if blood brother goes good on mrp we should bring it back to lrp

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

if blood brother goes good on mrp we should bring it back to lrp

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #623712

blood brothers is fun and there is no reason why it should be mrp restricted
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: if blood brother goes good on mrp we should bring it back to lrp

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #623713

people kept metagaming the shit out of me during blood brother rounds because people would ask me to help them with stuff and i would and then sec would permabrig/execute me for being a "blood brother" when all i did was open a door for someone so he could borrow something

manuel player btw
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #623715

I can't imagine seeing people try to RP Blood Brothers on LRP
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #623722

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:46 pm I can't imagine seeing people try to RP Blood Brothers on LRP
Why not? I've seen it in the past.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #623727

Most of the time on LRP blood brothers will ignore their partner and just use it as a free antag pass without ever even interacting with their partner.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #623733

Blood brother was shit, and I’m damn tired of blood bother apologists. Nothing hurts my soul worse than getting the whiskey echo sound, and it’s just a legal greytide pass.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #623737

It was bad
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #623739

BlueMemesauce wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 pm Most of the time on LRP blood brothers will ignore their partner and just use it as a free antag pass without ever even interacting with their partner.
+1
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #623745

I like blood brothers. Having a partner in crime is fun.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623772

I had a fun time as an lrp xenobiologist blood brother with a miner partner. That mind transfer potion fireball magicarp + lazarus injector combo went crazy.

Department Cooperation in antagonism!
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #623774

It was bad primarily because of fairly shit enforcement and approach to antagonists from the community, and far less because it didn't functionally work mechanically. The vast majority of my blood brother rounds going bad was due to one dickhead going postal and getting himself killed roundstart, or mass destruction without a word to anyone else in the group, catching everyone else in the collateral. It is very different to try and fail than not try at all and fuck over your team mates.

(That said it might help if blood brothers had less severe failure states)

This is a team antag. There has to be teamwork, and there exists policy to handle this. You should make genuine effort toward contributing toward the group goal and including the group in your actions. And admins should hold these morons accountable for it.

This is a bare minimum expectation of the roleplay server, and if it fails there because of the above reasons, then the server itself is a failure.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #623798

the MRp admins can't even run families apparently, so I expect blood brother will end the same way as always.

Should have removed it earlier.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #623826

If it were designed in such a way that it didn't clash with the culture that Manuel has spawned it wouldn't fall to the admins to referee it in the first place.
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #623927

i miss blood brothers because its one of the best antags when your partner is good but that only happens 1/10 times
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #623939

blood brothers removed from a vote long time ago, headmins decide to reenable without any changes to see if it works yet??? weird
respect (let him do his thing)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #623952

My single greatest achievement on /tg/ was starting the policy thread that ultimately got BBs removed
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #623967

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:22 am My single greatest achievement on /tg/ was starting the policy thread that ultimately got BBs removed
► Show Spoiler
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #624049

My partners always went loud roundstart and would always get themselves killed, leaving me to just tinker around with some low-level antagonist shenanigans. I don't think BB should be allowed back on lowRP because while its really cool when it does work out, 9 out of 10 times it fails to be intriguing for the crew or the brothers themselves. Its like cult but there's no way to get replacement teammates for the idiot you have at the start.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #624101

so i've played mrp a bit and i keep having comdom sec/captain go around trying to murder people and accusing them of blood brothers constantly, I had a fucking captain try to de-human the head of security and head of personnel because they both talked in accents and accused them of being blood brothers. blood brothers is a shitty antag type because it causes metagaming like this
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #624109

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:42 pm so i've played mrp a bit and i keep having comdom sec/captain go around trying to murder people and accusing them of blood brothers constantly, I had a fucking captain try to de-human the head of security and head of personnel because they both talked in accents and accused them of being blood brothers. blood brothers is a shitty antag type because it causes metagaming like this
The people ask for paranoia, and that's what they get. That doesn't sound like metagaming to me.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #624112

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:06 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:42 pm so i've played mrp a bit and i keep having comdom sec/captain go around trying to murder people and accusing them of blood brothers constantly, I had a fucking captain try to de-human the head of security and head of personnel because they both talked in accents and accused them of being blood brothers. blood brothers is a shitty antag type because it causes metagaming like this
The people ask for paranoia, and that's what they get. That doesn't sound like metagaming to me.
there's a difference between "paranoia" and "wordlessly setting the AI to kill 2 heads of staff as the Captain"

i haven't seen a justifiable mutiny in a while but I gotta say watching the crew line up to the bridge to watch the captain get decapitated with the fireman's axe was fun. i just wish they built a guillotine instead.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #624408

Blood brothers might be putting the deduction back into the social deduction game. I've definitely found myself wondering if someone's active involvement with someone and apparent incompetence isn't some kind of active plot of some kind by some blood brothers to make things frustrating.

So far I've only discovered people are just deeply incompetent but it does make it more fun trying to work out peoples deal.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #624487

i liked it
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #624556

I heavily disliked blood brother

If you want to work with someone as antag buy a syndi radio as tot and if there is another traitor willing to do some teamwork they will buy one too.

My experience is most of the time your blood brother either wants nothing to do with you or had no clue what they were doing, both equally bad experiences. Combine the fact blood brothers had no way to communicate with each other and it just sucked and ended up playing like hardcore traitor most of the time. Maybe it would have been better if the blood brothers had a private communication method but I believe that has been shot down before for one reason or another.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #624684

BBs is cool cause it's like the only antag type that doesn't have a clear giveaway. No uplink, no gear, no codex, no armblade, no de-conversion with a mindshield...

Basically means anyone could be evil and drives the paranoia levels up a bit. It's also fun to work with someone - anyone who claims BBs bad because "ZOMG MY PARTNER'S SO UNROBUST!!" is cringe, that's the point you have to make your team work with whoever you're paired with.
Spoiler: