The human disease

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

The human disease

Post by BONERMASTER » #631325

"Hey, I did something cool!"
-> "I did it too, and even better."

You. can't. have. a simple fucking compliment these days. No matter what you are doing, NOBODY will genuinely feel happy for you or tell you "wooah, nice! That is really impressive!" nonono, they have to yell out how they did that very specific thing you just did, a million times, it does not matter what it is, you can be John Rambo, there are 100000000 other Rambos out there just waiting for you to open your mouth so they can start babbling about their casual military exploits and how many countries they laid waste to.

This fucking behavioral disease is already wretched. But where it get's really vile and pandemic is when we get to the contrarian type. Have the most simple opinion you can imagine, he will feel the electromagnetic vibrations of the earth, and he will find a way to disagree with you, and to let you know about it. "I want everyone to have fun in this game!" "Well, you can't have that, because..." fuck you, you are a disease, you need the cure, it's lead. Trust me, because I tried out chemist today, and if this doesn't certify me to have 5 doctor titles to validate my diagnosis, then nothing will.

Oh, you play chemist all the time and it's no big deal? :mrgreen:
► Show Spoiler

With healing regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: The human disease

Post by Mothblocks » #631328

The HPLC has a large beaker in it that nobody ever takes, that's the only times I ever use it. I only barely understand what its graph is actually showing.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #631337

Sometimes I stick my uncooked meth through this thing out of superstition. It pleases the ghost in the machine that makes it not explode gooder.

I think Bonermaster does a great job at getting mad this is a genuine compliment

So does Crag
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #631371

YBS wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:58 am I think Bonermaster does a great job at getting mad this is a genuine compliment
:mrgreen:
YBS wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:58 am So does Crag
:)
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #631374

the hplc should have a 1 in 10000 chance of dispensing a pulse rifle, that'll make people use it
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #631392

Genuinely confused here, bragging about something you did well is not a compliment. Compliments are things that one human gives another, not something that you give yourself. It's okay to have a little brag and be proud of yourself.

You're bragging and getting mad when someone one-ups you. 🤷‍♂️
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #631401

BONERMASTER wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:54 pm -snip-
Agree with first point - especially in chatrooms like Discord and on the internet, people brag more than they would be in-person or even just speaking.

The HPLC is actually pretty close to how a mass spectrometer works in real life, which is cool, but also makes it really fuckin complicated for a vidyagame. Essentially you're detecting peaks in absorbance of light that correspond to your various compounds. If you have just one compound, you probably just have one peak. This peak then has a smaller, different color peak contained within it - that corresponds to your impurity. The bigger the impurity peak the greater your impurity.

You can just ignore the graph though, the more informative part is the quantitative readings below it that show the precise amount of impurity in your sample.
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #631785

Oneups-manship is pretty lame. Especially when it's negative things... like how people brag about being more unhealthy, or in particular, sleep-deprived.

"Ha, you haven't slept for 20 hours? I've been awake for 2 days straight!"
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.