athath peanath

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

athath peanath

Post by Ghilker » #618381

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=618377#p618377

Got almost permabanned for exploit abuse
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: athath peanath

Post by Kendrickorium » #618600

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:33 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:22 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:25 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:43 am >thing is broke
>coders don't fix thing
>player brings attention to and uses thing
>player gets banned

am i missing something here
if you ever perceive a weakness in someone's home security system please take the liberty to break into their house and rob them at gun point to bring attention to their faulty security system, the cops will totally understand and let you go

dumb fuck

armhulen was right
it's literally a video game bro
in a video game everyone can clap, say haha wow never seen that before, tell them not to do it again, then fix it.

i don't recall people being banned from everquest for bringing a train of mobs to the starting town
ruining peoples rounds by making yourself a godmode unkillable guy and just force recalling and murdering everyone so you can get the high score is the most cringeworthy thing you can do in space station 13, and that's counting being a lizard player, or wearing a jumpskirt as security. no one is fucking impressed that you have so much free time that you can spend all day codediving and testing out suspected bugs on the off chance you'll get an antag roll and be able to make yourself unkillable.
id rather get killed by an exploit abusing god mode wizard, and spend the rest of the round watching him kill everyone with all the ghosts than get thrown off the shuttle by a nonantag that was mad i shoved him into a wall by accident

shits funny, unless he's abusing code to crash the server or something terrible like that, tell him not to do that specific thing again and fucking move on with your life

recently i watched a high profile starcraft 2 match where a player abused a completely unknown exploit by placing a building in just such a way that a players ramp was completely and unexpectedly blocked off, and they lost the match.
no one screamed OH MY GOD BAN HIM, they all laughed and clapped, counted it as a win and everyone moved the fuck on.

in short, the guy was clever enough to discover it, let him have his fucking 40 minutes of fun, tell him not to do it again,

move.

on.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #618603

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:15 am id rather get killed by an exploit abusing god mode wizard, and spend the rest of the round watching him kill everyone with all the ghosts than get thrown off the shuttle by a nonantag that was mad i shoved him into a wall by accident

shits funny, unless he's abusing code to crash the server or something terrible like that, tell him not to do that specific thing again and fucking move on with your life

recently i watched a high profile starcraft 2 match where a player abused a completely unknown exploit by placing a building in just such a way that a players ramp was completely and unexpectedly blocked off, and they lost the match.
no one screamed OH MY GOD BAN HIM, they all laughed and clapped, counted it as a win and everyone moved the fuck on.

in short, the guy was clever enough to discover it, let him have his fucking 40 minutes of fun, tell him not to do it again,

move.

on.
Dude, the consensus has always been that you can get away with exploiting if it's funny and or it serves the round. This guy's a repeat offender who oft uses exploits to serve for his own entertainment. The conclusion is going to be that if the admins don't find this okay, they're going to ban him. No amount of giving your piece on how you'd rather this happen is gonna change that.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #618608

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:15 am
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

if you ever perceive a weakness in someone's home security system please take the liberty to break into their house and rob them at gun point to bring attention to their faulty security system, the cops will totally understand and let you go

dumb fuck

armhulen was right
in a video game everyone can clap, say haha wow never seen that before, tell them not to do it again, then fix it.

i don't recall people being banned from everquest for bringing a train of mobs to the starting town
ruining peoples rounds by making yourself a godmode unkillable guy and just force recalling and murdering everyone so you can get the high score is the most cringeworthy thing you can do in space station 13, and that's counting being a lizard player, or wearing a jumpskirt as security. no one is fucking impressed that you have so much free time that you can spend all day codediving and testing out suspected bugs on the off chance you'll get an antag roll and be able to make yourself unkillable.
id rather get killed by an exploit abusing god mode wizard, and spend the rest of the round watching him kill everyone with all the ghosts than get thrown off the shuttle by a nonantag that was mad i shoved him into a wall by accident

move.

on.
WE HAVE TOLD HIM NOT TO DO IT AGAIN MULTIPLE TIMES YOU FUCKING PINHEAD. THIS IS NOT COMPETITIVE SHITCRAFT 2. THIS ISN'T A 1V1 BETWEEN TWO SEXLESS KOREANS COMPETING OVER THE TITLE OF BIGGEST LOSER. How are we to be expected to MOVE ONNNNNNN CMOOON MAN when he literally KEEPS DOING IT OVER AND OVER. Fuck off white knighting someone who feels the need to cheat in a byond game, you fucking simp. You want to compare this to competitive gaming? This is the equivalent of some dipshit giving himself god mode in CS:GO and walking up to people with an AWP and point blank killing them while also refusing to set the bomb on the point so he can't even let the other team concede and start another match. I'm going to get banned for hostility here but you're a fucking moron, everyone feels sorry that you're such a buck-broken cuckmind that you feel the need to defend cheaters, and we all hope you get the help you need by force if necessary because you've clearly moved past the point where you can be expected to seek psychological assistance on your own.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #618609

>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right

move.

on.
The problem is the dude has a long history of doing this. He's been told not to do it again. He still keeps doing it again. That's why it's an issue.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #618610

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:15 am shits funny, unless he's abusing code to crash the server or something terrible like that, tell him not to do that specific thing again and fucking move on with your life
Unfortunately in ATHATH's case, he has done this and not realized why this was bad. I think it might have been a permaban actually.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #618611

>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right

the problem isn't even the "I found a bug to make myself unkillable and I'm going to use it one time then patch it"

it's that the dude found an amazing one-time-only pass to do something creative and hilarious that can never be repeated again and his answer was "oh I know, I can be a WIZARD that MURDERBONES" like that gimmick hasn't been done 54636733662456524 times before without the use of any exploits

such wastefulness cannot be forgiven
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #618614

shameful
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #618617

starcraft 2 is more chill then ss13, change my mind.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #618661

It's tough when you want to post in a thread but don't have anything to add to it and haven't actually read most of it
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #618666

cacogen wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:01 pm It's tough when you want to post in a thread but don't have anything to add to it and haven't actually read most of it
yeah
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #618674

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:51 am
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right

move.

on.
WE HAVE TOLD HIM NOT TO DO IT AGAIN MULTIPLE TIMES YOU FUCKING PINHEAD. THIS IS NOT COMPETITIVE SHITCRAFT 2. THIS ISN'T A 1V1 BETWEEN TWO SEXLESS KOREANS COMPETING OVER THE TITLE OF BIGGEST LOSER. How are we to be expected to MOVE ONNNNNNN CMOOON MAN when he literally KEEPS DOING IT OVER AND OVER. Fuck off white knighting someone who feels the need to cheat in a byond game, you fucking simp. You want to compare this to competitive gaming? This is the equivalent of some dipshit giving himself god mode in CS:GO and walking up to people with an AWP and point blank killing them while also refusing to set the bomb on the point so he can't even let the other team concede and start another match. I'm going to get banned for hostility here but you're a fucking moron, everyone feels sorry that you're such a buck-broken cuckmind that you feel the need to defend cheaters, and we all hope you get the help you need by force if necessary because you've clearly moved past the point where you can be expected to seek psychological assistance on your own.
touch grass
breath into a paper bag
deep breaths
seek counsel

you have to take the first step in admitting you have a problem
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #618675

Screemonster wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:48 pm
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right

the problem isn't even the "I found a bug to make myself unkillable and I'm going to use it one time then patch it"

it's that the dude found an amazing one-time-only pass to do something creative and hilarious that can never be repeated again and his answer was "oh I know, I can be a WIZARD that MURDERBONES" like that gimmick hasn't been done 54636733662456524 times before without the use of any exploits

such wastefulness cannot be forgiven
sorry for the double post but this is the best explanation ive found so far
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #618678

Screemonster wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:48 pm it's that the dude found an amazing one-time-only pass to do something creative and hilarious that can never be repeated again and his answer was "oh I know, I can be a WIZARD that MURDERBONES"
yeah, It's fun to murderbone as a wiznerd.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #618680

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:08 pm
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right

move.

on.
touch grass
breath into a paper bag
deep breaths
seek counsel

"T-T-T-T-TOUCH GRASS! YEAH! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S OBSESSED!"

lmao athath is the one contesting a weekban for doing something he has been explicitly told not to do on multiple occasions maybe if that sniveling quill-less hedgehog went outside and kicked rocks around for a week we wouldn't be in this situation where I call you a stupid goon.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618681

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:31 pm
Screemonster wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:48 pm it's that the dude found an amazing one-time-only pass to do something creative and hilarious that can never be repeated again and his answer was "oh I know, I can be a WIZARD that MURDERBONES"
yeah, It's fun to murderbone as a wiznerd.
i think the biggest thing that annoys me about this whole thing is the hypocrisy in it. yeah, i'm a wizard you can't permanently round remove, who permanently round removes you on a touch.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #618687

noticed you still haven't replied to me kendrick.

thinking you kinda lappin
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #618691

oranges wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:06 pm noticed you still haven't replied to me kendrick.

thinking you kinda lappin
I filter your posts by consciously ignoring them
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #618702

engaging in grass is a good use of your time
remember that you can actively trim your quotes to only reply back 3-4 layers
please be nice online :)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #618709

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 am engaging in grass is a good use of your time
But I WANT to towerquote
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618711

Thunder11 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 am
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 am engaging in grass is a good use of your time
But I WANT to towerquote
this.
besides why the hell would i want to be nice online?
people are awful to me why would i be nice to them?
please explain.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #618713

! Message from: RaveRadbury
This thread has strayed further from its origin and has intensified in toxicity.

As such it has been classified as DANGEROUSLY LOW QUALITY

This is a courtesy warning before the thread gets dumpstered.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #618719

I mean i can think of at least one super a̶g̶g̶r̶ easy way to up the thread quality
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618742

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:34 am I mean i can think of at least one super a̶g̶g̶r̶ easy way to up the thread quality
thread quality could be improved by more posts from the headmins, ATHATH, or cyan, so that we had something new to talk about.

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #618747

RaveRadbury wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:04 am
 ! Message from: RaveRadbury
This thread has strayed further from its origin and has intensified in toxicity.

As such it has been classified as DANGEROUSLY LOW QUALITY

This is a courtesy warning before the thread gets dumpstered.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
too bad!
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #618768

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:37 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:08 pm
>coders don't fix thing
>player gets banned

dumb fuck

armhulen was right

move.

on.
touch grass
breath into a paper bag
deep breaths
seek counsel

"T-T-T-T-TOUCH GRASS! YEAH! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S OBSESSED!"

lmao athath is the one contesting a weekban for doing something he has been explicitly told not to do on multiple occasions maybe if that sniveling quill-less hedgehog went outside and kicked rocks around for a week we wouldn't be in this situation where I call you a stupid goon.
take your meds dude you are seething way too hard.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #618770

i like to die on stupid hills too
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury