry culture, but I honestly wish that people would talk before they resort to flashing people randomly. seriously, what the hell is terry on, why do they allow this
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #658380

Appealing bans can be SO easy, yet, some people really go ahead and end up making it a fucking federal issue.

If you're recognizing on the same appeal that you did things that could be """perceived"" as round ruining shitter behavior, how is it that the first thing that crosses your mind isn't just apologizing, or, admitting you fucked up, or, maybe just promising you won't do it again because of this exact understanding you had about it? All three would be ideal but, seriously, none of that?

RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #658417

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:10 pm ALSO MY FUCKING GOD THIS SERVER NEEDS A FUCKING IQ TEST IN ORDER TO PLAY
I wish they did work. Manuel has players that just flat out do not follow what the RP rules are for months on end, but they still passed the little form and admin verification thing you have to go through.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit