Breaking Lore thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Breaking Lore thread

Post by Bawhoppennn » #629760

Post all your breaking lore news here
Post everything the people in lore general refuse to acknowledge as the true reality:

1. Moth society is largely made up of religious fanatics. There is much more to this later

2. The new thermal pistols are chambered in 4.55THz x 10.48 eV^-4 (ignore the x, it's not actually a multiplication, it's for stylistic purposes; it's actually a ratio that has been grandfathered in)

These 2 new lore details have thereby been ratified by the General Lore Councile

Also if anyone from #lorebus is still alive please come here also even though you guys didn't do anything even remotely resembling lore
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Breaking Lore thread

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #629762

The gas giant exists.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #629788

the captain's bathroom is a nonfunctional cosmetic replica, all the head of staff lockers have little holes in the bottom so they can shit in them when they need to

space dragons only exist as long as people believe in them, they were extinct for hundreds of years until nanotrasen discovered ancient egyptian artifacts in space china and everyone started believing in them again

monkeys have souls, the biogenerator is actually a divine instrument wrought from energies beyond mankind's understanding capable of birthing new lives from the atoms of prayers and watermelon juice

ian is a tulpa
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #629819

Pissing is illegal in Spinward.
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #629838

the orgin of the supermatter is the the essence of a thousand clowns thrown into a singularity crushed and compressed into a crystal. that is why it is yellow
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #629841

The Clown Planet was once the seat of a galactic superpower. Once feared, their fall from hegemony in the 2400s has led to clowns becoming a true laughing stock. Their traditional clothing, symbols, and rituals were caricatured and grew to be a subject of mockery, until clownish culture became little more than a humorous costume.
► Show Spoiler
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #630031

Bluespace is a fourth spacial dimension. It's hard for low frequency phenomena to move or expand into the bluer parts of bluespace, due to some sort of frequency filtering phenomenon. We don't know how it works. It's BS.
There is a redspace (the "below" to the bluespace's "above") but it's complicated to access for some reason. Funky stuff lives there.
Bluespace launchpads are fourth dimensional catapults. Bluespace crystals are small in three dimensional space but ridiculously long in the fourth axis, and are used as levers.
Breaking a bluespace crystal is fourth dimensional polejumping.
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #630073

The redspace can only be loosely interpreted as the fractals in which 'true sunlight' exists. It is the permeating warmth that both vends off the void and heralds the inevitable heat death of the universe. Individuals who pass through the .0000000000001 micron spaces that leak true redspace are instantly conflagrated from the ghost out. Those who have the willpower to survive this intense and immeasurably agony are cursed to burn forever, nicknamed 'the plasma men'.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #630088

Russia no longer exists.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #630131

Vekter wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:36 am Russia no longer exists.
It was blasted off into space in the 2259 "Supermatter vodka" incident. Hence space russians.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #630140

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 am
Vekter wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:36 am Russia no longer exists.
It was blasted off into space in the 2259 "Supermatter vodka" incident. Hence space russians.
its all coming together now
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #630197

Okay, lore question for you all: are ss13 humans genetically modified?
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #630204

Bawhoppennn wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:39 am Okay, lore question for you all: are ss13 humans genetically modified?
The rigours of long-term habitation in space required that humans be modified so as to be unable to bend at the knees. Movement is accomplished by sliding along floors at high speeds.
► Show Spoiler
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #630206

Cloning was removed from NT stations due to a lack of Cloner Toner
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #630207

Bawhoppennn wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:39 am Okay, lore question for you all: are ss13 humans genetically modified?
We literally pick out our characters genes at character creation. This checks out.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #630374

why would they not be
NT owns your soul and genome and if you die you come back just fine the next shift because of the fact that cloners are, lore-wise, still employed by NT but only at CC to keep their crews alive

as NT you don't need to care about anything other than the immediate few days/weeks for your employees so go all-in on genetic modification, they can't say no

as for my breaking lore bit:
station gravity is not the same as earth gravity - gravity would be the same as icebox, which is a moon of a moon and presumably not the same as terran gravity
keeping gravity the same across all research platforms (stations and icebox) is important for reproducing experiments

considering icebox has a water cycle and an atmosphere it's probably also got a magnetic field (and presumably some level of gravity to sustain a "survivable" atmosphere) so I'm betting it's probably around 0.6-0.9 g (probably a fairly dense moon)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #630384

In the year 2400, the landmass previously thought of as the peninsula of Florida was discovered to be a colossal mineral based alien parasite that was coming out of an extended period of suspended animation. In order to save Earth from the spread of Florida and it's reality deviance, the state was quarantined and launched into deep space via experimental wormhole technology. It settled on a rogue planet and quickly converted the shadowed world into Planet Florida. The laws of physics are only mere suggestions here and the planet has terrifying and eldritch effects on the DNA of its inhabitants. The few mad survivors that scrabble for subsistence in the darkened fetid swamps make excellent recruits for the Space Wizards Federation, and Nanotrasen has declared the entirety of the Florida system to be off-limits and subject to a total information quarantine.
BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #631408

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:21 pm In the year 2400, the landmass previously thought of as the peninsula of Florida was discovered to be a colossal mineral based alien parasite that was coming out of an extended period of suspended animation. In order to save Earth from the spread of Florida and it's reality deviance, the state was quarantined and launched into deep space via experimental wormhole technology. It settled on a rogue planet and quickly converted the shadowed world into Planet Florida. The laws of physics are only mere suggestions here and the planet has terrifying and eldritch effects on the DNA of its inhabitants. The few mad survivors that scrabble for subsistence in the darkened fetid swamps make excellent recruits for the Space Wizards Federation, and Nanotrasen has declared the entirety of the Florida system to be off-limits and subject to a total information quarantine.
junglestation lore