My random captain gimmicks that i have never done but hope you can do too.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

My random captain gimmicks that i have never done but hope you can do too.

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #712091

Lead the station through faith and spirituality, appoint the chaplain as a moral guide to counsel believers and convert non-believers. Have people do public penance (public whipping and praying) to atone for their sins. Not sure what to base your religion around? look at rimworld ideology's memes. and pick what you want to do, such as technology shunting luddites, a focus on taking drugs all the time, or idealizing pain and being charitable.

If you dont want to be a religious zealot, you can also:

Disguise yourself, ditch your captain gear (but maybe not your headset) and pretend to be a tider, snoop around. Even better if you obtain an agent ID so you can blend into the greytide better. Getting your genes altered to fit your false identity works even better.

If the shift is going calm, you can challenge the syndicate by leaving the disk in a room full of turrets to bait a lone operative into spawning. But be careful, if admins realize your plan, you may bite off more than you can chew (full operative squad).

Host a gladiator duel between 2 antagonists/assistants, winner gets to go free/gets the spare, loser gets turned into hamburgers/taken to medbay.

Be creative with changing the AI's Laws, however do keep in mind if you want to create your own lawset, you have to quickly purge and add your own desired laws in as fast as possible because purged AIs are unpredictable. Do it quick or else they will turn the turrets on and kill you.

Do prohibition all over again, limit how strong of alcohol power drink a bartender can serve, but open illegal speakeasys.

sell ad space by announcing other crewmates' businesses with the comms console.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: My random captain gimmicks that i have never done but hope you can do too.

Post by Timonk » #712102

No
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #712103

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:25 am
If the shift is going calm, you can challenge the syndicate by leaving the disk in a room full of turrets to bait a lone operative into spawning. But be careful, if admins realize your plan, you may bite off more than you can chew (full operative squad).
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:25 am
Be creative with changing the AI's Laws, however do keep in mind if you want to create your own lawset, you have to quickly purge and add your own desired laws in as fast as possible because purged AIs are unpredictable. Do it quick or else they will turn the turrets on and kill you.

these will likely lead to a bwoink, be careful when treating it as a gimmick you'd pull out often
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #712238

if the captain wants to change the ai's laws that is his prerogative.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #712241

if you want to add spice to a round just open up 10 clown slots, 10 sec slots, and put them on priority

you now have all the ingredients necessary for an amazing round
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712268

just make the clown acting captain and run off with your AA id to do whatever you want.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #712352

I like to steal money from the vault