Look at this photograph

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Look at this photograph

Post by Bepis » #728344

every time I do it makes me laugh

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36126
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Re: Look at this photograph

Post by Scriptis » #728345

how many times did he use the exploit before someone noticed
Spoiler:

DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #728348

It is really shitty to delete their whole album over this, especially with no warning. Exploiting is a serious offense, but that's like rubbing salt in the wound instead of excising an infected segment.
Walter brought back Crack.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #728351

There is no action you can take in the game which would justify deleting someone's photo album, that's not an administrative action.
If you don't trust a player to stop exploiting just ban them. If you don't think they're dangerous enough to ban (and this is an exploit that saves you a few minutes per round, ultimately not very important) then why delete their photos?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #728352

Deleting the album is really shitty. I hope it wasn't intended but regardless it isnt very justifiable.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #728356

I'm not sure we can delete individual pictures from photo albums, so I don't know if deleting it was the only way to actually resolve the issue. I suppose we could have just warned him about the exploit and bonked him if he kept using it. That being said, one could argue that improvedname placed their photo album in jeopardy by using it to exploit a bug, so it could go either way.

It's a very drastic action and I would need to know whether or not deleting a specific photo is possible with admin tools before I could say whether or not it was justified.

E: There's also a secret third thing, which is "iain didn't mean to delete the whole album and spaghetti code is A Thing".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
soreyew
Byond Username: SoreYew

Post by soreyew » #728359

What kind of ego tripping clown goes and adds another photo that says "bad" to it? Its not cute or playful lol.

As far as deleting the album itself though, probably shouldn't have put it in jeopardy by using it as a bug exploit!
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #728362

Why not just ask the player to remove the photo? I think anything that isn’t in the photo album at roundend isn’t saved so they could have done that.
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #728363

From viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36129, we can see that iain0 didn't delete the other pictures (they weren't even in the album when he pulled them, so it wasn't even possibly an accidental deletion).
With that in mind, removing the exploit picture and inserting one saying "Bad" is B A S E D, bc it's hella funny. Imagine the player can't see the wires, goes check their album and finds a photo that says "Bad". Once again, iain beats all allegations and proves to act in good faith
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #728364

There was a fourth secret option which was "nothing iain actually did resulted in the photos being deleted".

I'm not a fan of MSO sniping someone before even knowing what happened but whatever, we have zero recourse on that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #728373

What a dramatic series of events.
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #728377

This is the most kneejerk reaction I have seen from MSO in a long while, really disappointing.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #728384

industrial spionage, i literally laughed out loud when i saw the note reason
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #728385

the most logical step would be that you send in a group of interns to fun police the swasitka guy by beating him up and taking the photo that is clearly very dear to him out of his album
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #728393

Timonk wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:06 pm Image
the most logical step would be that you send in a group of interns to fun police the swasitka guy by beating him up and taking the photo that is clearly very dear to him out of his album
I would rather just ban the guy for making pictures of hate symbols but okay
Spoiler:

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #728395

huh, I wonder what happened to their photos.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #728397

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:00 pm huh, I wonder what happened to their photos.
Probably some dickhead dumped them from his album, which is very unfortunate...

Note for the viewers: if you ever find out that someone dumped your album, ahelp ASAP before the round ends. Deleting your album prevents it from saving. You will lose all photos taken in that round, but you'll keep previous ones
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728398

Justice12354 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:51 pm From viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36129, we can see that iain0 didn't delete the other pictures (they weren't even in the album when he pulled them, so it wasn't even possibly an accidental deletion).
With that in mind, removing the exploit picture and inserting one saying "Bad" is B A S E D, bc it's hella funny. Imagine the player can't see the wires, goes check their album and finds a photo that says "Bad". Once again, iain beats all allegations and proves to act in good faith
I swear to god some of you admins don't think before you say something foolish. Guy was absolutely an idiot for abusing an exploit after reporting it but calling it based that they lost their photo album is moronic.

am dumb
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #728401

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:26 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:51 pm From viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36129, we can see that iain0 didn't delete the other pictures (they weren't even in the album when he pulled them, so it wasn't even possibly an accidental deletion).
I swear to god some of you admins don't think before you say something foolish. Guy was absolutely an idiot for abusing an exploit after reporting it but calling it based that they lost their photo album is moronic.
I swear to god some of you don't read well before you say something foolish. I said that iain's intent was based, not that they lost their photo album, that part is shitty

E: Literally look at the post right above yours. Biggest brain ever
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #728402

I am glad to hear that no photo albums were deleted, would have been a wildly out of pocket thing to do
I also think we should delete RedBaronFlyer's photo album for this not-reading-the-thread blunder
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #728424

actually how do i get a photo album anyway
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #728425

there's a photographer quirk which spawns you with one
I believe additionally there is one persistent photo album per department which spawns in the head of staff's locker
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #728427

I'm just glad it appears there wasn't any malfeasance involved. Sucks losing pictures you've had for a while

related, enjoy a John Mulaney bit

zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #728428

Justice12354 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 pmNote for the viewers: if you ever find out that someone dumped your album, ahelp ASAP before the round ends. Deleting your album prevents it from saving. You will lose all photos taken in that round, but you'll keep previous ones
The whole album thing is kinda handled dumb. I guess it's probably just a silly feature that outgrew it's intentions, but saving should be changed to like using a console to upload the album to the cloud or something.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728430

Justice12354 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:09 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:26 pm
I swear to god some of you don't read well before you say something foolish. I said that iain's intent was based, not that they lost their photo album, that part is shitty

E: Literally look at the post right above yours. Biggest brain ever
u smell

also yeah I was a bit harsh and jumped the gun. I apologize.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Thu May 09, 2024 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #728431

is it okay if i do a clown gimmick called "photo album dumper" where i just rob random people to look for photo albums to dump
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728432

Timonk wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:52 pm is it okay if i do a clown gimmick called "photo album dumper" where i just rob random people to look for photo albums to dump
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #728435

Timonk wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:52 pm is it okay if i do a clown gimmick called "photo album dumper" where i just rob random people to look for photo albums to dump
based
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #728461

So they noted someone and deleted their photo album for abusing an oversight? The code was working as intended and the abuse of it wasnt used against other players it was an advantage against the pve elements of the game.

But okay lets not punish the people that literally exploited a bug with cargo economy to buy infinite lasers and mow down any blob that spawned, meanwhile i get bwoinked because the armor and health values of ARMORED glass are too high and then use that armored glass for its intended purpose of a barrier that lasers can go through.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #728464

MooCow12 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:31 pm So they noted someone and deleted their photo album for abusing an oversight? The code was working as intended and the abuse of it wasnt used against other players it was an advantage against the pve elements of the game.

But okay lets not punish the people that literally exploited a bug with cargo economy to buy infinite lasers and mow down any blob that spawned, meanwhile i get bwoinked because the armor and health values of ARMORED glass are too high and then use that armored glass for its intended purpose of a barrier that lasers can go through.
snail emoji
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #728468

Jacquerel wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:25 am
snail emoji
I was too busy to look at club
Attachments
matchhistory.png
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #728480

Sometimes I see the title and think it says phonograph and then I get confused
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #728499

Is there actually any safeguards put into the album that stops people dumping your photos maliciously though? Feels like we really should have some means of preventing that shit
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #728500

DaydreamIQ wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:30 pm Is there actually any safeguards put into the album that stops people dumping your photos maliciously though? Feels like we really should have some means of preventing that shit
it doesnt delete photos if you take them out IIRC but only saves photos after the round ends
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #728501

DaydreamIQ wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:30 pm Is there actually any safeguards put into the album that stops people dumping your photos maliciously though? Feels like we really should have some means of preventing that shit
The only safeguard is asking your local admin to delete the album if someone dumps your photos... If the round ends, you're done.. Anyway, this was most likely just a funny quirky gimmick that wasn't intended to be taken so dearly by the community
Spoiler: