ATTENTION TG PLAYERS THIS IS A WARNING!!!! SPIDERS ARE ABOUT TO BE REMOVED!!!!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

ATTENTION TG PLAYERS THIS IS A WARNING!!!! SPIDERS ARE ABOUT TO BE REMOVED!!!!

Post by Kendrickorium » #636509

DONT THINK I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOURE UP TO CODERS

YOU DID THE SAME SHIT WITH SWARMERS BEFORE YOU REMOVED THEM
YOU SET THE FREQUENCY TO APPEAR WAY HIGHER SO PLAYERS WOULD GET SICK OF EM AND THEN LESS PLAYERS WOULD CRY WHEN YOU REMOVED THEM

I SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH SPIDERS

SCREEN SHOT THIS POST ALL
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: ATTENTION TG PLAYERS THIS IS A WARNING!!!! SPIDERS ARE ABOUT TO BE REMOVED!!!!

Post by san7890 » #636512

The other day, someone latejoined as a traitor and asked me to give it to someone else. After doing the removal of the traitor status, I thought that since relatively little was going on the station, that I would let Dynamic pick a midround event. That event it chose? Spiders. I stared at that for the 10 seconds it was on the screen, wondering if I should press (PICK SOMETHING ELSE). I didn't press that button. The event proceeded as normal, and the spiders ended up steamrolling the crew.

sorry :(
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: ATTENTION TG PLAYERS THIS IS A WARNING!!!! SPIDERS ARE ABOUT TO BE REMOVED!!!!

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636513

honestly sometimes the crew deserves an antag that steam rolls over them. And sometimes they deserve an antag they can barely beat back at the inch of their life

Bug spray should do 50 brute to spiders, put it in cleaning bottles/janitors spray gun and it should be a crew steamroll
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #636514

is this about dynamic 2022 or about the secret underground coder meeting that i snuck you into
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #636516

I like spiders. They're fun, creepy, and give dead players a way to cause havoc. They're like zombies, but with more legs.
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #636525

Farquaar wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:46 am They're like zombies
SHH YOU FOOL
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #636531

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:23 am
Farquaar wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:46 am They're like zombies
SHH YOU FOOL
Zombie Panic, Zombie Fortress and other many games/mods released over the years prove that the "dead players kill the living players" is dang good fun. It encourages unselfish play by rewarding players who protect their teammates.
► Show Spoiler
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #636554

Spiders good. Just shoot them, they're easy and fun.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636563

Maybe spiders wouldn't be such a pain if the crew were allowed to have decent weapons

Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to try thermal pistols on the little fuckers yet, but I doubt it solves the basic problem of ghosts coming back as spiders faster than you can really do shit about them
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #636567

literally just cool atmos a bit. Should take care of the spiders while the crew sips coffee an laughs
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #636574

Spiders and zombies are both great and I'm still legitimately tilted that zombies got nerfed into nonexistence.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #636625

good, fuck spiders.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #636631

oh my fucking god they're so sneaky and underhanded coders are literally SO EVIL

they're SLOWLY DRAINING ALL AVENUES OF CHAOS OUT THE ROUND, SUCKING IT SHLLLURRRPPPPPP ALL THE CHAOS RIGHT OUT
FIRST ROMEROL THEN PROG TOT THEN SWARMERS NOW SPIDERS

THE CODER OFFENSIVE TO TURN EVERY ROUND INTO 90 MINUTE BAR RP IS IN EFFECT, PANIC
Spoiler:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #636638

just make spiders set venom in your bloodstream rather than add it to your bloodstream (so you never stack like 30 venom) and spiders would be fine
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #636641

I like spiders. Spiders are fun. Please dont remove spiders.

With sad regards,
- InfiniteGalaxies
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #636649

YBS wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:41 pm Spiders and zombies are both great and I'm still legitimately tilted that zombies got nerfed into nonexistence.
The coders dont want you to know this but the alien tools in space are free. You can just take them home! I have 493 Necrotic Revival tech disks in my basement.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #636667

Spiders are easy to deal with.

Grab a RCD and a space suit.

Wall of the spider infested tunnels, then open a hole into space.

You will be spider free within minutes.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #636670

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:20 pm Spiders are easy to deal with.

Coders made it so that spiders can create atmos-safe webs to prevent this solution.
OP is right, coders are behind it all, spider removal soon.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
thgvr
Byond Username: Thgvr

Post by thgvr » #636675

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:20 pm Spiders are easy to deal with.

Spiders can make structures that block atmos. They inject far too much toxin on every click, two attacks is around 20 brute + 30-40 toxin damage from 10u toxin. Infinite respawns, too. Even ashwalkers had their respawns limited.

Big if true basically
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #636679

Tearling wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:56 pm

Coders made it so that spiders can create atmos-safe webs to prevent this solution.
OP is right, coders are behind it all, spider removal soon.
This has convinced me the coder conspiracy is true.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #636773

You just gotta vent the right part of their base or break down the wall they put up. Once the air is gone, it's gone, and the spiders can't fix the atmos. It takes way too long for them to spin those wall-webs, too.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #636781

just identify the problems with spiders and nerf them
thgvr wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:09 pm Spiders can make structures that block atmos. They inject far too much toxin on every click, two attacks is around 20 brute + 30-40 toxin damage from 10u toxin. Infinite respawns, too. Even ashwalkers had their respawns limited.
this is a good start : )
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #636817

Too much juju, they'll end up escaping while people die from atmos in the tunnels.
Just hunt down the broodmothers and kill them then wipe out their bases of clusters and other spiders with laserguns and riot
Spoiler:
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #636822

I think this is really funny, as someone who made the "recent" changes to spiders in the first place. Remember when spiders literally flooded from every vent and were impossible to get rid of once that happened? Good times.

Anyways, I've been busy, and I wanted to do some stuff to Space Dragon first before I worked on spiders again, but here was some of the changes I wanted to make:
- Spiders can be set on fire
- Spiders take extra damage from bug swatters
- Spiders take stam damage when sprayed with pesticide
- Broodmothers don't lay eggs anymore, they can make a big egg cluster per room which spawns eggs around it passively, but broodmothers can only place the structure if the room is sufficiently webbed
- Spider poison change (make it a hallucinagen instead of a poison?)

As for any sort of coder cabal to get spiders removed, I certainly don't have anything to do with it. I've done a lot of work with midrounds and I'd rather reintroduce our removed/unused midrounds instead of removing them, though I know some coders think differently on the subject. On that matter, if any of you can come up with a fun and distinct version of swarmers, I wouldn't mind re-adding them either.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #636827

Good work indie, they're off the scent
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #636845

I'd be fine with it, Spiders are one of the least enjoyable midrounds and it sucks getting dunked on by something that runs at 3x the speed you do, can three shot you due to poison, and even when you kill it, it'll just respawn faster than you can kill the next one.

Each weakness Spiders get winds up getting something coded in to stop it (like the atmos-blocking webs).

Either rework them into something that doesn't suck, or remove 'em and replace 'em with something else.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #636847

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:44 am Maybe spiders wouldn't be such a pain if the crew were allowed to have decent weapons

Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to try thermal pistols on the little fuckers yet, but I doubt it solves the basic problem of ghosts coming back as spiders faster than you can really do shit about them
They're not very good compared to disablers + laser. They have capacity issues, which is not what you want to have against spiders, and you would be better off with more disablers to keep the spiders slowed down.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #636998

Sound the alarms gamers, spiders are not long for this server
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637000

if you gave spiders a player-controlled spiderling at the end of each leg that then have to pilot the spider that would be a form of balance