Sus note peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Sus note peanut

Post by bastardblaster » #631642

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31116
Will Sticky somehow relate this note to the failings of capitalism? Is this a clever plot to sabotage Kieth's campaign? Will Kieth use this to whip the players into a frenzy? Find out more on the next episode of /tg/station!

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Sus note peanut

Post by Pandarsenic » #631972

The spacegods blessed us with the abilities to flip, to spin, and to clap

And in our simpleminded decadence and debauchery, we spit in their faces by doing all of them at once
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #631994

Farquaar wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:49 pm I don't care about sus
I don't care about tot
But if you spin-flip-clap in front of me, I treat it IC like you just flipped me off.
I can't hear you over the sound of my hands clapping while I crack my knuckles.
Hugs
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #632234

YBS wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:25 am I will paypal you 20.00 USD if you have a single fully written roleplay interaction in your last 3 rounds where you actually try to write something vaguely IC, consecutively and coherently.
Is this offer only for Kieth4?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #632252

Tearling wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:46 am
YBS wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:25 am I will paypal you 20.00 USD if you have a single fully written roleplay interaction in your last 3 rounds where you actually try to write something vaguely IC, consecutively and coherently.
I mean I assume the point is not to have to pay, so probably
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #632315

Tearling wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:46 am
I know some of you actually want to do more than space TTT.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #632326

I want less downtime and more balanced explosions (where explosions is shorthand for cool shit happening)
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #632331

cacogen wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:10 am I want less downtime and more balanced explosions (where explosions is shorthand for cool shit happening)
I want Saving Private Ryan, not a 90 minute youtube compilation of explosions and violence.

The narrative is what turns "shit happening" into "cool shit happening"
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #632400

YBS wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:29 am ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⡾⠿⠿⠿⠿⢶⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠁⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣀⣈⣻⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡇⠀⠀⣾⣟⠛⠋⠉⠉⠙⠛⢷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢀⣤⣴⣶⣿⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⢹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢸⡏⠀⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣼⡇⠀⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⠿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⢻⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣼⣷⣶⣶⣶⣤⡀⠀⠀
⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀
⢻⡇⠀⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
among us GETTING HEAD?
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
YBS

Post by YBS » #632419

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:20 pm among us GETTING HEAD?
Getting ahead in amogus ヽ(´ー`)ノ
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #632543

Farquaar wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:49 pm I don't care about sus
I don't care about tot
But if you spin-flip-clap in front of me, I treat it IC like you just flipped me off.
The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of calisthenics in orbital and deep space contexts.
When visiting a space station, space craft, or similar void construct, most people who have spent their entire lives on a planet's surface will immediately remark upon the socially common act of flipping. This is, of course, distinct from planetbound flipping in its social meaning. When you hear someone say, "Hey, want to see me do a backflip?" This generally means you should get out your PDA -- both to record the ensuing disaster, and to call for medical attention immediately after. This is not the case for spacers.

For the average spacer, performing a flip has a culturally complex history and meaning. Due to the difficulties of life in low, null, or artificial gravity, fitness becomes paramount to prevent muscular atrophy. In this modern era, performing a flip is the most common gesture of fitness assurance. It demonstrates the inner ear's adjustment to the geometric and gravometric complexities of orbit, it indicates your fitness in the core and the legs, and it acts as a kind of gesture of assurance: "If everything is annihilated in some immediate disaster, I know how to navigate upside down. Trust me."

Performing a flip is sometimes incorporated into casual conversation by spacers. For the surface-bound, an approximate cultural translation is provided:

"Hella."
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #632546

Hella
alternatively, bitchin'
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
YBS

Post by YBS » #632575

BlevRuz wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:08 pm
The Unofficial Galactic Company Protocol Guide has this to say on the topic of calisthenics in orbital and deep space contexts.
*snip*
"Hella."
I didn't come into this thread expecting to have flipping justified forever, but you really just did.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #632577

YBS wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:25 am
kieth4 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:49 pm Does saying 'tot' for example ruin rp? No.
'Tot' is NRP.

I think the note's worthwhile because you chucked it back in a mods face when you're asked to do something relatively simple for the games atmosphere. This isn't a note about you saying sus, it's about you basically saying "I don't have to RP because it's not ruining anyone's RP." I think everyone swinging for you under the flag that saying 'Sus' once ad-hoc is not NRP is completely missing the point, which is on brand.

And before anyone has another freezing cold take about this, I'll make a bet:

I will paypal you 20.00 USD if you have a single fully written roleplay interaction in your last 3 rounds where you actually try to write something vaguely IC, consecutively and coherently.
Will you actually send me money? I have a whole interaction recorded even where I had a cool wedding...
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #632578

Also cope & seethe, you can assume I don't rp all you want but I've unironically probably done more rp that you have in your whole gaming career. Saying 'sus'/'tot' literally has 0 impact on my ability to rp nor in my want to do so. It's hilarious how you somehow think it ruins the atmosphere where was have situations in real life with people climbing into Mcdonalds windows via the drivethrough then twerking when asked to leave. The atmosphere is dynamic, it's able to switch as the round goes on. Me saying a single word in an enclosed space where no one else other than a moving box (it was kinda sus btw) can see does not ruin your enviroment.
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #632584

YBS wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:25 pm I didn't come into this thread expecting to have flipping justified forever, but you really just did.
i copied it wholesale from DECOMPRESSED: NUKEOPS its quite good
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #632594

It is EXTREMELY good and I recommend every SS13 player read it
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #632609

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:51 pm It is EXTREMELY good and I recommend every SS13 player read it
just read the whole thing in one sitting
pretty fucking good, yeah