LOCAL CODERS LITERALLY TRY TO REMOVE NOIR DETECTIVE [NOT CLICKBAIT] [RIGHT FORUM] [GONE FORTNITE] [WATCH TO THE END]

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

LOCAL CODERS LITERALLY TRY TO REMOVE NOIR DETECTIVE [NOT CLICKBAIT] [RIGHT FORUM] [GONE FORTNITE] [WATCH TO THE END]

Post by datorangebottle » #659902

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/72133

I was so mad about this I accidentally posted it in ban appeals... :honk: :honkman:
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: LOCAL CODERS LITERALLY TRY TO REMOVE NOIR DETECTIVE [NOT CLICKBAIT] [RIGHT FORUM] [GONE FORTNITE] [WATCH TO THE END]

Post by Farquaar » #659906

Hopefully it doesn't get merged.
► Show Spoiler
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Re: LOCAL CODERS LITERALLY TRY TO REMOVE NOIR DETECTIVE [NOT CLICKBAIT] [RIGHT FORUM] [GONE FORTNITE] [WATCH TO THE END]

Post by Bepis » #659907

yeah this just seems very dumb to me, I have never even considered complaining about Det's kit in general
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #659908

He could've started by moving the armor from security jumpsuits to their actual armor, and nobody would be upset.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #659912

Hate when coders try and pass balance changes as anything other than balance changes. "I'm nerfing this because it is too confusing" is bullshit. Grow a pair and just put "time to kill is often too high as a result of everything having armor" instead of trying to larp as some savior trying to fix bugs and oversights via balance changes.

Goof does this shit all the time too and it still gets merged https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/66927
Weston Echard on Sybil
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #659919

I've long since learned that the argument for "balance" just means making something more tedious to do, or alternatively, it's something that crewmembers can do to make an antagonist's job harder so it must be nerfed.

This probably was the end result of them attacking the detective and then being butthurt when the detective didn't die.
Farquaar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:50 am Hopefully it doesn't get merged.
It's a stupid PR made by an active code contributor, so it's totally going to get merged.

I stand corrected.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #659926

I don't believe this person has any opinion of their own that isn't first filtered through what several maintainers babble about in coderbus.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #659928

absolutely soulless
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659929

NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:20 am I don't believe this person has any opinion of their own that isn't first filtered through what several maintainers babble about in coderbus.
If I'm not mistaken, Guillaume is a headmin for Fulp, so I get the feeling he just shoves every PR designed for his server that he can get away with onto us. Especially given he's got uhh...five rounds played in the last 3 years. I know a lot of our coders don't actively play, but I think he's a good bit worse, and with that level of time investment elsewhere, it's clear where his priorities lie.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #659931

Why would a detective even need armour? It doesn't really matter. Things that don't look like armour shouldn't really have armour.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #659933

players :

I leave the case in your hands.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #659937

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:15 am If I'm not mistaken, Guillaume is a headmin for Fulp, so I get the feeling he just shoves every PR designed for his server that he can get away with onto us.
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:52 am Image

players :

I leave the case in your hands.
The only thing worse than a coder is a coder who swims upstream to shit in the source.

If I had a nickel for every time a coder who played on fulp introduced an out of nowhere nerf upstream instead of on their own server, I would have like five nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it is annoying that it keeps happening.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #659953

this guy should be gitbanned
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #659960

Decided to do some digging to see when exactly we got armored detective gear, turns out it was mid 2011 alongside the introduction of armor as a variable (it existed as a hardcoded thing beforehand). It was also significantly higher at that point with stats such as double the melee resistance and quadruple the bullet resistance. I don't think the PR author's understanding of what power creep is correctly aligns with the history of the detective suits balance. Anyways this just seems like another realism for realism's sake PR which tend to be really poor.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #659967

I'd go for a removal of sec beret armor pr, and maybe it would be truer to noir detectives if the coat made those who fire at it terribly inaccurate since every case ends in the guilty party trying and failing to resolve the issue with a flood of bullets, but theres no problem with the detective having armor.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #659973

Don't think this is that big of a deal, it just makes it so that if you are planning to get shot, you should wear the detective's armored vest. I can see how it's silly that the det has an armored vest WHILE their normal clothes ALSO have armor
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #659977

either a pr made after a det didn’t die to their makarov instantly, or a garbage realism pr that serves no reason to exist
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #659978

either a pr made after a det didn’t die to their makarov instantly, or a garbage realism pr that serves no reason to exist
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #659987

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:30 pm Don't think this is that big of a deal, it just makes it so that if you are planning to get shot, you should wear the detective's armored vest. I can see how it's silly that the det has an armored vest WHILE their normal clothes ALSO have armor
It's very rare that you plan to get shot. So the detective is forced to choose between having armor and having swag. On LRP the detective will 9/10 times choose armor, meaning the cool coat gets locked in the closet for the rest of the shift and will never see the light of day.

Edit:
Oranges and fikou my beloved.
Last edited by datorangebottle on Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660036

datorangebottle wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:15 pm
TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:30 pm Don't think this is that big of a deal, it just makes it so that if you are planning to get shot, you should wear the detective's armored vest. I can see how it's silly that the det has an armored vest WHILE their normal clothes ALSO have armor
It's very rare that you plan to get shot. So the detective is forced to choose between having armor and having swag. On LRP the detective will 9/10 times choose armor, meaning the cool coat gets locked in the closet for the rest of the shift and will never see the light of day.

Edit:
Oranges my beloved.
the first thing I do as captain every shift is take off hat and my carapace and put on my winter coat because I think it looks nicer
no comments needed from wubli about this
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #660041

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:54 am the first thing I do as captain every shift is take off hat and my carapace and put on my winter coat because I think it looks nicer
To be fair, you also started every pre-progtot traitor round by spawning a syndicate bomb, turning it on, and running around the halls.

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660044

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:34 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:54 am the first thing I do as captain every shift is take off hat and my carapace and put on my winter coat because I think it looks nicer
To be fair, you also started every pre-progtot traitor round by spawning a syndicate bomb, turning it on, and running around the halls.
yeah, and I made sure I looked fucking great while doing it

*and nonslips, stim, and airlock card
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #660065

Someone PR bringing back jacked 2011 detective armor just to see what he says
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #660250

datorangebottle wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:40 am https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/72133

I was so mad about this I accidentally posted it in ban appeals... :honk: :honkman:
the ban appeal forum should allow you to appeal having someone banned