Based and redpilled PR

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Based and redpilled PR

Post by toemas » #666357

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Based and redpilled PR

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #666358

Everyone in that thread forgets disablers (normal-sized item, can fit in your bag) (20 shots) (30 stam on hit) exist
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #666368

The single best PR I have ever seen
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #666371

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:33 am Everyone in that thread forgets disablers (normal-sized item, can fit in your bag) (20 shots) (30 stam on hit) exist
Honestly I feel like disablers would be used more if they sounded remotely satisfying. The rare occasions I use it make me sound like I'm shooting one of these.

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #666372

I'm very excited to see the Absolutely Unforeseeable Repercussions this will have, such as: Security just beating people. The AI being given Law 4: Security does not harm humans. Red Alert being made at the moment the Blue Alert goes out.

Mild sass aside, there are a lot of times and places where a Disabler just doesn't work, and I feel like this really will hinder Security's ability to do their basic jobs.

But on the flipside, it might cause more people to be actually willing to surrender, which would be pretty neat, honestly, so I'm curious to at least see it testmerged, even if I'm hesitant to see it fully merged.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #666373

Baseball bat meta has begun
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #666377

fwiw i think sec just beating the shit out of people is funny too even if it causes me an administrative nightmare
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
toemas

Post by toemas » #666378

it got merged. BASED!!!!
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #666379

im so ready for blue alert spearsec
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #666380

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:26 am fwiw i think sec just beating the shit out of people is funny too even if it causes me an administrative nightmare
This PR shouldn't have been merged in such an incomplete state.

They should've updated the SecMasks to scream Cloaker quotes from Payday 2. "STOP HITTING YOURSELF! STOP HITTING YOURSELF!" "YOU CALL THIS 'RESISTING ARREST'?"
toemas

Post by toemas » #666381

There have been like 20 proposed stunbaton nerfs that were better that got closed
toemas

Post by toemas » #666382

this is just a useful test, and not a permanent feature (if it isnt a troll change)
Last edited by toemas on Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #666383

Frankly would had just preferred if they made it stun batons dont 2 stun people anymore instead of making them useless. I dont see making 1 item completely useless inless station gets put in red alert a good situation. But a stun baton nerf is still overall good for the game
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #666391

Weren't we in a feature freeze? What the fuck

EDIT:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... 8c54b95ab5
Other citrus person reverted it. Ong 🙏
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #666444

what an odd and experimental way to change stunbatons
oh well, not complaining, means i get to use spears for once
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #666446

anyways if this is here to stay somebody should code it so emags allow syndicate agents to use the baton during any alert
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666447

Ohw it was a joke.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #666448

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:33 am Everyone in that thread forgets disablers (normal-sized item, can fit in your bag) (20 shots) (30 stam on hit) exist
sounds like sleeping carp is OP now because sec has no way to stun a criminal that has a mask, sunglasses and sleeping carp
also shotgun meta is coming back since beanbags stun in 2 hit
now there is no reason not to use telescopic batons over stun batons, as if there was one before
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.