Me, everytime I sincerely try to engage with the game:

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Me, everytime I sincerely try to engage with the game:

Post by BONERMASTER » #623688

The latest warm feeling I got was just yesterday, when I was playing detective on the roleplaying server. I was entering the airlock to the brig room, when suddenly a security officer and a botanist punk came sprinting down the hallway. The security officer bumps into me and swaps places, the botanist fires a dart which hits me, and then runs away just as quickly. Within 30 seconds, I am turned into a slime and permanently removed from the game. This feature is called "advanced mutation toxin", and all you have to do to get it is grind up black slimes. It takes a whopping 1u injection to achieve that effect, and it is virtually unstoppable.

Roleplaying server by the way. If you punks think this is roleplaying, then I'll be roleplaying as cuban pete and "accidentally" destroying your funny little departments where you get this stuff, and maybe you too if this "accident" gets particularly "unlucky".

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Me, everytime I sincerely try to engage with the game:

Post by Armhulen » #623690

if you're trying to say xenobiology isn't good then you're preaching to the choir buddy
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #623692

Yeah, xenobio has some pretty cool stuff but sadly coders have nerfed or removed some of the more fun items. Sounds like you got unlucky; a very rare case indeed.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #623695

Xenobiology has well-earned its position alongside Virology, Genetics, and Chemistry in the list of most-hated departments.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #623697

Is genetics even good now? I thought they'd well and truly nerfed it.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #623714

Genetics has three possible states:

Overpowered bullshit that's too easy to get that regularly ruins everything
Overpowered bullshit that's hard to get but then it occasionally shows up and ruins everything
Nerfed into oblivion and a waste of time because it has nothing good no matter how hard you work

It never stays in one of those categories for THAT long but it's always one of them
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #623749

The middle is how it should be
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623751

Aren't coders afraid to add anything to it now? We're at the point where the only genetics content is old genes being split into two. Cant wait for hulk to get split into green stun resist skin and strong arms
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #623754

It's not much to do with genes and all to do with genetics gameplay itself being offensively boring
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #623777

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:09 am
The latest warm feeling I got was just yesterday, when I was playing detective on the roleplaying server. I was entering the airlock to the brig room, when suddenly a security officer and a botanist punk came sprinting down the hallway. The security officer bumps into me and swaps places, the botanist fires a dart which hits me, and then runs away just as quickly. Within 30 seconds, I am turned into a slime and permanently removed from the game. This feature is called "advanced mutation toxin", and all you have to do to get it is grind up black slimes. It takes a whopping 1u injection to achieve that effect, and it is virtually unstoppable.

Roleplaying server by the way. If you punks think this is roleplaying, then I'll be roleplaying as cuban pete and "accidentally" destroying your funny little departments where you get this stuff, and maybe you too if this "accident" gets particularly "unlucky".
I mean, this sounds like more of a problem with Xenobiology than with Manuel as an RP server.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #623796

Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:41 am Aren't coders afraid to add anything to it now? We're at the point where the only genetics content is old genes being split into two. Cant wait for hulk to get split into green stun resist skin and strong arms
they're not afraid they just cna't come up with reasonable ideas that we'll let past.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623811

Make genetics overpowered again!!!

All the drawbacks it has now for every "boon" just makes me sad
► Show Spoiler