athath peanath

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

athath peanath

Post by Ghilker » #618381

viewtopic.php?p=618377#p618377

Got almost permabanned for exploit abuse
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: athath peanath

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #618382

Local man gets repeatedly banned, and almost permabanned for exploiting. Continues to exploit. Straight up admits that he tests exploits on private servers to make sure that his exploit works and he can use it.

Honestly at this point I'd like to see a permaban just stick on him. How many chances is one guy gonna get for repeatedly, intentionally breaking the same rule?
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #618383

free athath
not all heroes wear capes
funny jank is the spirit of this game, not esports balance
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618399

terranaut wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:08 am funny jank is the spirit of this game, not esports balance
Yea, but this isn't funny jank. This is just rude. I'm glad he got cucked AND banned.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #618400

this is the funniest of jank fuck you

imagine getting tilted because janky bullshit happened on a fucking wizard round, jank is like 75% of the reason that antag exists
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #618402

terranaut wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:08 am free athath
not all heroes wear capes
funny jank is the spirit of this game, not esports balance
Funny jank is the spirit of the game, code diving to find some obscure way to make yourself near immortal, testing it on a private server, running it in live when you get the chance AND THEN making a PR to fix the issue after you have had your fun with it, is not in the "spirit of the game"

Skip step 2 and be the hero we need
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618403

Screemonster wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:14 pm this is the funniest of jank fuck you
I fail to see how "Bog-standard murderboner wizard except it respawns forever and you can't do anything about it" is funny.
Edit: Also, ITT ATHATH fails to see the difference between intended gameplay and (attempted) bug abuse.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #618406

i agree it would have been funnier if athath had just abused his immortality to be super fucking annoying by repeatedly making terrible one-liners and summoning masks or bodyswapping people
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #618407

terranaut wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:51 pm i agree it would have been funnier if athath had just abused his immortality to be super fucking annoying by repeatedly making terrible one-liners and summoning masks or bodyswapping people
unironically might've hand waved this, or at least really lessened the severity and left it as a note if he did this. instead he tried to murderbone on lowpop using the most boring spell in the game
► Show Spoiler
Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #618408

ath should've got a perma, he keeps beelining on exploit abuse.
He got warned plenty of times both from admins and maintainers but just keep going. The "but i also made a PR to fix it" is just a lame attempt to be good, he knows a LOT of exploits and just keep quiet about them all the time for personal abuse, only fix/report them when forced or got bored of them.

edit:
also this is how he explained how the crew should have dealt with him
"Bro just run away"
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618411

terranaut wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:51 pm i agree it would have been funnier if athath had just abused his immortality to be super fucking annoying by repeatedly making terrible one-liners and summoning masks or bodyswapping people
100%. if it had worked, and he did this, and fixed it after the round was over, there wouldn't be a ban appeal right now.
instead he decided he wanted to round remove people by taking disintegrate while making it impossible to remove him from the round using the soul tap bug.

Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #618420

"im gonna abuse an exploit to murderbone because I'm banking on admins being too scared to ban me after the last perma didn't stick"
"wait why are you banning me"

Fhaxaris
Byond Username: Fhaxaris

Post by Fhaxaris » #618422

this (100x)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #618427

Athath is fully aware that this stuff will get him banned. I really have no sympathy, he’s just gonna keep doing it until he’s permaed. It’s not that he can’t learn, he just doesn’t care to listen.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #618432

yes this is correct, his sin was being a boring-ass murderboner more so than the bug abuse alone

if you're gonna abuse a bug to become unkillable then run a skatelich gimmick or something
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #618439

I think the argument "well as long as they kill me and immediately red alert and shuttle call it will be past the recall point when I get up" is the real sin.

It kind of blatantly translates to "lol if they don't like it fuck em I'm gonna recall the shuttle given the chance lmao either they power game and get out or I kill everyone"
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #618445

i told you stupid fuckheads to stick a ban to him and yet again his fuck patrol of ass-licking butt boys cried until he was unbanned and yet-a-fucking-gain he has pulled the same shit to fuck over people and only got a week ban and he's going to shit and piss and cry over a fucking weekban when this dumb cocksucking boneless chicken should have his cock slammed in a panini press for consistently being a nuisance
 ! Message from: Armhulen
peanut threads will basically never be friendly by nature but starting to post at these levels encourages others to do so and overall lowers the quality of the thread
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #618447

Imagine ever entertaining the notion that putting your soul in an unfinished grenade casing in an elance and hitting a structure you can't break is anything besides exploiting the shortcomings of the contributors to fuck over other players to stroke your own ego
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #618449

the only reason you don't see exploiters do funny gimmicks is because coding destroys your soul
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #618450

i asserted that he was testing these on private servers many times without evidence and then boom:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #618452

Armhulen wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:11 am i asserted that he was testing these on private servers many times without evidence and then boom:

This is even worse when you consider how infrequent wizard is. A relatively rare mode with an extremely rare chance you even get it. How long was ATH waiting around with this until he finally rolled it?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #618454

>thing is broke
>coders don't fix thing
>player brings attention to and uses thing
>player gets banned

am i missing something here
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #618456

athath actually did something wrong this time
how is he not perma'd yet he has such a long history of doing this
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #618459

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:43 am >thing is broke
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

you are missing the part where coders had no idea thing was broken because player never told anyone
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #618460

>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

if you ever perceive a weakness in someone's home security system please take the liberty to break into their house and rob them at gun point to bring attention to their faulty security system, the cops will totally understand and let you go

dumb fuck

armhulen was right
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #618461

>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

the issue is athath specifically dives into the code to find niche bugs so he can abuse them on live servers. not only is he literally holding onto these bugs, leaving coders no chance in the fucking world to fix them because they literally don't know they exist, he himself COULD fix these bugs- he just chooses to abuse them first
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #618499

i didnt read the thing so i dont know what he did but clearly he is based and the admins cant handle it
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:35 am i told you stupid fuckheads to stick a ban to him and yet again his fuck patrol of ass-licking butt boys cried until he was unbanned and yet-a-fucking-gain he has pulled the same shit to fuck over people
who cares
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #618506

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:43 am am i missing something here
your brain denthead
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #618510

Sure it was a dumb gimmick, but I really don't understand the vitriol here. Man abuses bugs. Big deal. Give him longer bans each time he repeats the violation until he gets the message.

Some people in this thread are acting like he ran over their dog or something.
► Show Spoiler
Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #618514

Farquaar wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:01 pm Sure it was a dumb gimmick, but I really don't understand the vitriol here. Man abuses bugs. Big deal. Give him longer bans each time he repeats the violation until he gets the message.

If this would have been the first/second time ath has done this, nobody would say a thing. But he has repeatedly crossed the line multiple times and somehow he still hasn't got a perma.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #618515

i think exploiting is an actual addiction for athath at this point with how many times he's done this

he tested it on a local server to make sure he was right, did it on a public server, then makes the fix pr partly to make his appeal look better

my man's had enough chances, at this point its just malicious imo
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #618516

Ghilker wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:17 pm
Farquaar wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:01 pm Sure it was a dumb gimmick, but I really don't understand the vitriol here. Man abuses bugs. Big deal. Give him longer bans each time he repeats the violation until he gets the message.

If this would have been the first/second time ath has done this, nobody would say a thing. But he has repeatedly crossed the line multiple times and somehow he still hasn't got a perma.
I don't care if he's done it 100 times before, the answer is still the same. Ban him, and if he doesn't learn his lesson, ban him for longer. Rinse and repeat. No rage required.
► Show Spoiler
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #618518

Farquaar wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:28 pm
Ghilker wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:17 pm

I don't care if he's done it 100 times before, the answer is still the same. Ban him, and if he doesn't learn his lesson, ban him for longer. Rinse and repeat. No rage required.
seeing these posts made me do a double take on the whole thread here and I gotta say, you're either being dishonest or you're really overblowing posts here cause I'm not seeing any rage-fueled vitriol towards ath
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #618520

>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

Apparently you need a refresher

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #618521

smol reminder to keep things as friendly as peanuts can be, if peanut threads turn sour every time then people will be less encouraged to appeal bans and be subjected to the court of public opinions
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #618523

peanut threads are explicitly to bully people who are too stupid to know better, it's the only way we can get any justice because the admin team certainly don't.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #618547

If he had just done something funnier than Murderbone we wouldn't have to be having this whole stupid conversation

Also, you may remember me saying "Wait for serial offenders to actually do bad shit and nail them for that"

This is that shit
THIS is what you ban him for

don't be a shithead at the talent show for an act he didn't even do after asking for approval
just slap him when he becomes the Eternal Murderbone Wizard

(even if he's right that it's still better and more interesting than Dextrous/Staff of Healing Stand Abuse)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #618555

Armhulen wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:22 pm smol reminder to keep things as friendly as peanuts can be, if peanut threads turn sour every time then people will be less encouraged to appeal bans and be subjected to the court of public opinions
i heard jimmy carter killed himself cuz his peanuts went sour
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #618564

oranges wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:30 pmit's the only way we can get any justice because the admin team certainly don't.
Rule 0 gives admins as much control as they are willing to take.
This is unironically a failure on the administration level, and it's sad to see.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #618565

Thats what they did for the other bans. Which were bad.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #618567

I'll kinda laugh if it escalates to Headmins and the Headmins just go "yeah no we're tired of this song and dance, we're upping it to a perma".

It won't happen.

But it'd be hilarious.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #618569

NoxVS wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:24 am
Armhulen wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:11 am i asserted that he was testing these on private servers many times without evidence and then boom:

This is even worse when you consider how infrequent wizard is. A relatively rare mode with an extremely rare chance you even get it. How long was ATH waiting around with this until he finally rolled it?
I told him about it back in January, so a good while. It's technically a part of another...well it's hard to tell if it is a bug or not but I think I reported it?

Essentially, when an elance hits something, it inserts the grenade into another atom's contents then arms that grenade, then detonates it immediately. This means that grenades that don't immediately delete themselves upon 'exploding' can be retained inside an atom for a good while. This results in things like using advanced release grenades to chain emp mechs or borgs by slowing repeating the explosion while contained in their contents, or something creating a gas cloud over and over as it slowly begins to mix the contents of the beakers. It has useful applications, and it's mostly as a consequence of elances being very generous about what you can attach to them and in what state.

The way this exploit works is that since the grenade isn't prepared, it can't be armed, and so it never reaches the detonate step, and thus just sits around in contents. What ATHATH's PR does at least stops the worst parts of it (embedding the grenade into indestructible objects), but it's hacky. The actual fix is a check for whether or not the grenade is in ready state before it can be made into an elance. I'm pretty sure empty grenades just delete themselves.

Edit: Nyoops nope I forgot to report this one, my bad.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #618575

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:25 am
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

if you ever perceive a weakness in someone's home security system please take the liberty to break into their house and rob them at gun point to bring attention to their faulty security system, the cops will totally understand and let you go

dumb fuck

armhulen was right
it's literally a video game bro
in a video game everyone can clap, say haha wow never seen that before, tell them not to do it again, then fix it.

i don't recall people being banned from everquest for bringing a train of mobs to the starting town
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #618577

Can you imagine admitting doing practice tryouts for your bug abusing like it's a normal thing and after so many repeated offences you're still only getting a 1 week ban and still trying to appeal it
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #618580

Mickyan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:45 am Can you imagine admitting doing practice tryouts for your bug abusing like it's a normal thing and after so many repeated offenses you're still only getting a 1 week ban and still trying to appeal it
2 weeks, 2 weeks is a while 2/3rd's of a month 2/36th of a year, and it's whateva people enjoy shit differently no need to be so uppity about it.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #618583

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:22 am
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right
in a video game everyone can clap, say haha wow never seen that before, tell them not to do it again, then fix it.

i don't recall people being banned from everquest for bringing a train of mobs to the starting town
ruining peoples rounds by making yourself a godmode unkillable guy and just force recalling and murdering everyone so you can get the high score is the most cringeworthy thing you can do in space station 13, and that's counting being a lizard player, or wearing a jumpskirt as security. no one is fucking impressed that you have so much free time that you can spend all day codediving and testing out suspected bugs on the off chance you'll get an antag roll and be able to make yourself unkillable.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #618584

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:52 am
Mickyan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:45 am Can you imagine admitting doing practice tryouts for your bug abusing like it's a normal thing and after so many repeated offenses you're still only getting a 1 week ban and still trying to appeal it
2 weeks, 2 weeks is a while 2/3rd's of a month 2/36th of a year, and it's whateva people enjoy shit differently no need to be so uppity about it.
There're (roughly) four weeks in a month, and 52 weeks in a year. It's also a one week ban, and a one week after that ANTAG ban. I think that's incredibly lenient given he has a history of and ADMITTED TO, discovering bugs, testing them on private servers, WAITING TO USE THEM, and then fixing them after he's had his fun. You cannot get anymore textbook Exploit than that. I think this is far more lenient than he deserves, especially given he has a history six miles long of doing this kinda shit.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #618586

Mickyan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:45 am Can you imagine admitting doing practice tryouts for your bug abusing like it's a normal thing and after so many repeated offences you're still only getting a 1 week ban and still trying to appeal it
I mean, I bug test a reasonable amount in regular play and out, it's important to know how to break the game in order to fix the game. The issue is more utilizing it in order to do....iunno, things?

This ban and ATHATH's behaviour I think is more of a consequence of the vague rules around using exploits. Oranges already posted them, but they're also heavily reliant on admin scrutiny. ATHATH has a particular idea of what is allowed and what isn't based on his impression and what others have gotten away with. I've seen worse than this be kosher for someone else, so he probably has that same impression.

He doesn't know when he starts to take things too far, and telling him he can do something under specific circumstances is only bound to get him trying to work out what the limits of that is. It's also why he's so determined to find ways to break the game, since it's the same interest in where the holes in the code design is. It makes him a great bug hunter and someone who will pick your design choices apart to find the problems, and someone I enjoy talking with about it, but he's also prone to getting a lot of flak when he shows these exploits off and he doesn't really know where he is going wrong because both our rules and this particular concession is subjective.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #618587

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:56 am
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:52 am
There're (roughly) four weeks in a month, and 52 weeks in a year. It's also a one week ban, and a one week after that ANTAG ban. I think that's incredibly lenient given he has a history of and ADMITTED TO, discovering bugs, testing them on private servers, WAITING TO USE THEM, and then fixing them after he's had his fun. You cannot get anymore textbook Exploit than that. I think this is far more lenient than he deserves, especially given he has a history six miles long of doing this kinda shit.
nah its 36 weeks in a month in a year of a day.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #618600

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:33 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:22 am
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right

ruining peoples rounds by making yourself a godmode unkillable guy and just force recalling and murdering everyone so you can get the high score is the most cringeworthy thing you can do in space station 13, and that's counting being a lizard player, or wearing a jumpskirt as security. no one is fucking impressed that you have so much free time that you can spend all day codediving and testing out suspected bugs on the off chance you'll get an antag roll and be able to make yourself unkillable.
id rather get killed by an exploit abusing god mode wizard, and spend the rest of the round watching him kill everyone with all the ghosts than get thrown off the shuttle by a nonantag that was mad i shoved him into a wall by accident

shits funny, unless he's abusing code to crash the server or something terrible like that, tell him not to do that specific thing again and fucking move on with your life

recently i watched a high profile starcraft 2 match where a player abused a completely unknown exploit by placing a building in just such a way that a players ramp was completely and unexpectedly blocked off, and they lost the match.
no one screamed OH MY GOD BAN HIM, they all laughed and clapped, counted it as a win and everyone moved the fuck on.

in short, the guy was clever enough to discover it, let him have his fucking 40 minutes of fun, tell him not to do it again,

move.

on.