These badmins must learn their lesson!!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

These badmins must learn their lesson!!

Post by Justice12354 » #695097

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34502

"how can we let badmins like CharleyQuinn trample upon our note history because they were slightly inconvenienced?"
PAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: These badmins must learn their lesson!!

Post by sinfulbliss » #695293

it's like a kid throwing a bunch of sand in the air at the playground and someone gets sand in his eyes and then the kid's mom is like BOTH OF YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR PLAYING WITH SAND!

and then the kid that got sand in his eyes is like "what the fuck I didn't do anything" but because it's his parents he has to just say "yes sir" and "yes ma'am" then he never plays with sand ever again and hates sand
Spoiler:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #695294

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:14 pm it's like a kid throwing a bunch of sand in the air at the playground and someone gets sand in his eyes and then the kid's mom is like BOTH OF YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR PLAYING WITH SAND!

and then the kid that got sand in his eyes is like "what the fuck I didn't do anything" but because it's his parents he has to just say "yes sir" and "yes ma'am" then he never plays with sand ever again and hates sand
I don't like sand.
Its course and rough and irritating.
It gets everywhere.
respect (let him do his thing)
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #695295

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:09 pm
I feel not for the note, but for tg/station/, how can we let badmins like CharleyQuinn trample upon our note history because they were slightly inconvenienced? I feel that the re-introduction of this note to my account would make things right once more, and perhaps CharleyQuinn will learn her lesson...
Read this and tell me it sounds like a serious appeal.

What a complete waste of everyone's time this is.
To me, that looks like somebody who is adding a bit of humor to a pretty serious situation. Or is potentially revelling in the fact he caught an admin breaking policy and is getting back at them.
It doesnt take away from the fact that an admin took away a positive note. Nobody should do that in my opinion. Even as a joke. Only time it should happen is if somebody actually asks, genuinely, to get the note removed. He even said don't remove my note in the discord messages.

I will be honest though. This was all very entertaining. A very good peanut. Not a waste of time. We litterally just saw both an admin and a player fuck around and find out at the same time.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #695296

Constellado wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:19 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:09 pm
I feel not for the note, but for tg/station/, how can we let badmins like CharleyQuinn trample upon our note history because they were slightly inconvenienced? I feel that the re-introduction of this note to my account would make things right once more, and perhaps CharleyQuinn will learn her lesson...
Read this and tell me it sounds like a serious appeal.

What a complete waste of everyone's time this is.
To me, that looks like somebody who is adding a bit of humor to a pretty serious situation. Or is potentially revelling in the fact he caught an admin breaking policy and is getting back at them.
It doesnt take away from the fact that an admin took away a positive note. Nobody should do that in my opinion. Even as a joke. Only time it should happen is if somebody actually asks, genuinely, to get the note removed. He even said don't remove my note in the discord messages.

I will be honest though. This was all very entertaining. A very good peanut. Not a waste of time. We litterally just saw both an admin and a player fuck around and find out at the same time.
To be fair to the player, he was probably legitimately joking around until the admin actually decided to remove the note.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #695297

Pepper wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:10 am
dendydoom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:42 am as for the second part, a lot of admins haven't commented or were, like me, not involved in the situation and so are learning about it purely in retrospect, just like players are.
peanut threads are prime candidates for circlejerking. allowing a public platform for baseless gawking by anyone (let alone admins, who in my opinion should be leading by example with their behavior) only serves to further reinforce toxic mindsets. the way people chomp at the bit to create threads over even the most trivial appeals or complaints is a good tell as to why this board used to be called the cuck shed.
i agree with the sentiment of this, but the court of public opinion is an inevitability and trying to silence it would do much worse, i fear. it would do much less harm if we just let people shitpost and speak frankly about their thoughts on bans and appeals; it's not like we have any real power to overturn a decision anyway.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:58 am admins should not be reprimanded for replying jokingly to a joke appeal, lol
that's fair but honestly it's foolish to make a "joke" appeal in the first place. we're supposed to take them and the player's concerns within them seriously, especially when they're directed at a decision we took in our capacity as an admin.

(EDIT: they were also told to make an appeal if they had an issue with the decision. perhaps the resulting appeal was a joke, perhaps it was serious with a mocking tone, but ultimately it's something they were told to do if they took issue with the decision)
Last edited by dendydoom on Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695301

Why you think you should be unbanned: Res ipsa loquitur, Latin for "the thing speaks for itself", it is clear that this note removal was done out of COMPLETE malicious intent, there was absolutely zero reisin to remove the note. I had never complained about its existence, I had never went to the event runner to ask for an adjustment and I had never in the conversation stated that I wished for its ultimate removal. CharleyQuinn might have simply wanted to punish me for the inconvenience caused by having to open Discord to reply to a ping from a user who wasn't even myself.

This comment is overdramatic and very hostile to the admin, which makes it very hard to accept.

It is, unfortunately, also made out of righteous anger over having their positive note removed over petty admin abuse.

People were more concerned over the tone of the appeal over the substance.

MSO's comment on a previous issue between admin and player should be noted here.
Players should not be expected to bite their tongue towards admins who fuck up, even in minor ways. They are allowed to express their frustration, and all of our admins are capable of handling it.
Prussen
Byond Username: Prussen

Post by Prussen » #695326

dendydoom wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:18 pm if you quote latin in a ban appeal you should have it escalated to a perma immediately
I learned the latin quote is from a Leagle Eagle Youtube video on the first episode of Saul Goodman, unfortunate that no-one picked up...
(The video: https://youtu.be/HG29zeyWn58)
Prussen

Post by Prussen » #695329

Archie700 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:35 pm
Why you think you should be unbanned: Res ipsa loquitur, Latin for "the thing speaks for itself", it is clear that this note removal was done out of COMPLETE malicious intent, there was absolutely zero reisin to remove the note. I had never complained about its existence, I had never went to the event runner to ask for an adjustment and I had never in the conversation stated that I wished for its ultimate removal. CharleyQuinn might have simply wanted to punish me for the inconvenience caused by having to open Discord to reply to a ping from a user who wasn't even myself.

This comment is overdramatic and very hostile to the admin, which makes it very hard to accept.

It is, unfortunately, also made out of righteous anger over having their positive note removed over petty admin abuse.

People were more concerned over the tone of the appeal over the substance.
I never meant the appeal to be perceived as hostile, since it was not meant to be too serious considering the subject matter mainly revolving around Discord shitposting, however I still think it was very poor conduct of CharleyQuinn to go out of their way to make me appeal for what is obviously breach of conduct. This should have never happened in the first place.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #695331

Chadley did nothing wrong here. Players "joking around" about getting antag tokens are rude and annoying as shit because it falls into the "HA HA HA. JUST KIDDING... UNLESS????" territory.
Prussen

Post by Prussen » #695332

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:54 pm I cant tell if hes trolling or not. He says he hanst had a bad note in the last 1k hours but then in the first image posts a bad note along with the fact he asked it to be removed
Erm... Did you read the appeal? The note was placed at 25 hours, I now have over 1000 hours. (https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Prussen). I also never asked for it to be removed?
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #695346

MODSSS HES POSTING IN HIS OWN PEANUT MODSSSSS
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695371

Let him. The appeal's basically over and all that's left is headmin stuff.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695383

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:06 pm Let him. The appeal's basically over and all that's left is headmin stuff.
Timber I swear to god if you kill a perfectly good, passionate, active eventrunning admin (EXTREMELY RARE. ONLY 1-2 EXIST ON A SERVER FOR AROUND 6 MONTHS BEFORE BURNING OUT), over removing a positive note, I'll become headmin next season and promote Yobi and B00t as trainers.
Spoiler:
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #695387

dendydoom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:26 pm i agree with the sentiment of this, but the court of public opinion is an inevitability and trying to silence it would do much worse, i fear. it would do much less harm if we just let people shitpost and speak frankly about their thoughts on bans and appeals; it's not like we have any real power to overturn a decision anyway.
of course, this board is meant to be a containment zone for such things, because if it's not done here then it'll be done in some private chat with even less accountability. i just think we should bring back self-destructing threads - maybe even give them a shorter timer than the 30 days the ntr hut had previously. best case scenario is to de incentivize drama whores from flocking to the forums for their sick owns and epic clout posts.
help
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #695388

Pepper wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:07 pm
dendydoom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:26 pm i agree with the sentiment of this, but the court of public opinion is an inevitability and trying to silence it would do much worse, i fear. it would do much less harm if we just let people shitpost and speak frankly about their thoughts on bans and appeals; it's not like we have any real power to overturn a decision anyway.
of course, this board is meant to be a containment zone for such things, because if it's not done here then it'll be done in some private chat with even less accountability. i just think we should bring back self-destructing threads - maybe even give them a shorter timer than the 30 days the ntr hut had previously. best case scenario is to de incentivize drama whores from flocking to the forums for their sick owns and epic clout posts.
Dont we have the auto-lock thing? At least, I think we do??
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #695389

kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:14 pm Dont we have the auto-lock thing? At least, I think we do??
most forums have auto locking threads after inactivity. i'm talking about the thread getting outright deleted after nobody has posted in it for 30 days.
help
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #695391

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:43 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:06 pm Let him. The appeal's basically over and all that's left is headmin stuff.
Timber I swear to god if you kill a perfectly good, passionate, active eventrunning admin (EXTREMELY RARE. ONLY 1-2 EXIST ON A SERVER FOR AROUND 6 MONTHS BEFORE BURNING OUT), over removing a positive note, I'll become headmin next season and promote Yobi and B00t as trainers.
run for headmin do it
► Show Spoiler
Prussen

Post by Prussen » #695397

Do this so next election we can have Kieth4 lite on the polls
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695398

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:14 pm it's like a kid throwing a bunch of sand in the air at the playground and someone gets sand in his eyes and then the kid's mom is like BOTH OF YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR PLAYING WITH SAND!

is ekat taking the week off or something my dude
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #695401

i dont see why this isnt as simple as going "hey charley dont do that again" and she goes "okay lesson learned"
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #695408

c4g wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:30 pm i dont see why this isnt as simple as going "hey charley dont do that again" and she goes "okay lesson learned"
Mmm, no, I don't think words will suffice for this one. I have, however, figured out an alternative solution.
I implore you all to draw a Squidward image as alternative means of communication. Here's mine, for example:
Squidward1.png
Last edited by Indie-ana Jones on Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prussen

Post by Prussen » #695409

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:07 pm
c4g wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:30 pm i dont see why this isnt as simple as going "hey charley dont do that again" and she goes "okay lesson learned"
Mmm, no, I don't think words will suffice for this one. I have, however, figured out an alternative solution.

I implore you all to draw a Squidward image as alternative means of communication. Here's mine, for example:

Squidward1.png
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695412

Squidward1.png
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #695415

timber is mad about this one i posted blablabal to a huge essay he wrote on in it in admin bus and he timed me out for 24 hours so he must have been pretty heated.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695423

oranges wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:50 pm timber is mad about this one i posted blablabal to a huge essay he wrote on in it in admin bus and he timed me out for 24 hours so he must have been pretty heated.
you didn't post a squidward
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #695428

I haven't read all of this thread but the reaction from some of the other admins and the bandwagoning they did excusing what I and the entire headmin team universally and immediately agreed was a very poor look on the admin team is honestly disappointing.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #695432

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:46 pm I haven't read all of this thread but the reaction from some of the other admins and the bandwagoning they did excusing what I and the entire headmin team universally and immediately agreed was a very poor look on the admin team is honestly disappointing.
Frankly nobody gives a flying fuck how this made the 200 inactive gamemasters who populate the TG adminteam private channels “look.”

So many colored names bitching and moaning, but not actually adminning. The same “veterans” who log onto the servers once or twice a month, just so they can claim they’re still an “active admin” to keep the purple role and thus stay a part of their bus and chatter communities — the only reason many are probably even still here.

Meanwhile? The 10 actual admins who are active, of whom Charley is in the forefront, are out here in the game servers, round after round, running events, taking tickets, and making the servers awesome. All the critics bitching and moaning about how “the TG admin team looks” should look in the mirror and ask themselves what they’ve actually done for TG in the past month. I can almost fucking guarantee you it’s not half as much as Charley has done.

I will leave you with a quote from Theodore Roosevelt:
It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.
Spoiler:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695436

Removing another admins positive note because they criticized your event is so dumb and petty it actually reads as somewhat based.

It's wrong and I'm glad they realise that. But I can understand why admins would like the idea of an entitled player criticising an event getting comeuppance.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #695443

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:11 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:46 pm I haven't read all of this thread but the reaction from some of the other admins and the bandwagoning they did excusing what I and the entire headmin team universally and immediately agreed was a very poor look on the admin team is honestly disappointing.
Frankly nobody gives a flying fuck how this made the 200 inactive gamemasters who populate the TG adminteam private channels “look.”
Not about the look itself, but rather about the implication, which is that admins would rather "close ranks" when someone fucks up and defend poor admin conduct than hold each other accountable for the betterment of the community as a whole.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:11 pm All the critics bitching and moaning about how “the TG admin team looks” should look in the mirror and ask themselves what they’ve actually done for TG in the past month. I can almost fucking guarantee you it’s not half as much as Charley has done.
MSO runs the whole server... that's what he's done...
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:11 pm I will leave you with a quote from Theodore Roosevelt
A quote is just something someone else said. It's no more or less correct than something you say just because some dead guy said it first.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #695447

the false stone speaks
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #695450

oranges wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:50 pm timber is mad about this one i posted blablabal to a huge essay he wrote on in it in admin bus and he timed me out for 24 hours so he must have been pretty heated.
this is really funny to picture
i dont think they are going to kill charleyquinn over this one thing
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695471

i like it. very lively, squidward is striking a dynamic and energetic pose: one arm up, one arm down, wide stance of his four legs. he is wide eyed and alert, and he gives the impression that he is ready for anything, but wants them to see that he's ready by exerting a powerful confidence in his abilities.
Prussen wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:10 pm
NSFW:
it's lovely and expressive. squidward is alone in darkness, he seems uncertain, perhaps unprepared, but he also doesn't show any signs of panic. his hands are at the ready, but his eyebrows and expression denote complacency. he's in unfamiliar territory, but he's dealing with it without letting it get the better of him.

thank you both for sharing your squidwards.
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #695480

Chadley quit adminning :despair:
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #695482

oranges wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:52 am Chadley quit adminning :despair:
WHERE IS THIS INFO????
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695483

Admins more like sadmins gottem
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695485

Lacran wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:45 am Admins more like sadmins gottem
tbh I feel bad about the whole affair

We do a little too much trolling.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695486

I really do not like how many of the admins who mocked the appeal suddenly went silent when Timber and Keith went and slammed the hammer.

At least apologise for jumping the gun.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #695490

I dunno. The dude was being an entitled toe rag it's just not acceptable to abuse admin powers to win arguments or punish dumb criticism.

The people defending it on a rules basis are being dumb as shit though.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #695491

Lacran wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:29 am I dunno. The dude was being an entitled toe rag it's just not acceptable to abuse admin powers to win arguments or punish dumb criticism.

The people defending it on a rules basis are being dumb as shit though.
You can mock the person for being pompous, just don't act like the abuse was justified based on this.

This is the "Heartbreaking: The Worst Person You Know Just Made A Great Point" of appeals.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #695499

Promoting controversial players to admin isn't the threat you think it is because becoming an admin accelerates the rate of total ss13 burnout. Why do you think I keep telling you to apply?
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #695501

I made my feelings clear about this appeal in the voice chat: "Be a bitch about it in the appeal but give them the note back anyway"
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #695503

Archie700 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:56 am I really do not like how many of the admins who mocked the appeal suddenly went silent when Timber and Keith went and slammed the hammer.

At least apologise for jumping the gun.
i wish i was there for the discussion around this in retrospect, i feel like it could've quite easily been stopped with a few adversarial voices to the decision. i took a jab at the appeal because it *is* written in a mocking and humorous tone, so after skim-reading it late at night i honestly thought the whole situation was some kind of agreed upon joke between the admin and the appealer about something that happened on a server i don't play on, so i felt like dropping a zinger on 'em, as many are wont to do in the peanut parlour.

the situation is alarming, though. it breaks the procedure on how we treat notes and what they represent as part of the record keeping process. someone could argue that a positive note in this regard is an endorsement of the player in their entirety, so with that in mind, it could start to become clear why removing a positive note in light of negative behaviour would begin to make sense, but of course that's where it stops. the fact of the matter is that whatever action a player takes afterwards that changes the admin's opinion of them, it doesn't change the situation that warranted the note specifically in the first place, and it's not up to us to play around with people's records like that. a new situation warrants a new note, not removing an old one to fit the new narrative.

finally, basing an in-game admin decision on shitposting from the discord is silly. this could've been resolved with a conversation between them both.

having said all that, charley is a good admin and this one event shouldn't define them. they're well liked by players for a reason: because they're good at what they do. i hope this is resolved and we can all learn a little something from it.
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695505

Nobody's looking to deadmin or fail trial or anything. This was a generally minor misuse of admin powers in the grand scheme of what admins **can** do to abuse.

The most that has been suggested is a formal warning to not do anything like this again, and probably an announcement to the admin team reminding them of acceptable conduct and the team's culture of each of us helping to keep us all honest and prevent abuse.

But our admin conduct is one of the things that allows us to look at shitmins on other servers and laugh at them. It's what enables us to have a large admin team. Truth be told, we have so many admins there's no way a three-headmin triumvirate can Big Brother them all, so the team culture is for us all to keep eachother honest and call out any suspected misuse of admin powers or tools for discussion.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #695506

Wish I could de-admin all fucking essay posters man. Charley isn't one so she safe for now.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #695508

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #695509

kieth4 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:35 pm Wish I could de-admin all fucking essay posters man. Charley isn't one so she safe for now.
Introduction

In the realm of academic pursuits, few tasks seem as mind-numbingly monotonous and absurd as the process of writing essays. Whether in school or college, students are burdened with the incessant need to produce essay after essay, often on topics that hold little interest or relevance to their lives. This essay aims to dissect the reasons why the practice of writing essays can be perceived as foolish and pointless, delving into the underlying issues that make it seem like a meaningless exercise in futility.
One of the primary reasons why essay writing seems stupid is the repetitive nature of the task. Students are required to structure their essays in a rigid format, adhering to an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. While this structure might be necessary for organizing ideas effectively, it can be stifling to creativity and original thought. The constant repetition of this formula across various essays makes the process seem mechanical and devoid of genuine intellectual exploration.
Another exasperating aspect of essay writing is the arbitrary selection of topics that often have no real-world significance. Students are handed topics that may be obscure, irrelevant, or already well-covered in academic literature. This can lead to a sense of detachment from the subject matter, making the essay writing experience feel like an exercise in regurgitating information rather than engaging in meaningful inquiry.
In the pursuit of essay writing, students are fixated on reaching a specific word count. This obsession with length can drive them to employ verbose language, filler sentences, and redundant arguments, ultimately compromising the quality of the content. The emphasis on quantity over quality further contributes to the belief that essay writing is an arbitrary exercise focused on meeting superficial requirements.
Another reason why writing essays may seem foolish is the questionable effectiveness of using them as a means of assessment. Grading essays can be highly subjective, depending on the evaluator's biases and preferences. This subjectivity undermines the credibility of essay-based evaluations and often fails to accurately reflect a student's true knowledge or understanding of a subject.
If you've managed to read this far, I must commend you for your patience and perseverance. However, I must also take this opportunity to berate you for willingly subjecting yourself to an essay that condemns the very act of writing essays. Perhaps you sought an alternative perspective or a rebellious voice against the academic norms. Nevertheless, I find it paradoxical that you would willingly consume content that criticizes the exact medium in which it is presented.
In conclusion, the process of writing essays may be perceived as stupid due to its repetitive nature, the arbitrary selection of topics, the obsession with word count, and the questionable effectiveness of assessment. While essay writing might be an essential skill in some academic and professional settings, its current form often seems disconnected from real-world application and genuine intellectual exploration.
If you managed to read this essay without feeling exasperated, consider yourself fortunate. The hope is that as education evolves, the emphasis on rigid essay writing will lessen, and students will be encouraged to engage in more meaningful and creative expressions of their thoughts and ideas. Until then, let us endure the tedium together, trapped within the labyrinth of essays, desperately seeking a glimmer of intellectual freedom.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #695511

kek wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:21 pm
kek wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:35 pm kek
kek
kek
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #695513

s t a r s e c t o r
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #695557

Dang this post got me banned from admin bus for leaking, which made me pretty salty since my timeout was public knowledge and the only thing i leaked was that he was discussing the ban.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #695586

Archie700 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:56 am I really do not like how many of the admins who mocked the appeal suddenly went silent when Timber and Keith went and slammed the hammer.
While I don't think I was one who was mocking the appeal, I will say this in their defense,

For a while I genuinely thought this was like an inside joke between Charley and the Appealer, and could not tell that there was real discontent between the two parties. There is a lot of confusion about tone, (which is also what I believe started this whole downward spiral), and I also had no idea it was Fikou's note rather than Armodias'.

In conclusion, everyone should use tone indicators when you're speaking ambiguously! An ellipses is not a valid indicator of sarcastic intention...

Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #695588

PAGE 3