admin retirement spree

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

admin retirement spree

Post by kinnebian » #706558

Bottom post of the previous page:

striders voudez kubi imaginos, all decently recent
damn
respect (let him do his thing)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: admin retirement spree

Post by Vekter » #706715

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:30 am
Kubisopplay wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:12 pm Feel encouraged to leak everything about this, you can post the entire log.
why dont you post the log or whatever
It probably happened in an admin cave thread, which non-admins don't have access to.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #706736

It requires the headmins to lead with a public reason for Kubi's removal before any admins go bikeshedding outside of admin channels, else it's leaking unless there's some public game logs you can point to and base your bikeshedding around.

Or a public interest reason in leaking admin channels or asay.

From my perspective, there's nothing in the public interest to leak either even for those of us who've seen it coming from a mile away. I'm hazarding a guess that everyone else is dancing around that same issue.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706738

If it helps, it's not that interesting of a situation.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #706740

im honestly just confused as to why kubi is like hinting at the fact that there's Juice or whatever but not outright just explaining what happened. really doesn't seem that interesting, i was just kinda calling the bluff there
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #706746

I'm very against drama hogging when it comes to sensitive subjects, especially in cases like this where there is nothing to gain for any party.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #706757

The only thing I noted Bugstep doing outside of the usual admin stuff (I don't think they ever handled my tickets, and I don't ever really get bwoinked) was placing invincible trans pride flags all across the station very often. I don't know if that's frowned upon or not though.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #706760

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:21 am The only thing I noted Bugstep doing outside of the usual admin stuff (I don't think they ever handled my tickets, and I don't ever really get bwoinked) was placing invincible trans pride flags all across the station very often. I don't know if that's frowned upon or not though.
I don't think that's against admin conduct
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #706765

I thought it was pretty common for admins to either go "oh shoot I'm a bit inactive I should probably step down" or "this admin hasn't logged in in six months let's remove him" whenever a new headmin term started
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #706773

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:25 am I thought it was pretty common for admins to either go "oh shoot I'm a bit inactive I should probably step down" or "this admin hasn't logged in in six months let's remove him" whenever a new headmin term started
oh shoot I'm a bit inactive I should probably cling onto my purple name with all my might
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #706786

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:21 am The only thing I noted Bugstep doing outside of the usual admin stuff (I don't think they ever handled my tickets, and I don't ever really get bwoinked) was placing invincible trans pride flags all across the station very often. I don't know if that's frowned upon or not though.
Holy shit that's so badass, more admins should do this
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #706787

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:25 am I thought it was pretty common for admins to either go "oh shoot I'm a bit inactive I should probably step down" or "this admin hasn't logged in in six months let's remove him" whenever a new headmin term started
This is a practice that exists, yeah. Admins going inactive and then choosing to step down is pretty rare, though. You gain nothing from retiring besides no longer being pinged in admin channels, which you can mute if you're not active/taking a break anyway.

An admin retiring usually happens 'cos they're either no longer interested in doing it and don't want the expectation that they're gonna admin, or 'cos they got so pissed off at something that they have no control over yet are subjected to that they don't want anything to do with it. Either of those can be called burnout I guess.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #706792

I initially retired over something that pissed me off. Enough terms in between then and now, and it's mostly better.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #706806

Timber explained it best; the new term also comes with everyone fighting more than usual, but instead of fighting about a policy it's fighting about if a person is subhuman or not.

Im still licking the wounds of my election thread.
► Show Spoiler
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #706807

Sightld2 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:12 am We lost Strider this is so fucked up, who will bully the trialmins now???
Me.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #706808

Strider will be back in 2 more weeks trust the plan
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #706815

I'll apply for admin if I wanna at thr end of this year
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #706817

Cheshify wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:10 am
bugstep was doing this… and you KILLED them… :(
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #706826

I'd definitely try to destroy them.

Not in a transphobic way, just a vindictive objection of big-admin.

Then I'd probably beat anyone to death who called the destruction based.
► Show Spoiler
Sealed101
Byond Username: Sealed101

Post by Sealed101 » #706828

were the flags dense objects though? did the admeme create an impromptu ballistic barricade? the balance implications are immense please i need to know
i prefer the term "issue tracker domovenok" for my kind

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #706844

Sealed101 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:15 pm were the flags dense objects though? did the admeme create an impromptu ballistic barricade? the balance implications are immense please i need to know
ur a very curious wee man innit
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #706845

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:43 pm i'm sure shaps or scriptis will return to do this
im on terry now because i live in portugal sorry
Spoiler:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #706861

being annoying shouldn't be an admin trait
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #706879

Gotta agree with oranges on this 1 chief. It's kinda obnoxious