Removed feature mourning thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Removed feature mourning thread

Post by The Wrench » #662282

Bottom post of the previous page:

Let's all take a moment to reflect on the features of the sandbox of the past that made the game exciting to you.

I will go first and say Nanites, they were busted, but they were dynamic and helped counter the bullshit that was early wounds.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Re: Removed feature mourning thread

Post by MooCow12 » #662615

BrianBackslide wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:46 pm
Old Cryo. (Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to force atmos into it, and then force you to be asleep for it to work?)
Funfact, cryoxadone always had a healing modifier if the person being healed by it was asleep so there was already a reason to want someone to be asleep when they were cryo`d but ghilker decided that wasnt enough (or he literally just didn`t know how cryoxadone worked) and went as far as breaking lumi slime person`s dark blue minor ability by making it so you have to be asleep to benefit at all from it, just to enforce his n2o cryotube gimmick.

Just ask xenobio for some slime jelly you can even make pyroxadone at round start, then heat cryotubes up, you dont need to be asleep to heal from pyroxadone but you do heal extra fast if youre on fire.

Prolly just a 95 pyroxadone 5 chloraltrifluide cryotube mix will do, just strip people naked before putting them in cryo.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #662624

translocated vet my friend, where are you in my hour of need? I just got pwned by antags and need a free human respawn with which to deny greentext
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Drag
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #662625

Pre experisci and old cryo my beloved
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #662628

I will always miss singulo and tesloose...those were good times in cargo, genuinely.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #662631

MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:26 am went as far as breaking lumi slime person`s dark blue minor ability by making it so you have to be asleep to benefit at all from it, just to enforce his n2o cryotube gimmick.
I think that this is an oversight, not a deliberate 'fuck you' from ghilk. A lot of stuff is overlooked at times, and xenobio is especially a bad culprit for this due to how much it relies on other bits and pieces in the game. If you see something like this, consider putting up a issue report, it might get resolved.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #662723

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:25 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:26 am went as far as breaking lumi slime person`s dark blue minor ability by making it so you have to be asleep to benefit at all from it, just to enforce his n2o cryotube gimmick.
I think that this is an oversight, not a deliberate 'fuck you' from ghilk. A lot of stuff is overlooked at times, and xenobio is especially a bad culprit for this due to how much it relies on other bits and pieces in the game. If you see something like this, consider putting up a issue report, it might get resolved.
no it was pointed out in the pull request quite some time before it was merged.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #662759

Nanites my beloved :(

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #662845

WHY DID YOU REMOVE VR BEFORE I EVEN PLAYED /TG/ YOU MAD CODERS!!
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #662879

this didn't get merged in the first place but i really wanted to see text to speech, i never managed to catch any of the testmerges
different voices would've been such a cool way to give characters more personality
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #662884

kawoppi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:14 pm this didn't get merged in the first place but i really wanted to see text to speech, i never managed to catch any of the testmerges
different voices would've been such a cool way to give characters more personality
Nah, you didn't miss a thing, it sounded annoying and very unnatural, nothing immersive about it on the state it was tested, sounded like a bad meme.

Maybe we get something similar but more refined in the future.

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #662885

Epicgamer545 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:06 am WHY DID YOU REMOVE VR BEFORE I EVEN PLAYED /TG/ YOU MAD CODERS!!
I wonder if its more doable now. But trust me, VR was pretty boring, you didn't miss much.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #662886

NecromancerAnne wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:52 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:06 am WHY DID YOU REMOVE VR BEFORE I EVEN PLAYED /TG/ YOU MAD CODERS!!
I wonder if its more doable now. But trust me, VR was pretty boring, you didn't miss much.
It had potential. I could feel it.

THINK OF THE EVENTS YOU COULD DO WITH IT.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler