Local crackhead yelling at a lizard for eating a moth

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
LiarGG
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: LiarGG

Local crackhead yelling at a lizard for eating a moth

Post by LiarGG » #710653

Stabbystab
Byond Username: StabbyStab

Re: Local crackhead yelling at a lizard for eating a moth

Post by Stabbystab » #710654

I do agree in the sense a QC ban shouldn’t be out of the blue but instead a warning should be issued like “hey you have shown horrible quality of play recently you have X days to improve or we will qc ban you”
LiarGG
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: LiarGG

Post by LiarGG » #710655

Giving people time to improve after giving em a heads up about possibly being axed sounds sensible. It also feels hella weird to not give a person the ability to defend themselves in an appeal, despite the ban being dished out by the headmin team. Headmin reviews are meant for when banning admin cannot come to an agreement with the banned player. Invoking the "headmin placed it therefore there doesn't need to be any discussion" feels off.
Stabbystab
Byond Username: StabbyStab

Post by Stabbystab » #710657

a ban being closed almost as fast as it was created is definitely a awful thing to do, everyone should have a chance to defend themselves and let their side be heard.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #710662

I feel like if this guy was as much of a shitter as the headmins say in order to justify a rule 0 ban, their name would be a lot more notorious in the community

Then again I haven't been around lately but it wasn't the impression I got

Also rare Vekter disagreeing with the administration......
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #710663

xemo is gonna be in an insane asylum by the end of this term
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #710665

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:55 am I feel like if this guy was as much of a shitter as the headmins say in order to justify a rule 0 ban, their name would be a lot more notorious in the community

Then again I haven't been around lately but it wasn't the impression I got

Also rare Vekter disagreeing with the administration......
If their beef was him being abusive during ahelps the general playerbase wouldn't know but I think they should release the ahelp logs so we could see for ourselves.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #710666

I am sort of glad that complaint happened. The things I said in another thread in another players club thread is my opinion on it:
Constellado wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:12 am The problem is not everybody looks in the players club. They might see the appeal and think that the headmin team is not being communicative enough or is not giving players a fair treatment or ways to explain themselves or get clarification. That can cause a sour taste.

I agree, saying KYS to an admin is pretty bad. However, anybody looking at this appeal without reading the players club would have no idea that even happened.
Please listen to the players. Show that you are listening. Closing ban appeals, peanuts, and complaints like that will make outsiders think: oh they are not listening.
Even if you are.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710667

Constellado wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:34 am I am sort of glad that complaint happened. The things I said in another thread in another players club thread is my opinion on it:
Constellado wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:12 am The problem is not everybody looks in the players club. They might see the appeal and think that the headmin team is not being communicative enough or is not giving players a fair treatment or ways to explain themselves or get clarification. That can cause a sour taste.

I agree, saying KYS to an admin is pretty bad. However, anybody looking at this appeal without reading the players club would have no idea that even happened.
Please listen to the players. Show that you are listening. Closing ban appeals, peanuts, and complaints like that will make outsiders think: oh they are not listening.
Even if you are.
a sound take.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #710670

people on digg misinterpret tgstation appeals all teh time, it makes no difference, the server rolls on.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #710673

Its a high profile ban appeal, despite only having 1 reply and instantly being locked it has nearly the same views as Seth`s golem ban, remember how large that peanut thread was talking specifically about seth and his many many lives?

All of those people looking at it and seeing that it got instantly closed.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710674

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:55 am Also rare Vekter disagreeing with the administration......
You folks don't see what goes on in the smokey back-rooms of admin-bus; this isn't the first time I've disagreed with other admins on a matter and it won't be the last.

Worth noting that I definitely agree with Xemo's decision to ban Skiwasser - they were given a warning that this might be coming and did nothing to change their playstyle. I just disagree with saying that the ruling about not being able to complain about a banning admin's conduct applies here.

As for whether or not to leave the appeal open, it's not an easy decision. Leaving it open looks better from an optics standpoint, but it's effectively dangling a rope over someone's head as they hang on to a cliffside. There's not much point in giving someone a chance to talk themselves out of it when they don't actually have that chance. I think it would've been nice to leave it open, but I'm not sure what it would've accomplished other than giving Ski more time to talk.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #710677

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:55 am Also rare Vekter disagreeing with the administration......
I've seen Vekter doing some monumental slaps on admin faces when he sees bullshit or incorrect behaviour, and I haven't seen him either being wrong or, when he is, dying on a hill.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710678

conrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:14 am
I've seen Vekter doing some monumental slaps on admin faces when he sees bullshit or incorrect behaviour, and I haven't seen him either being wrong or, when he is, dying on a hill.
I'm respectful about it. I wouldn't say I slap people's faces as much as I throw my hat on the ground and wag my finger.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #710679

Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:48 am
You folks don't see what goes on in the smokey back-rooms of admin-bus; this isn't the first time I've disagreed with other admins on a matter and it won't be the last.

Worth noting that I definitely agree with Xemo's decision to ban Skiwasser - they were given a warning that this might be coming and did nothing to change their playstyle. I just disagree with saying that the ruling about not being able to complain about a banning admin's conduct applies here.

As for whether or not to leave the appeal open, it's not an easy decision. Leaving it open looks better from an optics standpoint, but it's effectively dangling a rope over someone's head as they hang on to a cliffside. There's not much point in giving someone a chance to talk themselves out of it when they don't actually have that chance. I think it would've been nice to leave it open, but I'm not sure what it would've accomplished other than giving Ski more time to talk.
I think there's a very easy middleground on it.

"This appeal is Denied, but if you wish to discuss the circumstances that lead up to it to help you improve, we can."
Lizardistaken
Byond Username: DaliIsTaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #710694

Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:48 am Worth noting that I definitely agree with Xemo's decision to ban Skiwasser - they were given a warning that this might be coming and did nothing to change their playstyle. I just disagree with saying that the ruling about not being able to complain about a banning admin's conduct applies here.
from what i've understood, sk1wass3r was warned about the OOC IC notes he had been racking up. personally i wouldn't say he "did nothing to change" considering he hadn't gotten any more of these ever since iain0 talked to him about it. there doesn't seem to have been any clear communication about his playstyle in specific either from what i can tell from his appeal.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710696

Lizardistaken wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:46 pm
Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:48 am Worth noting that I definitely agree with Xemo's decision to ban Skiwasser - they were given a warning that this might be coming and did nothing to change their playstyle. I just disagree with saying that the ruling about not being able to complain about a banning admin's conduct applies here.
from what i've understood, sk1wass3r was warned about the OOC IC notes he had been racking up. personally i wouldn't say he "did nothing to change" considering he hadn't gotten any more of these ever since iain0 talked to him about it. there doesn't seem to have been any clear communication about his playstyle in specific either from what i can tell from his appeal.
Possibly; I'm not familiar with him beyond what I've been told, so I have to go off of what other admins have experienced with him.
Spoiler:

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #710697

Personally if I got noted every other day I would change my play style
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #710710

Timonk wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:28 pm Personally if I got noted every other day I would change my play style
if ur getting noted every other day its the administrator thats wrong. super mario squid in a detective suit from watchman says never compromise even in the face of permaban
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Lizardistaken
Byond Username: DaliIsTaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #710728

Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:26 pm
Lizardistaken wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:46 pm
Possibly; I'm not familiar with him beyond what I've been told, so I have to go off of what other admins have experienced with him.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35231
there's not much to read considering it got instantly locked, but that is what i got from this. the man seems genuinely confused here and just wants to get some info
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710737

Lizardistaken wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:54 pm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35231
there's not much to read considering it got instantly locked, but that is what i got from this. the man seems genuinely confused here and just wants to get some info
Yes, I read the appeal, I just am not personally familiar with his playstyle because I don't play on Terry.
Spoiler:

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #710738

My only interactions with talon were a few funny haha tide moments along with them learning circuits from me so they can make drones that grab people.

Also them yelling at their team because I`m just casually walking through a crowd of a dozen cultists under the guise of an innocent friendly lizard until im next to them and the grenades in my backpack go off.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch