IMPORTANT PLAYER'S CLUB FOCUS GROUP, PARTICIPATE HERE

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

IMPORTANT PLAYER'S CLUB FOCUS GROUP, PARTICIPATE HERE

Post by Bawhoppennn » #660395

Okay, why do people not like the luxury shuttle

And how would you think it would be better, while still remaining true to its purpose
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: IMPORTANT PLAYER'S CLUB FOCUS GROUP, PARTICIPATE HERE

Post by blackdav123 » #660398

most people dont like it because the rich people are completely immune to all outside threats including broke people and nonhuman threats like xenomorphs and such

maybe it could be better if the people on the shuttle were forced to buy the addons from a machine as DLC rather than having a separate section? or maybe have two sections that the players can only pick and enter into one and before the shuttle launches they have a bidding war and whichever side pays more gets all the rich accomodations.
Weston Echard on Sybil
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #660399

Despite it being a luxury shuttle, the shuttle itself is very small, and first class is super cramped, which makes it absolutely terrible to be in the larger the server pop gets. When I hear "luxury shuttle," I imagine a shuttle that would put the nicest ocean liners to shame and would be absolutely gigantic.

Third class should remain as is.

This thread actually makes me want to try my hand at creating a luxury shuttle in whatever map editor is used for SS13. Fuck that both SS13 map tools are janky as shit.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #660401

I like the concept a lot. As a Captain it's a good "fuck the poors" move to order it. However It's not exclusive enough, engi-borgs know how to make a bypass loop half the time, and the 500 credit entry fee feels too low now that we get paychecks again.

Keep the poor section as it is but make it so only a handful of people can actually afford to go to first class instead of half the crew.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #660402

I think it should get raised to 1,000 credits.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #660405

Regarding the size of the first class, part of the problem is the sizecreep of all the other shuttles. Like, several of them are gigantic but have no drawback to them... I don't know how to fix that without a maintainer sponsoring a nerf of the others in some way.

Otherwise, we can indeed raise the entrance price, and fix the exploits to bypass the ticket booths. Got that for sure.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #660407

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:59 pm Okay, why do people not like the luxury shuttle

And how would you think it would be better, while still remaining true to its purpose
It requires a lot of snowflake code to maintain its gimmick, making it largely resistant to most standard forms of shuttle antagonism. It's literally the optimal shuttle because of its gimmick; generally the captain and heads of staff can ALWAYS afford to get in front while team antagonists need to leave a large portion of their members outside or waste time shuffling money around / coordinating to get everyone in, which risks the shuttle just leaving before anyone gets on. I don't like that there's an optimal shuttle for cucking antags. It adds an extra twist to emagging/hijacking; unfortunately it's not a particularly interesting twist for the walls and doors to be indestructible and mostly insurmountable.
That, and the whole "lol poors" thing always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I get the joke, it just isn't particularly funny to me.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #660409

I like the Luxury Shuttle. It's funny and makes all my "run a business" gimmicks feel more worthwhile.
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #660410

Yea indestructible walls suck and theres no real reason to go luxury since the poor person section is perfectly serviceable. I'd like to see less shuttles which are just one big room with a command and security closet (Bball court, rollerdome, monkey shuttle, zeta, + most grief shuttles but thats a virtue for them).
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660411

its a grief shuttle, with no interesting gimmick other than "fuck the poors"
the poor section is smaller than daniel, yet daniel is locked behind emag

fuck anyone that buys it

unless of course some coder wants to add a disco ball to the main cabin...............
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #660414

One time I rolled progtot, worked my way up to romeral, and then bought a few Crab-19s before ordering the luxury shuttle with a hacked command console. Everyone else died to zombies, and the zombies were broke, so I just bombed Evac to clear any hostiles and waltzed out of there in style.
So maybe luxury shuttle would work better as one of those restricted shuttles? Since it's very good at creating chokezones and such. If that was the case we could add some more bullshit features like a bunch of buttons the rich could press to torment the poor with emitters or something.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #660415

warbluke wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:47 pm One time I rolled progtot, worked my way up to romeral, and then bought a few Crab-19s before ordering the luxury shuttle with a hacked command console. Everyone else died to zombies, and the zombies were broke, so I just bombed Evac to clear any hostiles and waltzed out of there in style.
So maybe luxury shuttle would work better as one of those restricted shuttles? Since it's very good at creating chokezones and such. If that was the case we could add some more bullshit features like a bunch of buttons the rich could press to torment the poor with emitters or something.
force poor people to play a bullethell
Weston Echard on Sybil
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #660426

You can bypass the luxury shuttle with 500 credits and a bluespace bag.

Also, the shuttle's design is very meh. I wouldn't oppose to a rework
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #660585

I like it because it keeps the poors out
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #660590

fuck da poors

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #660597

what if we did it like this so that the average crewmember could probably afford a normal shuttle and you have to actually be rich to get in the capitalism zone
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #660598

nianjiilical wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:04 am Image

what if we did it like this so that the average crewmember could probably afford a normal shuttle and you have to actually be rich to get in the capitalism zone
I don't like this idea, for the exhaustive list of reasons that I have spoilered for your convenience:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #660599

I don't care about it being a "fuck the poors" shuttle, that part's fine.

But being a "fuck the antags" shuttle should make it at least restricted, if not reworked/removed entirely. Put securitrons that arrest players if their account balance is too low in there, or taser turrets or a peppersprayer that targets poors. Make it so that if a poor enters the luxury zone, then sec/people have a reason to kick them out so they don't get hit with a stray taser/pepperspray puff.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #660602

nianjiilical wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:04 am Image

Capitalism zone is too small, should be the biggest area on the shuttle
Make the poors and the averages share 1 airlock
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #660604

I think the luxury shuttle is good. It's funny to watch all the "rich" people get bombed/murdered. Can't be rich when you're dead, right?

Seriously though, I've never seen this shuttle be an issue. Most times it seems the average crew member has enough money to enter the luxury area. Personally I've only been forced to stay in the poor zone twice.

It could just be re-balanced so antagonists can enter for free (They're rich with EVIL!).
It keeps getting worse!?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #660616

i thought of something more like this. Area Sizes: Poor<Average<Rich
make the engine produce CO2 amounts big enough for the poor people to get a notification about CO2 in the air
oh yea and make the shuttle bigger than BYOS, everyone wants to feel the luxury after all (but more in the average and rich areas and less in the poor area. i want the poor area to keep the "trunk of the shuttle" feeling)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #660617

i changed my mind i want it more like this so you get the real airplane experience where you have to walk through average and rich to get to the poor section

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #660622

I don't see any problem with the Luxury either. Each shuttle has their own thing going for them and that's also true for Luxury. Also antags being unable to leave the shuttle as a couple of flying tiles from time time is good.

Fuck da poors.

Hoxha
Byond Username: Haddam Sussein

Post by Hoxha » #660640

might just be me but it doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of room in first class