it's so joever for manuel sec

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

it's so joever for manuel sec

Post by Bmon » #704284

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34934

ngl dont think MRP sec should murderizing the clown for eating all the vax pills
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: it's so joever for manuel sec

Post by EmpressMaia » #704367

Same ideas as baron but with more blame on dynamic. Dynamic fucks sec over hard and admins are always breathing down the 3 sec players collars incase the catgirl gets mad they got harm batoned for being an asshole
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704370

"dealing with bad guys in proportion to their crimes" has been a blight upon the mrp rules methinks
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #704371

We need to get an idea of what the model sec player should look like.

Is it possible to have such a thing without them getting complaints from anybody?

It's bound to happen. Sec gets the most bans for a reason.

I think Jeff is cool. I was antag once and he let me on parole so I can help him lynch the captain.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #704393

On reread:

Captain was present and told him to just beat the clown up, he killed the clown instead. Seems fairly obvious that "don't blow away people with shotguns when the cap's said to beat them up" is good sec play, though its entirely understandable that someone's nerves being frazzled by an adminspawn TDM against a legion of killer clown mobs might influence them to just kill the clown.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #704394

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:09 am "dealing with bad guys in proportion to their crimes" has been a blight upon the mrp rules methinks
I think it's to do with the wording that leads to subjective enforcement. One admin's proportional is another admeme's excessive force.

The good part of it I might like to see in LRP is not just instantly executing someone for being caught with a little bit of antag contraband before having had the chance to do anything at all.
We'll just have to trust HOS players to not be bloodthirsty, instead of making it an admin issue, since the latter clearly makes everything ten times worse.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #704396

I think the ban was justified on the grounds that if your appeal thread title is this lazy you need to take the time to do some creative writing courses
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #704432

Bmon wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:39 pm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34934

ngl dont think MRP sec should murderizing the clown for eating all the vax pills
so many thread titles you could have chosen, and you chose the 0/10 one
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #704450

ekaterina wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:37 am
iwishforducks wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:09 am "dealing with bad guys in proportion to their crimes" has been a blight upon the mrp rules methinks
I think it's to do with the wording that leads to subjective enforcement. One admin's proportional is another admeme's excessive force.

The good part of it I might like to see in LRP is not just instantly executing someone for being caught with a little bit of antag contraband before having had the chance to do anything at all.
We'll just have to trust HOS players to not be bloodthirsty, instead of making it an admin issue, since the latter clearly makes everything ten times worse.
not instantly blowing away little timmy first time traitor is good. it’s good that the rule protects that. but i feel like when players are griefing (more or less) it feels weird to apply said rule to the situation. also it lowers the stakes all around ten-fold, which imo hurts roleplay.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #704453

Woah admin issue...
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #704477

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:55 pm

Good admin, terrible at peanut titles, you hate to see it.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #704502

Constellado wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:14 am We need to get an idea of what the model sec player should look like.

Is it possible to have such a thing without them getting complaints from anybody?
if janel shot people i didn't like to death and debrained them because i want them gone i think he'd make an absolutely model sec player by what "manuel standards" are """supposed to be"""

partially joking of course i can just shoot the people i don't like and debrain them and admins will applaud me with it by giving my a medal (1 month ban because i said their mom was fat in ahelps)

otherwise yeah i would definitely say janels pretty good for it he's generally calm he isn't an idiot and he knows what he's playing at most of the time
JupiterJaeden
Byond Username: JupiterJaeden

Post by JupiterJaeden » #704529

Donglesplonge wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:25 pm
Constellado wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:14 am We need to get an idea of what the model sec player should look like.

if janel shot people i didn't like to death and debrained them because i want them gone i think he'd make an absolutely model sec player by what "manuel standards" are """supposed to be"""

partially joking of course i can just shoot the people i don't like and debrain them and admins will applaud me with it by giving my a medal (1 month ban because i said their mom was fat in ahelps)

otherwise yeah i would definitely say janels pretty good for it he's generally calm he isn't an idiot and he knows what he's playing at most of the time
everyone knows janel is the best hos player on manuel this is the coldest take ever smh
Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #704678

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:43 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:55 pm

Good admin, terrible at peanut titles, you hate to see it.
I am bidone
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704683

it's bidover