can someone do something stupid and make a stupid appeal already

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

can someone do something stupid and make a stupid appeal already

Post by iwishforducks » #622538

i'm itching to put this new subforum to the test! come on. say something extremely stupid. hell, make it a rule 11 violation. that way we can see how the discussion is now only a quarter racist without non-players!

Something something I do NOT condone breaking the rules. This post was satire. Please read and follow the rules.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: can someone do something stupid and make a stupid appeal already

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #622639

Fun fact!
Terranaut is within 25 metres of your location.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #622704

i have a stupid appeal i could make but idk if its worth it
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #622796

tell us what you did and we'll give you 100% impartial advice on whether you can successfully appeal it
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #622842

Basically, I saw a post about the "Uyghur Genocide" on digg. Then, I posted about it many times in political containment while saying a lot of dumb shit. What I said was honestly pretty bad and it was justified to ban me for that. The thing is, they didn't even ban me for that reason.

After posting about it so many times, I finally began to actually research it. When I researched it instead of basing all my beliefs on a digg post, I started to agree with the pro-China view. Well then I started posting pro-china statements in political containment to try to get other people to realize too. Except this time, people were mad at me; probably since I was now pro-china and there is a ton of anti-china sentiment on the internet. They started arguing against me, and one of them asked, "Do you really agree with putting Muslims in concentration camps?" , which is obviously a loaded question. After I answered that I was banned for: "Just because you say things like "muslims belong in a concentration camp" and delete it doesn't mean we can't verify it. That combined with the shock value edgy teen posting is enough to justify this."

So why was I not banned until I started saying pro-China statements, even though what I said before when I was anti-China was much worse?

I don't really care about getting unbanned in the tg discord, but I think it would be a good peanut thread.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #622847

BlueMemesauce wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:43 pm Basically, I saw a post about the "Uyghur Genocide" on digg. Then, I posted about it many times in political containment while saying a lot of dumb shit. What I said was honestly pretty bad and it was justified to ban me for that. The thing is, they didn't even ban me for that reason.

After posting about it so many times, I finally began to actually research it. When I researched it instead of basing all my beliefs on a digg post, I started to agree with the pro-China view. Well then I started posting pro-china statements in political containment to try to get other people to realize too. Except this time, people were mad at me; probably since I was now pro-china and there is a ton of anti-china sentiment on the internet. They started arguing against me, and one of them asked, "Do you really agree with putting Muslims in concentration camps?" , which is obviously a loaded question. After I answered that I was banned for: "Just because you say things like "muslims belong in a concentration camp" and delete it doesn't mean we can't verify it. That combined with the shock value edgy teen posting is enough to justify this."

So why was I not banned until I started saying pro-China statements, even though what I said before when I was anti-China was much worse?

I don't really care about getting unbanned in the tg discord, but I think it would be a good peanut thread.
You should appeal your ban... now!
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #622879

Do Muslims belong in concentration camps, though? They keep decapitating journalists and homosexuals. I don't know though, because I have no idea what you're talking about. The word Uyghur makes the whole genocide sound made up.

I would not appeal the ban, though. It sounds like you didn't choose your words carefully enough when delivering a hot take and got fucked by a bigotry ban. That's why it requires a certain level of intelligence to deliver hot takes that not everybody possesses.

I'm reminded of a scene in the show Succession, where a prospective presidential candidate (played by Andy Botwin) makes a racist, anti-immigration stance sound down to Earth and reasonable. Really, that whole show is about finding ways to couch terrible things in just the right wording in order to have your insidious agenda fulfilled, which is something narcissists excel at.

If you can't avoid a ban from an effeminate vegan man on the internet then perhaps embracing the mainstream, acceptable viewpoint is right for you.

This whole thing is a banger, I'm sorry to say. I have to post it.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #622902

genocide denial is cringe

being cacogen is an incurable mental illness
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #622938

Listen, I care about the Uyghur genocide just as much as the next guy, which is to say not very much at all. I was hoping though that you'd confirm or deny whether it was you that punished this poor man for sharing opinions you presumably find beneath you and not worthy of politics corner. Do you just stamp out opinions you don't like there?

Also the endless virtue signalling is kind of hard to take when you inevitably reveal you're not a very good person at all. Is it self-righteous narcissism? No, that's something else. It's communal narcissism.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #622942

Please be advise that all the post on <tgstation.org> is monitor by the authorities. Your social credit score has been adjust according.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #622943

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #622949

when i said "do something stupid" i meant do something stupid on ss13 that would get you banned, not be stupid on the forums you absolute fucking dent heads
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #622959

this is even better than a ban appeal though
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #624302

cacogen wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 am Do Muslims belong in concentration camps, though?

(just remembered this was a REAL post after i swore it was just a dream)