rule 3 policy discussion peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

rule 3 policy discussion peanut

Post by Shadowflame909 » #627066

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30835
>Mfw George Lemons kills me and the entire server because he's robust

>Ahelp to "Future Nanotransen" about this issue

>Chrono Legionnaires ice this fool

Make Admins DM again! This would be very enjoyable to watch and would make dying rewarding.

Admins have a lot of buttons to press. And yet the majority of these buttons are collecting dust.

It's been quite some time since I've seen the floor turn into lava.
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: rule 3 policy discussion peanut

Post by Mothblocks » #627074

those rounds are when we're training admins and you see like 13 admins on at the same time
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #627079

Mothblocks does this count for the bet or do I need to make another more particular thread
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #627083

cant really make an antags round that much more challenging when the stations all gone lemon
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #627087

fine fine, in the morning then
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #627092

Pros:
- seems like a cool idea
Cons:
- fear RP?
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #627120

Admins would bus a bit more if they didn't have to deal with Karen's it is what it is
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #627123

GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:40 pm Admins would bus a bit more if they didn't have to deal with Karen's it is what it is
I know that highlander button sparkles at you guys in the admin chat
► Show Spoiler
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627125

Rules lawyering should be illegal
however we'll need 7 pages of guidelines and precedents to clarify that
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #627157

Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:47 pm
GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:40 pm Admins would bus a bit more if they didn't have to deal with Karen's it is what it is
I know that highlander button sparkles at you guys in the admin chat
Thankfully it doesn't for me (i hate high lander)
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #627158

Admins should be free to press as many buttons as they want, Admin complaints over button presses should get the accuser laughed at. Press those buttons
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #627314

Adam Klein wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:54 pm Admins should be free to press as many buttons as they want, Admin complaints over button presses should get the accuser laughed at. Press those buttons
Why would they have the buttons if they weren't meant to press them? Checkmate, losers.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #627325

if we dont implement this rule as-is, we should at least permaban everyone who's rallying against it in the policy thread.

either way we improve the quality of the community. win-win.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #627328

Rallying against it is pointless, its the direction mso wants and he isn't swayed by forumites.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #627332

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:00 pm Rallying against it is pointless, its the direction mso wants and he isn't swayed by forumites.
Flow like water
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #627336

Flatulent is the best activist for the new rule we could have asked for. Spiteful hateful boomer who is exactly the issue this rule change would effect. Not to mention he’s seething. Maybe he’ll go touch some grass, or bring hippie back from the dead.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #627338

Adam Klein wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:07 pm Flatulent is the best activist for the new rule we could have asked for. Spiteful hateful boomer who is exactly the issue this rule change would effect. Not to mention he’s seething. Maybe he’ll go touch some grass, or bring hippie back from the dead.
It's kinda how I've been feeling seeing ATH in there. Like the guy who goes out of his way to figure out a bug, exploit it for his own amusement, and then immediately patch it once he's unleashed it, rallying against what's basically just a "Don't Bad Faith" rule is vaguely entertaining.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #627346

Flatulent's arguments would carry more weight if he posted in the players club.

:shades: :brain:
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #627348

► Show Spoiler
Lol

The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #627349

Terry main, and he’s assmad, AND HE PLAYS LESS THAN THE AVERAGE CODER. Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #627352

RaveRadbury wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:32 pm Flatulent's arguments would carry more weight if he posted in the players club.

You would note most people complaining about the ruling are mysteriously absent from here.

Calling flatulent a boomer is fucked up. I've been here for like 11 years im the boomer and i says manuel is closest to how tgstation was when i started playing. Putting the server on the hub was a mistake *old man fart*
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #627357

To all the LRP gamers who are complaining about TG being rip, There are other communities that would be more than happy to take you. Shiptest is a more MRP community, and voidcrew is the same thing but LRP

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #627374

Adam Klein wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:43 pm Terry main, and he’s assmad, AND HE PLAYS LESS THAN THE AVERAGE CODER. Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I think he quit over not being allowed to call black people subhumans or something

Even I play more than him lmao
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #627375

Thats fucking embarrassing
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #627376

arguably the admins that people are worried would use this rule in a terrible way probably don't show up often enough on the servers to make it a concern so maybe it's less of an issue than previously thought

critically thinking,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #627377

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:00 pm Rallying against it is pointless, its the direction mso wants and he isn't swayed by forumites.
Literally the only things he has swung his host dick around about are rule 11 related. He tries not to push things in a specific direction, so this isn't a matter of 'it's happening', it's a matter of 'I would strongly prefer if this happened'.

Also it's a generally good idea depending on how it's worded.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #627381

I've always just pretended like this was a rule anyway
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #627388

I don’t really see why sticky is so intent on being a dick in most policy discussions. Antagonizing people in your argument, even if you’re right, only serves to drive them further away from finding a common ground. It’s very frustrating to see, regardless of whether or not you agree or disagree with him. I wish he would stop. @sticky
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #627405

@sticky listen to my admin son and stop. i know its in your nature. but reject your nature and stop doing it
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #627438

The only real solution I see to this is to make it a config
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #627482

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:05 pm
RaveRadbury wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:32 pm Flatulent's arguments would carry more weight if he posted in the players club.

You would note most people complaining about the ruling are mysteriously absent from here.

Calling flatulent a boomer is fucked up. I've been here for like 11 years im the boomer and i says manuel is closest to how tgstation was when i started playing. Putting the server on the hub was a mistake *old man fart*
correct
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #627515

Hulkamania wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:14 pm I've always just pretended like this was a rule anyway
I believe it, you've basically been one of the more notable admins when it came to dealing with people acting in extremely bad faith even if it wasn't necessarily an explicit rules break.

Personally, I kind of wished more players recognized they're not really appreciated for effectively worsening the experience of the server as a whole, and either maybe take steps to moving away from toxic behaviours, or alternatively, simply accepting that there are maybe places which are more likely to accept it (though why they would is beyond me and I feel even those places aren't going to remain the same forever without collapsing under toxicity).
Last edited by NecromancerAnne on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #627523

I'm just gonna put this here because when I made that off-topic post in that thread I didn't realise there was a perfectly good peanut thread to avoid deletion for it.
Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:09 pm We decide what the future of the culture is and if you're not in that future that's not our problem.
Sticky thinks of his role here the way 98 IQ /pol/ posters think of Jews in Western society.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #627526

cacogen wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:50 am I'm just gonna put this here because when I made that off-topic post in that thread I didn't realise there was a perfectly good peanut thread to avoid deletion for it.
Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:09 pm We decide what the future of the culture is and if you're not in that future that's not our problem.
Sticky thinks of his role here the way 98 IQ /pol/ posters think of Jews in Western society.
When I say We I mean "We the community". I'm specifically excluding the targets of my criticism from the community because I think they're not really part of it.

I of course have never personally influenced anything anywhere in this community in the whole last decade pay no attention to me I'm just bing chillin
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #627533

I'm gonna be honest that immediately made me think of the Army of Humanity in Disco Elysium, where anybody who opposes them (and by extension, their leader and her agenda) is by implication not a part of humanity. It's the kind of "love it or leave it" thing certain admins who always wanted their own way and did not respond well to criticism would trot out when met with pushback from players.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #627604

Na, its more like half the people criticizing the rule stopped playing when Manuel came out because they liked ruining the roleplay experience of rpers and once they got quarantined on Sybil with the other norpers the game stopped being fun for them.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #627665

The rule doesn't necessarily even make ANYTHING MRP if we are going by our own current MRP rules or standards, Im all for people not treating the game like fortnite norp but this rule doesn't really do much to stop it imo, I think some admins may have discussed some sort of expectations guide in terms of roleplay and the setting and I'd rather see developments on those fronts than this rule, admins from a time further ago than my join date have also told me this rule was from a time when admins were very selective and I have the concern this rule leaves just enough room open for someone to be an annoying moron with it and as we know it's very hard to deadmin someone once they climb the stairs up the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #627694

Is it really that difficult to impose the idea of good faith / bad faith discretion in enforcement?

Obviously discerning intent/incident from logs takes a certain amount of critical thinking, but most of the appeals arguments I see in FNR cycle around rules lawyering. This can be countered with "We all know you're being a dick."

We also shouldn't be afraid of filtering both the players and the admins through this process. You're going to have a cacophony of Karen screams, probably coordinated by discord metafriends, but honestly the internal admin circle could deeply benefit by having a universal 'shitter watch list' of people who consistently push the envelope and try to worm around rules 1 (and 3 if it returns). If the admin group could be super tight in general, they could be a unified front as a team against certain teams of players who love to drag them down over literally anything.
► Show Spoiler
As a terminal pnp DM I fucking love DMd events and DMing. Let creative people shine. Let whiny NRPers burn.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #627710

honestly the internal admin circle could deeply benefit by having a universal 'shitter watch list' of people who consistently push the envelope and try to worm around rules 1
We have this, it's whatever names are regularly brought up with nothing good to say
One discord/IRC channel that people are encouraged to post in to vent/communicate over hard tickets feels like it would iron out the differences ALOT.
We have this