Re: Manuel ejection of Larry Laser

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698347

Kendrickorium wrote: Yea it was pretty busted. Many blob rounds on hippie were just an arms race to the blob deleting laser pointer. Also shit title, I expect better from you, conrad.
Those things used to stomp blobs so quickly and with no counterplay, especially if the blob was exposed to space. I can't even remember blobs purposefully bordering space for a quick air siphon before they were effectively removed. Blobs would spawn on top of the R&D servers just to kill the possibility of research. Thats how busted they were against blobs. The funny thing is they suck against anything that moves.
ekaterina wrote:
RedBaronFlyer wrote: I was in that round and after it ended most of the server and I thought it was an admin event. I had never seen that gun before. I mean it looked like a cobbled together testmerge and the guy had his own get-up and name like something you'd see in an admin event. I don't know what he was expecting what with depressurizing the main hallways thirty minutes in but I'm kind of against the ban just cause thats how much effort most admins would call an event.
The ban isn't at all justified. Your testimony says it best. It wasn't a wasted round if most of the server didn't know that sort of carnage was possible with a single weapon. Plus, "Larry Laserblitz" is a wonderful name and Cheshify should have thought twice before banning "Larry Laserblitz" for firing lasers. What's with this overly restrictive gun procurement system anyways? If nobody is going through the hoops to get this cool crap then the hoops should be made more accessible. I just looked into this but there's a lightning gun hidden behind these kits that nobody ever uses because its a PITA to get. That is so lame.
Agreed but the PA gun itself should never be reliably obtained. That thing is badass only very occasionally and gets old quick. The rest of those guns are really cool and should be more common. I think if wardens would stop disgorging their armory at the hint of valids we could put all sorts of interesting guns in there, as a limited supply instead of requiring science to research security nodes, which they have no incentive to, for security to actually print out these things and to gather a bunch of other crap as well as a perfectly functional gun.
MooCow12 wrote:
ekaterina wrote: snip
Wouldnt be an issue with modular guns
wyci
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: Re: Manuel ejection of Larry Laser

Post by sinfulbliss » #698351

what the fuck is this replying to capsandi

where are the OPs
Spoiler:
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698353

sinfulbliss wrote: what the fuck is this replying to capsandi

where are the OPs
y thefk r u flaming me bro its conrad who didn't link the peanut in the op, also post ids are fucked methinks
Timonk wrote:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #698354

you are the OP u dumb bitch
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #698362

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:17 am what the fuck is this replying to capsandi

where are the OPs
It's an incredibly elaborate shitpost pretending to be a peanut thread that had most of its posts deleted before you got here.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #698397

Capsandi wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:22 am
sinfulbliss wrote: what the fuck is this replying to capsandi

where are the OPs
y thefk r u flaming me bro its conrad who didn't link the peanut in the op, also post ids are fucked methinks
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698405

Capsandi wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:06 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Yea it was pretty busted. Many blob rounds on hippie were just an arms race to the blob deleting laser pointer. Also shit title, I expect better from you, conrad.
Those things used to stomp blobs so quickly and with no counterplay, especially if the blob was exposed to space. I can't even remember blobs purposefully bordering space for a quick air siphon before they were effectively removed. Blobs would spawn on top of the R&D servers just to kill the possibility of research. Thats how busted they were against blobs. The funny thing is they suck against anything that moves.
ekaterina wrote:
RedBaronFlyer wrote: I was in that round and after it ended most of the server and I thought it was an admin event. I had never seen that gun before. I mean it looked like a cobbled together testmerge and the guy had his own get-up and name like something you'd see in an admin event. I don't know what he was expecting what with depressurizing the main hallways thirty minutes in but I'm kind of against the ban just cause thats how much effort most admins would call an event.
The ban isn't at all justified. Your testimony says it best. It wasn't a wasted round if most of the server didn't know that sort of carnage was possible with a single weapon. Plus, "Larry Laserblitz" is a wonderful name and Cheshify should have thought twice before banning "Larry Laserblitz" for firing lasers. What's with this overly restrictive gun procurement system anyways? If nobody is going through the hoops to get this cool crap then the hoops should be made more accessible. I just looked into this but there's a lightning gun hidden behind these kits that nobody ever uses because its a PITA to get. That is so lame.
Agreed but the PA gun itself should never be reliably obtained. That thing is badass only very occasionally and gets old quick. The rest of those guns are really cool and should be more common. I think if wardens would stop disgorging their armory at the hint of valids we could put all sorts of interesting guns in there, as a limited supply instead of requiring science to research security nodes, which they have no incentive to, for security to actually print out these things and to gather a bunch of other crap as well as a perfectly functional gun.
MooCow12 wrote:
wyci
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #698409

Capsandi wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:06 am wyci
hq2.jpg
hq2.jpg (5.51 KiB) Viewed 2864 times
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #698410

this is the first ban that i deeply disagree with and i will not rest until larry laser returns to the servers. free my mans.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #698411

meds
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698420

i wasnt even part of this thread what was it and why did it get deleted
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698422

Capsandi wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:06 am
ekaterina wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:
wyci
UGHHH BLAH BLAH BLAH
not fucking reading this
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #698423

I have no fucking idea what's going on or who Larry Laser even is. I GOT YELLED AT FOR DOING NOTHING
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698426

conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:44 pm I have no fucking idea what's going on or who Larry Laser even is. I GOT YELLED AT FOR DOING NOTHING
i think you were on something when you made the thread. it got pretty wild when you were cursing everyone out for 2 pages. even sinful said that you were crossing a line...
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #698428

dendydoom wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:51 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:44 pm I have no fucking idea what's going on or who Larry Laser even is. I GOT YELLED AT FOR DOING NOTHING
i think you were on something when you made the thread. it got pretty wild when you were cursing everyone out for 2 pages. even sinful said that you were crossing a line...
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698431

Bepis wrote: How about:
"Larry Loser blotted out of the picture"
I like conrad's thread title better.
dendydoom wrote: this is the first ban that i deeply disagree with and i will not rest until larry laser returns to the servers. free my mans.
I think the depressurization of the main hallways, even if an accident, on the mrp server might do him in here. He should try bagil.
Looking forward to Timberpoes' closing thoughts on this.
Timonk wrote:
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #698437

it's fuckin bullshit that I got warned for that post, too
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698452

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #698453

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:46 pmmeds
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698455

im sorry for banning him but it just crossed a line i could not personally forgive
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #698460

Archie700 wrote: Say logs from then until he reaches mining and is killed.

Code: Select all

00:42:07	SAY	unintelligiblerizzwiz/(Larry Laserblitz) "Im a goddam artillery platform!"	(129, 112, 5)	Central Primary Hallway
00:42:18	SAY	unintelligiblerizzwiz/(Larry Laserblitz) "Now i am become laser, destroyer of worlds"	(93, 117, 5)	Cargo Lobby
00:43:13	SAY	unintelligiblerizzwiz/(Larry Laserblitz) "Set phasers to mutually assured destruction"
Now that I see the say logs I gotta say larry laser is looking a tad unoriginal.
Last edited by Capsandi on Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timonk wrote:
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #698461

I don't know how the laser got merged, it was even mentioned in the pr that this was gonna happen. I haven't seen a single good blob round since then, they keep ending so soon with every scientist speed running the research.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698464

i think i changed timelines again

hopefully this is the one where trump gets re-elected
 ! Message from: kieth4
Please try to keep on topic instead of whatever this is
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #698482

meds
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #698550

Yeah, okay, I guess you can call that an event. What I consider an event is something actually fun and engaging for the players- instead, most were sitting out, dead or gibbed, while the lucky few got to have all the fun. If this continues to be a pattern for your "events" (Admin Abuse) there will be an admin complaint.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #698554

Fikou wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:47 pmFUCK ALL OF YOU! THE COMPLAINT WAS BULLSHIT, AND I DIDNT DO NUFFIN
Im sorry fikou, I know the admin complaint has had a rough time on you but you didnt get deadminned and need to lighten up some

it was deserved, honestly
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #698565

This thread is a fever dream. What the fuck is going on? Who is Larry Laser?
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #698566

What the fuck is this thread
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #698575

Capsandi wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:39 pm
Archie700 wrote: Say logs from then until he reaches mining and is killed.

Code: Select all

00:42:07	SAY	unintelligiblerizzwiz/(Larry Laserblitz) "Im a goddam artillery platform!"	(129, 112, 5)	Central Primary Hallway
00:42:18	SAY	unintelligiblerizzwiz/(Larry Laserblitz) "Now i am become laser, destroyer of worlds"	(93, 117, 5)	Cargo Lobby
00:43:13	SAY	unintelligiblerizzwiz/(Larry Laserblitz) "Set phasers to mutually assured destruction"
Now that I see the say logs I gotta say larry laser is looking a tad unoriginal.
yeah sure, larry the laz gets a bit trigger happy with the pop culture references, but isn't that what this game is? a stone soup of shitty sci-fi and video game references? can you really blame a guy for playing to the crowd?

admins are losing touch if this is the kind of bans they're going for these days. just playing the game gets you in trouble. unbelievable!
NSFW:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #698616

everyone, please stay on topic
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #698627

Oh weird I thought Larry Laser was a wizard that round.
I forgot to hit record so no video from me!

EDIT: WAIT I MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING?
EDIT2: NOPE. I dont record when i am observing, sorry.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #698639

Rageguy505 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:40 pm I don't know how the laser got merged, it was even mentioned in the pr that this was gonna happen. I haven't seen a single good blob round since then, they keep ending so soon with every scientist speed running the research.
I don't know about you, but that's a good thing to me. I fucking hate Blob. They've had it too good for too long with multi-Z maps, picking some corner of the bottom floor and just breaking the stairs.

'Bout time they suffered a bullshit no-counter strategy, too.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #698640

It was me who banned Larry Laser, sorry guys that was my first test when I saw him lasering the hallways, it was my decision and all the other admins are deflecting.

The admin hugbox is real, you will never hear from me again as they have now deployed 50 assassin's to my loc-
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #698678

Is this a good time to admit that I varedited the gun
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #698799

I've never seen someone effectively gaslight an entire forum before. Bravo.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #699404

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:17 am what the fuck is this replying to[,] capsandi
where are the OPs
They were revealed to him in a dream, they are nowhere to be found in these forums.
 ! Message from: Riggle
Please stay on topic
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #699416

Love to see all the people complaining about blob especially when none of them ever had to deal with the old triple blob round type. That being said, I don't think Larry Laser deserved the ban for spacing to fight the blob, especially when you consider how many crew he saved by doing so. If he didn't, everyone would have died. Really reminds me of the trolley problem imo.

EDIT: Mandatory "This is why you don't play on Manuel" statement
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #699419

The OP got the name wrong it's actually Barry Ballistic, that's probably why people can't find the ban.