As a certified player™️, I despise Revs

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

As a certified player™️, I despise Revs

Post by The Wrench » #624511

It’s one of the worst game modes in my opinion and it extends in already dead shift longer than what it has to. At least cult has the common curiosity to blow the station up after a minute post win
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: As a certified player™️, I despise Revs

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #624512

I asked about your opinion. Thank you for posting it.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #624514

"Hey guys, we just kicked those Centcomm dogs off of the station!"
"Great, what do we do now?"
"Let's ask Centcomm to send us a shuttle that delivers us right to their headquarters so we can be executed and/or reeducated!"
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #624515

revs is fine when it ended the round but mothblocks is obsessed with post rev
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #624516

+1. I play CMO mostly and enjoy the whole healing department stuff. Rev rounds are either me dying early on or spending most of the round turtling in the brig, either way its a really boring experience. Personal POV.

Even more generally though, from an observer perspective, revs have high death tolls mostly being round removal and a tendancy to drag on. If any third antagonist of power but without a round goal turns up (swarmers, spiders and ofc aliens) then the round has a good chance of softlocking as the crew will fail to co-operate and counter the threat. There is no way of forcing the mode to conclusion short of admin intervention, and as the crew numbers dwindle more and more it really slows down often and until key figures die, nothing can progress the game state.

Cult feels "similar" conceptually in that its an undercover conversion that turns into TDM but the progression of eyes/halos drives some balance point (numbers wise) into the way it plays out, and both teams have a way of forcing a conclusion (summon nar'sie, call shuttle).
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #624518

Adam Klein wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:15 am It’s one of the worst game modes in my opinion and it extends in already dead shift longer than what it has to. At least cult has the common curiosity to blow the station up after a minute post win
It'd be fine if we stole Paradise's "Summon ert" button
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #624527

when revs round is "won"

teh round should restart, everyoen who was on the losing side should start as prisoner, and everyone who was antag when teh round was interrupted should get their antag again.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #624529

oranges wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:30 am when revs round is "won"

teh round should restart, everyoen who was on the losing side should start as prisoner, and everyone who was antag when teh round was interrupted should get their antag again.
wat to all of this, none of it makes sense
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #624531

i like revs, especially once transitions from surprise attacks into pitched battles
also getting mobbed after stumbling into REVCON 2560 is funny to me even if i get roundremoved
𓆏 [...]... ([...] [...] [...] [...] [...]?)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #624532

everyone thinks a revs win should end the round except for mothblocks. I've just taken to either sending a deathsquad or a 1 min emergency shuttle to get it over with
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #624543

Farquaar wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am "Hey guys, we just kicked those Centcomm dogs off of the station!"
"Let's ask Centcomm to send us a shuttle that delivers us right to their headquarters so we can be executed and/or reeducated!"
Fluff it that a parallel revolution is happening on centcomm, spawn a few dead interns on the shuttle bay, you are joining your comrades in the glorious struggle at central command. Fixed
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #624547

Armhulen wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:23 am

The baffling bit is potentially enabling roundstart antag knowledge if nothing else. I hope you didn't go loud as a tot before the revolution was won.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624567

people have been complaining about game modes for fucking years. stop complaining about it. give up your body to ghosts, go to another server, commit fucking suicide with your character. stop fucking whining
i regularly commit suicide during war ops because 99 percent of the time I hate playing it and would much rather watch

people complained so much about shit on hippie that they straight up removed blob, nerfed wizards hard and made it so lings couldnt revive themselves
news flash it made an already dying server even worse off

the only game mode that is garbage is families and goof is still working on that
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #624590

revs is one of the best team deathmatch gamemodes

you guys are just big babies

also post-revs my beloved <3 i think it's totally fine that the shuttle is instantly called when revs win. if there's anything i would change about post-revs is that it should just force a shuttle call. it's hilarious as the revs look around and realize they've completely wrecked everything
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #624608

yeah the aftermath from a revolution is absolutely a blast
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #624637

anyone who hates revs hates ss13 and should leave
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #624647

i really do like postrevs but i agree with autocall. 10 or even 20 minutes of postrevs is a good fill
GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #624681

Autocall is meh just end the round
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #624683

Revs is my favorite gamemode despite the cringe change they made to it.
WineAllWine wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:00 am everyone thinks a revs win should end the round except for mothblocks. I've just taken to either sending a deathsquad or a 1 min emergency shuttle to get it over with
The rationale was that it was anticlimactic for the round to just end. But it's even more anticlimactic for the round to drag on for 30 min with no clear winner/loser on roundend text. Post-revs can be fun though - shuttle should probably be auto-called to arrive in 10 after the last head dies so revs can enjoy the victory a little bit.
Spoiler:
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #624751

k ur opinion sux
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #624836

Having the round end with victory is, in fact, very climactic

unless the last head of a side was just hiding for ages
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #625063

I don't understand why they changed it so after you're flashed you have to lie down for the rest of your life unless you toggle rest and then you don't. Revs used to be fun and good but it seems very difficult to get off the ground these days and I think a lack of revheads (used to be three, now when you get midround sleeper or whatever the fuck it's just you) has to do with it. That and the obvious tell of having everybody you flash spending three years in a coma unless a mob spends a day and a half shaking them up. This is probably a bug but the fact it's been around for so long without being fixed has cemented it as an inevitable part of revs.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #626608

Revs is based and a staple
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #626650

GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:23 pm Autocall is meh just end the round
Autocall's good because it lets the other antags have a short while to finish what they're doing.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #626721

you are going to prison
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #626723

Farquaar wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am "Hey guys, we just kicked those Centcomm dogs off of the station!"
Its their lord of the flies moment

Who wants to be on a station surrounded by dead bodies and hull breaches?
► Show Spoiler
GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #626729

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:21 am
GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:23 pm Autocall is meh just end the round
Autocall's good because it lets the other antags have a short while to finish what they're doing.
They shouldn't have a right to do whatever they're doing just end the round who wants a more boring game so John antag can slip the janitor in maints for an extra 15 minutes yawn
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #626798

Admins who go on about player entitlement to be alive or finish their round or whatever are always wrong in whatever they're saying

the rare armholes rank break
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #626831

GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:16 pm
They shouldn't have a right to do whatever they're doing just end the round who wants a more boring game so John antag can slip the janitor in maints for an extra 15 minutes yawn
Do you want it to be removed because we got policy threads by people complaining it ruined their antag round because they spent 20 minutes prepping something and then the rev ended? Other than Cult or Nooki, we don't really have anything that just INSTANTLY ends the round, and they do that because the round literally can't continue.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #626834

To be fair it's not like that happened before (policy threads about Revolution and dynamic, let alone ones that would be entertained legitimately), it was just a very strong motivation.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #626836

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:01 am
Do you want it to be removed because we got policy threads by people complaining it ruined their antag round because they spent 20 minutes prepping something and then the rev ended? Other than Cult or Nooki, we don't really have anything that just INSTANTLY ends the round, and they do that because the round literally can't continue.
I just dont think anyone is entitled to antag, and people who have "their" round "ruined" can just deal with it imo rule 10 yadayadayadayada, it was observably more enjoyable for me whenever it just faded to black like the sopranos
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #626841

GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:36 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:01 am
I just dont think anyone is entitled to antag, and people who have "their" round "ruined" can just deal with it imo rule 10 yadayadayadayada, it was observably more enjoyable for me whenever it just faded to black like the sopranos
I can kinda understand that. That aside, I'm still kinda leaning on the like, "is Revs Win really something as cataclysmic as Nookis and Cult?" for the sake of just ending round. Iunno. I see strong arguments either way, and don't really have a side.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #626861

You guys are making some good points we should probably double the amount of firelocks used on station jic
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #626947

heh revs