Admin bans people for making fun of him appealnut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Admin bans people for making fun of him appealnut

Post by Annihilite111 » #636568

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31445
First time posting a peanut thread. Be gentle.
I'm not sure if i like the implication that making fun of an admin on discord gives that admin the right to ban you himself.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Re: Admin bans people for making fun of him appealnut

Post by massa » #636578

what a barrelchested ordeal mr hogan has put these young men through

i hope they find their way and grow as men from this compassionate but harsh tutelage. it's funny watching these apologies to his casual approval and acceptance.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #636582

lmao who the fuck bans people for discord emote responses
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #636589

Ftr cum posting has always annoyed me, but I just accepted it (probably with some whining) as one of those trivial little things you can’t make a big deal out of. Now it’s cum posters turn to do that. What baffles me is that one of the most important tenants of admin conduct are being thrown out over something so silly.

Then again, who cares?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #636595

Liberals tell me to get another joke when i identify myself as a helicopter gunship and call me a racist for saying i support freedom of speech and then they get told to stop replying to everything with the punchline "cum" and they whip out a copy of the bill of rights and start shitting themselves and screaming SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Thanks obama
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #636602

I can't even come up with a witty comment to this, this is so kafkaesque, a man tries to ban cum and loses his mind, I just..... :mrgreen:

Now ban women too.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #636603

BONERMASTER wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:00 pm Now ban women too.
??????
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #636607

Annihilite111 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:08 pm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31445
First time posting a peanut thread. Be gentle.
I'm not sure if i like the implication that making fun of an admin on discord gives that admin the right to ban you himself.
To be fair MSO seems to have specified it is only Hulk and MSO himself who seem to get this privilege.
MrsTonedOne wrote:The only person (among senior leadership) who has put in enough work in achieving our moderation goals in the community to be able to criticize how hulk does it is me.
Maybe we should ask for a special discord role so we know who we can or can't criticize/mock if things change in the future.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #636609

That was directed at admins, not players (hence why i said senior leadership). The one thing I've learn, is that the power moderators do a majority of the work and this creates a situation where they can end up getting the majority of the complaints for said work. Not giving them a bit more leeway accelerates burnout and then the work gets neglected.

Also, If the same level of mocking had happened in a general chat channel, it likely wouldn't have been dealt with the same way.

It happened in a moderator ticket to the users, where making light of the whole affair usually signals you don't take the matter seriously. Something we usually respond with by giving you a reason to take the matter more seriously.

Dog piling on somebody mocking how ever is different from being the first one to mock. No mob mentality is allowed in the discord. Repeating the same shit already said by somebody else and chiming in with little to no material addition to the discussion disrupts the ability to hold a conversation, something banned by the rules.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #636610

MrStonedOne wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:18 pm
(should probably remove it so that doesnt happen before making the ticket)
WE FUCKING CAN'T. Discord rate limits ALL actions including moderator actions and EACH AND EVERY SINGLE FUCKING +1 TO A REACT HAS TO BE REMOVED SEPARATELY. Once you hit 100 react removals in an hour discord bans your ip for 1 hour. (which it also does if you hit 100 react adds in 1 hour).

This is part of why the no dog piling rule exists. Discord will have no issue banning our entire discord for rule breaking content (not that this was discord T&C rule breaking content) while at the same time making us live within network level rate limits that allow our users to post rule breaking content faster then we can remove it.
If this is the case and discord moderation is in such a poor state (to the point that one person is handling 70% of the workload), surely rules shouldn't be put into effect that needlessly increase that workload, right? If we have to sacrifice fairness in order to have a discord, fine. If having on admin rule on situations involving themself is a necessary evil, so be it. But it doesn't appear to be necessary here, couldn't we have just disabled reacts to newsbus?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #636614

We have, when ever its gotten bad.

But the plain and simple matter is I do not like falling back on collective punishments or other forms of "this is why we can't have nice things" like that any more then I have to. Users abusing reacts shouldn't limit the react powers of users who do not abuse reacts. Bad faith actors shouldn't be given that kind of power.

Which is why the disabling of reacts during high abuse is temporary. (like disabling OOC when people dogpile on accidental ickock)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #636617

I suppose it's just agree to disagree then, the way I look at it is: no enforcement > bad enforcement. Which I don't mean as a knock to hulk because he does do a good job, I just think there's inevitable bias when handling matters involving yourself no matter who you are. It's bad form which should be avoided wherever possible.

edit: which reading the thread essentially leads me back to my first post: is something as silly as this really worth having to suspend something as important as fair enforcement?
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #636622

lol
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #636661

MrStonedOne wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:44 pm Dog piling on somebody mocking how ever is different from being the first one to mock. No mob mentality is allowed in the discord. Repeating the same shit already said by somebody else and chiming in with little to no material addition to the discussion disrupts the ability to hold a conversation, something banned by the rules.
If mob mentality is not allowed on the discord, why are 90% of polcon posters (including myself) not banned? That shit is a circlejerk every other day.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636663

they should have wrote gum

Because bungee gum has the properties of rubber and gum
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #636691

hulk is a good boy, be nice to him
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #636692

I just don't like the way the announcement was handled. If you want players to take your new rule seriously then don't post it accompanied by anime picture with text on it.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #636715

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #636989

fucking digg mod lmao, shameful!