Liljackrabbit25 Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Liljackrabbit25 Peanut

Post by YBS » #631335

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31069

Local Terry Mascot politely asks to return for a little grousing, gets the dox pulled on him
Behold the NRP enjoyer

https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/vi ... ckrabbit25
Last edited by YBS on Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: Liljackrabbit25 Peanut

Post by sinfulbliss » #631381

Honestly it just puts a sour taste in my mouth seeing other admins throwing their two-cents in against the appealer. The banning admin can pull up the player's ban history and draw a conclusion for themselves, having a 3rd-party admin nudge them in any particular direction isn't fair.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #631416

as much as I dislike vekter, I don't want lazy admins taking someone at their word and letting in toxic players

I dug around at that red guys appeal and found like 5 instances of the exact same appeal, it was then immediately denied, fuck him

so it all works out in the end in this case
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #631433

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:26 pm Honestly it just puts a sour taste in my mouth seeing other admins throwing their two-cents in against the appealer. The banning admin can pull up the player's ban history and draw a conclusion for themselves, having a 3rd-party admin nudge them in any particular direction isn't fair.
Seeing the dox get pulled out, this person has serious behavioral issues.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #631434

its not a dox, its just looking up the players history
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #631441

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:26 pm Honestly it just puts a sour taste in my mouth seeing other admins throwing their two-cents in against the appealer. The banning admin can pull up the player's ban history and draw a conclusion for themselves, having a 3rd-party admin nudge them in any particular direction isn't fair.
I found the guy's history and specifically asked Magma if he wanted me to post it. I didn't just post this without notifying the banning admin.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #631466

okay but dude like come ON
Severe overescalation and greytide. Xenobio wouldn't give them monkey cubes, so they broke in and killed the xenobiologists when they attempted to defend themselves. You have GOT to stop doing this.
As non antag cargo tech, attacked HoS and stole their stun baton/hand tele to recover a body that the HoS didnt want to recover at that time. Has recent similiar behavior.
Even if this hadn't already been brought up in private (which IMO it was obvious it would have been brought up in the Bus first)

Literally just look at this dude's shit
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #631502

Vekter wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:57 am
I found the guy's history and specifically asked Magma if he wanted me to post it. I didn't just post this without notifying the banning admin.
If you had simply posted it for reference and left Magma to draw his own conclusions from it, that would have been fine. You specifically weighed in, which influences the banning admin's decision.
Pandarsenic wrote:Literally just look at this dude's shit
Yeah, he has quite a few bans on Yog. He also mentioned playing a few other servers, a few of which he doesn't seem to have any bans. The point is that the decision that his ban history should mean his appeal gets denied is the banning admin's decision, solely. Evaluative opinions about his ban history from other admins, and other players even, serves to make his appeal even less likely to be accepted, if it had a chance in the first place.

What Timber does, and has always done, is post relevant information in the appeal without a single word of evaluation. That way the banning admin has the info, but is not influenced what to think about the info.
Spoiler:
YBS

Post by YBS » #631507

I could get behind what you're saying if Vek actually have his subjective opinion on the player, but saying

"I don't know if I'd say a total of 16 bans between last May and today counts as staying out of trouble."

Isn't weighing in against the player-- it is understating the obvious. I think plenty of other people would have been tempted to say more.

I would have said "You must think we're fucking stupid" but this is why I'm not an admin.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #631509

YBS wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:22 pm I could get behind what you're saying if Vek actually have his subjective opinion on the player, but saying

"I don't know if I'd say a total of 16 bans between last May and today counts as staying out of trouble."
If that's not subjective to you then you're misreading it. Another admin might very well think, "well, Yog is pretty harsh with their rules, and his bans weren't really for anything similar to the one he got on TG. Maybe he has a good history on those other servers - maybe I should ask him for vouches from them," etc. Just because you and others agree he has a damning history doesn't mean the admin will too, and it's honestly so unfair for the player when unrelated parties come in chiming in on the player's behavior. If your peers come in saying, "wow this guy has a damning history," are you more or less likely to deny the appeal than if they said nothing?

It doesn't even matter if all of us here, and 10 more admins agree he has a bad history. We aren't part of the appeal. This shit happens all the time and it's so irritating, it happened on my note appeal with 3 players and like 2 unrelated admins giving their 2-cents on what they thought about it. It's the most irritating fucking thing as the appealer and it just makes your job so much fucking harder.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #631510

If you're not going to follow the rules of a server that is more serious in RP than TG, then why use that as a vouch?
Also:

Not following the orders of their master as a subverted borg:
Round 38506: Failure to follow master's orders as e-magged borg, thusly murderboning. Valid complaint - https://forums.yogstation.net/threads/l ... ucy.24420/
Indirectly assisting a hostile antagonist to the station in killing people:
Valid complaint: https://forums.yogstation.net/threads/l ... opz.24160/ Self-antagging, purposefully made malf borgs knowing there was a malf AI to 'appease them'
Greytide resulting in murder of people for defending themselves from instigator (shitty escalation):
Severe overescalation and greytide. Xenobio wouldn't give them monkey cubes, so they broke in and killed the xenobiologists when they attempted to defend themselves. You have GOT to stop doing this.
All these would break TG rules.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #631512

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:49 pm It doesn't even matter if all of us here, and 10 more admins agree he has a bad history. We aren't part of the appeal. This shit happens all the time and it's so irritating, it happened on my note appeal with 3 players and like 2 unrelated admins giving their 2-cents on what they thought about it. It's the most irritating fucking thing as the appealer and it just makes your job so much fucking harder.
I would simply not accumulate a ban per month after being told to keep my nose clean
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #631513

Archie700 wrote:If you're not going to follow the rules of a server that is more serious in RP than TG, then why use that as a vouch?
Archie700 wrote:...All these would break TG rules.
He shouldn't have use Yog as a vouch. He broke rules that would have been violations even on TG, yes. My entire point is the banning admin can draw his own conclusions about that. Other admins saying "wow look how bad this is" in the ban appeal sets the tenor of the appeal differently and influences the banning admin's decision.
Pandarsenic wrote:I would simply not accumulate a ban per month after being told to keep my nose clean
Yes, he didn't behave great on Yog. Again, not my point.
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #631514

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:15 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:57 am
If you had simply posted it for reference and left Magma to draw his own conclusions from it, that would have been fine. You specifically weighed in, which influences the banning admin's decision.
Pandarsenic wrote:Literally just look at this dude's shit
Yeah, he has quite a few bans on Yog. He also mentioned playing a few other servers, a few of which he doesn't seem to have any bans. The point is that the decision that his ban history should mean his appeal gets denied is the banning admin's decision, solely. Evaluative opinions about his ban history from other admins, and other players even, serves to make his appeal even less likely to be accepted, if it had a chance in the first place.

What Timber does, and has always done, is post relevant information in the appeal without a single word of evaluation. That way the banning admin has the info, but is not influenced what to think about the info.
That's valid criticism. I'll keep that in mind in the future.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #631515

Good work explaining that to vekter in a non hostile way i am glad the community can come together and try to make the appeals process as fair as possible

The rift between player and jannie is healing
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #631663

>acts like a complete shitter on another server
>gets unbanned anyways

why
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #631681

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:47 pm >acts like a complete shitter on another server
>gets unbanned anyways

why
cause he didn't have history on several other servers and the ban was 9 god damn months ago
Spoiler:
YBS

Post by YBS » #631923

stabs you
Damn sorry man I don't have any excuse sorry
stabs your neighbor
Damn dude you know I have no excuse I am just sorry, can I come back into your house?
Cool.
stabs you
Damn sorry man I don't have any excuse sorry