VIVA LA… Supermatter?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

VIVA LA… Supermatter?

Post by sinfulbliss » #693355

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34405

And then God said, “station power > killing the heads of staff”
Spoiler:
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Re: VIVA LA… Supermatter?

Post by The Wrench » #693356

The antagonist flow chart and its consequences have been a disaster for the station
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #693358

still don't understand why everyone was against the removal of assembly bombs
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #693359

I hate to be the guy who advocates against multi-antag shenanigan's, but It would probably be alot better if conversion antags couldn't convert solo antagonists.
Doesn't have to be in a lame way either! We have the cult-heretic interaction that's pretty neat. I think we could have similar setups for other conversions, maybe heretic/traitors/changelings fake being reved, but after 10 minutes or until they attack a revolutionary they lose the R above their name? Maybe traitors automatically get promoted to headrevs and loose their traitor status but keep their uplink? Maybe these get converted into a fun 3rd type of antag? Changeling getting infused with unholy power on sacrifice and becoming something else?

Being two antags at once is !!FUN!! and I understand the appeal, so improve and don't remove, and instead make something special and unique happen when something special happens.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #693360

BlueMemesauce wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:53 pm still don't understand why everyone was against the removal of assembly bombs
It was a salt PR, and it's fun blowing up people with bombs. There is a meta trend with them right now, and maybe it is annoying seeing them every round. But with all meta trends, it will die down in time to be more reasonable, just like how singlecaps died down even though there are still multiple recipes for them. Not a reason to remove or "balance" something.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #693378

the pr was made 3 months ago but it's clearly still a problem. you should not be able to have 10 bombs in your backpack that all can crit the CE in his hardsuit from 3 tiles away.
"its just an over 3 month long trend, just wait one more month then the mass producible bomb will somehow suddenly stop being used for some reason"
singlecaps stopped being used because its against the rules to blow up the entire station over and over, that's their main purpose since they aren't as good at killing specific people since they're harder to use in a fight. while assembly bombs can be mass produced at the sighting of a loud antagonist and can just be thrown at people and targeted very precisely. they aren't comparable, assembly bombs are much more op in actual fights.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #693382

i had a guy throw four assembly bombs at me while I was a space dragon and when the fourth one finally hit I was instantly gibbed

that mfer had 6 more if he kept missing!!
Weston Echard on Sybil
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #693383

BlueMemesauce wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:57 am the pr was made 3 months ago but it's clearly still a problem. you should not be able to have 10 bombs in your backpack that all can crit the CE in his hardsuit from 3 tiles away.
"its just an over 3 month long trend, just wait one more month then the mass producible bomb will somehow suddenly stop being used for some reason"
singlecaps stopped being used because its against the rules to blow up the entire station over and over, that's their main purpose since they aren't as good at killing specific people since they're harder to use in a fight. while assembly bombs can be mass produced at the sighting of a loud antagonist and can just be thrown at people and targeted very precisely. they aren't comparable, assembly bombs are much more op in actual fights.
Just ahelp it lol.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #693385

SHE WILL DUST YOU DEAD
Viva la Supermatter
SHARDS ARE DEVIL YELLOW
Viva la Supermatter
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693386

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:04 pm I hate to be the guy who advocates against multi-antag shenanigan's, but It would probably be alot better if conversion antags couldn't convert solo antagonists.
Doesn't have to be in a lame way either! We have the cult-heretic interaction that's pretty neat. I think we could have similar setups for other conversions, maybe heretic/traitors/changelings fake being reved, but after 10 minutes or until they attack a revolutionary they lose the R above their name? Maybe traitors automatically get promoted to headrevs and loose their traitor status but keep their uplink? Maybe these get converted into a fun 3rd type of antag? Changeling getting infused with unholy power on sacrifice and becoming something else?

Being two antags at once is !!FUN!! and I understand the appeal, so improve and don't remove, and instead make something special and unique happen when something special happens.
all these good ideas
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #693389

Like the thread title.

The IC conversion as brainwashing is presumably absolute, does that extend to OOC?

Also, mixing antags in with revs generally I feel misses some of the key of the revs game mode which is a "pitchforks" and other basic equipment riot to the death ultimately, even just having antags exist taints the crew sided pool into being of questionable loyalty (since they lack the 'team' of the revolution side), not to mention their special abilities ending up playing largely for the revs (unless literal head of staff antag). Then again, not the biggest fan of revs over all.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693405

my thoughts on multitags have always been that they should be free to pursue their other objectives as long as 1) it doesn't actively harm their own team efforts and 2) isn't being done at a time when they could actively be helping their team, ie, ignoring a fight breaking out in front of them to steal the nuke core or whatever. the idea that you must absolutely not do your lower-tier directives at all even when it would harm no one and not impede your team feels a little weird.

imo rev's objectives are to kill heads and convert nonheads, not make the station uninhabitable because ultimately they want to wrest control of the station, not destroy it. the caveat to this is, as always, strong IC reasoning trumps all. if command are somehow dependent on the engine to power some sort of megashield around the bridge then obviously blowing up the engine to get them is fine because you can directly connect its use to your objectives, but this is an insane scenario that only exists in my imagination. bombing the engine because power is useful to the enemy is the same sort of reasoning as plasmaflooding the entire station because your enemy breathes air.

also, i may be misinterpreting the appeal OP, but responding to the CE sabotaging the engine by blowing that same engine up in a much more destructive way is a line of reasoning that leaves me in awe.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #693407

i think the multitag discussion is irrelevant since it’s more important whether it’s justified for a rev to destroy power in pursuit of a head

i would say it is but that’s just me
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #693409

I agree with the fact that the multitag discussion isn't really relevant. When you're part of a team antag, it takes precedence over solo antag objectives. Them being a heretic is dead in the water after a headrev flashed them.

However, looking at this from the sole prism of a rev, I feel you could very easily justify detonating engineering after the CE threatened to do a singulo/tesloose. The IC reasoning exists there; the revolutionary doesn't have to be competent. He's not harming his team doing that (gameplay wise, since we're talking about the rules); You can live without power, and you're harming the enemy just as much. Plus, you get to avoid a catastrophe, and kill a head. Win win.

It's LRP, you don't have to have a narrative behind the revolution. The IC justification is there, and the story will be that the revolution (assuming it won, I didn't check) will have ousted Nanotrasen and then left to die on an engine-less, dark, cold space station.

Assuming solars don't exi-oh wait, they do.

I disagree with this note.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on this.
dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:19 am also, i may be misinterpreting the appeal OP, but responding to the CE sabotaging the engine by blowing that same engine up in a much more destructive way is a line of reasoning that leaves me in awe.
Delaminating the SM is way, way less destructive than unleashing a singulary or letting out a tesla that will just go door to door collecting crew members and killing them.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693410

Conrad is the voice of reason! The world has gone mad. Will I see pigs flying if I look outside?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #693411

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:54 am EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on this.
dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:19 am also, i may be misinterpreting the appeal OP, but responding to the CE sabotaging the engine by blowing that same engine up in a much more destructive way is a line of reasoning that leaves me in awe.
Delaminating the SM is way, way less destructive than unleashing a singulary or letting out a tesla that will just go door to door collecting crew members and killing them.
it's very likely that i'm interpreting the OP's story wrong. there are phrases in the story which confused me:
(they were gonna try to contain a singulo/tesla with the main supermatter which will also produce no power though that doesn't excuse the actions)
contain? did they mean create? this would make much more sense with what you're implying.
still was gonna turn the main SM into a tesla/singularity which would produce zero power its a popular trend of engineering to do this
same with this, was the CE trying to sabotage the engine with the intention of making it produce 0 power or were they explicitly threatening to tesla/singuloose?

without checking the logs of the round myself and finding out what evidence they used to deduce that the CE was intending to do this (i'm lazy and shall not be doing this (´・ω・`)) it's very hard to give my own judgement on it, so i stuck to giving my comfortable shitposty commentary from the spectator's stand. it's a bit weird that the CE would think it was cool to respond to revs by creating a tesla/singuloose so i was apprehensive to make that assumption, but i also don't play lrp so i don't know how cool you crazy motherfuckers are with stuff like that.

though if you're correct in your interpretation then yeah, i would agree that blowing the engine up is ultimately better than tesla/singuloose. there would be better ways to go about it (why bomb it at all?) but in the heat of the moment i try not to judge too harshly about what insane schemes someone comes up with. if the CE wasn't trying to do that, then bombing the engine seems counterproductive to the ultimate goal of the revolution. if the CE was holed up in such a way that it's extremely difficult to get to them so they resorted to a bomb, then i could also understand that line of reasoning. there are too many missing details to give my official thoughts on whether it was truly a reasonable choice of action or whether it was just someone with a bomb who wanted to see a big boom so used an easy opportunity.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #693413

The CE has been planning it before Revs even were known/existed (since revs always have a little delay roundstart before getting the auctall antag status) if they used a shard for this then it would be more reasonable then using the main supermatter

This was on LRP and i dont know why the bombing the engine room is so big of a issue just only a few piping got destroyed sure you could argue theres 4 giant holes for this but stuff like this is easily fixable (IF we use smart foam for its intended function and not some escape/combat tool) then those holes are easily sealed piping is easily fixed SM would be easily stabilized with a little help from the atmos area i don't think the SM delimination start is a issue when it comes to the power arguement since theres 3 smesses filled with power + the solars(with its own smess) still producing power it isn't like the situation is unsalvagable it easily could be fixed and was fixed

Like i don't even care about the note i just want more perspective views then just my own because i think its just a little silly for what was on a LRP server if it was on MRP it would make sense
The future is horrible!
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #693414

Ezel wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:44 pm The CE has been planning it before Revs even were known/existed (since revs always have a little delay roundstart before getting the auctall antag status) if they used a shard for this then it would be more reasonable then using the main supermatter

This was on LRP and i dont know why the bombing the engine room is so big of a issue just only a few piping got destroyed sure you could argue theres 4 giant holes for this but stuff like this is easily fixable (IF we use smart foam for its intended function and not some escape/combat tool) then those holes are easily sealed piping is easily fixed SM would be easily stabilized with a little help from the atmos area i don't think the SM delimination start is a issue when it comes to the power arguement since theres 3 smesses filled with power + the solars(with its own smess) still producing power it isn't like the situation is unsalvagable it easily could be fixed and was fixed

Like i don't even care about the note i just want more perspective views then just my own because i think its just a little silly for what was on a LRP server if it was on MRP it would make sense
is punctuation outlawed or something where you live
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #693422

dendydoom wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:29 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:54 am EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on this.
it's very likely that i'm interpreting the OP's story wrong. there are phrases in the story which confused me:
(they were gonna try to contain a singulo/tesla with the main supermatter which will also produce no power though that doesn't excuse the actions)
contain? did they mean create? this would make much more sense with what you're implying.
still was gonna turn the main SM into a tesla/singularity which would produce zero power its a popular trend of engineering to do this
same with this, was the CE trying to sabotage the engine with the intention of making it produce 0 power or were they explicitly threatening to tesla/singuloose?

without checking the logs of the round myself and finding out what evidence they used to deduce that the CE was intending to do this (i'm lazy and shall not be doing this (´・ω・`)) it's very hard to give my own judgement on it, so i stuck to giving my comfortable shitposty commentary from the spectator's stand. it's a bit weird that the CE would think it was cool to respond to revs by creating a tesla/singuloose so i was apprehensive to make that assumption, but i also don't play lrp so i don't know how cool you crazy motherfuckers are with stuff like that.

though if you're correct in your interpretation then yeah, i would agree that blowing the engine up is ultimately better than tesla/singuloose. there would be better ways to go about it (why bomb it at all?) but in the heat of the moment i try not to judge too harshly about what insane schemes someone comes up with. if the CE wasn't trying to do that, then bombing the engine seems counterproductive to the ultimate goal of the revolution. if the CE was holed up in such a way that it's extremely difficult to get to them so they resorted to a bomb, then i could also understand that line of reasoning. there are too many missing details to give my official thoughts on whether it was truly a reasonable choice of action or whether it was just someone with a bomb who wanted to see a big boom so used an easy opportunity.
So like, in the last 8 months of my return from exile, I've not seen or heard of someone succesfully containing a singulo or a tesla. That's without considering revs in the equation. It's very safe to assume a CE doing this is gonna doom the station. Even before I stopped playing five years ago, almost every round with a singulo engine (my beloved) resulted in people making BoH's to try and kill it after it inevitably got loose.

There was this round on Manuel recently (I think last month?) where I got bwoinked 'cos I fullstripped the acting captain (a QM) as HoP, took their spare, bucklecuffed them to a chair and called them names. Apparently I was being "HoPcurity" and not sticking to my lane. Except the QM joked about building the BSA on the bridge. This being MRP, and the QM being acting captain, I took that seriously. What the appealant did was to take the singulo threat seriously.

People, especially admins, need to remember that sharding a new engine is very easy. People on Terry not doing it is no excuse for treating the SM like the holy grail.

All that being said, I would've noted the guy myself if they weren't revs. There are other ways to solve this particular conflict besides sabotaging a department if you're not an antag. Being revs and having the rules bound obligation to protect your team mates, dude was justified IMO.
kinnebian wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:11 pm is punctuation outlawed or something where you live
THAT WAS SO FUCKING UNNECESSARY AHAHAHAHAHAHA jfc Kinneb
ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:27 pm Conrad is the voice of reason! The world has gone mad. Will I see pigs flying if I look outside?
I am rarely wrong.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #693423

bring back gangs
conrad

Post by conrad » #693424

Thanks Kendrick, now I don't have to doublepost.
Ezel wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:44 pm Like i don't even care about the note i just want more perspective views then just my own because i think its just a little silly for what was on a LRP server if it was on MRP it would make sense
Frankly, I'd hesitate to act upon this on MRP if there were no non-mindshielded casualties, barring some rule 7 fuckery. (i.e.: if it was done in good faith or bad faith)
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #693426

conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:58 pm All that being said, I would've noted the guy myself if they weren't revs.
... what? He got noted precisely because he'd been turned into a rev beforehand. Otherwise, it would've just been a solo antag doing solo antag things.

(I'm not saying this note makes sense, of course it doesn't - he didn't hinder his team and, per rule 4, "[t]eam antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team")
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad

Post by conrad » #693427

ekaterina wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:24 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:58 pm All that being said, I would've noted the guy myself if they weren't revs.
... what? He got noted precisely because he'd been turned into a rev beforehand. Otherwise, it would've just been a solo antag doing solo antag things.

(I'm not saying this note makes sense, of course it doesn't - he didn't hinder his team and, per rule 4, "[t]eam antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team")
Oh, right, I forget you choose to be confused and angry at admins rather than approaching a broader interpretation.

I meant if this was done by a non-antag.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #693522

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:29 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:04 pm -snip-
all these good ideas
Glad you think so, been floating the idea around and most people (maintainers included) seem to think there is some sanctity in players being multi-antag.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later