terry trialmin meets normal Manuel Rp

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

terry trialmin meets normal Manuel Rp

Post by Blacklist897 » #702015

Bottom post of the previous page:

Acting cap is informed that the QM refused to attempt to sort let alone deliver mail.
When a baton is stolen and the acting called a retard the QM suffers from Chat shit get shot
Acting gets hit with a command ban that the admin claims is a perma one

the appeal
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Re: terry trialmin meets normal Manuel Rp

Post by TypicalRig » #702255

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:55 pm And people say Manuel isn't like our other servers.

It's an MRP Terry.
I've been telling people this for ages. Just OBSERVE how quickly they'll ignore their own stay in their lane rules to desperately swarm over a valid and it shows enough. :shock:
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #702273

TypicalRig wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:17 am
Timberpoes wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:55 pm And people say Manuel isn't like our other servers.

It's an MRP Terry.
I've been telling people this for ages. Just OBSERVE how quickly they'll ignore their own stay in their lane rules to desperately swarm over a valid and it shows enough. :shock:
Yeah it's annoying. I try to do fun antag gimmicks and get decimated. One time as malf AI I setup a xeno fight cage and right as I organized it and got some assistants to fist fight xenos sec killed them all and then me :(
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #702274

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:58 pm

It's an MRP Terry.
Yeah it's annoying. I try to do fun antag gimmicks and get decimated. One time as malf AI I setup a xeno fight cage and right as I organized it and got some assistants to fist fight xenos sec killed them all and then me :(
Non-murdery Malf AI gimmicks are painfully underrated. Hell, AI gimmicks in general are.
Never forget the BZ-Filled One-Way Supermax Gay Baby Jail Zoo For Human Harming Changelings (TM).
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #702344

It's an MRP Terry.
The issue with any sort of malf/lawless AI is that you could theoretically snap at any moment and kill the crew. It’s the same issue “friendly” spiders and Xenos have. (Friendly spiders and xenos are cringe.)

This in turn means that the crew is basically incentivized into revolting and killing or resetting the AI’s laws, because dying to a malf AI is frustrating and unlike spiders/xenos (or even cult/revs) you don’t usually get to join the other side if you/the crew dies. I know there’s the borg converter but most players I see would rather go soulless than be a silicon. Silicons suck but being forced to be a silicon is even worse.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #702345

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:45 pm The issue with any sort of malf/lawless AI is that you could theoretically snap at any moment and kill the crew. It’s the same issue “friendly” spiders and Xenos have. (Friendly spiders and xenos are cringe.)

This in turn means that the crew is basically incentivized into revolting and killing or resetting the AI’s laws, because dying to a malf AI is frustrating and unlike spiders/xenos you don’t usually get to join the other side if you/the crew dies.
Well, the issue with friendly spiders is a bit different: there are many, many players each playing a spider, and all it takes is one of them being a shitter to start all-out crew-on-spider warfare. Same thing with xenobio making tons of golems. It used to be even worse when cardboard golems were still a thing.
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #702400

Thranos wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:42 pm

It's an MRP Terry.
Non-murdery Malf AI gimmicks are painfully underrated. Hell, AI gimmicks in general are.
Never forget the BZ-Filled One-Way Supermax Gay Baby Jail Zoo For Human Harming Changelings (TM).
Bro I've straight up pumped BZ gas into the station as a malf AI to flush out a ling. It was so funny