Powder monkey incident nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Powder monkey incident nut

Post by TheRex9001 » #684275

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34003
Woah napalm, gunpowder and 10 deaths? A favorite......
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: Powder monkey incident nut

Post by Fatal » #684279

If only people would stop bringing super lethal things to the shuttle for EORG these things wouldn't keep happening

Not sure what this player expected, the shuttle is usually a clusterfuck and out of your control at the best of times
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #684280

ANOTHER EORG??? WOAHHH!!!
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #684287

I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #684292

John Terry on Terry
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684312

rex stop making peanuts
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #684313

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:34 pm rex stop making peanuts
If you dont get the nuance of this name, shame on you. Pay attention in history class........
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #684318

Why 14 day ban? I always thought that failed EORG was 1 day per death.
Image Image
conrad

Post by conrad » #684322

Boot wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:53 pm Why 14 day ban? I always thought that failed EORG was 1 day per death.
It's admin discretion. There are no directions for how long bans should be. 1 day per death is a generally agreed upon estimate.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #684339

I think the guy shouldnt get banned and I don't like eorg bans anyways because you are only disrupting another person's experience for max 4mins especially when its a mistake/out of the person's control and the eorg idea is funny and/or creative. Fourteen days seems very excessive when you take take these factors into account. Besides its not like anything really interesting happens on the shuttle anyways just take a short break while you wait for the round to end.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684368

what if -- hear me out here

we made a "party bus" shuttle that takes off near the actual shuttle where people could bring their eorg items

oh and maybe we could fill it with plasma tiles

and add a jukebox....
AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #684375

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:52 am what if -- hear me out here

we made a "party bus" shuttle that takes off near the actual shuttle where people could bring their eorg items

oh and maybe we could fill it with plasma tiles

and add a jukebox....
A captivatingly stupid idea that pretty much just amounts to an escape pod for your bombs. It'd struggle to find place to fit at Centcom, unless it had a small docking bay right near the thunderdome or similar. This would only cause hell on earth. I love it. Merge the fortnite battle bus for you to spend your time during the transit to experience nuclear fallout. Hazardous materials transit isn't too outlandish of an idea for a research facility to have a pod for.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #684380

Woah, another ban for an EORG bomb(s) going off early?

It's almost like the current arms race of EORG having bombs go off one nanosecond after the round ends is a flawed concept. I just want to hang out with people after the round and talk, which is way harder to do when everyone's either in ghost chat or getting mauled by people who are bringing weapons to kill each other on the roleplay server. I guarantee you people would use the manuel discord less for end-round talk if this wasn't as much of a thing.

Makes me wish there was a separate shuttle for all the murder chimpanzees to ride on to kill each other.

Yes, I know this was on Terry. I don't care. It happens on manuel all the time too.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684392

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:01 am Woah, another ban for an EORG bomb(s) going off early?

It's almost like the current arms race of EORG having bombs go off one nanosecond after the round ends is a flawed concept. I just want to hang out with people after the round and talk, which is way harder to do when everyone's either in ghost chat or getting mauled by people who are bringing weapons to kill each other on the roleplay server. I guarantee you people would use the manuel discord less for end-round talk if this wasn't as much of a thing.

Makes me wish there was a separate shuttle for all the murder chimpanzees to ride on to kill each other.

Yes, I know this was on Terry. I don't care. It happens on manuel all the time too.
if you dont want to ride the murder shuttle with the rest of us normal people, take an escape pod like the sissy you are.
conrad

Post by conrad » #684394

You are not supposed to start EORG before the end of round screen. If you have your finger in the trigger and hit it too early, you're gambling that you're gonna get bonked.

It's simple as that. The round is still ongoing until the round ends (I can't believe I have to spell that out). If this line of policy bothers anyone, first, stop being an entitled brat, and second, open a policy thread so I can call you an entitled brat there too.

Props to the banned dude for owning up to the ban and asking for a reduction rather than outright removal for some dumb reason like "I was two seconds early".
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #684404

This isn't even badly timed EORG

Code: Select all

[2023-05-05 17:30:43.962] GAME: Explosion with size (3, 6, 13, 0) in (Emergency Shuttle (40,67,15)).  Possible cause: the monkey (495). Last fingerprints: clonkerbonker/(John Terry).
[2023-05-05 17:31:07.926] GAME: The round has ended.
24 seconds too early. Not even close.

As for why two weeks? Well, player was offline and I had 10 possible kills here. 7 days is a good range if it was all a completely unthought out mistake with no history of the similar. On the other hand if it was intentional or a known concern (i still dont get the napalm injection ON the shuttle) then it can be the full ten days and potentially scaled up by a couple of days. You may not increase a players sentence in appeals so the original ban has to be ballparked for "If I get the worst explanation I can reasonably expect what would the high bar be", and then appeals are only about reducing it. Which having read the OOC chat and realised they did basically similar things the previous round, I've declared myself unlikely to do.