/Tg/ Offical warhammer 40k enjoyers thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

/Tg/ Offical warhammer 40k enjoyers thread

Post by TheRex9001 » #677623

Where are the 40 thousand warhammers? Who is James Workshop? What happened to sanginius? Why is Horus infront of me? All this and more on tonights thread
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: /Tg/ Offical warhammer 40k enjoyers thread

Post by conrad » #677627

Do I play the Wargame? Nope
Do I play the vydia? Sometimes.

Am I a silicon main? Yes. Hence why I fucking LOVE the skitari and necron aesthetic.
► Show Spoiler
Robots are cool.
I play the old man Ricky Paxton, and sometimes the borg Z.E.E.P.
Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #677628

i still dont even understand warhammer but i always enjoyed the giant goofy spacesuit soldiers fighting monsters art
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #677632

1678743893057104.jpg
Original clown ops
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #677635

conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:52 pm Do I play the Wargame? Nope
Do I play the vydia? Sometimes.

Am I a silicon main? Yes. Hence why I fucking LOVE the skitari and necron aesthetic.
► Show Spoiler
Robots are cool.
Man I love the necrons........Most likely my favorite sci fi faction of all time
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #677640

It's cool. I want to paint minis because it looks fun but I don't really want to play the tabletop all that much. It's so prohibitively expensive to get into though, I wanted to buy a few books that interested me and they're out of print without a digital version with the only way to read them being 60 dollar audio books.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #677643

Cheshify wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:43 pm It's cool. I want to paint minis because it looks fun but I don't really want to play the tabletop all that much. It's so prohibitively expensive to get into though, I wanted to buy a few books that interested me and they're out of print without a digital version with the only way to read them being 60 dollar audio books.
Yeah it kinda sucks, I can really recommend some of the inprint books like infinate and the divine. Most hobby stores have a copy (at least in my country)
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #677649

I don't play the game but I do buy cheap kits on Ebay and kitbash them into horrific abombinations. It's great fun really.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #677658

I have a decent admech army, nid army, knight and some misc space marine things
40k is real good fun
I reccomend adeptus ridic if you want to get into the lore, its a good podcast for total beginners because its 1 knowledgable person talking to a newbie about a lore topic
respect (let him do his thing)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #677659

kinnebian wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:39 pm I have a decent admech army, nid army, knight and some misc space marine things
40k is real good fun
I reccomend adeptus ridic if you want to get into the lore, its a good podcast for total beginners because its 1 knowledgable person talking to a newbie about a lore topic
Adeptus ridiculus and just brickys own channel both have some really good videos. GW also has a really good recent one
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #677660

kinnebian wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:39 pm I have a decent admech army, nid army, knight and some misc space marine things
40k is real good fun
Adeptus ridiculus and just brickys own channel both have some really good videos. GW also has a really good recent one
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #677700

For lore, I like Luetin09, he has this amazing speaking voice and he really gets you interested. I also suggest PancreasNoWork for shorter comedic videos on tabletop army overviews.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #677779

Im trying to get myself to buy an army, but it costs so fucking much... But I regularly play RPGs from that universe, and I generally love the setting, with its many problems.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #677780

Kubisopplay wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:17 pm Im trying to get myself to buy an army, but it costs so fucking much... But I regularly play RPGs from that universe, and I generally love the setting, with its many problems.
For starting an army, I recommend splitting a box with a friend or buying some stuff on ebay. And dont rush it, armies are built over long ass periods of time and though it is very like stupid expensive if you enjoy painting/building it might be worth it
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #677801

i will nuke foreign nations (i am rats from warhammer 40k)
Armhulen wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:42 pm Thank you timonk sometimes you just need a timonk to jolt your CNS
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #677824

It's way too expensive for me to ever consider actually playing. I decided to get into it by just reading the Horus Heresy one day but it seems like there's nowhere else to go from there if I have nothing to do with the tabletop game.

Also, if anyone here is wanting to read the Horus Heresy series, skip Nemesis. It is my civic duty to inform you that you nothing of value is gained by reading it. The only good part is the subplot and I'm not sure that alone is enough to make it worth it. As far as you are concerned it just goes from #13 to #15.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #677837

3d printers, people.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #678030

NoxVS wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:59 am It's way too expensive for me to ever consider actually playing. I decided to get into it by just reading the Horus Heresy one day but it seems like there's nowhere else to go from there if I have nothing to do with the tabletop game.

Also, if anyone here is wanting to read the Horus Heresy series, skip Nemesis. It is my civic duty to inform you that you nothing of value is gained by reading it. The only good part is the subplot and I'm not sure that alone is enough to make it worth it. As far as you are concerned it just goes from #13 to #15.
I can really recommend some of the other book series like: Ciaphas Cain, Nightlords omnibus and the twice dead king. Especially the nightlords series, its really fucking good
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #678064

It's easier to get into if you buy a starter set with friends to get into at the same time. Then just build your army over time instead of looking for games with people that already have a 2k army. Or just play it on table top sim.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #678069

Rageguy505 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:39 pm It's easier to get into if you buy a starter set with friends to get into at the same time. Then just build your army over time instead of looking for games with people that already have a 2k army. Or just play it on table top sim.
I can recommend playing on table top sim if you just wanna play 40k for the table top, personally I really like painting/basing minis but others dont and thats fine
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #678254

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:44 am 3d printers, people.
See my concern is it may actually be cheaper to just do it as intended and buy the models rather than buy and setup a 3d printer.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #678257

NoxVS wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:32 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:44 am 3d printers, people.
See my concern is it may actually be cheaper to just do it as intended and buy the models rather than buy and setup a 3d printer.
If you bother setting up a printer you'll probably be incentivized (apparently this isn't a real word?) to make more than one army. I guess the question is how much does the filament cost? Seems hard to believe when a dreadnought costs $100.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #678260

https://a.co/d/1WyK71t
This for example is like $350 so it probably pays for itself after one or two armies. But I don't know what the resin costs are.
I'm so ignorant about printing that I forgot they moved on from extruding filaments to using resin and lamps for the higher end stuff.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #678262

3D printing a warhammer army would mean using a resin printer (Uv is too expensive if you are doing bulk and large) and its still very expensive. It also has the downside of taking a lot of time and using a resin printer also means you have to deal with the fumes from one. Also if you ever decide you really love 40k you cant play in most tournaments since your models are not offical, unless your store is pretty nice.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #678266

What if you just want to paint and display figurines though
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #678270

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:44 am What if you just want to paint and display figurines though
I would say go for it if you have a 3d printer, otherwise I would just buy models even if its more expensive over time. 3D printers that produce good miniatures that are fun to paint are pretty expensive.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #678277

What about the official games workshop paint. Do they sell $50 brushes too?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #678278

Games Workshop brushes aren't anything special in terms of quality but theyre about the only product they sell that isn't pricegougey, probbably because people have a better idea of the value of a brush.
Last edited by Not-Dorsidarf on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #678279

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:58 am What about the official games workshop paint. Do they sell $50 brushes too?
Games workshop citadel paint is good, but expensive. I dont recommend their brushes like at all since most other (Vallejo, army painter etc.) Sell better and cheaper brushes
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #678280

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:58 am What about the official games workshop paint. Do they sell $50 brushes too?
Games workshop citadel paint is good, but expensive. I dont recommend their brushes like at all since most other (Vallejo, army painter etc.) Sell better and cheaper brushes