I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade

Post by Armhulen » #681943

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=681940#p681940

I dunno, I could go either way on this
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade

Post by datorangebottle » #682090

ekaterina wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:02 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:03 pm The way it works is that every head only has as much authority as the person below them allows them to have (...) The HoS has less actual authority than the captain; ALL of his direct subordinates can take him down with two clicks roundstart, and the warden even has an advantage over him in close combat. The captain beats all other heads with a massive gear advantage, and ties with the HoS at worst.
This ends up not being true in part because of what you say at the start, and in part because of security metaprotections. There's a higher level of expectation for security not abusing its superior gear to blatantly self-antag, and this includes attacking your own head randomly. In addition, security players generally understand that security forms a team and that we should be looking out for each other. This is compounded by the fact that security officers cannot be antagonists at round start, adding to that trust and sense of being on the same team. There are exceptions and problematic players, but this is the general rule in my experience. It might also have to do with the (correct) understanding that security is a paramilitary force, which makes its hierarchy more relevant for RP than in other departments.
The point was that the HoS, in reality, has less authority than the captain does because at any point one of the people he has that authority over can click him twice with the stun baton that they start the round with and he loses all of it. No amount of departmental unity, actual or imagined, will change that. It takes vastly more effort for any non-security role to overthrow the captain than it takes for any security officer to overthrow the head of security. The officers are not obligated to respect the HoS out of gear, and are fully capable of overriding his decisions if they want to.
The Captain also gets the same metaprotections, inability to be antagonists, and higher expectations. The only difference is that you seem to arbitrarily justify disobeying the captain. They should, in theory, be working with and be almost as reliant on the security team as the HoS is.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #682099

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm The point was that the HoS, in reality, has less authority than the captain does because at any point one of the people he has that authority over can click him twice with the stun baton that they start the round with and he loses all of it.
You are conflating authority with (relative) robustness. They are not the same. Authority is the power to command. If the security officers willingly listen to the HOS' orders without coercion on his part, he has authority even with a minute gap in equipment strength. Not all power derives from fear.
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm The Captain also gets the same metaprotections, inability to be antagonists, and higher expectations. The only difference is that you seem to arbitrarily justify disobeying the captain.
No, he really doesn't. Meme captains are a dime a dozen. Have you ever seen a meme HOS?
I'm not justifying disobeying the captain just because, I am justifying disobeying retarded orders. This goes regardless of whether they come from the captain, the HoS, or the warden.
If the captain, or the HoS, orders you to kill a random assistant for trespassing in botany, do you not think it is correct to disobey this?
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm They should, in theory, be working with and be almost as reliant on the security team as the HoS is.
Capcurity? Really?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #682102

I have seen a meme HOS. They tried to shut me down for stopping human harm, and brokered a deal with a tot for EMP nades. It was a few months ago, and was pretty funny.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682105

ekaterina wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:16 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm The point was that the HoS, in reality, has less authority than the captain does because at any point one of the people he has that authority over can click him twice with the stun baton that they start the round with and he loses all of it.
You are conflating authority with (relative) robustness. They are not the same. Authority is the power to command. If the security officers willingly listen to the HOS' orders without coercion on his part, he has authority even with a minute gap in equipment strength. Not all power derives from fear.
Except, on the LRP servers, they are exactly the same. People are only required to respect you as far as they can throw you, and a baton takes quite a few feet off of that distance.
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm The Captain also gets the same metaprotections, inability to be antagonists, and higher expectations. The only difference is that you seem to arbitrarily justify disobeying the captain.
No, he really doesn't.
Hm. Maybe I'm misremembering, because I remember a headmin ruling saying specifically that heads of staff acting like security shared their metaprotections. Their standards are applied to anyone who acts as security, but that's a much looser thing and not satisfying enough for the sake of the argument.
Meme captains are a dime a dozen. Have you ever seen a meme HOS?
At least once, yes. And for every meme captain, there's a serious no-fun-allowed captain. There's a lot of variety among captain players, from your Old Johnsons to your Lisa Greens.
I'm not justifying disobeying the captain just because, I am justifying disobeying retarded orders. This goes regardless of whether they come from the captain, the HoS, or the warden.
If the captain, or the HoS, orders you to kill a random assistant for trespassing in botany, do you not think it is correct to disobey this?
For the first point: that's a good thing to clarify and I wish you'd said it earlier.
For the second: I would adminhelp it and disregard it as a blatantly unreasonable sentence. I find it's better to let the admins deal with shitters that would do things like that than try and take it into my own hands. I can't do anything in-character that won't be undone by the escape shuttle.
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:28 pm They should, in theory, be working with and be almost as reliant on the security team as the HoS is.
Capcurity? Really?
Yup. He shouldn't be charging in to do the arrests personally and stealing their job content, but he should be enabling them to do so where he can, whether that's by opening doors, modifying the AI's laws to fit the situation and let them work together better, kicking cargo in the ass so they order more gun crates, etc.
Then again, I'm an oddball who thinks the Captain should be what keeps all the departments working together. The heads are there to manage their own departments, they shouldn't have to worry about what the other heads are doing- that's the Cap's job.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #682106

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:06 pm Except, on the LRP servers, they are exactly the same. People are only required to respect you as far as they can throw you, and a baton takes quite a few feet off of that distance.
I've played hos enough on lrp that I don't think this is an issue. I don't think I got couped once and I'm unrobust. Sec is all on the same team, and hos (at least how I play it) just reaffirms punishments and directs sec officers where to go. Most of the time I'm just updating sec records and watching cameras or checking in on the captain. You have to be really bad at hos to get the sec officers against you because to a certain extent you're just a rubber stamp for what they do.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #682110

This is a good ending!
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #682112

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:06 pm
At least once, yes. And for every meme captain, there's a serious no-fun-allowed captain. There's a lot of variety among captain players, from your Old Johnsons to your Lisa Greens.
dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:15 pm I've played hos enough on lrp that I don't think this is an issue. I don't think I got couped once and I'm unrobust. Sec is all on the same team, and hos (at least how I play it) just reaffirms punishments and directs sec officers where to go. Most of the time I'm just updating sec records and watching cameras or checking in on the captain. You have to be really bad at hos to get the sec officers against you because to a certain extent you're just a rubber stamp for what they do.
i dont think "bad" HOS's become victims of mutiny, more so the ones that way too engaged with sec and in a way that alienates the rest of the team. You can be a decent-good HOS but on lrp even simple disagreements can turn to one party stunning or shooting the other once and then all bets are off and two otherwise logical security members are overcome by ignorance
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #682113

Well that's your first problem. Never disagree with the sec officers.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682114

TheLoLSwat wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:08 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:06 pm
Because you're a pretty no-nonsense pro-sec captain from what I can tell.
Whereas Old Johnson is absolutely a meme character that tries to be taken seriously, but I love him.

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #682115

bro wtf is going on in this thread you’re gonna have to pay me like 100 dollars to read any of this shit
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #682116

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:23 pm bro wtf is going on in this thread you’re gonna have to pay me like 100 dollars to read any of this shit
*doesn't pay you anything*

Now you can't read anything forever!!!!!

With devilish regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682117

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:23 pm bro wtf is going on in this thread you’re gonna have to pay me like 100 dollars to read any of this shit
tl;dr of the appeal relevant stuff: zyb didn't read the part in the headmin rulings where it said "if you torture people instead of giving them sane prison sentences, they're allowed to kill you in revenge", and the admin didn't realize either but is apologetic.
tl;dr of me and ekaterina: words. words. yep yep yep yepyepyepyepyepyepyep
BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:26 pm With devilish regards
-BONERMASTER
HOLY SHIT HE'S BROKEN OUT OF JAIL-
With interrupted regards
-datorangebottle

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #682118

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:29 pm
tl;dr of the appeal relevant stuff: zyb didn't read the part in the headmin rulings where it said "if you torture people instead of giving them sane prison sentences, they're allowed to kill you in revenge", and the admin didn't realize either but is apologetic.
tl;dr of me and ekaterina: words. words. yep yep yep yepyepyepyepyepyepyep
BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:26 pm With devilish regards
-BONERMASTER
HOLY SHIT HE'S BROKEN OUT OF JAIL-
With interrupted regards
-datorangebottle
well i would read this. but i can't. i simply cannot read anymore.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #682128

Zyb should be hop banned for ahelping that
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682566

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:08 am Zyb should be hop banned for ahelping that

My favorite part of the appeal is the Miracle of the Invisible Teleporting No Slips.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682568

Zybwivcz wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:44 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:08 am Zyb should be hop banned for ahelping that

My favorite part of the appeal is the Miracle of the Invisible Teleporting No Slips.
you a massive baby for doing that to him then ahelping when you got your comeuppance
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682572

Like, holy SHIT. You gave him a pig mask and broke his limbs with tabling for your own satisfaction, dragging him around for 10 minutes while he oinked and said you'd "stop when you got bored." Add 1000 pts gulag after for the icing on the cake. Then when he kills you, you have the audacity to ahelp it, thinking your actions didn't affect escalation? You are either a massive manchild or were banbaiting.

I would have killed you even leaving aside the gulagging. You don't get to torture someone and make them your little piggy torture slave and NOT get round removed for that, get real.
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #682576

Let's make hopcurity valid similar to talking mimes. Someone make the policy thread.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #682577

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 am Let's make hopcurity valid similar to talking mimes. Someone make the policy thread.
Sure, I'll do it later today.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682582

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 am Let's make hopcurity valid similar to talking mimes. Someone make the policy thread.
Post a link here when you do so I can ironically quote your "we want heads to take a more active role" posts in your "hops catching a tider committing multiple capital offenses in their office should just wander off through the gateway" policy thread.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #682584

Zybwivcz wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:00 am
Post a link here when you do so I can ironically quote your "we want heads to take a more active role" posts in your "hops catching a tider committing multiple capital offenses in their office should just wander off through the gateway" policy thread.
This is funny, but obviously he means a more active role in their jobs, not a more active role pretending to be security.

On a related note, he committed major crimes (red), not capital crimes (black). The fact that you didn't know this further exemplifies why HoPs shouldn't pretend to be security officers.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682588

Thinking heads taking an active role means conducting arrests + punishments + gulaggings is exactly why you should've been banned for evading rather than Saprasm getting noted here.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #682589

active role means getting more involved with your department, not parading someone around in cuffs instead of handing them to the warden

then again i don't know this guys history. if he's a lucy cicero then yeah, maybe they deserved it
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #682590

Hopcurity gaming.
Hugs
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #682595

>it was manley

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #682596

I do hopcurity a lot.

As a traitor.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682658

ekaterina wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:41 am On a related note, he committed major crimes (red), not capital crimes (black). The fact that you didn't know this further exemplifies why HoPs shouldn't pretend to be security officers.
Syndicate agents frequently attempt to steal cutting-edge technology. Examples include: intelligence or research samples, the Hand Teleporter, the Captain's Antique Laser, the Captain or the HoP's ID cards, or Mechs.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #682661

Zybwivcz wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:19 pm
ekaterina wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:41 am On a related note, he committed major crimes (red), not capital crimes (black). The fact that you didn't know this further exemplifies why HoPs shouldn't pretend to be security officers.
Syndicate agents frequently attempt to steal cutting-edge technology. Examples include: intelligence or research samples, the Hand Teleporter, the Captain's Antique Laser, the Captain or the HoP's ID cards, or Mechs.
Mostly we're criticizing you for ahelping it, zyb.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #682664

Zybwivcz wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:19 pm
I see how the wording "HoP's ID cards" could be confusing, but that means your ID card, not spare silver IDs. It was written back when the HoP's ID had the power to grant AA, hence its inclusion in grand theft. If stealing silver IDs constituted grand theft, not including actual head IDs but including empty silver IDs would make no sense.
As to the hand teleporter, I don't see how that's relevant. It wasn't stolen from you. You just said he had it, which doesn't mean he stole it. He could've taken it off a traitor, or he could've asked for it and gotten it.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #682666

THIS GUY JUST QUOTED SPACE LAW LIKE IT'S POLICY. EVERYONE! LAUGH AT EKAT!!
► Show Spoiler
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #682667

Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:51 pm
THIS GUY JUST QUOTED SPACE LAW LIKE IT'S POLICY. EVERYONE! LAUGH AT EKAT!!
THIS GUY IS COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS TO THE FACT THAT I WAS RESPONDING TO Zybwivcz BRINGING UP SPACE LAW! LAUGH AT VIRGINLEY!
Also I'm literally wearing red in my picture, how can you be this blind?
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #682674

why is this thread still semi active the note's been overturned for three days
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682681

My big dick energy thread title, saprasm. It works
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #682689

saprasam wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:27 pm why is this thread still semi active the note's been overturned for three days
Good news! Zyb poked his head into your appeal to give his 0.02c, so now I'm investigating him for evading his sec permaban via other roles in your appeal. How's that for some closure?
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682690

Code: Select all

2023-04-21 04:51:54 [mob_3768] (96,132,2) || Declan Stroble (zybwivcz) added Power and Engineering Equipment to an ID card belonging to Declan Stroble.
2023-04-21 04:51:57 [mob_3768] (96,132,2) || Declan Stroble (zybwivcz) added Security to an ID card belonging to Declan Stroble.
2023-04-21 04:51:58 [mob_3768] (96,132,2) || Declan Stroble (zybwivcz) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Declan Stroble.
2023-04-21 04:52:01 [mob_3768] (96,132,2) || Declan Stroble (zybwivcz) added Armory to an ID card belonging to Declan Stroble.
HOP """""""""""""""GAMEPLAY"""""""""""""""
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #682693

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:51 pm
saprasam wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:27 pm why is this thread still semi active the note's been overturned for three days
Good news! Zyb poked his head into your appeal to give his 0.02c, so now I'm investigating him for evading his sec permaban via other roles in your appeal. How's that for some closure?
the simplest of appeals seem to always end up being the most complicated
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #682694

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:51 pmGood news! Zyb poked his head into your appeal to give his 0.02c, so now I'm investigating him for evading his sec permaban via other roles in your appeal. How's that for some closure?
Digging up old skeletons to come up with a reason to ban Zybwivcz seems really shady.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682695

Admins "come up with a reason" to ban people constantly. It's horrifying. I hear it happens every time someone gets banned
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #682697

Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:09 pm Admins "come up with a reason" to ban people constantly. It's horrifying. I hear it happens every time someone gets banned
Indeed, 1984. On a more serious note, however, it's different to act upon catching someone in the act and to go looking nearly a week after the fact for an excuse to ban someone, especially with "ban requests" not existing on tgstation (anymore?).
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682699

He's banned from security, when you're jobbanned from a role you're not allowed to swap into their job or try playing as it anyways. With that out of the way, he's ban evading. If you were caught ban evading an active ban, whether it be in an appeal or in discord or just an admin randomly perusing logs, you'd be banned for ban evasion.

It just doesn't seem that weird to me, other than the fact it happened in a ban appeal which, whoop-de-doo, both parties had their logs searched and one person was evading a ban in the logs.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #682700

Local man shows proof of their own evasion in ban appeal not about them, more news at 11
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #682701

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:51 pm
Not the first time. There was a period where job bans were being fucky wucky that he used to sneak in a few Sec rounds some months ago. He skirted away without a ban since it was a bug.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #682705

This came up in another thread where someone claimed "we all" metacommed when we started out on SS13... and then everyone told this person that no, we did not, and an admin joked that the user would now be permabanned as there was no statute of limitations.
If there isn't one already, there should be a time limit after which bans can't be placed.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682707

as if Zyb literally killing himself in-character with a reverse revolver wasn't funny enough, now we get to see him accidentally justify the headmins kicking him to the curb for ban evasion. Sybil gang just can't stop winning!

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #682708

ekaterina wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:28 pm This came up in another thread where someone claimed "we all" metacommed when we started out on SS13... and then everyone told this person that no, we did not, and an admin joked that the user would now be permabanned as there was no statute of limitations.
If there isn't one already, there should be a time limit after which bans can't be placed.
Would it make you feel any better if there are 5 instances of him giving himself sec accesses since this appeal was opened...
Spoiler:

Line  660: [204087] [2023-04-20 02:24:26.848] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Andy Marriman) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Andy Marriman.
	Line  661: [204087] [2023-04-20 02:24:26.848] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Andy Marriman) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Andy Marriman. (Head of Personnel's Office (102,115,4))
	Line 1106: [204152] [2023-04-21 04:51:58.245] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Declan Stroble) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Declan Stroble.
	Line 1107: [204152] [2023-04-21 04:51:58.245] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Declan Stroble) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Declan Stroble. (Head of Personnel's Office (96,132,2))
	Line 1889: [204247] [2023-04-22 20:49:58.163] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Jasper Coldsmith.
	Line 1890: [204247] [2023-04-22 20:49:58.163] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Jasper Coldsmith. (Head of Personnel's Office (97,131,2))
	Line 2057: [204254] [2023-04-22 23:50:13.557] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Uland Beail) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Uland Beail.
	Line 2058: [204254] [2023-04-22 23:50:13.557] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Uland Beail) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Uland Beail. (Head of Personnel's Office (140,128,2))
	Line 2144: [204263] [2023-04-23 02:10:30.172] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Cooper Ratcliff) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Cooper Ratcliff.
	Line 2145: [204263] [2023-04-23 02:10:30.173] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Cooper Ratcliff) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Cooper Ratcliff. (Head of Personnel's Office (97,131,2))
	Line 2738: [204328] [2023-04-24 03:02:19.171] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Brett Edwards) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Brett Edwards.
	Line 2739: [204328] [2023-04-24 03:02:19.171] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Brett Edwards) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Brett Edwards. (Head of Personnel's Office (139,129,2))
	Line 3232: [204384] [2023-04-25 02:24:56.234] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Devin Burris) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Devin Burris.
	Line 3233: [204384] [2023-04-25 02:24:56.234] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Devin Burris) added Holding Cells to an ID card belonging to Devin Burris. (Head of Personnel's Office (97,131,2))
... and that I'm now investigating him choosing to gulag 4 other people since this appeal was opened?
Spoiler:

Line 1195: [204152] [2023-04-21 05:25:51.733] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Declan Stroble) teleported Saprasam/(Manley Jyllian) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,5) for 1000 points. (Brig (99,169,2))
	Line 1678: [204205] [2023-04-22 04:17:20.365] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Gael Graham) teleported Treach/(Elliot Jackson) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,5) for 600 points. (Brig (99,170,2))
	Line 1946: [204247] [2023-04-22 21:20:04.491] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) teleported ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,5) for 690 points. (Brig (99,169,2))
	Line 3415: [204391] [2023-04-25 05:00:45.883] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Seymour Kirkson) teleported Mimepride/(Guillaume) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,3) for 500 points. (Brig (99,169,2))
	Line 3481: [204391] [2023-04-25 05:29:14.730] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Seymour Kirkson) teleported Junkgle/(Catlyn Bates) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,3) for 900 points. (Brig (99,170,2))
So I'm not actually digging back weeks, I'm actually digging forward into the future from the reported incident?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682710

The thing is these aren't ancient. They're what, 6 days old? If I found someone was ban evading 6 days ago yeah I'd fuckin snipe em.

But as a more general response to statute of limitations, I know it kinda does exist, some people who weren't banned for bad things eons ago (myself included) aren't banned for them today but the whole statute of limitations thing would be multi-year. It's more like the casual effect of "I've been playing for >a year without trouble" means there would be no point punishing for it. People change a lot in a year, only makes sense to ban for old shit if they haven't changed at all since then and even then there's likely more recent cases that will stick harder than something a bit flimsy like an old bannable thing that wasn't caught
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682711

Sorry did I say ban evading 6 days ago? I guess I meant 2 days ago lmfao
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #682712

more like ribwich hehehe
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #682713

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:36 pm Would it make you feel any better if there are 5 instances of him giving himself sec accesses since this appeal was opened...
So I'm not actually digging back weeks, I'm actually digging forward into the future from the reported incident?
Yes. It does, indeed.

I still would like to see a limit as a matter of general policy, even if it isn't applicable to this specific user and situation.
Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682746

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:36 pm ... and that I'm now investigating him choosing to gulag 4 other people since this appeal was opened?

Line 1678: [204205] [2023-04-22 04:17:20.365] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Gael Graham) teleported Treach/(Elliot Jackson) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,5) for 600 points. (Brig (99,170,2))

[2023-04-22 03:19:11.142] Zybwivcz \ Gael Graham \ Captain \ NONE \ LATEJOIN
" How dare the monster gulag someone as(checks logs) the captain?"

Line 1946: [204247] [2023-04-22 21:20:04.491] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) teleported ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,5) for 690 points. (Brig (99,169,2))
Looks like ol' Zyb has gone rogue again. He's off the reservation! Acting like SEC with no authority!

09:19:08	SAY	Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) "won't need a medkit in brazil"	(110, 167, 2)	Brig
09:19:13	SAY	ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) "the fuck you mean?"	(102, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:21	SAY	Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) "this guy broke into the bridge and stole a baton and is probably a heretic"	(103, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:22	SAY	FoxUkraine/(Keith Alex) "Welp"	(107, 163, 2)	Brig Control
09:19:24	SAY	Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) "I'm going to gulag him"	(103, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:24	SAY	ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) "what?"	(102, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:29	EMOTE	Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) waves.	(103, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:30	SAY	ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) "The fuck you mean?"	(102, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:33	SAY	FoxUkraine/(Keith Alex) "Granted"	(107, 163, 2)	Brig Control
09:19:33	EMOTE	*no key*/(pug) chases her tail!	(107, 166, 2)	Brig Control
09:19:33	SAY	ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) "Baseless accusations?"	(98, 170, 2)	Brig
09:19:37	SAY	ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) "Actual dickheadery"	(99, 167, 2)	Brig
09:19:37	EMOTE	Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) points at Zack Andreev	(99, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:40	SAY	FoxUkraine/(Keith Alex) "Granted"	(99, 165, 2)	Brig
09:19:43	SAY	FreshestSoup/(William Dornan) "heretic"	(101, 166, 2)	Brig
09:19:44	SAY	FoxUkraine/(Keith Alex) "I'm warden"	(98, 165, 2)	Brig
09:19:46	SAY	Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) "what's the funniest number?"	(99, 169, 2)	Brig
09:19:50	SAY	FreshestSoup/(William Dornan) "say 21"	(98, 172, 2)	Brig
09:19:54	SAY	Zybwivcz/(Jasper Coldsmith) "69"	(99, 169, 2)	Brig
09:19:54	SAY	ShizzleGaming/(Zack Andreev) "The fuck you mean funniest number?"	(100, 169, 2)	Brig
09:19:56	SAY	FreshestSoup/(William Dornan) "last chance of redempption"	(98, 172, 2)	Brig
09:19:58	SAY	FoxUkraine/(Keith Alex) "Good idea 69"	(97, 168, 2)	Brig

Line 3415: [204391] [2023-04-25 05:00:45.883] GAME: Zybwivcz/(Seymour Kirkson) teleported Mimepride/(Guillaume) to the Labor Camp  (69,32,3) for 500 points. (Brig (99,169,2))
Already bored so I'll just say I'm acting captain and the mime's a traitor in this one.

Are you familiar with the concept of motivated reasoning Timberpoes?

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:22 pm Mostly we're criticizing you for ahelping it, zyb.
I didn't ahelp until he decided to round remove me and lie about having traitor gear, which pushed it over the edge.
Last edited by Zybwivcz on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #682750

Post 100 (or 99? The world may never know). The appeal is now pretty much resolved with that little bit of housekeeping.