You need a medical license to use sutures [PR peanut]

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

You need a medical license to use sutures [PR peanut]

Post by Fren256 » #684501

Last edited by Fren256 on Mon May 08, 2023 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: You need a medical license to use sutures [PR peanut]

Post by Pandarsenic » #684503

Closed already. Lol. Lmao even.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #684504

i think it should be morally okay to autolock goof prs if any significant portion of the "why its good for the game" section is dedicated to shitting on the admins
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #684512

Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #684515

the moment I saw the nut title I knew it was a goof pr.
Image Image
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #684521

The real feature should be that you can't feature PR for less than 3 hours after your last round.
► Show Spoiler
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #684522

Did he get banned or something
"🔒You can't perform this action at this time"
is under all his PRs

Edit: apparently its just for my account maybe he blocked me or something
Last edited by BlueMemesauce on Mon May 08, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #684525

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:35 pm https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/75283
lol he did it again
Wait, what the fuck? I didn't know you could request head coder review like headmin review!
Can I get head coders to review Mothblocks closing my second PR (xeno spit nerf)? >:(
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #684528

nianjiilical wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:03 pm i think it should be morally okay to autolock goof prs if any significant portion of the "why its good for the game" section is dedicated to shitting on the admins
Should point out that if the reasoning behind your PR is based on a single round that was ruined for you (especially if it was on Terry) then there's a high chance the changes you're trying to make are not good.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #684529

ekaterina wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:53 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:35 pm https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/75283
lol he did it again
Wait, what the fuck? I didn't know you could request head coder review like headmin review!
Can I get head coders to review Mothblocks closing my second PR (xeno spit nerf)? >:(
you cant it didn't work
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #684530

Fren256 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:42 pm
nianjiilical wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:03 pm i think it should be morally okay to autolock goof prs if any significant portion of the "why its good for the game" section is dedicated to shitting on the admins
Should point out that if the reasoning behind your PR is based on a single round that was ruined for you (especially if it was on Terry) then there's a high chance the changes you're trying to make are not good.
Coders use Livrah videos as bug reports.
► Show Spoiler
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #684531

I realize this is some salt, but I've actually wondered about the outcome of making it so these minor healing items can't be self-used, or are very difficult, like self-surgery.

Now that goof did it, I dislike that this idea came through my head.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #684536

If you want to make surgery more appealing, make surgery better. Healing surgeries with faster steps could be a solution. Then you nerf both the surgery and the item you don't like to avoid powercreep and capitalize on player conditioning.

It's a fucking tragedy that goof's been part of this community for almost 10 years and still doesn't know the basics of game design.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #684537

i do agree that it's a problem that people prefer breaking into medbay storage and steal supplies than be healed by doctors but this isn't the solution
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #684538

never see this issue on the server i play on because i play on the autism server where there will be a field of chemical patches that cure all ills strewn 30 tiles thick at the front of medbay
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #684539

"we literally cannot rely on admins to do any form of enforcement on the way ss13 is intended to be played from the codebase's perspective if we do not physically force it to be so"

Then: PR closed, just makes me laugh, every time. Its a very good indicator of where a PR is going even without reading any of the rest of it.
Hugs
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #684541

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:10 am never see this issue on the server i play on because i play on the autism server where there will be a field of chemical patches that cure all ills strewn 30 tiles thick at the front of medbay
Manuel gang stays winning. Criticise Manuel all you want, at least there's a decent chance that a majority of the people in a department know what they're doing, even if medical is filled with felinids.
Unless you're not talking about Manuel, in that case, I'm projecting.

I wouldn't be against the idea of doctors doing doctor stuff faster than non-doctors, though. Same with engineers/atmos building stuff faster than non-engineers, if that's not already a thing.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684548

>sounds like a goofball pr
>looks like a goofball pr
>reads like a goofball pr
>its a goofball pr

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #684549

conrad wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:50 pm If you want to make surgery more appealing, make surgery better. Healing surgeries with faster steps could be a solution. Then you nerf both the surgery and the item you don't like to avoid powercreep and capitalize on player conditioning.

It's a fucking tragedy that goof's been part of this community for almost 10 years and still doesn't know the basics of game design.
Most people forget that surgery tables and research exist and do it on unoptimal stasis beds
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #684550

Also the round in question

Code: Select all

06:28:33	SHUTTLE	Bieyes/(Jalen Whiteman) has purchased The Lance Crew Evacuation System.		
06:28:58	SHUTTLE	Bieyes/(Jalen Whiteman) has called the emergency shuttle.		
06:28:58	SHUTTLE	Shuttle call reason: Crazed man under the influence of nitrium runs around with a flamethrower, guess what happens next
06:29:32	GAME	Kubisopplay/(Tanya Newbern) triggered a CentCom recall, with the message of: Sounds like you should control your people better	(81, 95, 2)	Medbay Storage
06:37:55	SHUTTLE	Bieyes/(Jalen Whiteman) has called the emergency shuttle.		
06:37:55	SHUTTLE	Shuttle call reason: literally nobody said no
06:38:11	GAME	Kubisopplay/(Tanya Newbern) triggered a CentCom recall, with the message of: Didn't you forget to ask someone?	(82, 103, 2)	Medbay Treatment Center
06:39:11	SHUTTLE	Bieyes/(Jalen Whiteman) has called the emergency shuttle.		
06:39:11	SHUTTLE	Shuttle call reason: centcom didn't know that I did a shuttle vote and cancelled the shuttle. Fuck you centcom
06:39:30	GAME	Kubisopplay/(Tanya Newbern) triggered a CentCom recall, with the message of: Since when we operate under democracy?	(78, 103, 2)	Medbay Treatment Center
06:40:02	SHUTTLE	Pide/(Barney Balhoun) has called the emergency shuttle.		
06:40:02	SHUTTLE	Shuttle call reason: kill yourself officer
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #684552

goof is always morally correct

Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #684553

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:46 am >sounds like a goofball pr
>its a goofball pr
Rate my thread title plz
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #684555

if goofball has 100 fans i am one of them
if goofball has 10 fans i am one of them
if goofball has one fan, i am that one fan
if goofball has no fans, it means i am no longer on earth
if the world is against goofball, i am against the world
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684556

Fren256 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:11 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:46 am >sounds like a goofball pr
>its a goofball pr
Rate my thread title plz
"Everyone Needs To Play The Way I Want Them To Play" -7/10
"Shut Up, Meg" -10/10
"Coder Plays /tg/13, Gets Mad" -5/10

now go ahead and rate yourself.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #684557

conrad wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:50 pm If you want to make surgery more appealing, make surgery better. Healing surgeries with faster steps could be a solution. Then you nerf both the surgery and the item you don't like to avoid powercreep and capitalize on player conditioning.

this is embarassing delete this post lmao
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684558

i can think of other tragedies
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #684560

oranges wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:35 am

this is embarassing delete this post lmao
It's fundamentals of conditioning and game theory in game design what are you on about lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #684561

1. Make miners and antags able to use sutures and meshes.
2. Make everyone able to use sutures and meshes if server's living pop is below 20.
Then I think this PR has a chance of being based and not cringe.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #684562

That sounds disgusting I'm sorry
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #684563

crowbars are a powergaming tool people abuse way too much. we should lock crowbars to be an engi only tool.
Weston Echard on Sybil
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #684564

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:46 am 1. Make miners and antags able to use sutures and meshes.
2. Make everyone able to use sutures and meshes if server's living pop is below 20.
>>Use the sutures or I’m gonna beat you to death.

Codified antag tests are cringe
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #684567

Headcoder review
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #684573

On one hand, people who barge into your department, take your shit, and leave instead of asking for them like adults deserve the death sentence.

On the other, this is stupid and someone should take Goof's coding abilities away for at least three hours after he has a bad shift for his own good.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684574

oh my god i'd like everyone to pretend me posting "skill issue" was my first reply to this thread
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #684575

Adam Klein wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:55 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:46 am 1. Make miners and antags able to use sutures and meshes.

They already have codewords
Show me one antag that can't test for other antags.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #684583

We should add tourniquets
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #684589

Torniquets would only be useful if we made bandaging wounds much harder. Which we probably arent gonna do
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #684593

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:30 am

I’m not talking about antags testing for other antags, I’m talking about non antags having a codified way to check for antag status.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684594

Adam Klein wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:51 pm
dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:30 am

I’m not talking about antags testing for other antags, I’m talking about non antags having a codified way to check for antag status.
yeah, just ask nicely if they are a traitor or not??
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #684595

Please don’t add this. I am literally on my knees. This is disgusting.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #684599

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:24 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:10 am never see this issue on the server i play on because i play on the autism server where there will be a field of chemical patches that cure all ills strewn 30 tiles thick at the front of medbay
Manuel gang stays winning. Criticise Manuel all you want, at least there's a decent chance that a majority of the people in a department know what they're doing, even if medical is filled with felinids.

I wouldn't be against the idea of doctors doing doctor stuff faster than non-doctors, though. Same with engineers/atmos building stuff faster than non-engineers, if that's not already a thing.
no i was talking about manuel
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #684612

I've never felt that wound-tend was obnoxious enough that I felt the need to pilfer medical supplies unless its late in a round and all the doctors are dead/antags/trying to treat Superaids.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #684633

Epicgamer545 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:06 pm
We (or I at least) would close this about as fast as goof's PR
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:46 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:24 am

no i was talking about manuel
I think they were agreeing with you
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #684861

Epicgamer545 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:06 pm
3. When server pop is above 35 the doctors must get their medical licenses renewed by the HOP every 40 minutes before performing more surgeries or else get detained by Law & Orderly (my proposed securitron for medbay).
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #684862

the most sane cobbyesque medical coder:
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current