1984 strikes again peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

1984 strikes again peanut

Post by Fishimun » #613196

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

trolled
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: 1984 strikes again peanut

Post by Flatulent » #613506

pretty sure 4chan doesn’t throw homosexuals from roofs and doesn’t roll over protesters with tanks so im unsure if rest of the world has higher standards
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613507

wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613508

Flatulent wrote:pretty sure 4chan doesn’t throw homosexuals from roofs and doesn’t roll over protesters with tanks so im unsure if rest of the world has higher standards
Can you open an admin complaint if you see any admins throwing gay people from the roof or rolling over protestors with tanks thanks sweetie
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613509

Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:pretty sure 4chan doesn’t throw homosexuals from roofs and doesn’t roll over protesters with tanks so im unsure if rest of the world has higher standards
Can you open an admin complaint if you see any admins throwing gay people from the roof or rolling over protestors with tanks thanks sweetie
admins aren’t “rest of the world”
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613511

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Sorry we occupy so much space in your heads I forgot there was anything else
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613512

Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
吸我的球
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613513

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
吸我的球
是的,学习你的新语言,我们很快就会统治
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613516

Flatulent wrote:When the said officials go on frequent powertrips because of their inherent corruptability with power and obvious feelings that they’re above the people they are supposed to be ruling over, does this remind you of anything? Not even at all? If so, the amount of self reflection from Americans who shit on their own cops is critically lacking. The clearly leftist admins (im not giving out any names, but it’s pretty obvious who I’m talking about) who scream at you when you suggest that American police isn’t as bad as they think it is carry the exact same thought pattern as the very people they hate.
Is it being disgusted with their actions or unhappiness about being on the recieving end of the injustice?
I am done trying to figure out what admins want when they’re tightening the rope around my neck and trying to police me further. So far nearly every new addition to the game, policy, code or otherwise has been nothing but constant restrictions. In relation to how people in power act and feel, I think I have it all figured out, I am probably wrong but I don’t care about this anymore. I am tired of seeing this bullshit everywhere I look. Perhaps it’s too hard to ask for people to just leave me and my thoughts the fuck alone. After all, doesn’t OOC ignore verb exist? Every time someone takes offence at what I say i mention it’s existence. Like probably half of Terry has me muted in OOC and I don’t care because I can still speak my mind.
So who doesn’t use the OOC ignore verb? Obviously, the admins who want to fuck with you for the sole reason of being able to do it.
Calm the fuck down. I get that you live in some hellhole and have a huge trait reactance, but there is no good reason to rage-write textwalls. Stop and think again. MSO just clarified rule 11, making it less bad, and used the retard word in his post. A system that looks like it's supposed to make adminship no longer invite-only was also recently set up (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 83#p490183). Modsuits will be added in 2022. This can develop in many different ways. You should probably take a break from the forum. Again, calm the fuck down.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613518

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
吸我的球
Just one?
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613519

Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
吸我的球
是的,学习你的新语言,我们很快就会统治
إنتهى. تم تحديد موقع الجاسوس الصيني باستخدام عبارة وكيل النوم الخاص بي والآن نحن منتصرون أخيرا لم أكن أبدا مسطحا ، كل هذا الوقت كنت ، FlatulentAssadist!
Attachments
magnumopus (2).png
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #613520

Omni wrote:You have less work to do, since your astroturfed ego shade of which completely encompasses this place is already at highschool level.
im going to work on my chi-rho gamma duodecillionaire grindset so my astroturfed ego shade can be qualitatively larger than stickymayhems from a holistic perspective
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613524

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Flatulent wrote:When the said officials go on frequent powertrips because of their inherent corruptability with power and obvious feelings that they’re above the people they are supposed to be ruling over, does this remind you of anything? Not even at all? If so, the amount of self reflection from Americans who shit on their own cops is critically lacking. The clearly leftist admins (im not giving out any names, but it’s pretty obvious who I’m talking about) who scream at you when you suggest that American police isn’t as bad as they think it is carry the exact same thought pattern as the very people they hate.
Is it being disgusted with their actions or unhappiness about being on the recieving end of the injustice?
I am done trying to figure out what admins want when they’re tightening the rope around my neck and trying to police me further. So far nearly every new addition to the game, policy, code or otherwise has been nothing but constant restrictions. In relation to how people in power act and feel, I think I have it all figured out, I am probably wrong but I don’t care about this anymore. I am tired of seeing this bullshit everywhere I look. Perhaps it’s too hard to ask for people to just leave me and my thoughts the fuck alone. After all, doesn’t OOC ignore verb exist? Every time someone takes offence at what I say i mention it’s existence. Like probably half of Terry has me muted in OOC and I don’t care because I can still speak my mind.
So who doesn’t use the OOC ignore verb? Obviously, the admins who want to fuck with you for the sole reason of being able to do it.
Calm the fuck down. I get that you live in some hellhole and have a huge trait reactance, but there is no good reason to rage-write textwalls. Stop and think again. MSO just clarified rule 11, making it less bad, and used the retard word in his post. A system that looks like it's supposed to make adminship no longer invite-only was also recently set up (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 83#p490183). Modsuits will be added in 2022. This can develop in many different ways. You should probably take a break from the forum. Again, calm the fuck down.
why do you even care lol im not changing my mind
modsuits were meant as a replacement for mechs anyway, so instead of mechs we will probably get a barebones unfinished system you can't do much with. just like with newcircuits and nanites.
Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #613526

okay these are rookie numbers guys, we need to double our post count to beat the gupta corner
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613530

I dont like when people accuse people of saying the gamer word of being "4chan" and stating 4chan has low standards. This server was founded by a bunch of fa/tg/uys from 4chans /tg/ board. 4chan now has a dedicated board for lgbt people to shit up. 4chan is now constantly raided by obnoxious lefty retards with room temperature takes who respond to any criticism of any media, be it games, literature, or television by saying UR A CHUD AND UR JUST MAD CUZ THERES A BROWNOID/FEMOID/GAYOID IN IT U MAD U MAD U MAD instead of the good old days where if someone disagreed with you they'd just say "disregard that im op and i suck cocks". Shitlib global homogenization retards have ruined the internet with their consoomercult ways and if letting someone occasionally get assmad at a videogame and say a gamer word keeps them from feeling welcome in this community i say "hey thats not so bad"
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613532

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I dont like when people accuse people of saying the gamer word of being "4chan" and stating 4chan has low standards. This server was founded by a bunch of fa/tg/uys from 4chans /tg/ board. 4chan now has a dedicated board for lgbt people to shit up. 4chan is now constantly raided by obnoxious lefty retards with room temperature takes who respond to any criticism of any media, be it games, literature, or television by saying UR A CHUD AND UR JUST MAD CUZ THERES A BROWNOID/FEMOID/GAYOID IN IT U MAD U MAD U MAD instead of the good old days where if someone disagreed with you they'd just say "disregard that im op and i suck cocks". Shitlib global homogenization retards have ruined the internet with their consoomercult ways and if letting someone occasionally get assmad at a videogame and say a gamer word keeps them from feeling welcome in this community i say "hey thats not so bad"
crag correct
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613534

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I dont like when people accuse people of saying the gamer word of being "4chan" and stating 4chan has low standards. This server was founded by a bunch of fa/tg/uys from 4chans /tg/ board. 4chan now has a dedicated board for lgbt people to shit up. 4chan is now constantly raided by obnoxious lefty retards with room temperature takes who respond to any criticism of any media, be it games, literature, or television by saying UR A CHUD AND UR JUST MAD CUZ THERES A BROWNOID/FEMOID/GAYOID IN IT U MAD U MAD U MAD instead of the good old days where if someone disagreed with you they'd just say "disregard that im op and i suck cocks". Shitlib global homogenization retards have ruined the internet with their consoomercult ways and if letting someone occasionally get assmad at a videogame and say a gamer word keeps them from feeling welcome in this community i say "hey thats not so bad"
We've reached the point of "I choose people who have anger issues and can't physically restrain themselves from following basic, passive requests over people who dislike being treated like absolute shit by the former" just being said out loud so that's nice I guess we've reached rock bottom for the arguments here
Spoiler:
If you have a proble with consumerism call me I have a cool pill for you to take
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #613535

Isn't 4chan a neo-nazi website on the deep web where people plan terrorist attacks? That's what a reliable™ media outlet told me.
► Show Spoiler
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #613537

do you ever ask yourself why you exclusively use slurs when you have a plethora of insults that while may have originated in ableism (like idiot or stupid) they've truly lost that meaning
instead of the n-word which is still actively used for the purpose of being racist albeit definitely not as often as it historically was
"it's just words" then say a different one? you know exactly what you're doing by specifically picking slurs but then claim that it's just a word and not a huge deal.
i've been on tg for five years and from the very beginning i've had to read them, yet i'm still here, so clearly i can live with both reading and being called slurs. that does not mean i do not think it's the lowest and would ultimately be better to simply not let people say them.
what MSO added to the rule is very good - no one cares if you want to call your friend the r-slur or n-word(a), it' just the lowest and the cheapest to be upset because someone killed you in game and calling them a racial slur.
god, let's go back to telling people we're going to fuck their moms

get out of this terminally-online attitude that being unnecessarily hostile is actually a good thing. we can have both "learn how to deal with assholes who will say bad words to you because life is like this" and "consider stopping doing something that has no purpose but to be an asshole and offend others".
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613538

Farquaar wrote:
Isn't 4chan a neo-nazi website on the deep web where people plan terrorist attacks? That's what a reliable™ media outlet told me.
I mean 4chan has heaps of neo nazis, some of whom have posted their terror attacks before conducting them.

You can joke all you want, but it's happened multiple times at this point.

That's not all it's for, but it's what it's notorious for.

Google is also where you can learn to make bombs, but it does enough other stuff that it's not the only thing it's known for. 4chan's only influence on the outside world in the last 5 years is nazi memes, political extremism, raiding minorities and posting shootings and the manifestos associated with them.

You can pretend it's just a sick cool treehouse club hangout but that's all 4chan is known for these days because that's all the practical effect it has. I was 14 once. I hung out on 4chan, joined the raids on Paypal and Mastercard and did the scriptkiddie shit. Then I got older like the rest of the people who grew out of it and all that remained were new children, and the old people who couldn't grow or change and got stuck in a cycle of insular hostility and self-hatred.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #613539

Its funny, because you can boil /tg/ station politics and into actually living in the inhospitable region called West Coast California. It gets set on fire a lot by poor management, is wrife with racism and racism apologists and bad actors, then people flee for their lives (speed evac the shuttle) only to repeat it again and export their horrible unchanged mindsets to surrounding conservative servers in refuge. :mrgreen:

Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613540

Yeah sticky you grew up and became a bourgeoisie fuckwit who constantly passive aggressively spouts socialist diatribes at everyone for not being as enlightened as you while simultaneously bragging about how much money you make at your computer-touching job

Yes i would rather exist on an internet where people call me a faggot nigger retard instead of a homophobic racist ableist because the people calling me a faggot nigger retard aren't trying to get me cancelled or killed in the meat realm over something as fucking petty as "i don't think that new movie looks very funny" or "i dont feel as though i should be forced to pay restitution to people i never wronged but whose ancestors were exploited by the ancestors of the same fuckwits who are telling me i need to pay up"
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #613541

Stickymayhem wrote:
We've reached the point of "I choose people who have anger issues and can't physically restrain themselves from following basic, passive requests over people who dislike being treated like absolute shit by the former" just being said out loud so that's nice I guess we've reached rock bottom for the arguments here
I desperately believe that crag is being satirical here but I'm not quite certain because I'm too concerned about personal bias clouding my view
I wish people would just say things they mean like "I'm going to fuck your mom, sticky" (because I'm currently on a transatlantic flight to arrive at your mother's house) instead of things that are behind like 3 layers of irony that my brain can't parse because I'm actually a toaster oven trying to blend in with the other short circuits online
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613542

wubli wrote:do you ever ask yourself why you exclusively use slurs when you have a plethora of insults that while may have originated in ableism (like idiot or stupid) they've truly lost that meaning
instead of the n-word which is still actively used for the purpose of being racist albeit definitely not as often as it historically was
"it's just words" then say a different one? you know exactly what you're doing by specifically picking slurs but then claim that it's just a word and not a huge deal.
i've been on tg for five years and from the very beginning i've had to read them, yet i'm still here, so clearly i can live with both reading and being called slurs. that does not mean i do not think it's the lowest and would ultimately be better to simply not let people say them.
what MSO added to the rule is very good - no one cares if you want to call your friend the r-slur or n-word(a), it' just the lowest and the cheapest to be upset because someone killed you in game and calling them a racial slur.
god, let's go back to telling people we're going to fuck their moms

get out of this terminally-online attitude that being unnecessarily hostile is actually a good thing. we can have both "learn how to deal with assholes who will say bad words to you because life is like this" and "consider stopping doing something that has no purpose but to be an asshole and offend others".
I'm sure he understands all of this Wub, he just doesn't want to change his ways because a community consensus starts to demand it. Not much anyone can do.

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #613546

Its dishonest to say "oh we're just asking you passively to stop" when its in the rules. If its in the rules it is no longer a friendly chat (i mean it can be presented that way) but youre saying quite openly that not obeying the rule = removal from the game. It's not a request, its a demand (which may be a fine one to make depending on the circumstances).

Unfortunately the side of "as long as it isnt directed with intent to harass" gets drowned out by the people who just want to say the n word ad nauseum to people they literally dont know for edge value, so the conversation of "If I call my friend in a conversation, where Im not expecting people to shoehorn themselves into, a slur I shouldnt get banned" and other forms where your intent is to use the slur to just be a crass curse word as opposed to trying to marginalize a group of people cant happen (which on the flip side "you just want to say the n word over and over" is much more approachable as well).

I dont recall seeing an answer but why is it ok to be bigoted towards women/people with a disability through the use of the words bitch/cunt/retarded but if one uses the n word it is immediately assumed that the intent is to disparage black people? Even if the character or player is not a female, is it ok to use bitch/cunt? Bigotry takes many forms so I am curious to where the "slurs by nature of their use mean youre being bigoted" line runs. If you can only answer "common sense", then I would heavily consider revising the rule to get what you actually want from it be it if you're for or against the current iteration.

Also very curious on the difference between -er and -a plz especially when both involve calling someone the n word. To me both seem inappropriate to use if the n word itself carries bigoted weight, not even considering "plz" wont fly anyways icly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
wubli

Post by wubli » #613549

cobby while you make great points, i don't think i've got anything from your posts but "we cannot moderate this fully so it should not be moderated at all because of a slippery slope"
and we cannot compare someone being able to call their friend a funny word to this fella having a full on meltdown over not being able to say historically bad word
Cobby wrote:I dont recall seeing an answer but why is it ok to be bigoted towards women/people with a disability through the use of the words bitch/cunt/retarded but if one uses the n word it is immediately assumed that the intent is to disparage black people?
cunt is apparently very bad in the US but not anywhere else, the n-word while may be heavier in US culture, i don't think you can tell me a single country in which it's not meant to be offensive. and just like you can call a woman "a dick", i feel the same way about cunt. using the n word on non-black people is an internet thing
i don't like r-slur at all either so i don't use it, i've heard people say they don't think it's a huge deal because it's common where they live, just like i've heard countless people who don't like it. i don't think anyone can truly deny it's an ableist slur and that it's not on the same level as stupid/dumb
also the n-word with an a is commonly said by black people, i'd say it's icky to say it to a black person if you aren't. i really don't think any of you would dare to call a stranger that, so why should you do it on the internet?

ultimately very few slurs apply to me (spic, faggot) and i could not care less about being called them because it's not like i get bullied irl with them and i mostly disregard internet idiots
but who can I blame for feeling weirded out by this internet person who is upset they went horizontal in-game and looked for the most offensive word they could find?

i'm not even saying "ban every single word with a tiny bit of offensive meaning" but by god, add the n-word to the IC filter and nothing of value will be lost
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613550

I just think its preferable to exist in a server culture where stupid assholes immediately out themselves as stupid assholes and you can freely choose to associate with stupid assholes you get along with rather than one where stupid assholes cloak themselves in a saccharine coat of uwu wholesome big chungus redditude and climb the ranks of server staff through fellating certain egos while secretly having a discord server where they and their friends call everyone nigger and they try to get me, personally, banned because i told their twink friend i wish his grandparents died in the holocaust because he messaged me out of the blue telling me to kill myself for being poor.

People who feel the need to call people the n word on terry don't get admin powers and use them for sinister ends.
wubli

Post by wubli » #613552

your post seems very specific and personal crag
i don't understand how not saying slurs equals to pretending you're an uwu smol bean
you can be an absolute garbage person without saying slurs, not every decision you make to avoid making others uncomfortable is pretending to be soft wholesome keanu reeves or thinking youre morally superior to others
i already avoid associating myself with those people. i'm just saying we would lose nothing if you simply stopped saying funny bad word
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #613553

wubli wrote: i'm not even saying "ban every single word with a tiny bit of offensive meaning" but by god, add the n-word to the IC filter and nothing of value will be lost
why is this particular word being singled out over any and all others
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #613554

It's beyond me why this is so life or death for anyone as to even contest the note or care that much, yet alone write literal short-story ammount of posts in a thread about it. It's really weird.

And this conversation has reached the point where even Flatulant has pretty much agreed this "freedom" isn't normal and they can't get away with it anywhere else etc etc.

Now, what are we? I'd imagine if i go to the Nazi SS13 (presumably) their 'join page' makes some mention of this, if for no other reason to put off people who would otherwise join, go "what the fuck is this hell hole, welp, maxcap grief permaban time for these assholes". Heck, they probably have pre-invited joins only on if they want an easy moderation life, just because the effort will put enough people off.

But I go to the TG station website, perhaps because I saw a youtube video about SS13 and thought it looked like an amazing concept for an RP/mechanics game, perhaps because I then did some research and found the largest gaming community and went to their website, and what do I find? Something that seems like a gaming website, like any other rather indie thing with a die-hard following (i've been in games with far smaller communities for some years in the past, long ago, also had standard rulesets about language). Seems like a great place to start - scan the rules - great, nothing here that would cause me a problem (a player perspective), lets get rolling!

Nothing that indicates that 2 years later I'm going to be having some argument about what an "acceptable" use of the N* word is with a bunch of people who are just that heavily into defending this as a place where you should be able to freely say things because thats what's special.

Is it? I thought we were about the game. Why do we need to be the "exception to the rule" that the vast vast vast majority of the world, internet or not, has pretty much gone down. Why is this such a key, desirable, defining feature, yet is mostly just a loosely expressed rule on a page somewhere.

And yet even I've been here long enough I don't care to argue hard for a outright ban on the word, even if it's what I'd vote in any start-up community that didn't have this "history", instead I try distinguish between friendly and derogatory use and give examples, and that's like a middle ground compromise that still is pretty "weird" by most modern standards.

What's actually important to people, because if you're just needing an outlet for some "aspect" of you, there are a great great many social bubble communities you can just let rip in, and get nothing but support and praise, because thats bubbles for you, why does it need to be here?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613555

My post is very specific and personal because i only care about this community and its administration in regards to how it effects me B)

I just think if someone says the gamer word it'd be cool if the admin said "hey dude ur kind of being a jerk right now can you cool it with the gamer word" and maybe the guy will say sorry and stop and maybe he won't and if be doesn't you can bap him for being a jerk instead if bapping him instantly over cultural differences
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #613556

Super Aggro Crag wrote:My post is very specific and personal because i only care about this community and its administration in regards to how it effects me B)

I just think if someone says the gamer word it'd be cool if the admin said "hey dude ur kind of being a jerk right now can you cool it with the gamer word" and maybe the guy will say sorry and stop and maybe he won't and if be doesn't you can bap him for being a jerk instead if bapping him instantly over cultural differences
This is exactly what happened up to the point of "will say sorry". I spoke to them in PM saying 'dont do this please', they disagreed and quoted rules at me, i referred to adminbus for consensus, they got hostile and left before resolution (after clearing it with me), they were noted with a 3 month expiration. That is all.

Instead of saying sorry and stopping, here we are, and I think they're the first one that played any cards about culture as a reason (their culture doesn't let them say this word? something like that).
Last edited by iain0 on Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wubli

Post by wubli » #613557

terranaut wrote:why is this particular word being singled out over any and all others
because it's apparently the only one we can all(?) agree on because it's offensive anywhere unlike cunt and impossible to say in good faith
Super Aggro Crag wrote:I just think if someone says the gamer word it'd be cool if the admin said "hey dude ur kind of being a jerk right now can you cool it with the gamer word" and maybe the guy will say sorry and stop and maybe he won't and if be doesn't you can bap him for being a jerk instead if bapping him instantly over cultural differences
this is how it's done already. not a single person has been banned over 1 (one) usage of the funny word
just like telling someone you fucked their mom doesn't get you banned for rule 8 but writing an extensive paragraph about it might
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613558

iprice wrote: And this conversation has reached the point where even Flatulant has pretty much agreed this "freedom" isn't normal and they can't get away with it anywhere else etc etc.
What the fuck are you talking about, dipshit? I was talking about censorship in the way that I’ll suddenly find myself hanged in my apartment after saying bad words about a very specific group that doesn’t like it when you talk shit about them. I don’t like to see reflections of that garbage in internet communities I frequent, and I put my desires to unwind and let out steam by shutting off my internal word filters before your desires to not be mildly inconvenienced by a word you can easily mute by clicking a verb.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #613559

Well, you already found your bubbles then, most mainstream stuff on the internet will just one way permaban you for such usage.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613560

Super Aggro Crag wrote:My post is very specific and personal because i only care about this community and its administration in regards to how it effects me B)

please join us in the reality that is real crag this is how things work today
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613561

If only those bubbles weren’t continually shitted upon by pink haired lesbian raiders every two hours
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613562

iprice wrote:

This is exactly what happened up to the point of "will say sorry". I spoke to them in PM saying 'dont do this please', they disagreed and quoted rules at me, i referred to adminbus for consensus, they got hostile and left before resolution (after clearing it with me), they were noted with a 3 month expiration. That is all.

Instead of saying sorry and stopping, here we are, and I think they're the first one that played any cards about culture as a reason (their culture doesn't let them say this word? something like that).
Well if he's still being a dick about it point to rule one which is dont be a dick i mean shit on my dick and call me peter poopcock its literally Right There
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613565

I’m not playing any culture cards, you kept asking me about why the word is a slur and I told you what I understand about it. I think I have been absolutely clear that I don’t actually care about the result of the resolution, as long as I actually get it so I can finally leave without leaving unfinished business behind. Everything in this peanut uttered by me is just me posting what I fucking want to post before fucking off from this place forever.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #613567

the only logical conclusion is to never come upon a resolution so he can't actually leave so he can keep posting about how he's going to leave
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613569

MMMiracles wrote:the only logical conclusion is to never come upon a resolution so he can't actually leave so he can keep posting about how he's going to leave
to fuck your reasoning over i’ve selected an arbitrary date after which ill cease replying
Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #613571

Flatulent wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:the only logical conclusion is to never come upon a resolution so he can't actually leave so he can keep posting about how he's going to leave
to fuck your reasoning over i’ve selected an arbitrary date after which ill cease replying
[youtube]kUv7KcboNco[/youtube]
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #613573

wubli wrote:
terranaut wrote:why is this particular word being singled out over any and all others
because it's apparently the only one we can all(?) agree on because it's offensive anywhere unlike cunt and impossible to say in good faith
Its fine in Russia, China, and anywhere else where the color black has a imprint on the language more than any relation to people.

Honestly can Cobby even call themselves british when they completely mischaracterize dark skinned characters in an American/Californian monolithic racist stereotype narrative, and hold adequate discussion about globalist cultural uses of words? Smells more like selling-out to fit in with the rest of the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower's worldview of which i do think that many of them may privately be completely gripped by white liberal racism.

Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #613576

Flatulent wrote:
Hopefully one day you will change your mind and come back to tgstation feeling refreshed and revitalized from your time away and see all the cool new kickin rad features our devs coded B)
wubli

Post by wubli » #613577

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
wubli wrote:
Its fine in Russia, China, and anywhere else where the color black has a imprint on the language more than any relation to people.
are you sure we're talking about the same word
the word (in spanish) negro means the colour black - it is also used to insult dark-skinned people (with other insults added in the sentence, just emphasizing on the black part)
but are you telling me the n-word, hard r, means just a colour in other countries??
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613578

is there negro in english
if no its the same word
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #613580

I've seen how this shit plays out before.
Spoiler:
Few people truly leave.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #613582

Flatulent wrote:is there negro in english
if no its the same word
Given the effort you've invested in posting thus far, you can invest a tiny tiny fraction to find the answer to this.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=negro+dictionary

Also "Offensive, outdated". Thats where the REAL WORLD is at. Have fun.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613584

we think we can escape society but little do you know your gamer chair resides in society
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #613585

Flatulent wrote:What the fuck are you talking about, dipshit? I was talking about censorship in the way that I’ll suddenly find myself hanged in my apartment after saying bad words about a very specific group that doesn’t like it when you talk shit about them. I don’t like to see reflections of that garbage in internet communities I frequent, and I put my desires to unwind and let out steam by shutting off my internal word filters before your desires to not be mildly inconvenienced by a word you can easily mute by clicking a verb.
How much more of your life are you willing to think like this?
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613589

iprice wrote:Nothing that indicates that 2 years later I'm going to be having some argument about what an "acceptable" use of the N* word is with a bunch of people who are just that heavily into defending this as a place where you should be able to freely say things because thats what's special.
NSTAR was a utility company that provided retail electricity and natural gas to 1.4 million customers in eastern and central Massachusetts, including the Boston urban area. NSTAR became a subsidiary of Northeast Utilities in April 2012. In February 2015, Northeast Utilities and all of its operating companies (Western Massachusetts Electric, Public Service New Hampshire, Connecticut Light and Power, Yankee Gas, and NSTAR Gas and Electric) became one large company known as Eversource Energy.

NSTAR was formed in 1999 by the merger of BEC Energy and Commonwealth Energy System and had the following operating units: Boston Edison Company, Cambridge Electric Light Company, Commonwealth Electric Company, and NSTAR Gas Company (formerly Commonwealth Gas and Cambridge Gas Company).

As a part of deregulation of the local electrical power industry, NSTAR has divested itself of all electric generation facilities, keeping only those elements of the business which remain regulated. NSTAR sold its interest in the Seabrook Station nuclear power plant to FPL Group in 2002.

On November 16, 2006, the company announced a 7.4% increase in its dividend to an annual rate of USD1.30 per common share from the previous USD1.21.[1]

NSTAR has ownership of unregulated district energy and telecommunications businesses, including Medical Area Total Energy Plant, LLC. which produces electricity, steam and chilled water for sale to customers in the Longwood Medical Area of Boston.

Electric power distribution in the New England area is coordinated by ISO New England, a regional transmission organization.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613591

wubli wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
wubli wrote:
are you sure we're talking about the same word
the word (in spanish) negro means the colour black - it is also used to insult dark-skinned people (with other insults added in the sentence, just emphasizing on the black part)
but are you telling me the n-word, hard r, means just a colour in other countries??
According to wikitionary, the word "nigger", hard r...
Spoiler:
has no meaning in Russian, Chinese, and 6902 other currently known distinct languages. Shocking.