Disposal TTV wars. Fucked up.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Disposal TTV wars. Fucked up.

Post by Turbonerd » #666199

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33429

The note is inaccurate. That's not a maxcap. A maxcap is 5, 10, 20. Also how do you not reach the maxcap with superheated plasma? Some serious skill issue there.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Re: Disposal TTV wars. Fucked up.

Post by BlueMemesauce » #666206

Absolutely the captain's fault. You can defuse TTVs instantly by clicking on them and taking off the tanks. Or if he didn't know how to do that he could have thrown it into the prison instead of in disposals towards a populated area. How is it his fault that the Captain decided to send it towards a populated area?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #666208

Harricross has been dishing out some outta pocket stuff recently. Assuming the bomb was a maxcap is kinda lame.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #666212

Assuming the bomb was a maxcap doesn't really mean anything, especially since he put the stats of the bomb in the note. Maxcap has basically just become a synoynm for TTV bomb.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #666214

Not going to touch on the actual appeal or its merits here but...

Harri is the most active Manuel admin.

Its pretty rad that they included the bomb stats and its close enough to being a max cap that who cares if its off a little. Still a big bomb.

Honestly its super funny that they managed to bomb AND end their own revolution through a series of unfortunate events. Dude played a dangerous game by choosing to use an incorrectly set timer on an otherwise ingenious idea. I respect the decision to try it. Disposals bombing is hard to get right and takes a lot of practice and knowledge. Its SUPER comical that it almost got sent back.
Hugs
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #666225

The captain responsible for the well-being of the entire station happens to come across a bomb that he can instantly defuse, but instead decides to flush it back down the pipes and blows up an entire hospital, killing everyone.
A true SS13 experience, well played everyone.

With impressed regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #666235

We keep seeing these manuel appeals and it continues to reinforce why I stopped playing there. Any attempts at creativity or fun are met with bans and notes. I love the story this event tells and hate that it somehow required admin intervention. More stories = good. Honestly I think the captain is more responsible for the medbay bombing than the scientist. Captain was the one that took ownership of the bomb and decided to irresponsibly put it back in the disposal system. Not that I think he should get noted either.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666253

Wtf do these admins even play SS13 for?

This is one of the most epic things that can happen in the game.

If you don't think this is peak SS13 then honestly why the fuck even play the game.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #666254

"A game where you and many other real, living people with questionable social intelligence roleplay together on the worst space station in the universe.

Where aliens, shapeshifters and traitors working for rival corporations are the least of your concern.

Where the greatest threat to your own existence are your own crew members."
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #666258

nevermind
Last edited by kayozz on Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #666260

I saw a discussion in the Manuel discord and it had a very different opinion about this note. Most people there thought that: Yeah, the team antag that killed their team should get a note. If they made a device that ends up (even by accident) killing the team, they broke rules and should have the note.

There was one person that thought otherwise but mostly that was the sentiment. I personally am on the fence, as I believe notes are important to have. There was a bwoink or two that I have had that I think I should have had a note for, but didn't. But maybe that's just because people think notes are some evil thing that means BIG BAD or something. I am fine with having a note for a failed execution of a bomb. But it needs to be done consistently between all players.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #666261

Hilarious.

If I were the admin in this situation I would most probably let him off with a talking to. There’s no way to perfectly nail a TTV bombing, so everyone makes mistakes now and then. What’s important is to learn from it.

Just like fluke ops, everyone has their fair share of mistakes. And learning from them is enough.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #666262

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:20 pm Harri is the most active Manuel admin.
That's an excellent reason to not play there outta fear of getting notes for making a mistake.

Noting someone for being dumb is cringe af.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #666265

I'm not an mrp player- I'll be forthcoming. However, moments like this are why I play ss13! It's so funny to see your miraculous plan fall apart because of the contribution of others- I dunno, I would really love to see genuine mistakes or funny occurrences not punished. It would add so much more to the roleplaying if people weren't afraid to take risks.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #666267

haricross needs a vacation
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #666270

Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:04 pm Hilarious.

If I were the admin in this situation I would most probably let him off with a talking to. There’s no way to perfectly nail a TTV bombing, so everyone makes mistakes now and then. What’s important is to learn from it.

Just like fluke ops, everyone has their fair share of mistakes. And learning from them is enough.
Is it common practice to not put a note for a rule break if they seem to learn from the talking to? I can't remember most of the bwoinks I have had in the past, but I think I learned from them? Not sure sometimes I'd like to be able to see what I have done wrong months later so I can remember it. But that is probably something most players do NOT want.
(Watch me get notes from now on after this lol)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #666274

Constellado wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:24 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:04 pm Hilarious.

Is it common practice to not put a note for a rule break if they seem to learn from the talking to? I can't remember most of the bwoinks I have had in the past, but I think I learned from them? Not sure sometimes I'd like to be able to see what I have done wrong months later so I can remember it. But that is probably something most players do NOT want.
(Watch me get notes from now on after this lol)
It depends on the admin. There is no “common practice” and admins can place notes on their own choice, given that it is true and reasonable.

I just think a case like this doesn’t deserve a note. While others think it should deserve one, I feel as if this was a good faith mistake; nobody was wrong in this situation. Perhaps I’m being too laid back, but, it’s better to focus on the player rather than the punishment.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #666277

was it so hard to toss it into maintenance behind sec instead of mailing it to the brig?
or get a spacesuit and leave it outside by sec?
manual delivery is probably the best way to place a bomb.
ed: the only person in the wrong here is the captain. literally remove any component and the bomb stops functioning.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666280

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:01 pm was it so hard to toss it into maintenance behind sec instead of mailing it to the brig?
ed: the only person in the wrong here is the captain. literally remove any component and the bomb stops functioning.
Nobody is in the wrong. Shoving a bomb back is a natural reaction.

The mentality that not playing optimally is "wrong" needs to die.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #666287

CPTANT wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:06 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:01 pm was it so hard to toss it into maintenance behind sec instead of mailing it to the brig?

at best the captain didn't know the basics of how bombs work and wanted to not explode. ok.
at worst, the captain willfully bombed a different section of the station because he didn't want to hang out in deadchat for a bit. There are so many other options to deal with this issue that shoving the bomb back down disposals is basically a non-option.
He was the captain and probably had a hand teleporter, and could've sent it to a reliable part of the station(usually the bridge, which very few people inhabit).
Even if the handtele didn't have a destination, he could've tried to make a portal to the outside and tossed it out of the station that way; risky, but more likely to succeed than going for the airlock.
If he didn't have the handtele, he could've booked it towards a security airlock and tossed it outside, at least attempting to get the bomb off the station before it exploded. The fact that it made it down the loop to medbay means that he had at least five to ten seconds left on that thing.
Or he could've interacted with the bomb's timer and turned it off/extended it without removing it to buy time for other bomb disposal solutions.
Just because he doesn't have to play optimally doesn't mean he has to play in the worst way possible that just happens to result in a bomb exploding in a heavily trafficked area.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #666298

Between the result of the Maia appeal and this I'm turning off playing antagonist on Manuel, jesus fucking christ.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666303

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:31 pm
CPTANT wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:06 pm

at best the captain didn't know the basics of how bombs work and wanted to not explode. ok.
at worst, the captain willfully bombed a different section of the station because he didn't want to hang out in deadchat for a bit. There are so many other options to deal with this issue that shoving the bomb back down disposals is basically a non-option.
He was the captain and probably had a hand teleporter, and could've sent it to a reliable part of the station(usually the bridge, which very few people inhabit).
Even if the handtele didn't have a destination, he could've tried to make a portal to the outside and tossed it out of the station that way; risky, but more likely to succeed than going for the airlock.
If he didn't have the handtele, he could've booked it towards a security airlock and tossed it outside, at least attempting to get the bomb off the station before it exploded. The fact that it made it down the loop to medbay means that he had at least five to ten seconds left on that thing.
Or he could've interacted with the bomb's timer and turned it off/extended it without removing it to buy time for other bomb disposal solutions.
Just because he doesn't have to play optimally doesn't mean he has to play in the worst way possible that just happens to result in a bomb exploding in a heavily trafficked area.
lmao wilfully. Dude just saw a bomb and thought "NOPE".
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #666304

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:04 pm Between the result of the Maia appeal and this I'm turning off playing antagonist on Manuel, jesus fucking christ.
A.) Not gonna stop you from becoming rev.
B.) What do those two bans have in common? ;)
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #666305

Reading the first half of this note was actually hilarious, really great "only in SS13 moment". Unfortunately the second half of the note was not.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #666307

vect0r wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:16 pm
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:04 pm Between the result of the Maia appeal and this I'm turning off playing antagonist on Manuel, jesus fucking christ.
A.) Not gonna stop you from becoming rev.
B.) What do those two bans have in common? ;)
Literally just gonna ghost when I get rev, I usually flood the brig because I main atmos tech when I get rev. I'm not going to take liability for someone running off with the plasma can or something, fuck that.

Gonna ghost if I get culted now too.
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #666310

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:31 pm blah blah
Have you considered that other people don't think play/behave/act the same as you? Your solutions to the problem are not concrete and merely highlight some examples of what could have been done, rather than what should have been done.
For all we know the Cap might have panicked or thought he had enough time to flush it down disposals or may not know how to properly interact with bombs or how to dissasemble them.

Should I judge you when you make a mistake that I or anyone else could have handled better?
That's not how this game works. The whole game is based around hilarious/dramatic circumstances/accidents/threats and crew interaction.

Should we just remove toxins from the game just in case someone accidentally kills an innocent. May aswell remove atmos, chemistry, viro and the SM too?
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #666317

kayozz wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:30 pm For all we know the Cap might have panicked or thought he had enough time to flush it down disposals or may not know how to properly interact with bombs or how to dissasemble them.
He knew enough to know it was a bomb and to get rid of it immediately. Disposals doesn't automatically get rid of stuff unless it's set up to, though; that bomb still would have gone off in a potentially populated area no matter how much time was left.
Should I judge you when you make a mistake that I or anyone else could have handled better?
With my ridiculous amount of playtime, making simple mistakes like this? Yes. I'd expect everyone to publicly judge me.
The whole game is based around hilarious/dramatic circumstances/accidents/threats and crew interaction.
The best entertainment we get out of a bomb going off in the wrong place is a lot of deadchat salt and a called shuttle, the latter of which entertains nobody by itself- especially if the revolution's still active.
Should we just remove toxins from the game just in case someone accidentally kills an innocent. May aswell remove atmos, chemistry, viro and the SM too?
I agree with one of those removals in particular, but no, I never suggested this. I have a grudge against virology.
I'm just one of those weird people who think that the captain should be held to a higher standard and, while they might not need to know how to make a bomb, should at least know the basics of how they work enough to try and toss it out of the nearest airlock instead of keeping it on the station.

Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #666319

Frankly this is really fucking funny and no one should get punished for this. Both players acted within their own character motives and sure dude should had maybe just used a remote instead of a timer but theres no fun in playing perfectly within the meta same goes for playing perfectly in the rules. If anything its the captains fault for not disarming it properly and if it didn't blow up a head rev I feel like we would see the captain appealing this one instead.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666328

people are acting as if this is a huge deal. it’s just a note to remind the player that if they make a bomb and toss it out blindly with a timer then they carry some of the responsibility.

the situation is hilarious and i think that the note should be edited to reflect that it’s VERY funny and in the spirit of the game. other than that i think it is reasonable to place notes on people that inadvertently bomb their own teammates to kingdom come. lol
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666329

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:25 pm people are acting as if this is a huge deal. it’s just a note to remind the player that if they make a bomb and toss it out blindly with a timer then they carry some of the responsibility.

the situation is hilarious and i think that the note should be edited to reflect that it’s VERY funny and in the spirit of the game. other than that i think it is reasonable to place notes on people that inadvertently bomb their own teammates to kingdom come. lol
No, notes are a punishment and always indicate that the noted behaviour is unacceptable and that you will get punished more severely for repeats.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666330

CPTANT wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:27 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:25 pm people are acting as if this is a huge deal. it’s just a note to remind the player that if they make a bomb and toss it out blindly with a timer then they carry some of the responsibility.

No, notes are a punishment and always indicate that the noted behaviour is unacceptable and that you will get punished more severely for repeats.
yes and i hope to god we make sure players arent making it a habit to blow their teammates to kingdom come. even if i think it’s strikingly hilarious. if we don’t note people the first time they make a mistake like this then that means we are banning them
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666331

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:29 pm
CPTANT wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:27 pm

yes and i hope to god we make sure players arent making it a habit to blow their teammates to kingdom come. even if i think it’s strikingly hilarious. if we don’t note people the first time they make a mistake like this then that means we are banning them
They didn't even do that. The captain blew up the revs.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #666343

I always thought the "you are responsible for the bombs you placed" thing was more in the line of "If you put a bomb in a populated place and end up killing 20 people when you were trying to get a single person, then that's on you." or "If you leave a maxcap on a desk and a clown comes by and blows it up that's your fault." This is an absolutely baffling note. I had to do a double take because I thought it was a case where someone teamkilled their own team intentionally and not that the Captain reverse uno carded their bomb. (in admittedly the most reckless way possible but it's 100% what I would have done while panicking) Noting the captain for reckless behavior and unintentionally bombing loyalist crew would have made more sense (but still would have been stupid)

Is something in the water that is making the admins/headmins are give out absolutely absurd notes/bans and then taking one business week to respond to them when they are 100% open and shut? These last two months have felt chock full of stupid notes and bans that are peak IC issue.

Sometimes you just die because you were in the wrong spot. It happens, it sucks, but sometimes you literally could not have done anything more correctly, and you still die.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666344

The idea that you are responsible for what the person you are attacking does with the bomb is quite baffling. Would they also have been responsible if they put the bomb on the ground and the captain picked it up and put it in disposals?
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #666350

CPTANT wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:23 pm The idea that you are responsible for what the person you are attacking does with the bomb is quite baffling. Would they also have been responsible if they put the bomb on the ground and the captain picked it up and put it in disposals?
Yeah, the captain was literally a target here, and foiled the attack by flushing it. How is this a rulebreak for anyone involved (except maybe the captain, who sent a huge bomb on a roller coaster ride *back* through the station, and even then, come on)
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #666443

Another trash tier response. Don't these admins think what their replies even mean?

This one just means bombing isn't allowed on Manual even as an antag.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #666445

this note has some true ss13 spirit

it’s always hilarious when everybody makes the wrong choices
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #666451

This entire situation honestly sounds hilarious I'm sad there was a note involved
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #666476

My usual opinion of bombs is 'if it goes wicked bad, it should be on your head when it does', because bombs are kind of that powerful, you should maybe think twice before using them and their use should be more strictly moderated than other methods of grand sabotage. That's maybe contradicting my previous opinions of letting things go wicked bad sometimes, but I was playing in a period where people suicide bombed antags for some pretty unhinged reasons, regardless of collateral, because of how hard they beat out threats in an instant, and bombs have only become stronger since then. They can be a bit...antifun if taken too extremes. All things in moderation.

However, I also believe in the 'if its funny its fine' rule and I think the captain flushing a bomb into the trash is hilariously funny for how well it worked out for them.

I am also understanding of admins being overworked in a situation where they are flying solo. I've also been there. But that's why appeals exist if things maybe panned out poorly.

I think maybe this is where discussion methodology is important in an investigation. If the person is being contradictory, what questions are you asking, and what answers are you expecting? Are they trying to mislead you, or are you asking the wrong questions? Are you leading the questions, or keeping it broad enough to let them fill in? Arryou being accusatory or are you addressing someone neutrally. Is it possible for them to have gained information after the incident but before the bwoink (like the bomb being in medbay at the point of detonation, which seems impossible for him to have known like come on it's in the disposal pipes those have to circle the whole station and nobody could estimate those exact timings).

I have to wonder how Harricross is going about this process. And this is something I especially relate too, as I had a known habit of being almost inquisitorial in my admin conduct that made people genuinely think I was being rude towards them. You just don't know how much tone matters here.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #666478

The physical comedy of a captain seeing a literal ticking time bomb pop out of disposals, their eyes bugging out and then slamming it back into the evil pit from whence it came in an absolute panic only for it to bomb medbay of all places is just poetic. It also ended a revs round which deserves a medal in and of itself. Can you imagine being in the position of that captain, making a reflexive decision like that, realizing what you just did, thinking you've fucked up, and then getting the revolution failed screen? It's worth eating the ban as the atmos just to be able to say you caused that story. I am in awe.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #666541

I'm gonna be honest I think this is perfectly fine. When you use an imprecise system like mail + timer for a large bomb to try and kill someone, you kinda have to take the L if that bomb goes astray and blows up someone you arent allowed to blow up.

This isn't even a ban, and the note is important reference for if the player has more incidents with hilarious bomb consequences later down the line.

edit: to be clear I think it was a clever plan from the scientist and a funny panic response from the captain with a hilarious outcome, but its worth putting a pin in the bomb history of the bomb-maker imo
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #666592

If you throw a grenade at the captain and they throw it back and kill a headrev, would you be banned? Would you even be noted? I doubt it.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #666604

Honestly mailing a bomb to the hos is absolutely hilarious and it going wrong is even more hilarious. It's funny and in spirit of the game and unless the player has a history of overkill I wouldn't note the player.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #666633

mrp admin on mrp

even if it doesnt make sense to us, maybe it does to them? idk
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #666648

Funny moment why ban
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #666650

It's such a classic and funny ss13 moment. I see how it got noted as it was a rule break and it was factually accurate. As a headmin you can't really overturn something like that. Yet at the same time, I feel like we should be hiring the types of admins that know to let such an incident slide because it's funny.

One of the key arguments I see here is that the scientist chose an inaccurate way of delivering the bomb with the timer/disposals mailing. It's a fine line, you can't really punish someone for inoptimal gameplay. Would the captain have been punished if he threw the bomb down disposals and it killed the CE and twelve innocents instead?

I personally don't see this note as a big deal either way though. The scientist likely learned his lesson on inaccurate bombing methods as a team antag, and it shouldn't happen again. It's funny if it happens once in a while, but when it starts happening multiple times, it turns into willful negligence or deliberate grief. Personally I'd make it expire after a couple months if I were to give such a note. I also find it kinda funny that someone got a 4 day ban for a small plasma leak from a botched execution which killed no one, and a bombing which teamkilled the most important guy on the team plus six others netted a note.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #666661

A prime candidate for the secret rule, but in the end it's admin's choice. Minor note is reasonable.
► Show Spoiler