Complimenting People on Security Play: the Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Complimenting People on Security Play: the Thread

Post by datorangebottle » #659746

Making this post because instead of wordlessly walking up and batonning someone who had made a confirmed assassination attempt on a security officer, Brick Mortar decided to tell the criminal that they were being arrested and to lay down with their hands empty before actually making the attempt to arrest them.
Very based, honestly. Every security main should follow his example.

This thread will probably die quickly and painfully, but I encourage you to also compliment security officers/people making arrests here.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: Complimenting People on Security Play: the Thread

Post by Misdoubtful » #659747

I like this thread I'm reserving this space for later.
Hugs
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #659748

There is yet hope for /tg/ security.
Bravo, I compliment this anonymous goodsec.

Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #659749

This is something I've wanted to try doing more but it's way too risky. With other sec officers it would probably work, but the last time I tried talking with an antagonist they instantly crit me with a powerfist.

The typing system in ss13 is one of our most *robust* systems so using it in combat or would be combat situations usually doesn't end well.
It keeps getting worse!?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #659750

Mice World wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:01 am This is something I've wanted to try doing more but it's way too risky. With other sec officers it would probably work, but the last time I tried talking with an antagonist they instantly crit me with a powerfist.

The typing system in ss13 is one of our most *robust* systems so using it in combat or would be combat situations usually doesn't end well.
Keep a good 4 or 5 tile distance or even just a window and do your talking from there. Dont be afraid to also do your negotiation over radio. If the suspect starts to charge on you or run away back off and use your hotkeys to pull out your gear fast enough to respond. If you had to disengage just go in guns blazing next time. Rarely will you only get one shot at taking down any given suspect so disengaging for backup is always good enough.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #659751

whichever manuel sec officer plays a (red?) lizard

I compliment you for being so nice to antags and going along with their gimmick. You've made my roundstart traitor rounds and thief rounds very fun. Thank you
► Show Spoiler
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #659752

blackdav123 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:11 am
Keep a good 4 or 5 tile distance or even just a window and do your talking from there. Dont be afraid to also do your negotiation over radio. If the suspect starts to charge on you or run away back off and use your hotkeys to pull out your gear fast enough to respond. If you had to disengage just go in guns blazing next time. Rarely will you only get one shot at taking down any given suspect so disengaging for backup is always good enough.
I did keep 4 tiles away but I just didn't react fast enough, I think this might be more of a powerfist issue to be fair. It's one of the only weapons in the game that can instantly crit you.

I always try talking with traitors but if I see someone walking around with full sec armour on or a stolen sec ID I just baton them. If I'm not the only officer I usually take things slower and try to RP more but most times it's just me.
It keeps getting worse!?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #659753

Mice World wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:01 am This is something I've wanted to try doing more but it's way too risky. With other sec officers it would probably work, but the last time I tried talking with an antagonist they instantly crit me with a powerfist.

To be fair, it was in the bar on icebox. there was an entire table between them, so he had ample time to yell at him to get on the ground.
bar.png
bar.png (36.68 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Like so.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #659755

Mice World wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:40 am -snip-
I definitely agree that there are plenty of scenarios you just cant roleplay. Best you can do a lot of the time is announce over radio your demands before going on the hunt, but with scenarios like the stolen sec gear you often wont have time. Sometimes you are just fighting an army of borgs and spending any time trying to make demands is time not spend smashing robots. I'd say any seccie that does their best to interact with the people they are dealing with and responding with equal force (i.e. killing killers and roleplaying with roleplayers) is doing a good enough job.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #659756

I would like to compliment Axle Brady, Gay Johnson, and Gor-Rok for being so robust as a sec-officer squad that if im antag and see them as sec I will instead make plans to try to brainwash them to my side (I win)

I've never done it yet as I usually get killed trying. But these guys have robusted me so much they've actively changed my brain chemistry when I get antag
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #659758

Bobert Tunafish and Jimmy Little -- excellent sec mains
a shoutout to chafe as well
a lot of others im forgetting

and let us not remember the tragic tale of Pai Mei :(
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #659760

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:50 am and let us not remember the tragic tale of Pai Mei :(
I REMEMBER THAT!!! that was so fucking funny.. i wish someone recorded it
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #659761

toemas wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:01 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:50 am and let us not remember the tragic tale of Pai Mei :(
I REMEMBER THAT!!! that was so fucking funny.. i wish someone recorded it
it was not funny philip.. we broke him..

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... 8/game.txt
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #659764

Shouty Johnson plays detective and doesnt ruin antag rounds he a real one fo dat
Weston Echard on Sybil
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #659776

Say what you will about Bob Joe... he valiantly saved departments from the tide as a one-man powerhouse.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #659800

Sec Shouty/Old Johnson, more often than not I see him using his words, even to his detriment.

I'd say Axle but I'm not sure how often he'd risk "losing". At least I know he'll roleplay if the situation presents itself.

I've surely seen other seccies play like this but my memory is bad. Anyway, thanks for being there.

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #659837

John mooney, Janel keppel, piper faust, oliver verriene. All good sec players even if they make me mald sometimes
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659850

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:55 pm John mooney, Janel keppel, piper faust, oliver verriene. All good sec players even if they make me mald sometimes
I haven't seen Piper play Sec much, and I've only seen Olivier a couple times, but Mooney and Keppel are both "I see they are HoS, I am probably going to play Sec" levels of GoodSec.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #659911

Axle is a good boi, he consistently RPs with me when he is sec, even if he knows I'm valid.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #659923

Yeah Piper Faust is almost always either the CMO or in medical.

Although I have seen then play HOP more as of late.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Troxonater
Byond Username: Trox McYeet

Post by Troxonater » #659955

Jeremy Star.