Purge of Shit 2022 (Discord Edition)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Purge of Shit 2022 (Discord Edition)

Post by san7890 » #628360

holy crap guys jannies (code and game) must now play the game to get verified to send messages this is so fucking sad noooooooooooo

(i actually agree with this change i just like the name "Purge of Shit 2022")
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: Purge of Shit 2022 (Discord Edition)

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628369

We should make this as big of a deal as the original Purge of Shit

Okay I'll start:

MSO is literally the new Errorage
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #628370

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:47 am We should make this as big of a deal as the original Purge of Shit

Okay I'll start:

You there. /tg/station historian
Tell me the tale
The tale of the original Purge of Shit
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #628380

I missed the purge of shit too. I returned to find everybody had moved from ss13.eu to what I guess was this site. I don't think I got any details other than the old host had banned the maintainers from the forums and Hornygranny had proudly displayed in their signature they were the sole survivor of the purge of shit. The only explanation I saw was that the old host had "gone crazy", but I'm sure there was more to it than that. I feel like the people with power nowadays are more levelheaded and responsible than back then. MSO or oranges could probably explain what happened.

Also some details about what OP is in reference to would be nice. They have to log in to re-verify or something?
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #628402

cacogen wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:20 am Also some details about what OP is in reference to would be nice. They have to log in to re-verify or something?
its just a verification system to link your ingame byond account with your discord account to try and stop people from getting their stuff hijacked by russians on the internet

mso switched to a new/better one so all c*ders must now log into the game and play for at least ten (10) seconds to reinstate their discord adminchannel shitposting privilege's
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #628406

nianjiilical wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:47 am mso switched to a new/better one so all c*ders must now log into the game and play for at least ten (10) seconds to reinstate their discord adminchannel shitposting privilege's
seems like pretty big over-reach... soon enough admins will need to submit a PHOTO ID and proof of gameplay just to speak in discord! give them an inch they take a mile!

seasons greetings,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #628472

i would also like the lore on this
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #628480

you don't actually need to play the game to get verified, just connect to tgstation servers at least once.

having more than 90 minutes playtime gives you the certified spessman role in case we ever need to stop a raid.

it's not a timebased window either so this won't do what OP implies
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628483

Farquaar wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:56 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:47 am We should make this as big of a deal as the original Purge of Shit

Okay I'll start:

You there. /tg/station historian
Tell me the tale
The tale of the original Purge of Shit
I think this image will give you a pretty good idea: Image
► Show Spoiler
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #628485

notable because jeb did nothing but offer to host the forums when erro complained about the cost and was otherwise an extremely polite and respected individual
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #628491

oranges wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:17 pm notable because jeb did nothing but offer to host the forums when erro complained about the cost and was otherwise an extremely polite and respected individual
Yeah Errorage was a bit off their rocker. I wasn't super active in the community back then but even I remember hearing about Errorage's actions through the grapevine. Jeb was always a good person.

All is well now though. Enough time has passed to forgive them.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #628498

What was coderbus.com? And TGS vs NTS?
► Show Spoiler
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #628524

paprika did nothing wrong

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #628525

while we are at it tonto did nothing wrong (unrelated but i miss him)

with sadness,
bobbah 'bee' brown

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #628528

Farquaar wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:01 pm What was coderbus.com? And TGS vs NTS?
NTS = NTStation, the tg split.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #628530

bobbahbrown wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:12 am paprika did nothing wrong

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

also they came from the oranges school of chat shit get banged so they were as toxic as me at their worst to complainers, made a lot of people salty
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #628531

bobbahbrown wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:25 pm
nianjiilical wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:47 am mso switched to a new/better one so all c*ders must now log into the game and play for at least ten (10) seconds to reinstate their discord adminchannel shitposting privilege's
seems like pretty big over-reach... soon enough admins will need to submit a PHOTO ID and proof of gameplay just to speak in discord! give them an inch they take a mile!

seasons greetings,
bobbah 'bee' brown
What season is it?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #628546

There was a short code fork situation, originally erro's attempt to fork from coderbus, called NTStation, but they just started using my forums instead so he lost them too.

coderbus.com was the original name of this site it was originally gonna be a coderbus only forum. hornygranny registered it. It lasted a week before sos made it the official website and rock (headcoder at the time) registered tgstation13.org
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #628547

MrStonedOne wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:30 am
There was a short code fork situation, originally erro's attempt to fork from coderbus, called NTStation, but they just started using my forums instead so he lost them too.

coderbus.com was the original name of this site it was originally gonna be a coderbus only forum. hornygranny registered it. It lasted a week before sos made it the official website and rock (headcoder at the time) registered tgstation13.org
we're so goddamn old MSO

our brittle old hips
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #628548

coderbus.com psyop to make An0n3 host
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #628549

Let's all have a moment of silence for singulo.io too lmao
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #628564

Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:13 pm
Farquaar wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:56 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:47 am *snip*
Seeing Hornygranny on the original perma list is hilarious
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #628620

bobbahbrown wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:12 am paprika did nothing wrong

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown
He is probably the worst human being /tg/station has ever seen. Which is a staggering achievement.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #628629

I'm still a fan of his abortions copypasta
I was sympathetic towards him because he made secways and moved us from tazers to disablers (secways were cool once!) but then I met them years later and they were intentionally picking the job I wanted solely so I wouldn't get it. That was pretty mean.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #628632

yesterday 2 separate people complimented me on my driving
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #628648

how about your flying
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #628934

confused rock wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:05 pm I'm still a fan of his abortions copypasta
I was sympathetic towards him because he made secways and moved us from tazers to disablers (secways were cool once!) but then I met them years later and they were intentionally picking the job I wanted solely so I wouldn't get it. That was pretty mean.
He had a lot of good additions. He added overlays to belts to show what they were holding on the sprite. He added and I think even sprited the defibrillator, after cloning had been stealth nerfed for a long time as probably an unintentional side-effect of Razharas making machines deconstructible. He was just Buffalo Bill.